[Drama 2011] Indomitable Daughters-in-Law 불굴의 며느리

Guest C51236

Guest bimbibap

I do agree that Shin Woo is on an express mission to get Young Sim to like him enough and to make it for the parents meeting at the end month. The President runs his household like a company by setting deadlines too.

A kiss like that will always result in a slap in return

As for Se Ryung, after having five miscarriages, I will also make that baby making machine speech too.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

epi 32

YE went to shin woo house and his mum mentioned he has a lady in mind and YE said out YS name. Of cos SW mum mistook YJ as SW gf.. YE was puzzled who this lady is.

YS & SW stranded at the island so they stayed overnite. ( not sure why and how they were not able to board the last boat) will wait the expert to fill up this portion :P Both were awkard being in the room after having rameum for dinner and not knowing what to do. YS said she will go out to look at the sea. SW followed suit and he wanted to give the necklace to YS since he missed the opportunity to do so in the day.

At the jetty SW gently hold YS shoulder recite a "poem" and kissed YS. I like the way SW hold YS face :wub: Will await for the detailed text of the poem.

Preview ...Next day SW asked YS why she is not using the necklace. SW starts his new post and being introduced in the office of cos YS was shocked to see him.

Guest fkamkar49

DarcyCollie user_popup.png

Thank you so much for the subs. It makes a huge difference when you understand what people say to each other rather than counting on your poor Korean and your imagination. 

I have a hard time to see where this story is taking us;

so the man who lost his wife will marry the ahjumma

and the boy show is actually his own brother grandchild will be his step son 

and the real mother of that boy is either going to marry his late wife real son or

his nephew?

Talking about life and fate!

DarcyCollie, Thank you, thank you, I just love all the recaps you do for us. I can foresee a bumpy roller coaster ride for

YS and SW especially when YS finds that SW is going to be the head of home shopping. Well at least the writer,

I think, will keep us happy. Thanks again!!!

DarcyCollie *quoted image*

Thank you so much for the subs. It makes a huge difference when you understand what people say to each other rather than counting on your poor Korean and your imagination. 

and the real mother of that boy is either going to marry his late wife real son or

his nephew?

ehhh ... did you mix up your dramas and thread?  What you've described doesn't sound like this drama.  For one thing, there's no little boy in this drama.  Just a little girl.  I think Carmeggadon made you house-bound and you watched too many dramas for the last few days.  LOL  :lol:

DarcyCollie *quoted image*

his nephew?

Ha ha Auntie Mame you're right! This is referring to MLBMS which of course I knew, and the subber is referring to baduy again something I knew. So what's my excuse, because I am no where near the 405-carmageddon yet I read the post as if it was perfectly fine. blush.gif

Ha ha Auntie Mame you're right! This is referring to MLBMS which of course I knew, and the subber is referring to baduy again something I knew. So what's my excuse, because I am no where near the 405-carmageddon yet I read the post as if it was perfectly fine. *quoted image*

hmmmm  ... I don't know about the two of you.   You seem to be on drama overload.  LOL!  And, I didn't know what drama kamkar described because I'm not watching MLBMS.  But, I knew that she wasn't describing this one.  hahahaha  :w00t:

I can hardly wait for the translation of whatever SW said to YS when they were on the island . . . just before the kiss. Now this is one drama where 'SURPRISE!' is appropriate.  (My jab at 'Manny'.) 

BTW, does anyone know the story on YJ's colleague, who is a single father?  It seems like he and YJ may end up together.  :huh:

Guest fkamkar49

All I can say is rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllth_dalai-lama-laughing-hands.jpg

ehhh ... did you mix up your dramas and thread?  What you've described doesn't sound like this drama.  For one thing, there's no little boy in this drama.  Just a little girl.  I think Carmeggadon made you house-bound and you watched too many dramas for the last few days.  LOL  :lol:

All I can say is rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllsweatingbullets.gifwub.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

...BTW, does anyone know the story on YJ's colleague, who is a single father?  It seems like he and YJ may end up together.  :huh:

Auntie Mame

sorry to cut up your post.

He's a widow, his wife passed away after giving birth to the baby, and the landlady (or someone staying nearby) is taking care of the baby while he works.

and the other guy, Head of Kitchen kept stressing the point that he's still a virgin.

:rolleyes:

Some scenes from episode 32 (a lot of dialog here but I wanted to capture SW and YS's interaction when SW acknowledges his feelings for YS to her):

SW: We almost missed the boat.

YS: Sorry, it's because I overslept. But, where is our manager and the others?

SW: It's just the two of us.

YS: What do you mean it's just the two of us.

SW: The outing got cancelled.

YS: Eh?

SW: Actually, I received word from the manager that the outing was being cancelled, but I didn't tell you that because I didn't want to forgo this opportunity to be outdoors.

YS: How can you make such decisions by yourself?

SW: What? You mean you don't want to grant my wish? You really are lacking in compassion. Isn't that overdoing it for partners like us?

YS: Still, no matter what, you should have told me the truth.

SW: Let's visit the ocean, have some lunch and return. 2 hours should be plenty, is that even too much? Once I leave the call center, I don't know when I'll be returning. Are the 2 hours that precious? Aren't you being too selfish with me?

YS: Petulant like a child again. Alright, let's visit the ocean, have some lunch and then go back.

They then use one of the snacks that they had purchased to feed the seagulls.

Back at SW's house:

MJ: I was worried when I called a few times and there was no answer.

JE: Actually, I was rejected by SW. So, it felt rather awkward answering your calls. And, it may have made it uncomfortable for SW as well.

MJ: Since we had originally met without SW being involved, let's just remain close as we had before.

JE: Were you also aware of what had happened between us?

MJ: It seems that he had told his father that he was interested in a woman.

JE: He talked about Oh Young Shim?

MJ: Who is Oh Young Shim?

JE: That woman you met at the Haejang Soup restaurant.

MJ: That widow?

JE: Yes.

MJ: That's sheer nonsense. My SW said that it wasn't her, without a doubt. I overheard him talking on the phone with her and I think he called her Yun Jung.

JE: Yun Jung?

MJ: I didn't hear it clearly so I'm not certain, but I think that's what he called her. With such a nice girl like you beside him, I wonder what kind of a girl he's going to bring.

MJ tells JE that SW is gone for the day on a company outing, which is a surprise to JE.

SW: I didn't have any breakfast. Now I'm starving. Let's have lunch first.

YS: We should first check on the boat schedule.

SW: It runs every hour, so don't worry.

(While walkng on a path)

SW: It's nice to be out once in a while, isn't it?

YS: That's true. The fresh ocean air clears the head.

SW: See? Aren't you glad you listened to me?

YS: You certainly have to hand it to you.

SW: With work and the restaurant, 24 hours in a day isn't long enough. You have to give yourself a break like this once in a while.

YS: Thanks to you, I get to enjoy such things.

SW: If you're that grateful, you can buy lunch.

(At the restaurant patio)

YS: I can roast them.

SW: Ah, I'll do it. You just have to eat them. This one is nicely cooked, eat this. It's hot, so let it cool first. Why do you look at me like that?

YS: When I first met you, I never even dreamed that you would be this warm and introspective like this.

SW: At that moment, I couldn't be warm even if I wanted to be to an ahjumma that I had never seen before hopped into my car and resorted to violence.

YS: Who resorted to violence?

SW: Then, what was it? Swearing, refusing to leave, demanding that I take her to Seoul. And, when I first saw you at the beach with a bottle of soju, I thought you were completely crazy.

YS: What?

SW: Anyway, my first impression of you was an instant distaste.

YS: Look who's talking. You for one was completely distasteful.

SW: We now have some memorable moments between us.

YS: I guess it's because we're at the ocean but the seafood is really fresh. Don't just cook them, you should eat them too. Here, have this.

JW calls SR, wanting to have some tea with her. But she tells him that she's meeting a friend and can't meet with him. She's actually meeting with her lawyer and reviewing the records for her divorce. The lawyer tells her that if they can prove that he's been unfaithful in their marriage, he can get at least 50% of the family's wealth. She tells him not to worry as she will gather that evidence herself (I think she has that covered already).

SW and YS are back at the dock and asking the time of the next boat. But, because of a extremely high waves, all boat trips have been cancelled for the day.

SW: I didn't have any idea that it was going to be like this either. Think about it. How could I possibly have foreseen high waves? Now that I think about it, this is rather upsetting. Are you implying that I planned all this?

YS: I guess only your conscience would know the answer to that.

SW: So, in anticipation of all this, I purposefully came here with only you, knowing in advance that the boats would be cancelled. What do you take me for? Is that what you're really thinking?

YS: So, why did you lie to me and get us into this mess? We wouldn't be in this situation is you had told me the truth in the first place. Oh, I don't know! Grandmother and mother would be worried if they knew. What do I do?

SW: I guess they're spot on when they say that you can never know a women's mind. It wasn't long ago that you were talking about the wonderful ocean air. Capricious, fickle!

YS: I didn't know about the boat before.

SW: Am I trying to gobble you up? Why are you overacting like this? It's not like you're in highschool but an over-30 ahjumma. Given the situation, we can enjoy the ocean air, stay overnight and return early next morning. What's so disastrous about it? In fact, it's beginning to feel quite unfair.

(It seems that they managed to rent some rooms)

SW: I'll be in the next room, so call me if there's anything wrong.

YS: Ok, I got it.

SW: Why don't we take advantage and go out to enjoy the ocean and take a walk. It's a shame to sit in a room when we don't often get an opportunity like this.

YS: I'm tired. Wheter I take a walk or not, you go and do whatever you want to do. (After she pushes SW out the door, she calls home to tell them that she can't get home until the next day because of high waves.)

Hye Ja answers a call on Soon Jung's phone and it's Sang Woo's mother calling. SJ intercepts and tells her mom that Sang Woo is a senior who keeps bothering her despite her lack of interest and that he must have gotten his mother to call her on his behalf. Disaster is averted, but cute Vivienne arrives to rub her belly and sing a lullaby. SJ is horrified and makes sure that Vivienne hasn't told the others and gets her to make a promise to keep the baby a secret.

Yun Jung is talking with Sang Woo's mother, telling her to keep away. She agrees to sign a contract and is overheard by her single-dad colleague about the baby growing inside her. He naturally assumes that YJ is pregnant and proceeds to be protective of her. He quotes "Every child born into the world has value - Charles Dickens" (I think Dicken's quote is "Every baby born into the world is a finer one than the last"). He wants her to depend on him whenever she has any problems or needs a lending hand. This only fosters more jealousy from the other worker.

SW manages to acquire a farm tractor with some training, and convinces YS to go for a drive (resulting in some hilarious but potentially dangerous driving along the country road, with YS managing to bite her tongue while wanting to take over the driving herself). They finally manage to get to the beach.

YS: It's really pretty. It almost looks like a movie scene.

SW: Here I've brought you to a beautiful place. You're regretting all those mean things you said to me before, aren't you?

YS: At first it was because I panicked. I'm sorry.

SW: I'm being patient because of you. If it was anyone else, you would have never seen my face again.

YS: The ocean has always been a sad place for me, but thanks to you, I can create such wonderful memories like this. I lived in an church orphanage until high school. Whenever I got into trouble with the head nun or the other kids bothered me, I use to run to the ocean and cry. Maybe that's why whenever I faced any hardship, I always sought the ocean. When I first met you, I was at the beach after fighting with my husband over the divorce that he wanted and that I didn't want. I guess there is a day when the ocean brings me such good feelings. Thank you for giving me this experience.

SW: All the bad memories that you have inside of you, I'll take responsibility and remove them one by one. So, don't think of anything else and rely on me.

(As SW takes out a jewelery box out of his coat pocket)

YS: Oh, I guess it's time for dinner. My stomach is empty and growling. Let's go and eat.

SW: You've gotta give her credit for knowing how to ruin the mood.

YS: Should I drive back?

SW: Are you looking down on my ability? Do you know that I took 2 hours of training learning how to operate and drive this thing?

YJ and SJ are at Mr Coffee's cafe with Sang Woo's mom, putting their stamp on the contract. The mom, however, demands the stamp of two other witnesses in order to be sure that YJ and SJ won't go back on their word. At the mom's harsh words, Mr Coffee can't stand by any more and tells her that he can no longer tolerate her unacceptable behavior. When the mom asks who is he to interfere, he tells her that he is their GoMoBoo (maternal aunt's husband) and pushes her out the door, just as Geum Shil walks in the door. She, of course, wrongly interprets that as him wanting to have that role.

JW comes across Hye Won who is waiting for the bus. He gives her a drive and puts his arm across her as they have to do an abrupt stop because of a car in front of them. Somehow all these pictures are taken of the two and immediately sent to SR on her cell phone (miracle of kdrama and technology).

SR: That's right, let's provide that evidence of infidelity. I'm also sick and tired of living this life.

In YS's room, making ramyun noodles for dinner:

SW: Ah, I wanted to go to a fancy place for dinner.

YS: You're be unemployed in a few days. You have to save wherever you can and not do everything that catches your fancy.

SW: But, we've come such a long distance, Isn't ramyun a little too much?

YS: You'll put an egg in?

SW: No. I don't put eggs in my ramyun.

YS: Oh? I always put one in mine.

SW: After the drive that I took you on, shouldn't you at least give in on the egg?

YS: A drive is a drive and an egg is an egg. Alright, I'll give you this one. I'll forgo the egg.

(SW cracks an egg into the pot)

YS: I thought you weren't going to put it in.

SW: Make sure you remember it. I went as far as to give in on the egg just for you.

(Very sweet moments of sharing a pot of ramyun, including butting heads as they lean over to eat it, although he's so busy watching her, I don't think he's aware of what he's actually eating.)

After washing up, he asks what they should do next. She suggests going to sleep because she's tired (he says it's not even 9 PM), some cards (he says that he doesn't play such unwholesome games), and finally some arm flapping ?? game (he asks whether they're on a high school field trip).

SW: Shall we drink some beer?

YS: I'm not going to drink any alcohol. Never again.

SW: Why? Are you afraid that you'll reveal everything like the last time?

YS: You don't think I know that you made that up?

SW: Wow, how can you make such an accusation? I should have taken a video of that.

(Somoe more awkward moments....)

YS: Ah, I guess I'll take a look at the ocean. You do whatever you want.

At the dock:

SW: Aren't you cold? The ocean air can be cold.

YS: Oh, I'm so sleepy. I guess I'll head in and go to sleep. I was just about to head back. The ocean at night is a beautiful sight, enjoy the view.

(SW grabs her as she's about to leave.)

YS: What are you doing?

SW: I wanted to say this eloquently, but I can't think of how to do it. I'll just say it truthfully. I...I've fallen for you. When, where, how did I fall for you? I don't know. It just happened. At some point, I wanted to see you. At some point, I only thought of you. At somepoint, my heart ached when you cried. But, when that point in time is, I really can't say. I think that love came to me long before I realized it.

YS: What are you saying? I'm not a woman that suits you.

SW: That's alright. I just have to suit you. All you have to do is trust me and follow me, never letting go of my hand.

(And with that, we have our first sweet kiss, although a wide-eyed one for YS. And, who isn't envious of SW's eyelashes? I sure am.) :wub::):wub::):wub:

OH YEAH!  DaracyCollie gave me exactly what I wanted.  The conversation at the beach ... which continues tomorrow!  (Big sigh!)  THANK YOU!

I must say that the SW character is written very attractively for a male character.  And, the chemistry between YS and SW is just great.  Their bantering and their watching over each other are so much fun to watch.  The world should leave them alone; to enjoy complete bliss.  :D

... and it's a crime that those eyelashes are on a guy, when women have to obtain it artificially.  :P

Guest bimbibap

SW: I wanted to say this eloquently, but I can't think of how to do it. I'll just say it truthfully. I...I've fallen for you. When, where, how did I fall for you? I don't know. It just happened. At some point, I wanted to see you. At some point, I only thought of you. At some point, my heart ached when you cried. But, when that point in time is, I really can't say. I think that love came to me long before I realized it. .....

SW: That's alright. I just have to suit you. All you have to do is trust me and follow me, never letting go of my hand.

I will vote that this as one of the best love declaration of this year list of k-dramas.

Guest fkamkar49

SW: I wanted to say this eloquently, but I can't think of how to do it. I'll just say it truthfully. I...I've fallen for you. When, where, how did I fall for you? I don't know. It just happened. At some point, I wanted to see you. At some point, I only thought of you. At some point, my heart ached when you cried. But, when that point in time is, I really can't say. I think that love came to me long before I realized it. .....

I will vote that this as one of the best love declaration of this year list of k-dramas.

I do not agree with you I think my hubby proposal was the most romantic one if I remember it right after all these years:

He said " Let us move in together and not to pay two rents, and it is better to file for couple taxes so let us just get married"

I was in 7 heaven when he said it. wub.gifrolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

we are together now for the same reason for 35 years. 

You've got my vote on the beautifully worded profession of love.  And, I don't blame YS for looking like a 'deer in the headlights' because I'm sure she didn't see this coming.  And, I thought she was going faint when SW walked in as the new head of the call center.   She is going to be so mad at him for his deception. :lol:

More conversation in ep. 33 between SW and YS.  One of the things I really like is the way SW and YS talk to each other.  They talk like regular people.  They don't whine, argue or yell.  (At least, so far.)  :phew:

BTW, that necklace is really her style.  She's not the flowery or gaudy type.  A straight line of small diamonds is so appropriate for her.  The boy already knows her taste.  ;)

As for the vixen, does she really have elephant hide?  She knows that SW knows about her affair with a married man, right?  Any person in his/her right mind would quietly stay away from him.  But, she's still pursuing him?!!  What gives with her?!  :crazy:

And, Vivienne was the cutest thing today with JW and the other kids.  :wub:

... darn, no preview for ep. 34.

Guest shondrea2

I absolutely love this part especially when SW says never letting go of my hand. In the drama Que Sera Sera there is a song called Two Hands. By Kang Hyun Min. I wish I knew how to add link to the song with eng subs. If anyone is interest in hearing or adding it here PLEASE DO!!! it is so fitting for the way SW is feeling . I know that Dramabeans ep 11 have eng translations. and it could also be here in the forum . I would have to say that Que Sera Sera is a wonderful drama maybe not for everyone, but I absolutely love it !! The soundtrack is great. You can find the drama at Dramacrazy and Mysujo.

You know what, there is always a character in K-dramas that is totally driven by an obsession (shopping host). I guess SW thought he had reached first base at

the end of their trip (ep.32). After Ep.33, it looks like he might be back at square one. YS is sure a difficult one to convince, can't blame her, after what dead

cheater did and said to her. Something tells me there is going to be more angst before we see any smooth sailing among all the couples.

Can't wait for recaps for ep. 33.

Archived