[Drama 2011] Bachelor's Vegetable Store 총각네 야채가게

cherkell

awww, yes, happy to see a fellow Cloud here too! I recognize your name from 625 blog, nice to see you here!!!!!! *hugs*

I hope that Seul Woo has a change of heart in the end, i want to like him! (maybe because he reminds me of Rain a bit? lol)

Does anyone know if they are ending with 20 eps for sure or continuing on for 24 eps???? I don't want it to end already :(

I am patiently waiting for Dramafever to sub this weeks eps but afraid it won't be available until the weekend again...thanks for catching us up in the meantime CherKell!!!

Hi guys!!  I just got home after a 20-hour workday and regret to inform you that the Episode 20 recap will be a bit delayed because I need to sleep now.  I'll finish it up tomorrow AM, so check in then for all your BVS drooling!!

Channel A did finally get back to me via e-mail that this Show is scheduled for 24 episodes for sure -- there's no freakin' way that Episode 20 was the end at all!!  There was a bit of confusion because of the problems the station was having with the "Colour of Woman" drama, and everyone thought BVS would also end at 20 episodes as well.  But since the ratings keep staying about .600%, I bet the PD-nims are all happy now!!

Off to bed.  굿나잇♡!!

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EP 19 with English subs is up! Here:

http://www.dramafeve...ble_Store/?ap=1 

http://www.kimchidra...episode-19.html

http://www.dramacraz...ore-episode-19/

Ga-on finally figures out Crazy used her just to be the heir of Mok Young Group. (DOH) And then goes to Fake Dad and tells him it's all HER fault? OMO, with the self-sacrifice stuff! dry.gif And Ga-on continues to lie to Tae-young. *sigh* I seriously wish he wouldn't end up with her. tongue2.gif

Cherkell, thank you so much for all your recaps! wub.gif

Guest kayana20

I finally watched today and loved episode 19 but the crazy mother just disgusts me. Accept that everything is coming out and that the downfall is here. Ga-on is just as dumb to me because it's obvious Ta-young loves her but sorry lying about who you are just to save someone who saved you is pathetic and not deserving of anything.I am going to wait till the series finshes to watch because it seems no one is learning a lesson from anything they are going through at all when crazy mom is the one at fault. I feel no sympathy for her and that everyone is just a pawn to her to make sure her lie of a life stays that way and she remains rich. May her real daughter get peace and justice at the end of the series.

Episode 20 with sub is up at dramafever...

Finally, Jin Shim made the best decision in this episode, standing her ground and moved out not just from the house but from crazy mom's shadows. But I doubt if she can really get away from crazy evil mom's shadow because just like she said she can throw away Jin Shim but Jin Shim can never do that...And judging by the last scene, she may have miscarriage or not but I'm thinking that will make Jin Shim run back to her and take care of her. And I have a bad feeling about Tae Yang's last scene too, with the headlights on his face, did crazy mom order someone to harm him?

@CherKell....thanks a lot for the updates!!!

awww, yes, happy to see a fellow Cloud here too! I recognize your name from 625 blog, nice to see you here!!!!!! *hugs*

I hope that Seul Woo has a change of heart in the end, i want to like him! (maybe because he reminds me of Rain a bit? lol)

Does anyone know if they are ending with 20 eps for sure or continuing on for 24 eps???? I don't want it to end already :(

I am patiently waiting for Dramafever to sub this weeks eps but afraid it won't be available until the weekend again...thanks for catching us up in the meantime CherKell!!!

Hello dear! I know, I recognized your name too and I miss our old 625 blog too :-)

Me too, I've been checking dramafever from time to time to check if they subbed it already... I'm so glad they did it faster this week.

Guest altinneen

Is episode 20 the final episode or are there going to be more? cause if it ends like that....it makes no sense at all. Not one story line was tied off in a happy or bad way.

Guest Love.B.

I'm so glad it was confirmed that we still have four eps to go! Anyone else ready and hoping for the writers to quickly tie up the story line with the deranged mom ASAP? That woman is a manipulative nut!

I don't want to wait until the last two eps to see romance, and t.y. happy... There has been enough angst already. I truly hope they start focusing on more optimistic eps!

I was flipping out after the 20th ep and then saw more places saying it was 24 eps. Glad to see CherKell confirm it for us!

I really can't wait to see what they are going to do. I feel like the writers have a good grasp on the story lines.

Ji Chang Wook Taken To Hospital After Car Accident
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  From Naver this morning, it is reported that Ji Chang Wook was transported to hospital after an accident at 5:00 AM KST near Gangnam-dong (which is a Seoul suburb).  Several sources say the extent of his injuries are minor, but he was taken to hospital as a precaution.

He was a passenger in a car driven by his manager when they collided with a dump truck, which then caught on fire but was quickly extinquished.  Reports say that the dump truck driver fell asleep after driving all night, but investigation is continuing.

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 12:30 PM KST 26 February 2012: JCW’s management company just released a statement that he bumped his head and received some bruises during the accident and was taken to hospital as a precaution, but he’s well enough to be released and is heading back to the set to finish filming. He sends along a note to his fans to not worry because he’ll be okay. PHEW. The van he was riding in was totalled, but now there is speculation over who exactly was at fault for the accident, as the investigation continues. (Doesn’t this bring back the nightmare of Yoo Seung Ho’s accident back during the WBDS filming? ::shudder:: )

With four episodes left in the BVS drama, most of his scenes have already been filmed so there should be no disruption in the shooting schedule if he does decide to return to Seoul for further treatment. I’ve got a live feed to a few news broadcasts, so I’ll update if need be. In the meantime… BE STRONG, CHANGWUK-GA!!! 파이팅!!!

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 1:10 AM KST 27 February 2012: Big Deep Heavy Sigh... I figured as more sources started investigating that the whole truth would eventually come out. It was his MANAGER that caused the accident, as he allegedly because drowsy and the van they were riding in plowed into the back of a dump truck waiting at a traffic light. The van caught fire but was quickly extinguished and ended up totalled. This all came about due to the late-night shoot that ended at 2:00 AM, but Changwook-ssi was required back on the set by 7:00 AM to resume filming, so they were on their way back to the set and the accident occurred at 5:48 AM KST.

Both JCW and his manager were treated for their injuries and released, but the most disturbing fact is that Changwook-ssi received a 4cm-long gash to his upper forehead near the hairline, which the doctors bandaged up so he could return to the BVS set around 1:00 PM. He finishing filming and will return to hospital to receive further treatment on 27 February. Good thing too, because I will make it my life’s work to ensure someone will pay dearly if that gorgeous face of his ever received a single scratch!!! Hwaiting nae salang-eul Jibaewoonim!! ♥♥♥

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  From Naver this morning, it is reported that Ji Chang Wook was transported to hospital after an accident at 5:00 AM KST near Nonhyeon-dong (which is a northwest Seoul suburb).  Several sources say the extent of his injuries are minor, but he was taken to hospital as a precaution.

He was a passenger in a car driven by his manager when they collided with a dump truck, which then caught on fire but was quickly extinquished.  Reports say that the dump truck driver fell asleep after driving all night, but investigation is continuing.

I'll update this post with more news as it happens...  

crazy.gif Ah, no! I hope he's okay. Thanks for the info. 

ARGH.  Episode 20 was the one where I almost beat my monitor to death.  I know this is just a drama, but DAMMIT there really needs to be some other characters standing up for themselves other than Tae-yang.  Bless his heart, he's not taking the latest developments lying down... but argh.  ARGH!!!  What a bunch of wishy-washy human beings!!

And for those of you who might be wondering, the latest storyline with the "black consumer" is a true one (the only exception was that Crazy Mom wasn't the one behind the plot) -- Lee Young Suk devotes an entire chapter to how this incident almost brought him permanently to his knees.  I am happy that the Show is still keeping true (for the most part) to his biography, with a side dish of makjang thrown in for good measure. :)

To respond to a PM recently sent me, the reason I'm not inserting screencaps into the recaps is because the Soompi Servers won't let me -- if I insert a picture and need to go back into the post to edit a typo or something, then each screencap gets wiped out (so all the hard work of inserting 50 pictures goes down the drain).  I'll wait until the Show is completely over before inserting pictures because there will be no reason to fix anything any longer.

But here's some pictures I can use regardless -- let's send off some Happy Birthday wishes to Lee Eun (Chan-sol's baby mama), who turned 31 on 20 February, and the same to Jang Hang Seon (the Tosa Jung), who turned 65 on 22 February!!

ARGH.  This was the episode where I almost beat my monitor to death.  I know this is just a drama, but DAMMIT there really needs to be some other characters standing up for themselves other than Tae-yang.  Bless his heart, he's not taking the latest developments lying down... but argh.  ARGH!!!  What a bunch of wishy-washy human beings!!

And for those of you who might be wondering, the latest storyline with the "black consumer" is a true one (the only exception was that Crazy Mom wasn't the one behind the plot) -- Lee Young Suk devotes an entire chapter to how this incident almost brought him permanently to his knees.  I am happy that the Show is still keeping true (for the most part) to his biography, with a side dish of makjang thrown in for good measure. :)

To respond to a PM recently sent me, the reason I'm not inserting screencaps into the recaps is because the Soompi Servers won't let me -- if I insert a picture and need to go back into the post to edit a typo or something, then each screencap gets wiped out (so all the hard work of inserting 50 pictures goes down the drain).  I'll wait until the Show is completely over before inserting pictures because there will be no reason to fix anything any longer.

But here's some pictures I can use regardless -- let's send off some Happy Birthday wishes to Lee Eun (Chan-sol's baby mama), who turned 31 on 20 February, and the same to Jang Hang Seon (the Tosa Jung), who turned 65 on 22 February!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  From Naver this morning, it is reported that Ji Chang Wook was transported to hospital after an accident at 5:00 AM KST near Nonhyeon-dong (which is a northwest Seoul suburb).  Several sources say the extent of his injuries are minor, but he was taken to hospital as a precaution.

I'll update this post with more news as it happens...  

NO!!! I hope and pray he's doing fine.... Get well soon Chang Wook....

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 12:30 PM KST 26 February 2012: JCW’s management company just released a statement that he bumped his head and received some bruises during the accident and was taken to hospital as a precaution, but he’s well enough to be released and is heading back to the set to finish filming. He sends along a note to his fans to not worry because he’ll be okay. PHEW. The van he was riding in was totalled, but now there is speculation over who exactly was at fault for the accident, as the investigation continues. (Doesn’t this bring back the nightmare of Yoo Seung Ho’s accident back during the WBDS filming? ::shudder:: )

With four episodes left in the BVS drama, most of his scenes have already been filmed so there should be no disruption in the shooting schedule if he does decide to return to Seoul for further treatment. I’ve got a live feed to a few news broadcasts, so I’ll update if need be. In the meantime… BE STRONG, CHANGWUK-GA!!! 파이팅!!!

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 1:10 AM KST 27 February 2012: Big Deep Heavy Sigh... I figured as more sources started investigating that the whole truth would eventually come out. It was his MANAGER that caused the accident, as he allegedly because drowsy and the van they were riding in plowed into the back of a dump truck waiting at a traffic light. The van caught fire but was quickly extinguished and ended up totalled. This all came about due to the late-night shoot that ended at 2:00 AM, but Changwook-ssi was required back on the set by 7:00 AM to resume filming, so they were on their way back to the set and the accident occurred at 5:48 AM KST.

Both JCW and his manager were treated for their injuries and released, but the most disturbing fact is that Changwook-ssi received a 4cm-long gash to his upper forehead near the hairline, which the doctors bandaged up so he could return to the BVS set around 1:00 PM. He finishing filming and will return to hospital to receive further treatment on 27 February. Good thing too, because I will make it my life’s work to ensure someone will pay dearly if that gorgeous face of his ever received a single scratch!!! Hwaiting nae salang-eul Jibaewoonim!! ♥♥♥

Thanks for the update. Whoa, the van was totaled? Serious accident. I'm so glad CW is okay and able to return to filming. (I'm glad everyone is okay) smile.gif

d92fe219.jpg
Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 7:44 AM KST 27 February 2012: First pictures of the accident scene are being released — this is the car that JCW was riding in, and you can see on the passenger side where (allegedly) he hit the windshield resulting in the gash in his forehead. (Thank goodness for airbags!!) Later during filming, he was complaining of a headache and was limping, so production was called off for the day and he headed back to hospital to get looked at again.         I'm sure you'd all agree with me that this stupid stuff has got to stop!!  Is it going to take someone's death before the Korean entertainment industry takes a good long look at itself?  Yeah, I understand his commitment to the production, but the fact that he was done with filming must mean there was some sort of script re-write for the last four episodes that required him to return to the BVS set.  He's not helping his own cause by starring in this Show, filming two music videos, shooting several fashion magazine spreads, being a spokesman for the skincare line and the WACS Conference in Daejeon... all at the same freakin' time!!!       In an interview Changwook-ssi did right after WBDS ended, he had said he wanted to work without a break if the opportunities arose.  You would think his Management Company would try to spread out his appearances schedule, but it seems they're working him like a pack mule instead.  Hopefully this will be a wake-up call for him to SLOW. DOWN. NOW. Don't make me hop a flight over to Seoul and beat someone senseless if he suffers any long-term effects from this mess... because you all know I would!!  GRRRR!!!!!

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 10:30 PM KST 27 February 2012: Our Lead Bachelor left the set Sunday afternoon and returned to hospital to have 4 stitches close up the gash in his forehead, and was sent home with painkillers and a mandate for bed rest.  Fortunately, there is no skull fracturing and he is expected to return to the set the late afternoon of 28 February.  Here's a YTN video report from this morning, but no shots of the accident scene are included.

Some news reports are stating that the production is in danger because of several scenes that JCW has yet to film, which confirms that there must have been a script rewrite or something.  Channel A should then repeat a few episodes to buy him some time to recover, dammit!!  We all know his extreme commitment to the Show and he will finish his scenes no matter what, but I have a really sick feeling that the plot line is going to suffer from the PD-nim trying to not push him too hard due to his injuries.  I just wish he would tweet or something letting us all know that he's okay... sigh.

If there's anything silly coming out of all this, it's that the news feeds have attached such old pictures to their reports that it gives me a giggle fit when I see a shot of his Donghae or Joon Hyung (from "Hero") characters next to the text.  (Yeah, I'm funny that way.)  Mega-wishes for a speedy recovery, Changwook-ssi!! ♥♥♥

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 10:30 PM KST 27 February 2012: Our Lead Bachelor left the set Sunday afternoon and returned to hospital to have 4 stitches close up the gash in his forehead, and was sent home with painkillers and a mandate for bed rest.  Fortunately, there is no skull fracturing and he is expected to return to the set the late afternoon of 28 February.  Here's a YTN video report from this morning, but no shots of the accident scene are included.

Some news reports are stating that the production is in danger because of several scenes that JCW has yet to film, which confirms that there must have been a script rewrite or something.  Channel A should then repeat a few episodes to buy him some time to recover, dammit!!  We all know his extreme commitment to the Show and he will finish his scenes no matter what, but I have a really sick feeling that the plot line is going to suffer from the PD-nim trying to not push him too hard due to his injuries.  I just wish he would tweet or something letting us all know that he's okay... sigh.

If there's anything silly coming out of all this, it's that the news feeds have attached such old pictures to their reports that it gives me a giggle fit when I see a shot of his Donghae or Joon Hyung (from "Hero") characters next to the text.  (Yeah, I'm funny that way.)  Mega-wishes for a speedy recovery, Changwook-ssi!! ♥♥♥

CherKell thanks for the updates! I hope Channel A will be considerate enough not to force Ji Chang Wook to work just to finish the drama. His health is most important...

EPISODE 21 MINI-CAP, Part 1:

As I type this with shaky hands...

We're back at Ga-on's house like at the end of Episode 20, with Seul-woo running up the steps and Tae-yang on the bridge, both presumably looking for her.  She's still sitting on the park bench in the cold, as Seul-woo gets to her first.  Tae-yang picks up his phone to call her, but she's turned off her phone (funny that he still has the "Ga-on" name in his phone).  When Seul-woo asks if she's moved out, she says she has.  Seul-woo asks her why she's sitting on the bench, Jin-shim says she has lots of places to go to, but can't decide which one to pick.  Seul-woo then stands up and yells at her to follow him; when she refuses, he yells for being foolish at a time like this, when she should have called someone to help!  He grabs her bag and takes off with it, leaving her no choice but to follow.  Tae-yang is still on the bridge, flashing back to the time before at Crazy Mom's house as she tells him that Ga-on was about to get kicked out of the house for good.

Seul-woo and Ga-on arrive at a local hotel, as she tells him she'll be fine and takes the bag from him.  Seul-woo asks her if there isn't a friend that she could stay with instead, as she reminds him that she doesn't have any friends.  (Um, Tae-yang, girlfriend?!?)  She takes her suitcase and heads inside.  Seul-woo just stands outside the hotel, as we see Jin-shim check in.  She pushes the button for the elevator, as Seul-woo then suddenly appears next to her.  He says he'll leave as soon as she's safely in her room, takes her suitcase from her, and they head upstairs.  Outside her door, she sends him off and thanks him for seeing her to her room (Room number 1313 , BTW.  LOL!!).  He turns away and stares at the door for awhile.

At the OB/GYN's, Crazy Mom-to-Be is getting a checkup from her doctor, who takes the ultrasound pictures with a worried look on her face.  Crazy keeps asking what's wrong and for her to show her the baby as the doctor says she's sorry but there's a problem (the baby is not moving, so she has miscarried).  Crazy has a hard time accepting the news, as the doctor says she needs to schedule a surgery right away or the fetus will cause an infection if it stays inside her body.  (True dat.)  Crazy instead pleads with the doctor to do something because she can't lose this baby because she's the mother!!  ANEYA!!!  We then see Crazy on the roof of the hospital parking lot, crying out to the dead Ga-on and asking why the dead girl couldn't save her sibling.  What is she going to do now, since that was Crazy's last hope...

Back at the hospital, Second Mom has just received some horrible news (via voiceover) from her doctor about her needing the surgery now.  As she staggers away from the elevator, she witnesses a scene between Crazy Mom and a nurse, where Crazy demands to leave the building and the nurse is trying to stop her because she needs to go to surgery right away.  Crazy then returns home to Secretary Yang all worried and stuff about her because her phone was off for so long, when she orders Yang and the ajumma to leave and goes into her room to hold onto a piece of baby clothing and goes all hysterical and orders her baby not to leave her!  ANDAE!!

Back at Fake Dad's office, we see him reading the goodbye note/letter of resignation she's left him, basically saying she's sorry and thanks while continuing on in her Noble Idiot Role.  She's off to live as Jin Jin-shim now.  We see Secretary Yang arrive at Fake Dad's request, as he asks him Ga-on's whereabouts.  Secretary Yang says he doesn't know, but that she did pack up and leave.  Fake Dad is all WTF? with him, asking if she's been in touch with Crazy Mom at all?  Secretary Yang just hangs his head in response, but then mentions to Fake Dad that there's something wrong at the house with Crazy Mom ordering everyone out saying she wants to be alone.  Fake Dad dismisses him and tells Yang that if anyone gets in touch with Ga-on, to let him know.

As Fake Dad calls for Assistant Guy to start looking for Ga-on, we see him leave as Tae-yang runs up instead.  Fake Dad reminds him that he was ordered to never come see him again, and Tae-yang says he's not there about the Store... he wants to talk to him about Jin-shim.  Back inside his office, Tae-yang asks where she is, as Fake Dad is wondering why he's asking that.  Tae-yang wants to know if he really did kick her out of the house, and to please find Jin-shim.  When Fake Dad asks why the hell he would do that, Tae-yang says he understands why Fake Dad feels like he does.  Tae-yang attempts to explain Jin-shim's actions to him, since they grew up together and he knows her better than anyone.  Fake Dad tells him she can't be forgiven for what she did.  Tae-yang says he's worried about her being lost and alone more than Fake Dad rejecting her right now.  Tae-yang says he needs to be with her right now, as Fake Dad says he's sure she'll call him if that situation presents itself. 

Tae-yang, ever the impatient boy, tells him he can't just sit around and wait... he's going to go find her first, but he's begging for Fake Dad's help.  Fake Dad gets annoyed over all the "favors" he's being asked, because Ga-on's last favor was for Fake Dad to leave Tae-yang and his Store alone.  Fake Dad asks him if he was the cause of her wanting to go back to being Jin-shim, to which he says no.  But if she were to go back to being Jin-shim, Tae-yang promises to protect her because he couldn't do the same when she lived as Mok Ga-on... and right now, she's the only one she's got.  Fake Dad tells him to leave his number with Assistant Guy, and Tae-yang begs again for Fake Dad to find her.  Tae-yang gives a deep bow as Fake Dad says if she is having a hard time... oh, never mind and Tae-yang leaves the building.

Crazy Mom is in bed, as we see her mobile ring with Fake Dad calling and she's not picking up.  Then the house phone rings, and she lumbers out of bed to pick that up.  Fake Dad asks if she's doing that on purpose to him to make him feel bad, as she says she just wanted to be alone to cry by herself.  (Yeah, whatever.)  He then asks if Crazy has gone to hospital yet -- how is the baby?  She lies (as usual) and says that the baby's fine.  He tells her to be safe and don't make the baby suffer.  They hang up and her wheels starts turning about what she's going to do next.

We're in front on Jung-ah's nail salon, where two of her customers are leaving as Yoo-bong and Ho-jae come up to greet them.  The ajummas are obviously not happy to see them, and crab away calling them 'scary men' as the boys lay on the charm thick, asking why they haven't been shopping there for awhile... haven't they missed them?  (LOL!!)  They stomp off to the usual "thank you and come again" salutation, trying to keep smiles on their faces.  Ki-young then runs up and tells Ho-jae that he has a phone call; as they run back to the kitchen, Ho-jae picks it up, and it's a colleague of his.  Ho-jae asks him if he's looked into it...

Tae-yang rides up on his bike after finishing a delivery.  Ki-young runs out and says that they have confirmation that bastard Seul-woo is involved in the plot to close the store, and since Ki-young got his address from Dan-bi, he's off to go beat the crap out of Seul-woo.  Tae-yang tells him to wait; he'll go instead... as we then see Dan-bi at Seul-woo's house asking him over and over why he did what he did.  When he doesn't answer, she resorts to whacking him a few times to get him to say something.  When Dan-bi asks him after all that Tae-yang went through and stuff, Seul-woo says he still would have done it, no matter how Dan-bi feels about Tae-yang.  Dan-bi grabs his hand and says let's go to Ga-on's dad and explain the whole thing, but he yells back at her he's not gonna do anything because Ga-on can't help him -- he's accepted money from Crazy Mom and Ga-on can't do anything about it now.  Dan-bi still is yelling at him, as we then see Imo enter the room with a pained look on her face.  Apparently overhearing their conversation, she demands Seul-woo tell her what the hell happened NOW!

Dan-bi leaves their house and walks across the bridge trying to hold it together, as Imo is back in their room giving holy hell to Seul-woo.  All he can do is apologize and said he did it all for her because he didn't want to see her rot in jail.  Imo calls him out on his deal with the devil and collapses in tears.  Imo yells at him that those nice young men are going to suffer because of Seul-woo's sins, but he barks back at her that he didn't do it for Imo... he did it for himself.  Seul-woo wanders the streets afterwards, and we see Tae-yang off to find Seul-woo, he flashes back to the conversation we didn't hear when he returned to the shop earlier.  Ho-jae confirmed it with his sunbaenim -- The reporter said that Ga-on knew all about the plot to shut down the Store and didn't do anything about it, even knowing the hyungs' position and everything.  Jung-ah wanders in and asks if she did that because she's close to Seul-woo?  Back on the street, Tae-yang's phone rings, and it's someone telling him where he can find Ga-on...

[Commercial Break #1]

Outside Ga-on's hotel, she's all sweaty and trying to nap when she gets a call from Seul-woo in the lobby, asking her if she's up and calling her out.  She begs off saying that she's not hungry, as he offers to bring her a meal to her room instead.  She says that she's eaten, but just wants to be left alone.  We then see him at a conbini nearby picking up some food and returning to the hotel, just as Tae-yang runs up the steps and into the lobby.  As he gets to the elevator area, he sees Seul-woo standing there with the food bag and a WTF? look comes over his face.  Finally at her room, Seul-woo reaches for the doorbell, but just can't bring himself to push it... and then does, just as we see Tae-yang get off the elevator at her floor.  The door opens, and Tae-yang then sees Jin-shim and does a slow burn...

Back at the Store, we see Ki-young load some bottles of tea into a tray as Yoo-bong wonders if Tae-yang has caught up to Seul-woo yet, as he says he always thought Seul-woo was a nice guy.  Ho-jae wonders as well, because one always looks for the good in someone (and drinking a bottle at the same time).  Yoo-bong is still trying to be upbeat and tells his hyungs so, as we see an ajusshi enter the store asking if this is the Fresh Men Shop (I guess all the neon signage saying so wasn't enough of a clue for him).  He's agitated and is apparently looking for the person who is cheating on his wife; when Ho-jae says that the ajusshi might be making a mistake, he pulls out his mobile and calls a number... as Yoo-bong's phone then rings.  Yoo-bong flashes back to the time that Seo-young told him that he could be in danger just like she is from this jerk.   OH CRAP, IT'S SEO-YOUNG'S STALKER... erm, I mean, HUSBAND!!!

Yoo-bong jumps up and grabs Stalker Boy by the collar, drags him out of the Store and throws him up against the truck with the hyungs following close behind.  Stalker Boy is not impressed with Yoo-bong's actions (and Ki-young wants to go after him, but Ho-jae pulls him back), as Yoo-bong tells Stalker Boy in no uncertain terms to leave Seo-young alone.  Stalker Boy then has some news of his own... he's not a stalker, but Seo-young's HUSBAND, and because she's pulled this before, he pulls out papers to prove that they were married in 2008.  Yoo-bong just stares at them, but tells Stalker Boy he doesn't believe him.  Stalker Boy yells at him back to ask her himself, as he stomps off somewhere.  Ho-jae takes the papers from his hand to review them, as Yoo-bong runs off from them to find Seo-young.

Back at the hotel, Seul-woo hands the food bag to Ga-on ("Porridge Delivery!"), who doesn't take it at first.  With a "come on, take it' from Seul-woo, she finally does... but as she looks up, she sees Tae-yang out of the corner of her eye.  As she looks all stunned, Seul-woo turns around to see Tae-yang charging down the hall to her room.  He stops and gives Seul-woo a fist right in the face, and as he falls to the ground, grabs Jin-shim's hand and drags her into the hotel room.  Tae-yang starts giving her holy hell about leaving and Jin-shim knowing the whole plot to bring the Store down -- Ga-on told Tae-yang to trust Seul-woo, and then this happens?  Jin-shim said that she hoped Seul-woo would take care of this on his own, but she finally spits out about Crazy Mom's deal with Seul-woo for Imo's bail money.  It all happened because she couldn't stop Crazy Mom's bribe!  Tae-yang begs Jin-shim for an explanation on why she stopped trusting him and not telling him about Crazy Mom's schemes, but then she goes and hides herself away in a hotel?   Jin-shim goes back to being a Noble Idiot, saying that all this happened because it was her fault, and for Tae-yang to start worrying about her as well?  Tae-yang spits back that it was not a decision for her to make -- protecting and comforting her is his duty!!  She says that's her duty as well, but she hasn't been able to step up and now Jin-shim has to be a burden to him after all she's done?  She's decided that she's going back to being Jin-shim, but she's not going to lean on Tae-yang either so that she can become stronger.  The best he can do for her right now is to leave her alone.   And while reaching for her face to wipe away a tear, he asks that she wants to be left along... but why is her face so sullen?  With an admonition to not be sick, he leaves her room.

Nice to see them filming indoors and not in the freezing cold anymore... but that's where I end Part 1.  See you in Part 2!

EPISODE 21 MINI-CAP, Part 2:

We see Tae-yang leaving the elevator bank, but lookie who's waiting for him. Tae-yang just glares at Seul-woo, and attempts to walk on by when Seul-woo grabs his arm and says for him not to blame Ga-on. Tae-yang throws his hand off and says the only reason he's not beating Seul-woo to a bloody pulp is in deference to Jin-shim. Tae-yang doesn't care why he did it for his mother, he can't sympathize with Seul-woo because Tae-yang would have never pulled such a cowardly act like that. Seul-woo is still defiant to the end, as he tells Tae-yang that he'd rather die first than receive sympathy from Tae-yang. Tae-yang says he could even drag Seul-woo to the Chairman right now (Seul-woo's all like whatever), and Tae-yang tells him that if he doesn't correct this, he won't be able to get back up again. Seul-woo calls Tae-yang a clown, and says he'd rather see him cling to Seul-woo, begging to tell the truth and maybe he might give in... NOT! Tae-yang tells him he'd better stomps off.

Yoo-bong arrives at Seo-young's house to find out the truth. She's not saying anything, as he yells at her to TELL HIM NOW!! Seo-young turns around and apologizes, saying that Stalker Boy went and got a marriage certificate without her knowing. Seo-young reaches for his hand... as Yoo-bong backs away not comprehending, but telling her she should have said something first so that he could believe her unconditionally. She says she was afraid that Yoo-bong would leave her if she told him the truth. She asks him to sit while she explains, but instead he stomps off and leaves Seo-young sobbing at her table. Yoo-bong wanders back to the Store, just as Tae-yang arrives himself and asks his hyung what he's doing outside, as Yoo-bong says nothing. They arrive to the other boys staring at them and start walking up to the kitchen, when a man enters the store. Ki-young runs up and politely tells him that he's sorry, but they're closed. The man says he's from Mok Young Corporation and he's there to shut down the Store as of tomorrow. Ho-jae and Ki-young start protesting, asking for more time to clear their names, but Tae-yang says that will never happen.

We then see a sign on the outside of the Store saying it's closed for business (and we regret any inconvenience, signed Mok Young Group -- hee!), as the hyungs are upstairs in the dorm room on their respective beds thinking. All of a sudden, an alarm clock goes off. It's 5:00 AM, the time for their usual run to the Market for produce. Yoo-bong gets up to turn it off, but Tae-ayng just hops up and puts his coat on, saying what are you guys doing? Outside the front of the Store, we see the boys watch Tae-yang as he tears the Store Closure Notice off the door and rips it in half.

[Commercial Break #2]

The hyungs are back at the Market to pick up their products for the day. In a repeat of several episodes back, they all line up and brandish their box cutters for inspection so they don't go through sopak like before. We then see a yummy montage of Tae-yang and Ki-young munching down on various fruits and vegetables (and I will never look at a strawberry in such a way ever again... RAWR!!). The lettuce ajumma crabs at them about carrying the knives around, because the other vendors are starting to call them the Cutters! Ki-young shows of some knife skills, asTae-yang brushes her off saying he likes that name. Back inside the Market, Ho-jae and Yoo-bong are picking up their supplies, and as Ho-jae pays the vendors with a huge stack of bills, the mulberry ajusshi thanks them and offers a half-shot of soju to them for working so hard in the cold. Even though it's 5:00 AM, those two still don't turn it down. LOL!

Outside the Market, the hyungs are loading the truck to head back to the Store. Yoo-bong wonders out loud if they'll be able to sell all their stock, when Tae-yang overhears his comments and orders his Fresh Men to AJA AJA AJA!! They give a hearty AJA AJA AJA right back at him and keep loading the truck. The boys head back to the Store and open for the day, sweeping and cleaning and washing windows and generally keeping busy, with Jung-ah and her assistant helping as well. They put out their produce for the day, as the two ajummas who were at the nail salon the other day walk by and say they sure have a lot of time on their hands.

Dan-bi arrives and is greeted by everyone. She is confused that she thought the Store was shut down, as Yoo-bong says no way -- you can't keep the Fresh Men away from this place!! Dan-bi reminds them that she's the Tosa's daughter and it's going to take a lot more than being confident to sell her a fruit! Yoo-bong then yells for Tae-yang to come out because Dan-bi has arrived, and she is invited in.

More generall buzzing around, as Jin-shim then arrives at the Store looking like hell. She looks inside to not see Tae-yang there, and turns to walk away. But then she looks up to see Tae-yang on the Dorm balcony, hanging up some washing. She opens her mouth as if to call out to him, but stops when she sees Dan-bi appear next to him. Dan-bi asks what he will end up doing if the Store gets shutdown, as Tae-yang tells her there's no way they're closing. He's just going to think about today and not worry about tomorrow. Dan-bi wonders if he would ask the Tosa for help, because he's really concerned about Tae-yang these days. He says nope, don't wanna -- he can't be a paind in the richard simmons to the Tosa anymore. asks why's she so concerned. Tae-yang tells her to not be concerned about him, Dan-bi says it's because she she's upset that she can't do anything for him, as she places her hand (with the ring he found in the trash) over his Fresh Men nametag. Jin-shim sees all this and walks away dejected.

Back at Tosa Central, he and Second Mom are having tea, as he asks where Dan-bi has been lately. Second Mom says that she's gone over to the Fresh Men Store because she's really worried about the boys. Tosa says that woman (meaning Crazy Mom) was their downfall, and how the hell could she have gotten to Seul-woo as well? That woman should be fearing God right about now, and Tosa says that he should get involved and say something. Second Mom tells him not to do that, since Crazy Mom has already received a punishment worse than that... to have a child die before an elder. When Tosa asks if something like that has happened to that woman, Second Mom just nods her head yes.

At Fake Dad's office, he's there telling Seul-woo that he's heard Imo has been released on bail and that he must be glad... so why is he there to see Fake Dad. Seul-woo ain't saying anything...

Back at Crazy Mom's, she enters to see Tae-in sitting there. When Crazy orders the ajumma to throw the beeyotch out, she stomps off to her room with Tae-in following. Tae-in then drops to her knees to have Crazy hear her out. Tae-in attempts to take everything back in order to save Tae-yang's Store, that everything she did was by herself and pleads for Crazy Mom to stop everything now. What happened to young Ga-on was an accident, and how much longer is she going to torment her brother? Crazy ain't having any of it and tells her that until her oppa regrets ever being born to this world.

Fake Dad is stunned to hear that Seul-woo lied to get that article printed, as Seul-woo admits he was wrong and will take any sort of punishment for it. Fake Dad asks what the reason is for him coming and confessing now? Seul-woo says that the Han Tae-yang that he knows is not someone who'll just give up because his shop is shut down. As long as Tae-yang keeps getting knocked down and gets up again, there will be a guy like him ready to beat him down one more time. Fake Dad asks if there is someone who hired Seul-woo to ruin Tae-yang? Seul-woo will tell him, but only if Fake Dad promises to intervene promptly... because if he doesn't stop that person, no one will ever be able to in the future. When Fake Dad presses him for a name, Seul-woo finally drops that it was Ga-on's mom. Fake Dad stares at Seul-woo, as he says by Crazy Mom hurting Tae-yang, she's also hurting Ga-on as well, so Fake Dad needs to put a stop to this once and for all.

Crazy Mom downs a couple pills while waiting for Fake Dad to come home. He immediately lights into her about how low is she going to go to make him sick of her? When she puts on her WTF? face, he says he's talking about what Crazy Mom has done to Tae-yang. He asks her how filthy she is going to get putting stunts like that -- are you insane? Crazy Mom tells him that she's sane, because she told Fake Dad from the beginning to get rid of him. And because he didn't, she had to take matters into her own hands. Fake Dad tells her that she knew how much Ga-on and Tae-yang like each other, and then Crazy Mom has to torment her even further when she doesn't even have a place to go? Crazy Mom then drops the bombshell that it was all Tae-yang's fault for Ga-on dying like that. It's all Fake Dad can do to hold his composure, and asks how that could be true? Crazy Mom tells him to go ask that bastard himself, because if she sees him, she will kill him herself.

Fake Dad gets a report from his assistant that the Fresh Men are still operating their Store, and what should he do? Fake Dad flashes back to the last meeting with Ga-on, where she asks Fake Dad to leave the Fresh Men alone because it's the last favor she's asking as his daughter. Another flashback to Crazy Mom saying that the reason Ga-on died was because of Tae-yang. Assistant Guy asks if he should force them out, and Fake Dad finally nods and says... do it.

Back at the Store, where an ajumma shows up and says even though she's bothered about the whole gossip situation, she still wants to shop there because the taste is so good! Tae-yang is besides himself having a customer after so long, that he throws in a free bag of oranges with her purchase... and a green onion to boot. They're happy for about a minute, as Tae-yang goes off with Ki-young to say hello to their delivery customers. Then several black-suited men arrive to shut down the Store. As they attempt to physically puil the hyungs out of the Store, they valiantly fight back with Yoo-bong getting one in a headlock and Ki-young taking two guys out with well-placed punches. Ho-jae just hides behind a rack of apples (hee!). Tae-yang then returns to the Store to see all this, and yells WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!? And that's where we end Episode 21!

EPISODE 22 PREVIEW:

Tae-yang arrives at Fake Dad's office for an explanation. Jin-shim arrives to plead with Fake Dad. As Tae-yang leaves the offices, he's stopped by Jin-shim who asks him not to go. Dan-bi arrives at a coffeeshop to see the Tosa is meeting with Fake Dad and yelling at him big time. Seul-woo and Jin-shim outside the now-closed store and is saying to her that he's not ever going to forget what good guys he's ruined. Crazy Mom has pains in the car, and we see someone being rushed into the emergency room (but I think it's Second Mom instead of Crazy Mom). Crazy Mom yelling at Fake Dad to STOP! as his whisky glass flies out of his hand and breaks on the coffee table. Fake Dad orders Crazy Mom to leave the house!! Tae-in's voiceover to Jin-shim asking her if she's okay with never seeing Tae-yang again if he leaves for good, as we watch Tae-yang walk away from Jin-shim.

Hmpf. Not sure what to make out of this Episode, but since most of it was filmed before the Horrible Accident, it does push the plot along in a different way that I was thinking it would go. How much farther can Crazy Mom go to hold onto a shred of her well-to-do life? Oh kiddies, just you wait -- she ain't done yet. And as for the Teaser Picture, I've been called on the carpet for "favoritism" in posting way too many pictures of Changwook-ssi. Guilty as charged, so as I await my punishment, enjoy a shot of these two gorgeous boys. I swear, these men are way too pretty for their own good. wub.gif

7bae4435.jpg

d6d16729.jpg

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 13:30 PM KST 29 February 2012:  Here's the first picture of Changwook-ssi, post-accident and back on the set.  I'm really mega-upset and am not gonna mince words here -- I almost threw up because I thought he looks like death warmed over, but it's mostly ash on his face from the storyline and the lighting isn't helping any either.  The scriptwriter was able to write his injuries into the storyline by putting Tae-yang into a fist-fight with one of the other characters (I know who, but I'm not going to spoil it).  Anyway, hope to have the Episode 21 recap up soon; in the meantime, I'll just be over in the corner sobbing...

Ji Chang Wook Accident Update 13:30 PM KST 29 February 2012:  Here's the first picture of Changwook-ssi, post-accident and back on the set.  I'm really mega-upset and am not gonna mince words here -- I almost threw up because he looks like death warmed over.  The scriptwriter was able to write his injuries into the storyline by putting Tae-yang into a fist-fight with one of the other characters (I know who, but I'm not going to spoil it).  Anyway, hope to have the Episode 21 recap up soon; in the meantime, I'll just be over in the corner sobbing...

blink.gif OH MY GOD, he looks so awful! Is he fit to even be back at work? This just doesn't seem right at all! I'm in shock that they'd even let him come back looking like this! sad.gif Is he really okay? And another OH MY GOD on the car picture. They were very lucky to make it out of that car. Thanks for the updates. I feel so bad for him, I can't even explain it. 

Archived