[Drama 2011] Warrior Baek Dong Soo 무사 백동수

Guest reiz1430278104

Just finished epi 4 thanks to DS.  I'm loving this sageuk.

It was good and the sword saint is back!  I loved the child actors, but am looking forward to their more mature counterparts next week.  Oh, the plot thickens with juicy morsels of drama.

It appears that the noble's daughter is the CP's woman.  No other man can touch her, but it looks like she has eyes for YU.  Poor damsel.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoy child actors' performance. This week's eps were great.. funny at some point.. hehe.. esp when Dong Soo always get into trouble.. lol.

I hope Yeo Woon will change in the end and live!! They better not kill him otherwise that will be too harsh!

I really like the moment where they were swimming across the ocean.. and Yeo Woon keeps on looking back to see if Dong Soo was still following.. and then he went back to the ocean to find him... that just shows he still has love within him and that he cares for ppl. So there's still hope!!

My guess is that he will eventually remember the night when his dad died and stop killing after all.

Ahh little Ma Jun.. no wonder he looks familiar.. hehe...

The love line looks complicated already.. *sighs*

i also like that scene when Yeo Wun went back to look for Dong Su out in the ocean. Dong Su is like, the first and foremost important friend/person to Yeo Wun. yeah, they butt heads and go at it like they are arch enemies, but doesn't it kind of seem like Yeo Wun is doing that for Dong Su's own good? hehe ... Yeo Wun is the mature one and Dong Su is the kid. gotta love their relationship.

i don't know, but for some reason, i think that Yeo Wun is faking his memory lost of when his dad died. because when he fainted, that was what made him wake up. i just think he's up to something. especially when he took his dad's spear and made it into a sword. i hope he never ends up using it on Dong Su or the people closest to him or ever. or maybe, he ends up killing Cheon in the end with it, i don't know. there's a lot of questions and not enough answers.

Hiya laridum, and thanks for the information.  Close, but not quite; what I'm looking for is the same intro scene that aquarianunicorn is also seeking -- the opening sequence that shows the name of the drama and the lead characters, etc. that runs before the "Not For Viewers Under 15" parental warning.  When SBS eventually subs Warrior BDS for the US market, they'll run this same opening sequence before every episode to remind us of which drama we're watching.  Like us fangirls need the help.   :P

I'm sure it's out there somewhere -- I'll keep searching and report back if I find anything!

if you're talking about the opening credits and stuff then, you should check here : holden's page

can't wait for Dong Su and Jin Ju to meet up again. already quarrelling at each other. eek ... so adorable. their realtionship is going to be a funny love story. i can see it already. but what kills me is the relationship chart. it only shows that Jin Ju's love is one sided. boo ... i hope its wrong. let him love both girls.

then there's the love square between Dong Su, Yeo Wun, the prince and Ji Seon. all three men are in love with one girl, while the girl only loves one man. that's heartbreaking. Dong Su and Ji Seon likes each other, but she can't commit to him because she already belongs to the prince because of the promise, and Yeo Wun's love is one sided. complicated.

hehe ... i also like the scene where Sa Mo and Dae Pyo met in the market and was about to fight each other and was swoon away by the presence of a woman walking between them. and i hope Dae Pyo doesn't die in the next episode when Cheon attacks the camp. that would really not be cool at all.

Guest crazy lulu

^ baahhh! i'm so freakin' mad right now! i didn't even pay attention to those arrows. no, please, NO! i don't want it to be one of those typical "i love the fair maiden" stories. nooooooooooooooooo. ='( okay. i was setting this drama up to replace my number one k-drama at the moment, but if it goes this route with the dong soo/ji seon angle, it definitely will not. urgh. so mad right now. :'(

team jin ju, FTW!!

agh. i'm so incredibly sad. i'm just hoping they let jin ju win. please.. just this once.. in this one drama. she already asked for his hand is marriage, got that! haha. how am i ever going to recover and get some sleep with those freakin' arrows on my mind. siiigh.* just have to wait 'till monday and tuesday to roll around.

don't fail me, warrior baek dong soo. pretty please.

This show is getting more interesting. Crown Prince Sa Do is kinda old for a 'rival' but let's see what happens. From the news I've heard, Yeo Un is destined to kill the king (I assume this is Prince Sa Do in the long run) and Baek Dong Su is destined to protect the king. All 3 guys are linked to Ji Seon, thinking about it... she's in a difficult situation. There is no way she could turn back to the agreement his family made with the former King - that she'll be Sa Do's woman, unless Sa Do would die in the end -- which would mean Baek Dong Su would fail in his mission to save him. Since this is Dong Su's story as 'the' warrior hero... most likely he would succeed.

Also, as much as I want the relation/angle between Cheon and Yeo Un - ' (first) mentor' vs. 'student.' I much prefer Cheon vs Gim Gwang Taek and Yeo Un vs. Baek Dong Su. It would be - mentor vs. mentor & student vs. student. Right now, Yeo Un excells in everything physical and he can beat Dong Su in any battle. I look forward to seeing how Dong Su would develop to be a warrior with the help of Gim Gwang Taek... and I wonder how the Sword Saint would react when he learns that the baby survived.

WaGGy, I like both girls for DS, but based on the chart, he and the noble's daughter have mutual love line.  I hate one-sided love angles in dramas, but it happens in RL.  Didn't the CP die by his father's hand in Yi San?

I also want the sword saint to find out his charge survived. 

Glad to see that the ratings are going up, up, up. 

if you're talking about the opening credits and stuff then, you should check here : holden's page

I knew this community would not let me down -- that is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! kiip, you're a lifesaver! I'll also send a proper thanks to holden as well...

Just watched Episode 4 again... too bad the actors grow up in the next couple of shows. I'm really liking the 'baby bromance' going on with Dong Soo and Yeo Woon, but everyone knows this relationship will go down the tubes as they go on to protect their respective royalty members. One good thing about all the sageuks on the airwaves these days is making me finally research Korean history to understand the stories better. :)

Bring on Episode 5!!!

Guest laridum

WaGGy, I like both girls for DS, but based on the chart, he and the noble's daughter have mutual love line.  I hate one-sided love angles in dramas, but it happens in RL.  Didn't the CP die by his father's hand in Yi San?

I also want the sword saint to find out his charge survived. 

Glad to see that the ratings are going up, up, up. 

I think so. This Crown Prince does not have a historically happy ending. I've read his wife's memoirs.

Yeah, and the ratings are definitely deserved. It's going to have to compete with MBC's sageuk soon, though. :(

I think so. This Crown Prince does not have a historically happy ending. I've read his wife's memoirs.

Yeah, and the ratings are definitely deserved. It's going to have to compete with MBC's sageuk soon, though. :(

Thanks for the link;  I will check it out once I get home.

As for the competition, if there are no subs, it cuts down my viewing options.  I know this one has subs so I will continue to enjoy and watch.:wub:

oh wow. i just had this crazy thought in my mind. what if, Jin Ju is the daughter of Kim Gwang Taek and Ji? :o i mean, what's the relationship between Ji and Hwang Jin Gi? how do they know each other? and when Sa Mo asked Hwang Jin Gi if that was his daughter, he didn't say yes or nod, he just said her name. i know its too early to say, but who's her mother? how come they don't talk about Jin Ju's mother?

^ baahhh! i'm so freakin' mad right now! i didn't even pay attention to those arrows. no, please, NO! i don't want it to be one of those typical "i love the fair maiden" stories. nooooooooooooooooo. ='( okay. i was setting this drama up to replace my number one k-drama at the moment, but if it goes this route with the dong soo/ji seon angle, it definitely will not. urgh. so mad right now. :'(

team jin ju, FTW!!

agh. i'm so incredibly sad. i'm just hoping they let jin ju win. please.. just this once.. in this one drama. she already asked for his hand is marriage, got that! haha. how am i ever going to recover and get some sleep with those freakin' arrows on my mind. siiigh.* just have to wait 'till monday and tuesday to roll around.

don't fail me, warrior baek dong soo. pretty please.

uh oh ... never should have pointed out the love cycle. just take a deep breath and relax. we can't always trust the arrows, right? hehe ...

75ep02avisnapshot010517.jpg

i can't get this image out of my head ... :crazy:

Guest monkeyshinobi

I'm a huge fan of Yoo Seung Ho, I should watch this soon! Looks good! :D I'm usually not a fan of historical dramas, but i make exceptions (like Sungkyunkwan Scandal, that was good).

I'll start this soon! :D

Guest crazy lulu

oh wow. i just had this crazy thought in my mind. what if, Jin Ju is the daughter of Kim Gwang Taek and Ji? :o i mean, what's the relationship between Ji and Hwang Jin Gi? how do they know each other? and when Sa Mo asked Hwang Jin Gi if that was his daughter, he didn't say yes or nod, he just said her name. i know its too early to say, but who's her mother? how come they don't talk about Jin Ju's mother?

uh oh ... never should have pointed out the love cycle. just take a deep breath and relax. we can't always trust the arrows, right? hehe ...

despite my mostly incoherent sentences in this thread so far =D, i actually have legitimate thoughts about the story and characters. one thing i kept thinking about was jin ju's parents and background. for some reason, i just wasn't convinced that jin ju was hwang jin gi's daughter. there was something in that moment you mentioned, when sa mo asked about jin ju, that really caught my attention. then, for the life of me, i couldn't understand the scene between ji and hwang ji gi. i watched that scene, with subs, over and over again, and was like, whaa?? o_O' if jin ju really is kim gwang taek and ji's daughter.. dang.. that would be awesome. =D but if not, i'm totally okay with that too. they totally did spend one romantic night together before they went their separate ways though, so..... who knows. my thoughts might be running a little too wild, and i might be proven completely wrong, haha, but i do wonder about her parents.

also, i know it seems like i'm only watching the drama for their love lines, but i'm so not. i love myself some epic action, and i really think warrior baek dong soo will be able to deliver with a little bit of love and humor attached, and a lot of heart, so i'm rooting for it and am fully invested.. especially after the kids' performances. i know their older counterparts will bring it too. my only thing with the love line is that i want it to do the story proper justice. with the set up with the kids so far, i'm hoping everything falls into place.

can't wait for monday.

despite my mostly incoherent sentences in this thread so far =D, i actually have legitimate thoughts about the story and characters. one thing i kept thinking about was jin ju's parents and background. for some reason, i just wasn't convinced that jin ju was hwang jin gi's daughter. there was something in that moment you mentioned, when sa mo asked about jin ju, that really caught my attention. then, for the life of me, i couldn't understand the scene between ji and hwang ji gi. i watched that scene, with subs, over and over again, and was like, whaa?? o_O' if jin ju really is kim gwang taek and ji's daughter.. dang.. that would be awesome. =D but if not, i'm totally okay with that too. they totally did spend one romantic night together before they went their separate ways though, so..... who knows. my thoughts might be running a little too wild, and i might be proven completely wrong, haha, but i do wonder about her parents.

also, i know it seems like i'm only watching the drama for their love lines, but i'm so not. i love myself some epic action, and i really think warrior baek dong soo will be able to deliver with a little bit of love and humor attached, and a lot of heart, so i'm rooting for it and am fully invested.. especially after the kids' performances. i know their older counterparts will bring it too. my only thing with the love line is that i want it to do the story proper justice. with the set up with the kids so far, i'm hoping everything falls into place.

can't wait for monday.

I have the same sentiments. From the time I saw Jin Ju and Hwang Jin Gi, I was already doubtful and my doubts grew even bigger when I saw that scene of Hwang Jin Gi and Ji.

It took me a while to sub that road/bridge part (I'm from DSS), I went over it many times to make sure I didn't leave any clue or whatever... but they didn't talk about anything 'juicy' or whatever, actually that part regarding the jewels and the transaction they are doing is blurry at this point. I asked my WBDS Team to go over it as well LOL but really no clue, no hint about Jin Ju being Ji & Gwang Taek's daughter AT LEAST for now, but the expression on Ji's face while talking to Hwang Jin Gi was, for me, was more than a hint. She looked somewhat melancholic while talking to him which was unlikely for an assassin... and how come she knew Hwang Jin Gi, right? Isn't she always inside Hoksa Chorong with the other Lords waiting for a call to eliminate somebody, so why have such pep talk and say "always be careful". Why is she 'concerned' all of a sudden?

The story has some subplots that are a little hanging, hopefully in time they'll be able to answer them. Other than the lead characters Baek Dong Su and Yeo Un, I'm also intrigued about the characters of the older guys - who is Cheon exactly? Same with Ji and Gim Gwang Taek...I have feeling there is a love triangle here. Seom Geom (Sword Saint Gim Gwang Taek) seems to have a 'past' with Ji who is a Lord of the Assassin's Guild of the enemy - isn't this an unlikely chance? Cheon also seems to have 'something' with the Sword Saint, prolly a long time competitor? The WBDS team actually call them "frienemies" (friend-enemy) LOL. They are enemies and but they also respect each other. Why did Ji save Gwang Taek from In (the annoying assassin) if she knew him simply as the respected Seom Geom/Sword Saint of Joseon... and Gwang Taek also called her by a different name when they were in the cave. Hmm. There are still some questions waiting to be answered.

Guest lucky_moon

Little Dong Seo reminds me the the adult lljimae (Lee Junki), l know he was the young Iljimae too, bt his foolishness and dorkness specially when he eat and got a hit on his head he reminds me with him.

I also think JJ is the offspring of the SS and the lady assissin, but he does not know she's his child.  That night in the cave perhaps after she saved him....

Sometimes I think the Cheon character with the falcon does not want to betray his country on the level of stealing a war book so the enemy can take over his nation, but we'll see.  [i will get these names down one day.]

Archived