[Drama 2011] Can't Lose 지고는 못살아

Felicia Soh

Guest benzene

Fan made MV by Angela of www.ysh-0921.com dedicated to the our hyuniwoo couple

@youtube

Uploaded by ShanYSH0921

made by Angela www.ysh-0921.com

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Oppa Oppa

You are correct, Fel chingu. CJW played wife in Olgami and she got married and was the yeobo of Min chul (LBH) in Beautiful Days, Song joo (KSW) in Stairway to Heaven and even to Chul soo in Star Lover. She just didn't start off as the wife right away.

Actually, this is not really the first romcom drama of CJW.... I think The Duke with Kim Seung woo can be considered a romcom and Everybody has a secret is definitely a sekshi romcom movie. Btw, isnt that drama, 101 Proposal with a Chinese old guy a romcom also? I just didnt watch 101 Proposal but I think it can be considered a romcom.

What a pleasant surprise to see you here Ella chingu! :D

Ella, I think "The Duke" and "101st Proposal" is more of a “romance drama” and Ji-woo’s first appearance in the Chinese drama was at the church (I think) where her wedding is supposed to be held but she ended up as single because her supposedly hubby-to-be died on his way to the wedding. I think most of JW fans were rooting her with hunky Jerry Huang but unfortunately Uncle Sun Xing won the battle. Sorry, I am not a fan of this drama and it was boring and dra-g-g-ging and I never even bothered to complete it! <_<

EHAS is highly recommended for those who have yet to experience JW in rom-com – you can identify the contrast of her roles from STH (100% weepy) to EHAS (100% romantic-and-sexual). Right after the wrapping up Stairway to Heaven, she joined the cast of EHAS. The Romantic President is another rom-com movie that is worth a try. :)

You are right, Felicia CJW had played a married woman before but her "married" part wasn't the major plot. It was presented as the natural phase of life , ie. after dating for a while then you are married. In this drama, the primary focus will be on their relationship as a "married couple" and their fights probably would involve things that are married people care about: house responsibilities, finances, sex, kids (trying to get pregnant), or just a simple daily interactions of two people living together who often have conflicts due to their different habits and preferences. Their relationship reminds me of one in old U.S TV show's Mad About You (except in this show the couple wasn't going through a divorce). Similar to Can't Lose, the pilot of Mad About You started as a newly married couple ~ 1 year into their marriage where honeymoon is over and reality is finally here. I loved the couple "fight" issues and dialogues in Mad About you, especially in the early seasons. How the show presented the fights that are simple yet are not so simple if you are married was brilliant. I think Can't Lose team should look at this show as a reference. Like many of you have pointed out, the success of this new drama hinges upon the smart witty dialogue and script writing. Sorry If I am a little off topic.

My thoughts on this pairing:

Yes..YSH was a surprise for me, didn't think of him at all when she announced her come back. It appears that the CJW-YSH partnership is a win-win strategic decision that can bring about good to their careers, if successfully executed.

YSH has been pursuing the Japanese market in the last year or so and he is becoming popular in Japan thanks to SeaGa, his Japan fan meeting, CDs, etc. Who would be a better partner for him than a senior actress that has established her presence as a hime in Japan since 2004. In fact, recent news by tvN revealed the top 5 stars in Japan based on income , to which CJW ranked #5 next to the other 4 k-pop group idols (except JGS).

The benefits are mutual. CJW - Since A Star's Lover in 2008, she had been staying low until her recent 1N2D appearance. By no means she has been inactive because she's still as busy as ever with her CFs and philanthropic initiatives. Even though A Star's Lover did ok in Japan, it wasn't warmly received in Korea. I partly blamed the low ratings on the plot and lack of promotions. Prior to 1N2D, She almost never appeared in a variety show and she often avoided interviews. Thus, out of sight out of mind:-) it is such a prudent decision for JW to want to be partnered with a rising star both in his homeland and Japan: YSH. The heat of Secret Garden is still going strong.

I read that a poster here asked whether JW appearance in 1N2D lead to her cast in Can't Lose. Maybe, but I think that the decision to be in the drama was already made prior to 1N2D. Her appearance in 1N2D , a high ratings show, was a PR move to bring viewers to her new drama. Even if you don't have a project, it's still such a good opportunity to be cast in 1N2D. The day she announced her comeback, the leading man was already cast. They were going to reveal the leading man the next day but for whatever reason it was slightly postponed. At that point, It was just a matter of PR strategy as to who would announce it first and CJW did followed by YSH. I read somewhere that in Korea generally a male actor gets to announce it first, followed by the leading lady. Not sure how credible this is though but yeay..that seems to be the pattern.

Let's hope that their mutual symbiosis partnership can be materialized in Can't Live With Losing as Mr. and Mrs. Ok I should stop writing now:-)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts chingu - as always, you are very detailed. :D

I don’t think there’s a specific rule in announcing the leading cast but from my observation most of the recent dramas, they revealed the female lead first followed by the male lead. But in some dramas, news of both leads participation in a drama is released at the same time. Apparently, where dramas that involved JW (if I am not wrong), she leads the naming of the casting list prior to her male co-star. YSH’s name never crossed my mind too simply because we shortlisted on Hallyu-sunbaes who is older than JW. Anyway, we are happy YSH joined JW in CLWL. :)

Hope to see more YSH fans in this thread – welcome on board, benzene. I notice some imbalance of exchanges in this thread as most of our post here are related to CJW – and we need to balance it up with more discussion on YSH’s work as well.

Jeezvive is doing a great job in posting news related to YSH from other fan/websites. Hope everyone will share and join in the discussion while we wait for more releases of CLWL. Don’t be shy ~~ it’s a JV project from both actors, anyway.36_8_12.gif

Dear AllforCJW , Ellabel....I'm glad to see you back ka !!!!....still waiting for Ixory too.....

Nong benzene ( :wub: :wub: ) hee hee....we see each other here too....so glad ka !! ( she is Oppa Big Fans )

more pix at the Roof top from CJWfc.com

150_4e34b5d3aa87e.jpg

150_4e34b5db11d49.jpg

150_4e34b5e1dd844.jpg

150_4e34b5e8ae91f.jpg

Regarding old Jiwoo drama.....I like Mr.Duke I watched it several times but for 101 proposal one time only blush.gif

My thoughts on this pairing:

Yes..YSH was a surprise for me, didn't think of him at all when she announced her come back.  It appears that the CJW-YSH partnership is a win-win strategic decision that can bring about good to their careers, if successfully executed.

YSH has been pursuing the Japanese market in the last year or so and he is becoming popular in Japan thanks to SeaGa, his Japan fan meeting, CDs, etc.  Who would be a better partner for him than a senior actress that has established her presence as a hime in Japan since 2004. In fact, recent news by tvN revealed the top 5 stars in Japan based on income , to which CJW ranked #5 next to the other 4 k-pop group idols (except JGS).

The benefits are mutual.  CJW - Since A Star's Lover in 2008, she had been staying low until her recent 1N2D appearance. By no means she has been inactive because she's still as busy as ever with her CFs and philanthropic initiatives.  Even though A Star's Lover did ok in Japan, it wasn't warmly received in Korea.  I partly blamed the low ratings on the plot and lack of promotions. Prior to 1N2D, She almost never appeared in a variety show and she often avoided interviews.  Thus, out of sight out of mind:-) it is such a prudent decision for JW to want to be partnered with a rising star both in his homeland and Japan: YSH.  The heat of Secret Garden is still going strong.  

I read that a poster here asked whether JW appearance in 1N2D lead to her cast in Can't Lose.  Maybe, but I think that the decision to be in the drama was already made prior to 1N2D.  Her appearance in 1N2D , a high ratings show, was a PR move to bring viewers to her new drama.  Even if you don't have a project, it's still such a good opportunity to be cast in 1N2D.  The day she announced her comeback, the leading man was already cast.  They were going to reveal the leading man the next day but for whatever reason it was slightly postponed.  At that point, It was just a matter of PR strategy as to who would announce it first and CJW did followed by YSH.  I read somewhere that in Korea generally a male actor gets to announce it first, followed by the leading lady. Not sure how credible this is though but yeay..that seems to be the pattern.

Let's hope that their mutual symbiosis partnership can be materialized in Can't Live With Losing as Mr. and Mrs. Ok I should stop writing now:-)

Sorry to cut your post dear AllforCJW, as a fan of YSH I agree with your thoughts on how this project is both beneficial to both our dear stars.YSH has been doing well in Japan for the past 2 years. With most of his previous dramas (SeGa, My Fair Lady, Winter Bird) being loved by the Japanese audience and the opportunity to do what he loves to do, SINGING, YSH has so much love for his Japanese Fans. Though I am not much familiar with CJW's past projects, I know from what I read that she is one of the pioneers of Hallyu wave abroad especially in Japan. i am sure that her fans in Japan are highly anticipating CLWL. MBC is in a lucky position that this project will be received with so much love by the Japanese audience. Like what I earlier posted here, I am sure that YSH is very much honored to be acting side by side with THE CJW. Debuting late, he has been given with so much opportunity to be acting with great stars.

On the matter of timing of announcing the leads for CLWL Maybe both stars accepted the drama offer at the same time and timing of announcement is just PR and marketing strategy.  I want to share my thoughts about the casting of YSH. His management company, MGB Entertainment announced early June, about right after his Japanese Single was released, that YSH accepted a movie offer "Taigong" (Chinese word for trading) to air summer of 2012. The movie is set to film in China by July. Late June, YSH was in Switzerland for his goodwill ambassador for Swiss tourism assignment and we did not get updates on his upcoming movie. And by July 18, all his fans were so ecstatic to hear that we will see him earlier that expected in a drama. He said in one of his messages that his movie project has been moved and that he will start filming after CLWL.

I did not notice any pattern in announcement procedure for male and female leads. But what I can share is YSH's casting for My Fair Lady opposite YEH is last minute. His performance in QoH "pushed" his name to the producers of MFL, and he was offered last minute, and after very short negotiation, filming commenced right away.

It could be possible that the same thing happened here for CLWL. Maybe he was offered earlier than we know, but cannot commit due to other schedules. But when his movie was moved to a later date, he has the time now to film for CLWL. How can he say no to MBC! If he did, Im sure he would have regretted it for a very long time. 

Stills from MBC’s divorce romance Can’t Lose

(from Dramabeans)

lose2.jpg

Stills are out for Choi Ji-woo and Yoon Sang-hyun‘s new MBC rom-com, Can’t Lose, in which they star as a married couple in the midst of divorce who, I presume, eventually get their groove back.

Both leads are lawyers — she’s capable and competent, he’s a perfectionist — and their contentious relationship is described as a War of the Roses. (Which I assume is a reference to the ’80s movie, not the historical battles pitting Lancaster versus York.)

The background: Eun-jae (Choi Ji-woo) and Hyung-woo (Yoon Sang-hyun) meet without knowing of each other’s occupations, and fall in love practically at first sight (my 1st time to know this - jeezvive) . Their courtship is sweet and they marry with vows of “Til death do us part.” Slowly, cracks form in the relationship over the next year of marriage as they fight and make up, until they end up here, mid-divorce proceedings.

The premise reminds me a bit of Queen of Reversals (a whirlwind romance followed by a rocky marriage) as well as Alone in Love (a divorced couple having a second chance), although I expect Can’t Lose to be more in the comedy bent. I will say that Choi and Yoon look good together, and the plot makes me curious to see how they fell apart in a way that keeps the door open for reconciliation. Also, I’m looking forward to seeing some of the supporting cast, with Kim Jung-tae (Miss Ripley‘s Hirayama) and Sung Dong-il (My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho’s Chow Yun-fat lite, Runaway Plan B‘s Nakamura) both onboard. Can they camp together and sing about chewy dough again? Please?

Can’t Lose is set for an August 24 premiere.

lose1.jpg

lose3.jpg

lose4.jpg

lose8.jpg

lose9.jpg

lose11.jpg

lose12.jpg

lose10.jpg

lose13.jpg

lose15.jpg

lose17.jpg

lose5.jpg

lose6.jpg

lose7.jpg

Guest Hyc-ching

Attention! Urgent message! :P:lol::w00t:

Anni sis, please read this and help out, ok? Thanks a million! :wub::wub:

This is the message posted by papagei at jiwoolove.com.

I hope all the fans here that are good in writing and discussions please write messages to support. You can post your message here or PM annichoi so that she can help to pass your message to jiwoolove.com because she is an active member there. :w00t: I will be away for few days starting from 2nd August, so I can’t pass your message to jiwoolove.com. :P

Hello, everyone! Starjiwoo will pay a visit to Jiwoo’s new drama crew in early August. Starjiwoo is going to compile a guestbook with messages for Jiwoo. I hope lanxin friends(jiwoolove.com) will give your warmest regards to Jiwoo, YSH, the director and etc. by expressing your support, encouragement and blessing for them in the message. No limit in length of message, best to write in Korean or English.

Please PM papagei or月夜星your message.

Deadline before 3rd August.Thank you.

Anni sis, please read this and help out, ok? Thanks a million! :wub:  :wub:

This is the message posted by papagei at jiwoolove.com.

I hope all the fans that are good in writing and discussions please write messages to support. You can post your message here or PM annichoi so that she can help to pass your message to jiwoolove.com because she is an active member there. :w00t:  I will be away for few days starting from 2nd August, so I can’t pass your message to jiwoolove.com.  :P

Hello, everyone! Starjiwoo will pay a visit to Jiwoo’s new drama crew in early August. Starjiwoo is going to compile a guestbook with messages for Jiwoo. I hope lanxin friends(jiwoolove.com) will give your warmest regards to Jiwoo, YSH, the director and etc. by expressing your support, encouragement and blessing for them in the message. No limit in length of message, best to write in Korean or English.

Please PM papagei or月夜星your message.

Deadline before 3rd August.Thank you.

thanks Ching! This is wonderful Fans messages will give our stars and crew the energy to do well :wub:

can the fans of YSH send our messages for CJW and YSH as well? or is this only open to all known CJW fans  :unsure:

Guest Hyc-ching

thanks Ching! This is wonderful Fans messages will give our stars and crew the energy to do well :wub:

can the fans of YSH send our messages for CJW and YSH as well? or is this only open to all known CJW fans  :unsure:

jeezvive

Of course you can write to YSH or others too. But since this is done by starjiwoo, I think best way is to write separate message to each of them in your message like this:

To Jiwoo: ~~~message~~~

To YSH:~~~message~~~

To Director: ~~~message~~~

This is what I notice in Japanese starjiwoo :P

http://www.starjiwoo.com/renewal/index.php?mid=japanese&document_srl=789553

Thx [b]Ching for announcement urgent attention ^^

Hope everyone will write message to Jiwoo, YSH and PD!!

Pls post it here so Anni can see and collect it to the Jiwoo's fan who will send message of all of you to Jiwoo, YSH and PD ^^

Guest Hyc-ching

Thanks Felicia dear for starting the thread. Nice to see old chingus here...anni, dramalover, lee, and most esp. my sis, Ching. Thanks much to all who contribute to this thread esp. jeezvive.

Hi ella sis, long time no see. :wub::wub::lol:

Thx [b]Ching for announcement urgent attention ^^

Hope everyone will write message to Jiwoo, YSH and PD!!

Pls post it here so Anni can see and collect it to the Jiwoo's fan who will send message of all of you to Jiwoo, YSH and PD ^^

Lee, you are welcome. I have sent mine to jiwoolove.com so I won't post it here to avoid double posting in case anni collects it and send together with others.

Thanks again anni sis. :wub::wub:

To those who send message, please state your ID or name, and also if possible, country of origin. Thanks.

Eg. I wrote mine like this:

pandaching- jiwoolove.com (Hyc-Ching – soompi.com)

Thanks everyone for all the latest update.

Loving every bit of the cheerful bts-pics as posted by anni above, surprise to see singer, Kim Sung-soo taking pictures with Choi Ji-woo and Yoon Sang-hyun. Wondering what is the ex-K-pop COOL-man doing at the filming site? :D I have been meaning to ask this but tend to forget everytime I post, so here's the question to YSH fans, is our leading man here single? ;):P

I will write my message and PM anni by tonight – thanks dear for your kind effort. :)

Thanks everyone for all the latest update.  

Loving every bit of the cheerful bts-pics as posted by anni above, surprise to see singer, Kim Sung-soo taking pictures with Choi Ji-woo and Yoon Sang-hyun.  Wondering what is the ex-K-pop COOL-man doing at the filming site? :D   I have been meaning to ask this but tend to forget everytime I post, so here's the question to YSH fans, is our leading man here single?  ;)  :P

I will write my message and PM anni by tonight – thanks dear for your kind effort.  :)

Hi Fel, I think I have just answered the same question in one of the comments from DB heehee, asking if YSH is still single. 

Yes he still is, according to his official profile from his management company. Yet again, I have to add, a lot of his fans all queuing for the chance to marry him.

the most aggressive among them all is probably ME and only ME  wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif  sorry my dear benzene, in case you will read this later when you drop by here.

Ah i need to finish my message and send to Anni

Hi Fel, I think I have just answered the same question in one of the comments from DB heehee, asking if YSH is still single. 

Yes he still is, according to his official profile from his management company. Yet again, I have to add, a lot of his fans all queuing for the chance to marry him.

the most aggressive among them all is probably ME and only ME  *quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*  sorry my dear benzene, in case you will read this later when you drop by here.

Ah i need to finish my message and send to Anni

That piece of news just made my day but don’t worry I am not qualified to join the queue but I’ll wish you and all his fans all the best! I bet you need to wrestle with many fans and to add on to your woes, now you have another strong opponent, his current on-screen wife, Eun-jae – wish you luck, jeezvive! :w00t:

Just a friendly reminder, anyone who is still interested to write your wishes to both the main actors and people behind the production team, kindly PM your wishes to Anni by today - gamsahamnida. Guidelines are as indicated above as posted by Ching. :D

Here’s the link to see a picture of YSH busy reading his script (sorry, can’t re-post it here). ;)

http://blog.daum.net/mirinetrend/364

credit to original poster

Today our Lawyers....so quiet !

yes, why is so quiet dear lawyers? we missed you today!

That piece of news just made my day but don’t worry I am not qualified to join the queue but I’ll wish you and all his fans all the best! I bet you need to wrestle with many fans and to add on to your woes, now you have another strong opponent, his current on-screen wife, Eun-jae – wish you luck, jeezvive!  :w00t:  

I know, how can i compete with a goddess  :( but i know somethings she may not know about YSH and I am not going to share heehee :P

isnt Oppa so handsome!  :wub:

NEWS (as of 8.2.11 17:25KST)

According to YSH's official korean website, there will be a "poster" shoot for Can't Live With Losing on Aug 4, 2011

So looking forward to see the photos/posters! :wub:

Wow !! Jeezvive....thanks for the news ka....Looking forward for the POSTER :wub: :wub:

Guest rainonme

I haven't watched Choi Ji Woo ever since STH but I kinda wanna see this just for Yoon Sang Hyun. ^^ thanks for sharing everyone!

Archived