[Drama 2011] Can't Lose 지고는 못살아

Felicia Soh

Guest dramalover

Wow,lovely couple. :wub: :wub: .looks good together..

Love the gown and some happy couple pics

but it seems the marriage is ending as soon as the

honeymoon is over..phew..can't wait for the showing..

wow wow wow what a beautiful couple, our hyuniwoo

eee how i wish to be the one wearing the heels of CJW and marrying my Sang Hyun Oppa!  :wub:

thank you so much anni for sharing these wonderful pictures.

fel, thanks for this "teaser overview" of that hangul article. ooohhh please anybody, ko-en translation....

Fel, to add to that tidbit of info about CL, let me share this "synopsis" and character description of the original Japanese version (2008) of Can' Lose, I will need to find the Japanese title and add it here later in Japanese pronounced as    'Sasaki Fusai No Jingi Naki Tatakai'  (another trivia from Julee)

these info were shared by Shandy (see comments section)  in Julee's blog about Yoon Sang Hyun. please drop by and take a look about Sang Hyun at juleecwk.wordpress.com

Luzi (wife) : strong-minded & indomitable pretty lawyer but

unmindful of trivial matters,  petty muddled-

headed, imperfect as a wife  being an idiot of

house chores

Farron (husband) : a scrupulous, thrifty, has a strong sense

of righteousness & excellent  lawyer.

His mysophobia causes him to be grumbling(?)

He’s good at doing house chores (unbelievable)

Both frustrated in luv & fellow sufferers commiserate with each

other lead to sparkling off a true luv, & followed by a lightning

wed. They pool effort in operating a lawyer firm. But thing turns

out to be squaring a circle, the excellent co-partner might be the

worst life partner. They’re perfect couple in the eyes of many,

when both live under the same roof, their true colors come to light.

After married, Farron discovers Luzi a slovenly & untidy  wife.

She doesnt even matter to be hoarded with scrap heaps,

(what a poor lady) not even mention she’ll carry out any household

duties. Farron’s forced to shoulder the responsibility  of house

chores & his tolerance’s been thrust to the breaking point, her

many virtues & strong points die down gradually. Premarital pledge

has become an empty promise. Once bickering takes place, what

they want is juz divorce but nothing else.

Their common traits of holding hostile attitude towards each other

come fr kakorrhaphiaphobia ( fear of losing). Since both are

lawyers, their verbal battle at court is an inevitable tit for tat,

unfolding the most witted stratagems to outwit  each other !

( Aha, here’s the centrestage of scene, but are they still luving

each other ? )

what do you think guys?  ;)

Guest Yang_EunBi

Fel, to add to that tidbit of info about CL, let me share this "synopsis" and character description of the original Japanese version (2008) of Can' Lose, I will need to find the Japanese title and add it here later in Japanese pronounced as    'Sasaki Fusai No Jingi Naki Tatakai'  (another trivia from Julee)

these info were shared by Shandy (see comments section)  in Julee's blog about Yoon Sang Hyun. please drop by and take a look about Sang Hyun at juleecwk.wordpress.com

Luzi (wife) : strong-minded & indomitable pretty lawyer but

unmindful of trivial matters,  petty muddled-

headed, imperfect as a wife  being an idiot of

house chores

Farron (husband) : a scrupulous, thrifty, has a strong sense

of righteousness & excellent  lawyer.

His mysophobia causes him to be grumbling(?)

He’s good at doing house chores (unbelievable)

Both frustrated in luv & fellow sufferers commiserate with each

other lead to sparkling off a true luv, & followed by a lightning

wed. They pool effort in operating a lawyer firm. But thing turns

out to be squaring a circle, the excellent co-partner might be the

worst life partner. They’re perfect couple in the eyes of many,

when both live under the same roof, their true colors come to light.

After married, Farron discovers Luzi a slovenly & untidy  wife.

She doesnt even matter to be hoarded with scrap heaps,

(what a poor lady) not even mention she’ll carry out any household

duties. Farron’s forced to shoulder the responsibility  of house

chores & his tolerance’s been thrust to the breaking point, her

many virtues & strong points die down gradually. Premarital pledge

has become an empty promise. Once bickering takes place, what

they want is juz divorce but nothing else.

Their common traits of holding hostile attitude towards each other

come fr kakorrhaphiaphobia ( fear of losing). Since both are

lawyers, their verbal battle at court is an inevitable tit for tat,

unfolding the most witted stratagems to outwit  each other !

( Aha, here’s the centrestage of scene, but are they still luving

each other ? )

what do you think guys?  ;)

awesome plot! i just wish they will still end up together despite the quarrels! :lol:

awesome plot! i just wish they will still end up together despite the quarrels!  :lol:

and fall deeply in love with each other more than the first time around.

i am not familiar with this PD and writer partnership but i hope they will do the bickering lightly but elegantly, fitting for  lawyers

Guest Yang_EunBi

and fall deeply in love with each other more than the first time around.

i am not familiar with this PD and writer partnership but i hope they will do the bickering lightly but elegantly, fitting for  lawyers

Yea. I have never seen Ji Woo-hime in a romantic comedy drama. All of her roles in dramas required her to cry pail of tears :lol:

That's why I'm so excited for this. It's very refreshing to see her in this kind of role. I wonder how she'll make us laugh and fall in love with her character as Eun Jae. ^_^

Thanks again jeezvivefor sharing the plot! ^_^ ^_^

@iHeartcherry21

MBC Releases First Stills of Yoon Sang Hyun and Choi Ji Woo in Can’t Lose

(from ockoala's playground)

cl6.jpg

The upcoming MBC Wed-Thurs drama Can’t Lose is something I’ve been keeping my eyes on, ever since it was announced that Yoon Sang Hyun was playing the lead opposite Choi Ji Woo.  I’m fine with the latter in the right roles, but the former is someone I  absolutely adore. Ever since his breakout performance in Queen of Housewives (still swooning over Tae Bong I am), I’ve loved the guy, even in My Fair Lady and Secret Garden when neither drama floated my boat.

I think this pairing is absolutely unexpected but totally intriguing  to me. I’m not sure any pairing with Choi Ji Woo can top the insane  chemistry she had with Yoo Ji Tae in A Star’s Lover,  but I think the sparks will fly between her and Yoon Sang Hyun playing a  married lawyer couple in the process of getting a divorce. The first  stills from the drama are out, and I just felt my interest go from  curious to woah-baby-come-to-mama-drama.

cl2.jpg

cl1.jpg

All I’m going to say is that if the chemistry between Yoon Sang Hyun and  Choi Ji Woo is off-the-charts, much like it was between Kim Jung Eun and Kim Seung Soo‘s divorcing couple in I Am Legend,  then the drama simply has to let the divorcing couple work through  their issues. I can’t handle another IAL level disappointment.

cl4.jpg

cl5.jpg

cl3.jpg

Based simply on these first stills, I’d place my bet on the Yoon Sang  Hyun-Choi Ji Woo pairing to be a giant win. Can’t Lose may just live up  to it’s name. Because otherwise it’d be a horrible pun just waiting for  the media and bloggers to dig into it. Can’t Lose will follow Heartstrings and premiere at the end of August.

[Credit: all pictures from Baidu Can't Lose bar]

Hi All Chingu....

More Articles from Yesterday Pics ka...

Still-cuts of Choi Ji Woo and Yoon Sang Hyun in upcoming drama, ‘Can’t Lose’, revealed

from allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/07/still-cuts-of-choi-ji-woo-and-yoon-sang-hyun-in-upcoming-drama-cant-lose-revealed

and

Added new stills for the upcoming Korean drama "Can't Lose"

from Hancinema

http://www.hancinema.net/added-new-stills-for-the-upcoming-korean-drama-can-t-lose-31821.html

and

Choi Ji Woo and Yoon Sang Hyun's Wedding Pictorial Arouse Curiosity

from soompi

http://www.soompi.com/news/choi-ji-woo-and-yoon-sang-hyun-arouse-curiosity-with-photos-of-their-new-drama

Enjoy reading good comments from public ka !!! :wub: :wub:

photo185520.jpg

I love this pix Jiwoo is lovely...

Choi Ji Woo and Yoon Sang Hyun's Wedding Pictorial Arouse Curiosity

f680f00c2bc0a740b371fdc5643a556f_large.jpg

Photos of Yoon Sang Hyun and Choi Ji Woo have their fans waiting anxiously for the release of their new drama together, “Can’t Live With Losing.” Lee Kim Production Company released the photos to promote the new drama, which will be airing during “Heartstrings” timeslot, beginning August 24th.

MBC’s “Can’t Live With Losing” features two lawyers whom decide to undergo a divorce, along with the heartwarming events they encounter during the process.

The actor and actress showed a variety of poses and expressions in the photos, arousing the curiosity of fans wondering what the drama will be about.

Choi Ji Woo looked especially innocent dressed in a strapless, white wedding gown, with netizens commenting on her goddess-like beauty. Known for her roles as Cinderella type character, her portrayal of the confident lawyer Eun Jae is much anticipated.

Yoon Sang Hyun, known best known for his role in “Secret Garden” was cast as the husband to Eun Jae.

fb16b9308094f1e842e8103f2f1374d1_large.jpg

Translated news posted by AetherealArmour@Soompi

Source: Nate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone ~~ nice to see you here wrblee chingu!

Thanks a lot jeezvive for constantly sharing resources from other sites - joongmal gamsahamnida. I am also a huge jdorama fan but unfortunately I did not watch "Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai" or known as "The Sasaki Couple's Merciless Battle". From what I read, the storyline is similar to CLWL (btw, I have changed the title as "Can't Live With Losing' which make more sense, right?). :rolleyes:

The story is about Sasaki Norimichi played by Inagaki Goro and his wife Ritsuko (played by Koyuki) are two lawyers with opposite personalities, who've been married for three years. However, their completely opposite personalities result in heated quarrels that lead them to the courtroom to settle a possible divorce, with the two representing themselves in an amusing legal battlefield. It was a TBS production with 10 episodes and the average rating was 10.9% (oops...the rating is so-so as generally high-rating drama can reach as high as 20% and above) and they classified the drama as "comedy legal romance" which is a precise genre. :P To be honest, I am not hoping Ms Lee (the scriptwriter) to copy A to Z of the Japanese version - I hope to see different plot and sub-plot as compared to the original plot. :sweatingbullets:

I wish I can continue to hype more on "hyuniwoo" couple but simply can't - just thought of sneaking in here for a while but ending up yakking so much.

Again, thanks everyone for all the hard work and welcome all new hyuniwoo lovers on board. :wub:

Ooops...I just found out that [b]Ching (sorry dear, mistaken identity - it should be "anni") has directed viewers to read the article at the main site - hope re-posting it here is permissible. Thanks chingu.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone ~~ nice to see you here wrblee chingu!

Thanks a lot jeezvive for constantly sharing resources from other sites - joongmal gamsahamnida.  I am also a huge jdorama fan but unfortunately I did not watch "Sasaki Fusai no Jingi Naki Tatakai" or known as "The Sasaki Couple's Merciless Battle".  From what I read, the storyline is similar to CLWL (btw, I have changed the title as "Can't Live With Losing' which make more sense, right?).   :rolleyes:

The story is about Sasaki Norimichi played by Inagaki Goro and his wife Ritsuko (played by Koyuki) are two lawyers with opposite personalities, who've been married for three years. However, their completely opposite personalities result in heated quarrels that lead them to the courtroom to settle a possible divorce, with the two representing themselves in an amusing legal battlefield.  It was a TBS production with 10 episodes and the average rating was 10.9% (oops...the rating is so-so as generally high-rating drama can reach as high as 20% and above) and they classified the drama as "comedy legal romance" which is a precise genre.  :P To be honest, I am not hoping Ms Lee (the scriptwriter) to copy A to Z of the Japanese version - I hope to see different plot and sub-plot as compared to the original plot.   :sweatingbullets:

I wish I can continue to hype more on "hyuniwoo" couple but simply can't - just thought of sneaking in here for a while but ending up yakking so much.  

Again, thanks everyone for all the hard work and welcome all new hyuniwoo lovers on board. :wub:

Ooops...I just found out that Ching has directed viewers to read the article at the main site - hope re-posting it here is permissible. Thanks chingu.

Thanks Fel for sharing this Jdrama plot.

When reading Shandy's character description, we, fans of YSH, cant help but notice the similarities of Hyung Woo (based on Jdrama version) and YSH.

He loves doing household chores as well, and a perfectionist in thing he does.

How about CJW and Eun Jae, any similarities too?  :D

ANd no need to thank me much much, heehee im happy to share info here about YSH :wub: if you will accept him  *wink wink*

And me too hopes that our CLWL writer will make this adaptation a true Korean drama (if you know what I mean) without the love-sacrificing-idiot theme though!

10% viewer rating is kinda low for korean standards, but with the wonderful pairing of YSH and CJW, i hope a lot of korean and foreign fans will love CLWL

Guest AllforCJW

Finally..Lady Choi Ji Woo is back!! I have high anticipation for her drama with none other than the king of comedy: Yoon Sang Hyun. I hope that regardless of the ratings, the writer will keep it "rom-com". Do you remember that A Star's Lover started light and funny but due to the low ratings, they made her weep, hoping to improve the ratings?LOL If the drama is truly an adaptation of Sasaki Fusai No Jingi Naki Tatakai' , then it's crucial that the script writing/dialogue is witty and tight. Because they both are lawyers, their couple arguments should be witty, sharp, and convincing: something like in Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore's Laws of Attraction.

I watched a few episodes of Sasaki Fusai No Jingi Naki Tatakai', to be honest, I wasn't too crazy with this J-drama. So, I hope that the adaptation wouldn't be 100%. I do like the female character in Sasaki Fusai No Jingi Naki Tatakai', she's pretty crazy LOL.

Ji Woo's character hopefully is not perfect, poised, and feminine like in A Star's Lover. Rather, I want to see her character to be a little rough on the edges, clumsy, ditsy, impatient but with a big heart. If there's anything in common between CJW and her CL character is that they both can't cook. haha Ji Woo admitted before that she was busy that she almost never had time to cook and she forgot how to make even a simple Korean dish:-)

Love her wedding dress, and YSH looks mighty handsome himself. CJW has worn many wedding dresses, this one is close to my ideal wedding gown I'd like to see her wearing in her real life wedding. My number #1 wedding dress for her is the one she wore in WLS Anime (with BYJ). I believe this will be her first time acting as a "married woman". it's quite lovely seeing a ring on her taken finger!

*wave hi* to old chingus: Felicia, Wrlbee, Anni, Dramalover, Hyc, and to new comers and YSH fans.

Thank you Angela for the teaser MV's, so beautiful especially with the "here I am" song in the background.

Dear Fel...your new Avatar is so lovely ka !!! :wub: :wub:

Well, anni, you see I need to break up with Yutaka-san (gomen neh) in order to welcome hyuniwoo!! :w00t:

Thanks Fel for sharing this Jdrama plot.

When reading Shandy's character description, we, fans of YSH, cant help but notice the similarities of Hyung Woo (based on Jdrama version) and YSH.

He loves doing household chores as well, and a perfectionist in thing he does.

How about CJW and Eun Jae, any similarities too?  :D

ANd no need to thank me much much, heehee im happy to share info here about YSH :wub: if you will accept him  *wink wink*

And me too hopes that our CLWL writer will make this adaptation a true Korean drama (if you know what I mean) without the love-sacrificing-idiot theme though!

10% viewer rating is kinda low for korean standards, but with the wonderful pairing of YSH and CJW, i hope a lot of korean and foreign fans will love CLWL

OK...I'll try to cut out the formalities - but even if I do so, please remember you (and to everyone else here) are always appreciated for dropping by (to all dear soompiers, guests and anonymous readers too)!! Err....do I sound like someone beating-drum to sell traditional medicine on the road side? (aish...so hard-up for drama-seeking-attention!?!?). LOL5.gif

I don’t think I’ve seen JW in a similar role as Eun-jae but the closest I can compare her with is probably the off-screen JW whom we were so touched with her real personality (as in reference to 1D2N variety show) - she was funny, captivating and down-to-earth. In all honesty, fans of JW are highly anticipating her new role as a confident lawyer (not banking so much focus on her acting in the courtroom but more on her fighting-chemistry with Hyung-woo). Oh, this is just my personal opinion and I personally like YSH as JW new on-screen lover/hubby!! :wub:

I am really digging the wedding gown and the overall bridal look – think the stylist did a great job in not over-dressing her and my drama-instinct tells me that Eun-jae is the type of person who is more comfortable in looking casual and carefree!! We've seen her mostly in her hallyu-star look, so it's a welcoming change if she is donning less blink-blink look :w00t:

Even before the official teaser is out, I am almost certain that this is the best script-role JW has picked up – like you said, jeezvive, we really don’t need a half-way-break script that will focus on a mellow side to bring them back together but at the same time, I don’t think it’s wise to see them in quarreling-mode all the time. Hahaha….maybe some of you can’t stand teary script but then without a drop of tear, it won’t live up to K-drama standard – hence, I think it’s acceptable if they produce tears where necessary. awwman.gif You know sometimes you think you can control tears but start to lose it, the body letting you down by producing tears when you are just angry – something along this kind of scenario.

It will be fun if they make them bicker-then-make-up and then due to some misunderstanding they are back as angry-couple, hopefully not confrontational all the time (naturally, they had to fight again as both can’t stand losing, just like the drama title, they can’t live without losing). When they are not fighting, I hope Ms Lee will satisfy us with lots of romantic and passionate scenes. At the end, despite going through a rowdy battle in and out of the court, they found out they can’t live without each other ~~ and they live happily ever after even though at times as angry-couple – THE END!! Simple as that ….hehehe!!

Fan made MV by Angela of www.ysh-0921.com dedicated to the our hyuniwoo couple

http://www.tudou.com...ew/QuR3kPKjza8/

Can't Live With Losing cum City Hunter 14 seconds teaser   :D

That's one cool sharing of a fan-made MV and I think the teaser is also fan-made - the last picture chosen was one of her latest pictures taken during the brief-shooting scene of the Japanese drama, "Fuyu no Sakura". :D

Finally..Lady Choi Ji Woo is back!! I have high anticipation for her drama with none other than the king of comedy: Yoon Sang Hyun. I hope that regardless of the ratings, the writer will keep it "rom-com". Do you remember that A Star's Lover started light and funny but due to the low ratings, they made her weep, hoping to improve the ratings?LOL If the drama is truly an adaptation of Sasaki Fusai No Jingi Naki Tatakai' , then it's crucial that the script writing/dialogue is witty and tight. Because they both are lawyers, their couple arguments should be witty, sharp, and convincing: something like in Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore's Laws of Attraction.

I watched a few episodes of Sasaki Fusai No Jingi Naki Tatakai', to be honest, I wasn't too crazy with this J-drama. So, I hope that the adaptation wouldn't be 100%. I do like the female character in Sasaki Fusai No Jingi Naki Tatakai', she's pretty crazy LOL.

Ji Woo's character hopefully is not perfect, poised, and feminine like in A Star's Lover. Rather, I want to see her character to be a little rough on the edges, clumsy, ditsy, impatient but with a big heart. If there's anything in common between CJW and her CL character is that they both can't cook. haha Ji Woo admitted before that she was busy that she almost never had time to cook and she forgot how to make even a simple Korean dish:-)

Love her wedding dress, and YSH looks mighty handsome himself. CJW has worn many wedding dresses, this one is close to my ideal wedding gown I'd like to see her wearing in her real life wedding. My number #1 wedding dress for her is the one she wore in WLS Anime (with BYJ). I believe this will be her first time acting as a "married woman". it's quite lovely seeing a ring on her taken finger!

*wave hi* to old chingus: Felicia, Wrlbee, Anni, Dramalover, Hyc, and to new comers and YSH fans.

Thank you Angela for the teaser MV's, so beautiful especially with the "here I am" song in the background.

wave.gif nice to see you here AllforCJW – glad that you are back and enjoyed reading your comments.

Let us hope the production team won’t consider CJW as the biggest melodrama-bet in achieving high ratings as it has been proven that JW cannot fight the rating-god alone! I won’t forgive the production team if they dare to change the comedic thematic into teary plot – I don’t mind if they tap on her emotional feelings but it must be subtle. Just like in reality, sometimes we shed a few tears, not so much because we felt sad, what we felt could be something much deeper and emptier than sad, but because tears seemed appropriate (think I said this line before). :rolleyes:

Sorry to cut your post dear and I just noticed you highlighted the "married woman" part which I have overlooked earlier. ;)

In the suspense and thriller movie, The Hole aka Olgami, CJW played a married woman and was married to Park Yong-woo’s character. And in some of her other dramas, later in the storyline she married the male lead, so technically she has portrayed wifey roles before but not as in this role whom I believe she will start off as yeobo to Hyung-woo ssi. :D

Guest ellabel

Casting YSH as Jiwoo's new leading man is a pleasant surprise and i think a very good choice.

Why did I forget him when we were speculating on who will be CJW's new small screen partner?

I like YSH in Queen of Housewives and love him in My Fair Lady and Secret Garden.

If it is a romcom then he is a good choice tho he can be a little bit over board in comedy scenes yet can tone down when it comes to dramatic ones.

A straight thru romcom for Jiwoo is a welcome change. I have no doubts that she can pull it off easily. She can be cute, natural, carefree and animated as we've seen in her guesting in 1D2N.

From the teasers, anyone can see that they make a handsome couple. And knowing CJW's ability to always complement her leading man, i think this pairing is brilliant. Can't wait to watch the first episode.

Thanks Felicia dear for starting the thread. Nice to see old chingus here...anni, dramalover, lee, and most esp. my sis, Ching. Thanks much to all who contribute to this thread esp. jeezvive.

Guest ellabel

Sorry to cut your post dear and I just noticed you highlighted the "married woman" part which I have overlooked earlier. ;)

In the suspense and thriller movie, The Hole aka Olgami, CJW played a married woman and was married to Park Yong-woo’s character. And in some of her other dramas, later in the storyline she married the male lead, so technically she has portrayed wifey roles before but not as in this role whom I believe she will start off as yeobo to Hyung-woo ssi. :D

You are correct, Fel chingu. CJW played wife in Olgami and she got married and was the yeobo of Min chul (LBH) in Beautiful Days, Song joo (KSW) in Stairway to Heaven and even to Chul soo in Star Lover. She just didn't start off as the wife right away.

Actually, this is not really the first romcom drama of CJW.... I think The Duke with Kim Seung woo can be considered a romcom and Everybody has a secret is definitely a sekshi romcom movie. Btw, isnt that drama, 101 Proposal with a Chinese old guy a romcom also? I just didnt watch 101 Proposal but I think it can be considered a romcom.

Guest AllforCJW

You are right, Felicia CJW had played a married woman before but her "married" part wasn't the major plot. It was presented as the natural phase of life , ie. after dating for a while then you are married. In this drama, the primary focus will be on their relationship as a "married couple" and their fights probably would involve things that are married people care about: house responsibilities, finances, sex, kids (trying to get pregnant), or just a simple daily interactions of two people living together who often have conflicts due to their different habits and preferences. Their relationship reminds me of one in old U.S TV show's Mad About You (except in this show the couple wasn't going through a divorce). Similar to Can't Lose, the pilot of Mad About You started as a newly married couple ~ 1 year into their marriage where honeymoon is over and reality is finally here. I loved the couple "fight" issues and dialogues in Mad About you, especially in the early seasons. How the show presented the fights that are simple yet are not so simple if you are married was brilliant. I think Can't Lose team should look at this show as a reference. Like many of you have pointed out, the success of this new drama hinges upon the smart witty dialogue and script writing. Sorry If I am a little off topic.

My thoughts on this pairing:

Yes..YSH was a surprise for me, didn't think of him at all when she announced her come back. It appears that the CJW-YSH partnership is a win-win strategic decision that can bring about good to their careers, if successfully executed.

YSH has been pursuing the Japanese market in the last year or so and he is becoming popular in Japan thanks to SeaGa, his Japan fan meeting, CDs, etc. Who would be a better partner for him than a senior actress that has established her presence as a hime in Japan since 2004. In fact, recent news by tvN revealed the top 5 stars in Japan based on income , to which CJW ranked #5 next to the other 4 k-pop group idols (except JGS).

The benefits are mutual. CJW - Since A Star's Lover in 2008, she had been staying low until her recent 1N2D appearance. By no means she has been inactive because she's still as busy as ever with her CFs and philanthropic initiatives. Even though A Star's Lover did ok in Japan, it wasn't warmly received in Korea. I partly blamed the low ratings on the plot and lack of promotions. Prior to 1N2D, She almost never appeared in a variety show and she often avoided interviews. Thus, out of sight out of mind:-) it is such a prudent decision for JW to want to be partnered with a rising star both in his homeland and Japan: YSH. The heat of Secret Garden is still going strong.

I read that a poster here asked whether JW appearance in 1N2D lead to her cast in Can't Lose. Maybe, but I think that the decision to be in the drama was already made prior to 1N2D. Her appearance in 1N2D , a high ratings show, was a PR move to bring viewers to her new drama. Even if you don't have a project, it's still such a good opportunity to be cast in 1N2D. The day she announced her comeback, the leading man was already cast. They were going to reveal the leading man the next day but for whatever reason it was slightly postponed. At that point, It was just a matter of PR strategy as to who would announce it first and CJW did followed by YSH. I read somewhere that in Korea generally a male actor gets to announce it first, followed by the leading lady. Not sure how credible this is though but yeay..that seems to be the pattern.

Let's hope that their mutual symbiosis partnership can be materialized in Can't Live With Losing as Mr. and Mrs. Ok I should stop writing now:-)

Archived