SM Global Auditions 2012

Guest starzXshinee

I want to audition... but it sucks that no one comes ever comes to Australia.. besides the ONE time JYP came, but they ONLY went to Sydney -.-

Agreed. Where about's are you in Australia? I want to audition as well, by I'm stuck here :P 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest b2stbaaby

Agreed. Where about's are you in Australia? I want to audition as well, by I'm stuck here :P 

I'm from Melbourne, where are you from? :]

Guest colorado7873

OMG so excited

lols, gotta start working hard now :P

do you know how many people, roughly, show up to the global audition in LA?

Guest starzXshinee

^^^ For JYP I think there were over 500-600 people. For Survival Auditions, I think there were around 400 on Saturday and 300 on Sunday.

Guest xxkirikuxx

you can audition for more than one catagory, right? because I wanna audition for dancing but I want to see if I'm good enough for singing too :S

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

you can audition for more than one catagory, right? because I wanna audition for dancing but I want to see if I'm good enough for singing too :S

^From my experience if the audition location is swamped with too many auditionees, sometimes the SM staff will have to make the auditionees cut their categories to one. It is because of time shortage or if the judges are tired and don't feel like judging poeple for too long.

* But I do know that you are not allowed to audition multiple times. Like if you failed dancing and forgot to audition for singing, you are not allowed to go back in line and audition again.

Guest Lao_Kid99

Looks I'm going for the SF audition.

Anyways, does anyone actually think they will allow us rappers to audition? o_o' I mean, sure, I can sing, but my strong point is in rapping -_-' bummer. And anyone can register now right?? I'm a bit confused xD

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Looks I'm going for the SF audition.

Anyways, does anyone actually think they will allow us rappers to audition? o_o' I mean, sure, I can sing, but my strong point is in rapping -_-' bummer. And anyone can register now right?? I'm a bit confused xD

Yeah you can register now.

Guest krystaliu

I'm so happy that they're having an audition in Chicago. XD

Like, the last time was in... 2007? OTL So I totally thought I would have to wait... like, 5 years to try auditioning. >_>

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^ Thank you! Also, what do they mean by website in the audition application?? like.........facebook?

^ Yeah they mean like facebook, myspace, soundcloud, Cyworld etc. I wouldn't recommend posting up your Facebook or myspace pages, unless your page is promoting you talents like singing or dancing in it.

^

hey angela LOL :D

(i think that's your name)

long time no see !!

i thought i was dreaming when i saw the audition thing, lol.

they didnt come to canada for 2 years, so im really ready now.

of course, im not as ambitious as i was 2-4 years ago... i already set my goal as becoming an animal biologist/veterinarian.

ive just been dying to sing in front of an audience other than my laptop and show them what i've got.

and who knows what will happen ;D

SM GLOBAL AUDITIONS TORONTO WOOOOOOT

im going to wait a while before i register because i dont like being one of the early auditoners. my voice is best after 5pm, so i don't mind if i stay for a long time. i'd actually rather be one of the last ones, so im gonna register later :)

and lol @ the requirements: "anyone"

they didn't post the audition venue/location yet... im nervous. hopefully it isn't too far o-o

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

hey angela LOL :D

(i think that's your name)

long time no see !!

i thought i was dreaming when i saw the audition thing, lol.

they didnt come to canada for 2 years, so im really ready now.

of course, im not as ambitious as i was 2-4 years ago... i already set my goal as becoming an animal biologist/veterinarian.

ive just been dying to sing in front of an audience other than my laptop and show them what i've got.

and who knows what will happen ;D

SM GLOBAL AUDITIONS TORONTO WOOOOOOT

im going to wait a while before i register because i dont like being one of the early auditoners. my voice is best after 5pm, so i don't mind if i stay for a long time. i'd actually rather be one of the last ones, so im gonna register later :)

and lol @ the requirements: "anyone"

they didn't post the audition venue/location yet... im nervous. hopefully it isn't too far o-o

^ hey Anthony ^_^

Good luck in your audition too. Also their is no such thing as a voice being better at a certain time lol. If anything do vocal excercises and warmups to losses up your voice.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

So does anyone know what songs are picked for dancing??

^ Not yet... No one knows until somebody posts up their experiences AFTER they audition. Two years ago people posted up that SM played the song Rihanna's Disturbia for their rythm test. But then again two years ago dancers were also allowed to dance to their own music and prepared choreography at the 2009 USA Global Auditions. Just cross your fingers that they will play songs in some kind of formulatic pattern within every group of auditionees, so that you can dance to the right beat.

can we register online for an audition near our country even though we are not actually there?

like if i live in asia, but can i register for the seoul one?

because the registering part includes sending a video too right? so they will give you a time slot if they like you?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

can we register online for an audition near our country even though we are not actually there?

like if i live in asia, but can i register for the seoul one?

because the registering part includes sending a video too right? so they will give you a time slot if they like you?

^ The only way you can audition like that is through their YouTube audition which is not even connected to the Global Auditions at all. For the email registration they only asked for you to include your profile stats and a picture file to be attached to the email. They did not specify to attach a video to the email registration.

For the YouTube audition if you decide to audition through their and somehow they like you, SM Entertainment will still ask you to come down to their designated area at their Global Audition that is closest to you. And from personal experience you still have to wait with the other auditionees even if they personally invited you to audition live. They won't give you a higher advantage nor a free pass to cut in line because they picked you from their YouTube audition. And NO: they won't give you a specific schedule time to get their. It's a first come first serve type of audition, so they will ask you to come as soon as the audition starts, which will probably start around 10 AM but people usually starts to get in line a lot earlier like around 7 am so they can audition first so I recommend getting to the audition area early.

Guest Lao_Kid99

^ Yeah they mean like facebook, myspace, soundcloud, Cyworld etc. I wouldn't recommend posting up your Facebook or myspace pages your page is promoting you talents like singing or dancing in it.

darn, should i just put "n/a" because if im going as a singer, wouldn't be weird that they find like rap songs lol.

Archived