Guest farstrep

@jasy: Sorry for the delay in my caps. :( Good night and sweet dreams too!

Did anyone notice the portrait in the hallway? What kind of a pose is that? Apparently, DH isn't the only character with a huge NPD!

oddpose100_zps497a3f0a.jpg

These two can almost pass off as brothers!! Heh. Why don't you kiss and make up instead? So we can skip right to the fight between the masked man and Kenshin?

brothers101_zps99714229.jpg

Yea, well... hmm. I didn't know one can do a time-out to feast on food and wine. When Sanosuke offers the chicken to his opponent, he confesses to being a vegetarian, sighs and even observes a second of silence for the pitiful carcass. Oh! Oh! :)) I'm so torn between laughing at the absurdity of the scene and actually crying for the cooked animal that has now found its way to Sanosuke's stomach. :D

fighteatfight102_zpsbd004f7d.jpg

Did Sanosuke just do his famous move - Sagara Suplex? Lovely overhead shot in the second picture, by the way.

sagarasuplex_zps6f25c750.jpg

lovelyoverhead_zpsc1fa0214.jpg

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farstrep

@sia3: HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :)) :))

Kenshin's fight with the masked man. This is one of the rare times I wish I were an expert on these moves so that I could more than wax lyrical on their awesome fighting scenes. :(

fightwithmasked910_zpsf7382464.jpg

kenshinagainstmaskedguy_zps963ffa44.jpg

Is it wise to leave these enemies alive? Won't they come after Kenshin for revenge after they've recovered?

endoffight104_zpsc422fd9f.jpg

Guest farstrep

Holy cow! That's one big Gatling gun! Kanryu looks absolutely manical, shooting round after round of bullets at Sanosuke and Kenshin. How the heck does Sanosuke dodge those bullets anyway? Is he famed for his speed as well?

gatlinggun125_zps6464c820.jpg

Note Kenshin's reverse somersault! So. Cool. I swear I didn't do anything to the first picture but it totally resembles a work of art.

runningawa_zps68810c73.jpg

minireversesomersault11_zpsc4bac43f.jpg

Yes, Kanryu is finally taken down! \m/ Nothing to feel sad about. Let's move on.

kanryuatknifepoint_zps7d63aaf4.jpg

Goro and his famous sword stance. I'm disappointed that his character is not developed more in this movie. He's also a very interesting character and echoes a phrase we should be very familiar with by now - live by the sword, die by the sword.

rurounimov12_zps937051f8.jpg

Guest farstrep

@everyone is watching live? I don't see comments except for sia3's?

Yes, Megumi is saved! :) No, Kaoru is abducted!!!! :( I can almost imagine Kenshin's life for the later part of his life, busy saving the Megumi and losing Kaoru, then saving Kaoru and losing Megumi and the cycle repeats itself til the day he dies. Sigh!

megumifreed476_zps94d26d51.jpg

On another note, why is Kaoru looking so lethargic? Where's the tough feisty girl I met early on in the movie? She's becoming more like a doormat as the movie progresses. Noooooooooooo!!!!!

kaoruj_zps58e6257a.jpg

Guest farstrep

@vangsweetie637: We're 3/4 into the movie. It's not too late. Join us. :)

EDIT: @vangsweetie637: The scene with the guy refusing to die and Kenshin getting his first scar is a flashback.

@myphim: The papers do add to the scene in an odd sort of way. Almost like big clumps of snow? :P

@vangsweetie637
Hi sweetie! Yes, that's how Kenshin got his first scar.
The second scar was by that dead guy's fiancee Tomoke.

@myphim
Yes, I am sure that's him. :))
He's actually acted in a lot of drama and the one I have watched numerous times are Nodame Cantabile so it would be difficult not to recognise him. :))

Edit:
But it is weird Rurouni Kenshin is not in the list! I'll wikipedia on it again!

@farstrep: LOL I would love to but my computer is lagging on me :)) When I scroll down to see the gifs, it like pauses as if it's watching too =)) If I reply slow or stopped replying, it's probably because my computer lagged on me too much or I fell asleep :))
EDIT:
Hi @sia3 @myphim: :-h
I really enjoy this movie. To me, since I am only familiar with the character Kenshin and his anime looks but nothing else, I have to say to watch a live version like this is really good. Although, I wished they could have developed a bit more on the romance side. I mean, I understand Kaoru is supposed to be Kenshin's love partner but I didn't sense this at all from the movie. Also, I heard this movie is set for a sequel of 3 parts. Is this true?

Archived