[Drama 2011] Bachelor's Vegetable Store 총각네 야채가게

cherkell

So, I guess that means crazy mom is just crazy now. They could have at least put her in an institution. They also never find out she killed the grandmother. I found it strange that fake dad went full out to find out what they were hiding from him but may no effort to find out how his daughter died and just accepted crazy mom's version.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I guess that means crazy mom is just crazy now. They could have at least put her in an institution. They also never find out she killed the grandmother. I found it strange that fake dad went full out to find out what they were hiding from him but may no effort to find out how his daughter died and just accepted crazy mom's version.

Well, kinda...

She did end up in an institution, as we saw her on the beach at the facility. It was only for her birthday that Jin-shim decided to bring her home for that day so she could feed her seaweed soup...

But I totally agree with the rest of your comment!! Usually the First Rule of Drama Writing is: NEVER introduce an intangible object nor a limited-time character in the First Act without using them as a major plot point in the Last Act!!  Those tropes just kinda trailed off into nothingness, and I'm amazed that Fake Dad even capitulated to letting Tae-yang and Jin-shim stay together (unless there was a scene between Fake Dad and Jin-shim explaining things that we never saw...).  Just sloppy writing on their part!!

For those who didn't miss an episode, what did you think of the dramas, it's characters, or the writing? [snip]

I'm going to wait a few days before adding my 200 won to this, as others who have not watched the Finale can get to do so and chime in first -- because you all know I've got some comments to add as well!!

But a big MEGA HUGE HONKIN' SHOUT OUT to semi-fly, who kept this Forum supplied with alternative viewing methods after Channel A got greedy and decided to cancel its live-streaming after only six episodes...  Sweetie, I don't know what I would have done without you, because I was not about to wait for DramaFever to get off its hinder and slooowly come around to putting up the episodes themselves.  Grateful thanks for all your hard work and dedication to The Community, not just for BVS but for the Soompi Society as a whole.  KAMSAHAMNIDA, CHINGU!!!  ♥♥♥

Guest altinneen

I just saw episode 23. Dan Bi is so pretty and sweet. I hope she finds happiness, tho clearly it's not with Tae Yang I also hope it's not with that ugly Seul Woo. There was a scene where Dan Bi came out to meet Tae Yang and go for a ride on his bike. She was wearing like pink or flesh colored pants or stockings, I couldn't really tell but for a second it was hard to tell if she was even wearing pants cause they were skin colored. But still she looked really pretty. It's weird when people wear pants so tight you can't even tell if they're wearing pants.

Two more points

How have they not sought emergent psychiatric counseling or hospitalization for Ga On's mom. SHE's CLEARLY OUT OF HER FREAKIN MIND. GENUINELY INSANE. She should have had counseling immediatley after losing the child she should have been hospitalized when she was exhibiting suicidal tendencies and homocidal intent. Get that woman on meds asap.

Also did anyone find Tae Yang a little ungrateful and annoying for not keeping his promise to the market owner and helping him in his our of need to take over that market. It really seemed mean. It's not like he couldn't have helped him out for a while and then gone his own way with more money and experience. He would have been able to help his friends out too...

Episode 23 with English subs is up:

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4082/23/Bachelor%27s_Vegetable_Store/?ap=1 

http://www.kimchidramas.net/2012/03/bachelors-vegetable-store-episode-23.html

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/bachelors-vegetable-store-episode-23/

Yea, I'm waiting to watch the final 2 episodes with subs before I give my thoughts too. If this was the first "standard KDrama" for Channel A, they're in trouble because this was NOT good. (I only stuck with it because of Cherkell's recaps and I loved the true part of the story about the boys & a veggie store - which I admit isn't all that thrilling of a story) But adding in all the fake parents and crazy moms just ruined it. There are so many other directions they could have gone to make this an entertaining true story with some fiction weaved in. dry.gif

Please help me understand the ending. How did Tae Young opened the store again. I didn't see any scene that Monkyung President allowed him to re-open the store. Also I didn't see any scene that Tae Yong was already forgiven by the President.

Thank you.

I just saw episode 23. Dan Bi is so pretty and sweet. I hope she finds happiness, tho clearly it's not with Tae Yang I also hope it's not with that ugly Seul Woo. There was a scene where Dan Bi came out to meet Tae Yang and go for a ride on his bike. She was wearing like pink or flesh colored pants or stockings, I couldn't really tell but for a second it was hard to tell if she was even wearing pants cause they were skin colored. But still she looked really pretty. It's weird when people wear pants so tight you can't even tell if they're wearing pants.

Two more points

How have they not sought emergent psychiatric counseling or hospitalization for Ga On's mom. SHE's CLEARLY OUT OF HER FREAKIN MIND. GENUINELY INSANE. She should have had counseling immediatley after losing the child she should have been hospitalized when she was exhibiting suicidal tendencies and homocidal intent. Get that woman on meds asap.

Also did anyone find Tae Yang a little ungrateful and annoying for not keeping his promise to the market owner and helping him in his our of need to take over that market. It really seemed mean. It's not like he couldn't have helped him out for a while and then gone his own way with more money and experience. He would have been able to help his friends out too...

I feel the same way too. Although, this is a blessing in disguise to the friend of Danbi who proved himself to be qualified as a reliever to his father. I guess her mother is very proud of him. He took his mistakes as lessons for his improvemt. I believe he will be getting back all the wealth that was lost.

Guest altinneen

So I saw the final episode....I have to say, that I do understand Jin Shim's parents hate of Tae Yang (of course not to the point of trying to kill him or mess up his life completely) but that they don't want Jin Shim to be with him. Even if it was an accident seeing him would be a constant reminder, and they would always have some amount of blame towards him.

Still it looks like it worked out in the end with the mother getting treatment etc.

But I don't like Jin Shim's father. How is he considered such a good father when he got married while he had a woman and a daughter already out there. That's unforgivable as far as I can tell. Had he just called them back sooner and not gotten married perhaps the whole drama wouldn't have occurred. Plus the way he just gave up on his mentally ill wife was pretty horrible.

Aside from Jin Shim's mom all the other female characters in this story were cute as hell. The pregnant girl, Dan Bi, Jin Shim, Tae In were all sweet in the end.

Also did anyone else feel that Yoo Bong's girl might just have been the prettiest girl in the whole drama? She had that innocent/angelic look about her.

Guest altinneen

Please help me understand the ending. How did Tae Young opened the store again. I didn't see any scene that Monkyung President allowed him to re-open the store. Also I didn't see any scene that Tae Yong was already forgiven by the President.

Thank you.

From what I understood they worked really hard with their truck and eventually (I think they skipped a long time period) saved up enough money to open the shop themselves.

Guest didisalma

I just finished the last ep.. for me I didn't really like how the fake father wants js to her to be separated from both TY n crazy mom that was too mean and selfish, he literally abandoned his wife who's mentally ill...harsh but..huh

I loved the picnic time, the three of them having fun like when they were little..

I feel the same with you guys who think the story would've been so much interesting if they didn't make the mom the only person to "make trouble, n cause the pain to our leads.."

anyway I loved reading your comments hope we'll meet in another great drama.

oh by the way what will aired after this in channel A? thx guys!!!

First I would like to thank Cherkell for all of the recaps that made the waiting a little less painful. I would also like to thank semi-fly, I have never been in a thread where her pics and links were not to be found so for all of your hard work and support for numerous thank you.

I disliked JS from the start, she was just a little to needy from the beginning. I never felt he feelings for TY were sincere.Crazy mom was just that crazy, even before her daughter died. The daughter didn't want to go back to the father because she knew her mother only wanted the status of being his wife.. That's why she so easily came up with the plan to pass JS off as the dead daughter, what kind of bereaved mother thinks that way.If she was such a loving and caring mother why did she wait until the middle of the night before looking for her kid that had not even returned home from school. What was she twelve? She also had no friends except TY and JS, yet she felt no responsibility. The same thing with the suicide attempt , Crazy Mom thought she had lost her golden goose, but when JS finds her and save her right away she see's a way of cashing in.

All TY did was out of jealously not pass on a note, crazy mom actually killed his grandmother, and not once did she have any remorse. In one episode they showed her having a flash back to this after she knew TY was in Seoul I think this more than her daughter was the real reason she was afraid of TY and didn't want him around.If it had became known she would have lost everything and she was to greedy to risk that. Even in the end when she had he day pass from the loony bin JS asked if she wanted to stay at home she said no because she was still sick, yea right, She knew fake dad would kick he out in a New York minute if she was well, so if she continue's to be sick she can still hold on to JS and fake dad.

I don't know if it just my western sensibilities or what but I like a sense of justice in my drama's

With all that being said does anyone know if the book is in English and what is the title?

I must say the ending was disappointing to me. It bothers me how Tae Yang and Tae In were never told of how Kang Sun was responsible for the death of their grandmother. Also, I don't get how Kang Sun pretty much lost her mind....then one day out of the blue calls Jin Shim by her name, and I presume...suddenly sees her as a daughter and not as a fake "Ga On." But then again, I get how the writers were probably given a ton of crap by viewers for focusing too much on Kang Sun and her craziness, so they decided to just write her off in an easy way.

I also overall wasn't really happy with they way Jin Shim's character developed. She kept going back to Kang Sun no matter what...it was an abusive relationship and she couldn't get out of it. She's should've just been like Im Beom and just kicked Kang Sun to the curb...but I guess the writers wanted Jin Shim to hang on to Kang Sun until she "woke up" from her delusional world. In terms of Wang Ji Hye, I think she did a decent job this time around for her first leading role, but I personally think she can do much better - the role of Jin Shim just slowly went downhill, so I look forward to seeing her as another lead in the near future.

Ji Chang Wook pretty much held his own the entire time and I'm also really looking forward to seeing more of his works. And I must mention, as crazy as she was, Hwang Shin Hye did an amazing job as Kang Sun...I was pretty convinced the entire time that this woman was seriously mentally unstable.

Overall I think this drama was alright...it had a lot of potential but I think the way the story took a turn really ended up killing that potential...and a number of plot holes were left unfilled.

This drama is nice although, the producer rush the ending in such a way that there are basic questions that remain unsolved.

1. The death of the grandmother. Tae Yang until the end did not know that the cause of her grandmother's immediate death is the wrong doing of Kang Sun. One of the unforgivable sins of Kang Sun.

2. The re-opening of the store. I did not see any scene that the Mongkyun Company allowed the Freshmen to open it.

3. I did not see any scene that the father gave his blessings to Tae Yang and Tae In to resume their relationship.

The mentally ill mother until she got insane did not change. I understand the ill feeling of his husband whom he deceived all along to get hold of him.

Thanks to everyone who shares their opinion and ideas to this drama.

Sorry guys, ep21 softsub's link points (first page) to ep20 softsub.

Many thanks

Sorry about that -- my provider gave me the wrong link.  All fixed now, but the only link I have is to a x264 (Khai) softsub (and I've posted a 720p RAW torrent link).  Give me a few moments and I'll make it all better.  As always, if you guys see any more links that are wrong and/or broken, please let me know!!

What's the name of the actress that plays Nam Yoo Bong's girl friend. I can't find her name anywhere

That's Kang Ye Sol (강예솔) as Yoon Seo-young.  She was in the 2011 MBC drama "My Princess" as the little sister to Kim Tae-hee's character.  The PD-nim really made her look so angelic in this show -- a lot of people are asking about her now, so hopefully this will be a springboard up from the bit parts she's been known to play.

With all that being said does anyone know if the book is in English and what is the title?

There is an English-translated version out there, which I picked up at my local Korean bookstore back when Changwook-ssi was rumoured to accept the lead role back in September 2011.  The title was loosely translated to "The Bachelor's Grocery Store," but I haven't been able to find another copy at that bookstore nor anywhere online anywhere since finding my copy.  I'll ask my chingus and see if they can point me in the direction of another source...

I hope to get my last thoughts up soon, but I've been laid low with a case of strep throat and haven't had the strength to do anything except sleep and cough up a lung.  I'll surface in the next day or so, but in the meantime, everyone stay healthy!!

• 3 months later...

I still haven't watch it but here's the subtitles I've recently re-synced for Khai batch: http://jumbofiles.com/4ukkvkjjep5n Enjoy!

Heard so much bad reviews but I think it specifically targets at Channel A dramas, though. I only want to watch it for Ji Chang Wook. :)

Archived