Episodes: 18

Broadcast Network: MBC

Screenwriter: Lee Sook-jin

Director: Lee Jae-dong

Official MBC Site: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/cantlive/index.html

Official MBC English Site :

Other Related Site(s) : Cafe.Daum@mbc, Cafe.Daum,

Synopsis :

A drama about what happens when a lawyer couple gets divorced. Lee Eun-jae (Choi Ji-woo) and Yeon Hyung-woo (Yoon Sang-hyun) are happily married couple and both of them are capable and competent lawyers. However, when their marriage broke down, both lawyers fought hard during their divorce proceedings.

Main Leads :

CLWL-LEJ.jpg

Choi Ji-woo as Lee Eun-jae

What’s wrong with liking a “fat wallet” and what’s so bad having an “empty wallet”?

Lee Eun-jae is the wife of Hyung-woo who is a responsible and liberal lawyer.

With the impression that lawyers make good money, she majored in law and passed the bar examination. Her life revolves reading law and is oblivious to social relationship. She is only interested in her job as it brings in lots of money. She has put a lot effort in the law firm but in the end, she realized her contribution is not being appreciated – why I am always being called the “selfish-one”?

CLWL-YHW.jpg

Yoon Sang-hyun as Yeon Hyung-woo

A charming marriage can turn into a flawed-marriage!

Yeong Hyung-woo, husband to Eun-jae, is a perfectionist lawyer who embraces justice.

He passed the bar examination with an excellent academic record. After graduating from postgraduate school, he worked briefly as a prosecutor. Due to his hatred for power and authoritative nature, he decided that prosecuting field of works is against his principle. He found a job in a law firm but later resigned after he failed to protect his client’s interest. At the same time, he met a very unique woman, Lee Eun jae!

Supporting Cast :

CLWL-GGC.jpg

Kim Jung-tae as Go Gi-chan

Go Gi-chan, husband to Kim Young-joo, is a loser who fails as the breadwinner in the family!! “He feels like a nut who allows his wife to rage at him again and again!”

Gi-chan is Hyung-woo’s university mate who always failed in the bar examination.

When he is out of the house, he is cheerful in front of Hyung-woo who succeed in his career but when he is alone, he suffers from inferiority complex. To overcome his worries and disgrace, he resorts to drinking liquor. He gives up on passing the legal examination when Young-joo is pregnant i.e before they are married. In order to support the family, he found a job in an industry that neither suits him nor his ability to perform. He finally found a job without feeling sorry over his lack of ability but in the end, he is still jobless.

CLWL-KYJ.jpg

Jo Mi-ryung as Kim Young-joo

Kim Young-joo, wife of Go Gi-chan is an expert in making money, has the deciding power in their relationship. She loves money more than anything else!

She is a typical dual-career housewife who earned double income and has since become the master of the family. With a hardworking attitude, she runs a Korean restaurant and while she concentrates on her business, she lost her two rabbits (of which I don't know how important the role of her rabbits in the story line). She is extremely hot tempered and in her flaring-mode, she lashed out her anger and is least bothered by the people around her but deep inside her heart, she does consider other people’s feelings.

CLWL-CJG.jpg

Sung Dong-il as Cho Jeong-goo

“A petty Judge who demanded Hyung-woo to return the money for the beer he treated him during the time when he was in love!”

Cho Jeong-joo is an impulsive Domestic Relations Court Judge.

A senior to Hyung-woo and Eun-jae, they appeared before him for the divorce trial. He tried every methods he can think of to avoid them as he doesn’t want to handle their divorce case. In the end, he failed to avoid it and has to accept the case unwillingly. An impulsive person who will in the midst of anger, spilled out foul language but in the professional front, he will politely handles cases in the court.

CLWL-YJN.jpg

Park Won-sook as Yoo Jeong-nan

Known as "Nosey-ahjummah"!

She may be nosey but her presence lightened up the atmosphere even at the darkest place!

Although her daughter Eun-jae severs the relationship because of her past, she still secretly goes to see Eun Jae. She runs everywhere begging for business. The landlord whom she rented a place is chasing her out – and it happens the landlord is actually her relative?

CLWL-HGJ.jpg

Kim Ja-ok as Hong Geum-ji

Hong Jeum-Gi is a rich woman who owns several buildings in Seoul.

She feels remorseful because of her not-well-educated background and tends to lecture/nag about upbringing and education.

Although she despised her daughter-in-law, she never complained and on the other hand, the daughter-in-law (Lee Eun-jae) is not someone you can underestimate. Lately, she is troubled by a someone who rents the house she just bought. Even though she is the owner of the house, she has difficulty handling the tenant.

Original Source of Translation :Asian-Drama

Re-translated Version of Character Description By Me

{Disclaimer : The translation should be read as a basis introduction to the respective characters and may not be as accurate as it is in its original text (hangul)}.

Highlighted by jeezvive - with thanks.

Extended Supporting Cast :

103506_VCHAR8.jpg

Ha Suk-jin as Lee Tae-young

104008_VCHAR8.jpg

Kim Jin-woo as So Ju-hyun

104719_VCHAR8.jpg

Ju Jin-mo as Kang Woo-shik

105629_VCHAR8.jpg

Ga Deuk-hee's as Ga Deuk-hee

Special Appearance : Song Jae-ho & Lee Soo-kyung

rose-banner.gif

The following will be updated as and when latest progress is made available :

News/Pictures - First Script Reading

Still Pictures

Click here to view Still-Pictures

Poster Making

Click here to watch [Poster Making 1] [Poster Making 2]

Credit : ShanYSH0921 & original uploader @ tudou

Blessing Ceremony

Click here to view Blessing Ceremony Pictures

Press-Conference

Click here to view [1] [2]

Link to watch Press-Con Coverage

Credit : ShanYSH0921

Link to watch Trailer(s) & Preview

[First-Day-Filming Eng-Subbed]

[1st Trailer-Eng-subbed]

[2nd Trailer-Eng-subbed]

[5-mins Preview]

[Compilation Preview Eng-Subbed]

Link to watch MVs

Do You Know I Love You MV

Rating

Episode 1 - *AGB - 6.2% (Nationwide), 6.6% (Seoul), #TNS - 6.4%

Episode 2 - AGB - 6.9% (Nationwide), TNS - 6.4%

Episode 3 - AGB - 6.0% (Nationwide), TNS - 5.7%

Episode 4 - AGB - 6.6% (Nationwide), TNS - 5.0%

Episode 5 - AGB - 6.3% (Nationwide), TNS - 4.6%

Episode 6 - AGB - 5.8% (Nationwide)

Episode 7 - AGB - 6.7% (Nationwide)

Episode 8 - AGB - 6.6% (Nationwide)

Episode 9 - AGB -10.2% (Nationwide) TNS - 8.9%

Episode 10 - AGB - 5.8% (Nationwide)

Episode 11 - AGB - 5.6% (Nationwide)

Episode 12 - AGB - 6.1% (Nationwide)

Episode 13 - AGB - 6.9% (Nationwide)

Episode 14 - AGB - 6.4% (Nationwide)

Note : * AGB - AGB Nielsen

# TNS - TNS Media Research

Link to Download OST

[And I Love You By Zia]

[Do You Know I Love You By Yoon Sang-hyun]

[End_Song-EP10 By Byeon Jin-sup]

Alternative download link of : [OST 1], [OST 2], [OST 3]

Credit : YSHIFC/Cococrust

Various Download Links :-

Torrent Download Links :

Torrent Link Episode [1],

Torrent Link E02 - to be updated soon

Torrent Link E03

Torrent Link E04

Credit : semi-fly

Chinese-Subbed Download Links : Episode [1],[2], [3], [4],[5], [6]. [8],

Credit : cococrust

English-Subbed Download Links :

Subtitles brought to you by the:...Woo Woo Team @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: [ViKi-Channel]

Softsubs Link : [ViKi-softsubs]

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The RAW video files are also in folders on file hosting services : Episode 1 to 6

MU Folders : *[352p]* *[352p-HANrel]* *[450p-HANrel]* *[720p]* *[720p-HANrel]*

FS Folders : *[352p]* *[352p-HANrel]* *[450p-HANrel]* *[720p]* *[720p-HANrel]*

The softsub links will be in folders on file hosts :-

**[MegaUpload Folder]****[FileServe Folder]****[MediaFire Folder]**

Episode 1 to 4

*[MegaUpload Folder]* [FileServe Folder]* *[MediaFire Folder]*

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

[MBC.Can.Not.Lose.E01.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt]

[MBC.Can.Not.Lose.E02.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt]

[MBC.Can.Not.Lose.E03X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt]

Credit : ahoxan

Special thanks to ck1Oz

rose-banner.gif

MUST-READ COMPLIANCES :

Kindly be informed that you are required to comply with Soompi’s General Forum Rules/Code of Conduct and Korean Dramas and Movies Rules. For ease of reading, you can find those rules HERE and HERE. If you have any doubts pertaining to the rules, kindly PM a Moderator.

The following are not permitted as per Soompi's rules:

1) Spamming the thread for : i) releases of subtitles ii) requesting for streaming sites or links. When all these are available, it will be posted at the 1st Page.

2) Please tag your live-commentaries under SPOILER.

Gentle Reminder : As part of our community service to help save storage space resources, please do not double post pictures. Kindly check back-pages before posting as it may have already been posted.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Note : This Home is almost completed but undergoing minor touch-up - still need your patience while I update all related news/links/pictures/ as it progresses.

Last Updated on 7th October 2011

Can’t Lose hold first script reading

By dramabeans

cantlose4.jpg

That was fast. It seemed like just yesterday that the leading man, Yoon Sang-hyun, was cast to partner Choi Ji-woo in her new drama, and already they’re in rehearsals.

With casting now confirmed, MBC’s light romance Can’t Lose went straight into script readings on July 18. The drama is about a married couple (Choi and Yoon) in the process of divorce, which leads to “fierce, but funny” episodes. Looks like the comedy is a strong presence from the start, since there were reportedly bursts of laughter at the table read in response to the comic situations and dialogue.

The drama also features a robust supporting lineup that includes Kim Jung-tae (the wonderfully creepy Hirayama in Miss Ripley), Park Won-sook (Pil-joo’s shrill mom in Best Love), veteran Kim Ja-ok (High Kick Through the Roof, The World They Live In), and Jo Mi-ryung (Life Is Beautiful, Chuno).

I think this could be a fun drama, if the chemistry between Choi Ji-woo and Yoon Sang-hyun is right. Seems like we’re in for a lot of cute, comic bickering, which is a hoot when done right, and I’d love to see Choi’s lighter side out in full force, since I know she can do cute. If her recent 1 Night 2 Days stint showed anything, it’s that she’s an aegyo queen. And Yoon Sang-hyun does have a tendency to overdo the comedy, but I actually prefer when he’s being dramatic, because he tones it down and gets you with the emotion. I can totally see them fighting their way right into romance (or back into it, since I presume they had it at one point, but have since lost that lovin’ feelin’).

Can’t Lose follows You’ve Fallen For Me and premieres on August 24.

cantlose3.jpg

83906_40594_328.jpg

cantlose5.jpg

Credits javabeans@dramabeans

Hi everyone!

I just checked the MBC site and found out that Joo Jin Mo and Kim Jin Woo has been cast as supporting roles. I think Joo Jin Mo will be playing the 2nd male lead. I hope the news is accurate coz I was hoping JJM to play CJW's love interest - anyway, I don't mind as long as I can see both of them on screen together. cooldance.gif

Whoa...this is great news - we have sealed Yoon Sang Hyun as the male lead and now Joo Jin Mo is joining the two lawyers fighting in courtroom or bedroom!! :lol::w00t:

Nice to see you here, anni. :)

Hi everyone!

I just checked the MBC site and found out that Joo Jin Mo and Kim Jin Woo has been cast as supporting roles. I think Joo Jin Mo will be playing the 2nd male lead. I hope the news is accurate coz I was hoping JJM to play CJW's love interest - anyway, I don't mind as long as I can see both of them on screen together. *quoted image*

Whoa...this is great news - we have sealed Yoon Sang Hyun as the male lead and now Joo Jin Mo is joining the two lawyers fighting in courtroom or bedroom!! :lol::w00t:

Nice to see you here, anni. :)

Dear Fel....at first I think same as you regarding JJM but actually....they've 2 JJM ka.....and the one who join this drama is Older JJM not the hotest one in Frozen Flower........

20cats.jpg

he is the 1st one on the 2nd row ka....saw him from many drama before.

now I'm interesting....the last one on the 2nd row ka....hottie cutie very handsome Kim Jin Woo.... :wub: :wub:

Guest Hyc-ching

Dear Fel....at first I think same as you regarding JJM but actually....they've 2 JJM ka.....and the one who join this drama is Older JJM not the hotest one in Frozen Flower........

*quoted image*

now I'm interesting....the last one on the 2nd row ka....hottie cutie very handsome Kim Jin Woo.... :wub: :wub:

Thanks Felicia chingu for starting the thread. :wub:

Anni sis, really? There is another JJM? :mellow:I can't see the pic you posted.

I can see now, thanks.

Guest dramalover

Wow,can't wait for this drama..JW looks refreshing while reading her script and so with YSH..

Thanks Felicia for starting the thread and looking forward for more news and pictures of

the whole cast..Keep up the good work chingu..

*quoted image*

Thanks for the news anni but I can't view the picture. OK....seen the entire supporting cast - gomapta chingu. May I use the pictures in my first post, if I need them?

It's strange, when I google the the hangul name of Joo Jin-mo (the one I am expecting ...), they only refer the one-and-only JJM I know. :rolleyes: Anyway, thanks for the clarification. ;)

Glad to see Ching and dramalover in this thread and welcome jeezvive! Appreciate the update on the commencement date of filming. :D Hope everything will go smoothly and the accident case of PSH in "Heartstrings" won't affect the pilot episode of CL. :)

Btw, the young hottie Kim Jin-woo played supporting roles in "Road No.1" and "Smile Mom" and he was also involved in a movie, "Flight". I am not familiar with him since I skip-watched "Road No.1". :(

Glad to see Ching and dramalover in this thread and welcome jeezvive! Appreciate the update on the commencement date of filming.  :D Hope everything will go smoothly and the accident case of PSH in "Heartstrings" won't affect the pilot episode of CL. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome chingoo.

Unfortunately according to Dramabeans the accident involving PSH may cause extension on the broadcast schedule of Heartstrings, which in turn will result to a delay in the premiere episode of CL on August 24 tears.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome chingoo.

Unfortunately according to Dramabeans the accident involving PSH may cause extension on the broadcast schedule of Heartstrings, which in turn will result to a delay in the premiere episode of CL on August 24 *quoted image*

Thanks for the update jeezvive chingu. I think it’s a bit complicated with the involvement of another actor, Eom Ki-joon who has been penalized for a mild-case of drunk-driving - hope the delay won’t stretch too long. :crazy:

Cases like this won’t happen in HK, Taiwan and China as filming process from pre-production to post-production is completed months before the drama is aired. Unfortunately, this kind of process is not adopted by all three major TV Stations – hence, the “unforeseen incidents” can happen during filming. If I am not mistaken few years ago, Eric Mun suffered injuries in a car accident during filming that consequently led to cancellation of the drama. Luckily, the accident happened during the early stage of filming otherwise the scriptwriter has to change the storyline. :phew:

Felicia,

Thanks very much for starting this thread. I'm so excited and will definitely watch this drama.

You are most welcome, Grace. Hope to see you here more often and I know it's been 3 years since we last saw her on the small screen and the best gift to her fans - she is finally taking up a different genre ie rom-com. It’s time she lift up the burden of being labeled as “queen of tears” and with her role as Choi Eun-jae , we hope to see the funny side of JW and be hailed as “queen of aegyo” adding to the long list of “queens” she picked up during her filming career.smileyyehey.gif

I am impressed with Yoon Sang-hyun’ acting especially the role he played in “Queen of Housewives” and of course, how can we, not acknowledge his acting and singing talent in “Secret Garden”! 2351377sh-1.gif

I can imagine the sparks flying in the CL set….err…maybe not at this moment, but once they dive into their characters, I believe we can witness the “hyuniwoo” couple in our screen, screaming, yelling and bickering and falling-in-love all over again (just my guess....). :w00t::lol:

I am not sure all of you like the coining of this couple as “hyuniwoo”, so any suggestion? I thought “hyunwoo” doesn’t sound romantic but adding j-iwoo to form hyun-iwoo sound more like “honey-woo”. What do you think gals? ;)

Welcome angelzwynd & bijv! wave.gif

Guest Yang_EunBi

Thanks for starting the thread.. Love CJW so much..

and YSH? I like him a lot in Secret Garden but he's more of comedy than drama. I wish their chemistry will be great. Looking forward for CJW's comeback!

FIGHTING! ^_^

BY THE WAY, i CREATED A FAN PAGE ON FACEBOOK.

here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cant-Lose-Korean-Drama-%EC%A7%80%EA%B3%A0%EB%8A%94-%EB%AA%BB%EC%82%B4%EC%95%84/193943080662980

@iHeartcherry21

Archived