[Drama 2011] Indomitable Daughters-in-Law 불굴의 며느리

Guest C51236

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auntie Mame you got me.

I need some clarification: the two girls that share a room are sisters and the daughters of DIL#2, with the grandma being #1 and YS being #3. GS is the daughter of #1, but does she have any children? HW the one that owes all the money is who's DIL?

Things that bother me so far, DIL #3 why does she keep taking crap off of the richard simmons host? Why is she still working that second job? Why does the hotel president lie to his wife for no reason, when she asked about the handkerchief why could he not say what happen, it was innocent and also the type of thing anyone would do. The same when the mom jumped in his car, why did he think this was something he could not tell his wife?

I loved how the chef boxed the cheating boyfriend, but she should have did it in front of everyone, because the girl he was marrying was not innocent, she knew that he was involved with him from the birthday.

Moon Se-Jin I think he picks on the elder son because he is too soft, he never fights back no matter the reason.The mother clearly hates the DIL,but that could be a class issue.

Coffee shop guy I don't like, he act's as if GS is a bother but he does is look annoyed. He is not very forceful in letting his feelings be known to her. She thinks he just trying to play hard to get. From the start when she took over passing out the free coffee, all had to do was stop her and let her know that he does not want her help, more than likely she would not have come back. What he does is look at her like she's crazy and mumble to himself.

YS is better than me when her husband cheated and made it clear that he was choosing the other woman, I would have beat it back to that hotel and made a copy of every time they went to a room, Since she did not do that she needs to get JE told once and for all, but I also can't see her with SW he just looks to young for her, and wasn't that a picture of HW that he was carrying in his wallet.

I would also love to see JW wife get rid of JE,before she leaves, from their first meeting you tell she does not like her. I think the drama will be about the two families so I don't think the two evil doer's are necessary to the story.

Yay!   DaracyCollie is on board with us and has given us more tidbits!

@IBELIS:  We're all caught in a drama, for which none of us have answers to a load of questions. I don't I know if I have answers to half  of  your questions.   That's the irony and the funniest part of this thread!  We're all lost, but we're all watching!!  :w00t:

My guess is that, in the beginning, 13thG DIL worked the second job to earn extra money to help with paying the loansharks.  But, now, she's working to to retrieve Halmoni's (11thG DIL) jewelry, which was sold to partially pay the loansharks. 

According to the the correlation chart that is on the first page, halmoni is the 11thG DIL.  And, Honey Lee and the pregnant college student are sisters and the daughters of 12thG DIL.  And, the one working as the hotel maid is the daughter-in-law of the 12thG DIL.

And Honey Lee's character and SW do know each other from before he went to study in the U.S.  And, he was looking at her picture.  But, I don't know what kind of relationship they had before.  It doesn't seem like they headed to be a couple or anything.  :huh:

I'm also hoping that this drama doesn't veer into "Stupid Land".  Fantasy Land can be okay.  Even Tomorrow Land is okay.  But, Space Mountain is where I'll get off ...   :lol:

These are the highlights that I noticed in episode 23:

- 1st DIL of QG (Se Ryung) again asks 2nd DIL of 12 gen DIL (Han Hye Won) not to tell her husband that the two know each other. Hye Won, not aware that the nice man Jin Woo is the husband, tell SR that she hasn't met the president yet. SR wonders whether HW is lying or whether she's really unaware of the fact. (Oh, and in the last episode, Se Ryung was on the phone with her family's lawyer and told him that she will be pursuing a divorce)

- 1st DIL of 12 gen DIL (Oh Young Shim) tries to put some distance between herself and Shin Woo. She has realized that her casual and friendly treatment of Shin Woo may be misinterpreted and wants to change their interaction. Shin Woo is like a lost puppy who misses the special care from Young Shim and he does whatever he can to get her to pay attention to him (including a headache from not eating lunch when she stopped bringing it for him). On noticing that her purse had a hole, he goes to buy a very expensive brand name purse (overseen by shopping host Im Ji Eun where she hears that he's buying it for his mid-30s girlfriend) but pretends that it's something he received from a friend while he was doing him a favor. Even then, Young Shim only accepts it when Shin Woo threatens to throw it away.

- Shin Woo's mom, Hyun Myung Joo, goes to Jin Woo's office for a lunch date and sees the little girl Viviana and comments about how she looks so much like Jin Woo and wonders if he had her outside of the marriage. He vehemently denies it, indicating that Viviana is a daughter of an employee. Myung Joo then laments about the lack of a child.

- 12th DIL (Cha Hye Ja) bumps into Myung Joo, to her great surprise. At first Myung Joo denies knowing her, but finally relents and pulls Hye Ja aside for a talk. It appears that Myung Joo took (stole) a large amount of money from Hye Ja over 40 years ago and was never seen again. Myung Joo tries to deny that it was a theft but comments that the statue of limitation has been exceeded since it took place over 40 years ago (didn't realize there was a limitation on theft cases), and then runs away for dear life with her shoe in hand.

- Preview: It looks like the cat is out of the bag and Myung Joo comes to show Young Shim what she thinks of her trying to entice her son. Doesn't look pretty. And Shin Woo asks Young Shim whether she ever considered him in any other light than as a friend.

Note: all these DIL's reference is getting confusing so I think I'll just stick with their names in the future.

Guest sweetkiss

^^ i'm joining this thread! my mom got me hooked on watching this and now i'm addicted >_< i'm kind of confused though cuz I didn't start from the beginning xD I started watching from like episode 12 or something so I'm not 100% sure on the backstory. I might go back and rewatch the first few episodes depending xD

I'll try to help recap for those that aren't able to understand?

YS = Young Shim, SW = Shin Woo, JW = Jin Woo

SR = Se Ryung, HW = Hye Won, YJ = Yeon Jung,

MJ = Myung Jin, JE = Ji Eun, SJ = Soon Jung

Episode 20:

YS helps treat SW after he falls. He asks her why she's money crazy all of a sudden and she explains that her brother-in-law's went bankrupt and borrowed from loan sharks and that's why she started the second job. He tells her that she's being used. He's upset saying that they're using her to get money and working her at the house too even though her husbands dead. She says they don't know that she's working this second job. He doesn't understand why she's suffering for people that's totally unrelated to her. She explains that even apart from her husband, her in-laws are forever her family. The lady who owns the store comes in after getting a massage and sees them together and asks if they're dating. YS laughs at the idea while the boss lady tells her that dating younger guys is very popular and she laughs it off saying that doesn't make sense. MS when he takes her home is annoyed saying that if people mistake them for dating he should be the one offended not her. SW goes home and sees JW drinking alone and says its a relief that dad didn't let them move out saying that he hates imagining JW drinking by himself alone in a house. He thinks about how YS beat that guy with a tray and laughs. The next day HW starts her first day of work as a room maid. She works at the same hotel as YJ. SR picks out the tie for JW saying she feels like something good will happen to her husband today. YS gets a package. It's the frying pan she ordered because there were so many returns so she wanted to see for herself why. SJ meets her boyfriend who tells her that he thought about it and thinks she should get an abortion. MJ goes to pick up JE and sees SW with YS on the way around. She mentions that YS is a widow and she's spending a lot of time with SW which isn't good. HW takes a break and calls her daughter and JW is in the room and sees her and is friendly. JW goes to his office and asks for HW personnel file while SR thinks that her husband probably met HW about now.

SW visits YS at her second job again and she gets him to help her by offering to pay him for 5000won. (~$5). He takes her home and give her a kiss on the forehead.

awwww kekekek sorry i dunno if thats a good enough recap. I dunno that all my recaps are gonna be this detailed. if you have any questions though feel free to ask! ^_^

Guest sweetkiss

EP 21 Recap:

YS stirs when SW kisses her forehead and he backs away, pretending to have nodded off. She tells him to drive safe and not fall asleep while driving. SW berates himself for acting the way he did. And she calls him wondering if he got back safely. YS tries out the frying pan. HW comes out to take some medicine cuz she couldn't sleep from her first day of work. YJ comes back and HW asks if she knows JW by describing him and she realizes she doesn't know his name. JW is checking HW's personnel file when his wife calls and he says he'll be back late. MJ comes down and sees the soup that SW brought back last night and asks everybody whose it is before SW says its his. Dad says he wants some soup for old times sake. MJ asks SW about YS, saying she heard from JE that she's a widow. He explains it's a colleague and MJ tells SW not to hang out with her anymore stating she's taking preventive measures so weird rumors don't circulate. He says ok and JW gives him a look. Viviana wants to follow her mom to work, crying saying she'll be bored without her mom. The aunts try to bribe her but she's unconsolable, crying she hates her mom. SW gets a call from a friend who wants to invite him on a blind date. He tells YS and she says that's good. he's handsome so he'll be popular. He asks if thats what she really thinks. She doesn't feel anything. She nods, telling him to do well. He asks if that's all she has to say to him. And she looks at him asking if she is supposed to say something else? He gets all huffy lol YJ confronts her coworker about what he said to her when he drank. She asks how he knows and he says he saw her in the bathroom that day. She tells him to keep it a secret which is when her boss comes in on them. HJ goes to visit GS at her hair salon but no one's there. She's at SN's coffee shop, bothering him and runs over. MJ calls SW telling him she wants to go on a date with him. YS comes back and he tells her that it's his friend calling about a blind date. She tells him to do well. He asks her if she doesn't feel sad and she asks what. He says: If I get a girlfriend then i can't help you at the restaurant or drive you home after work will you be ok? She says she can't think only of herself since its a good thing for him. He asks if she really means it and says ok and puts on his headset. JW is going through the hotel when he hears yelling. HW is getting yelled at by a customer for answering his phone. He's upset since his wife could misunderstand that he's cheating on her. The manager explains that she's new so she didn't know. HW offers to meet the wife and explain. She goes into the other room and cries when JW sees her. He gives her a handkerchief mentioning that he seems to be lending her a handkerchief everytime he sees her. She cries and says that she'll prolly get fired if her boss finds out. He tells her that won't happen since he will understand that people make mistakes at first. SW is waiting for JE and tells her that he knows his mother is trying to hook them up. He says to pretend they had dinner and she asks if he finds eating dinner with her burdensome and he replies that it does. He takes her home and she offers him a cup of tea but he declines. JW waits for HW after work. He tells her evyerone makes mistakes and that he gets in trouble by his boss everyday too. YS's boss leaves saying she has a back problem while SW gets worried about YS. He goes to the store and she faints from exhaustion. he finds her and takes her to the hospital. He gets upset that she's not taking care of herself and when she gets up to leave he tells her she can't go anywhere until she finishes her treatemnet.

Guest sweetkiss

EP 22 RECAP

The whole familys waiting up for YS cuz she didn't return and it was 2am. She fell asleep at the hospital with SW. She goes home and gets scolded by the grandmother who says that they were all worried. SW goes home and his mom thinks he woke up early for a morning jog. He asks the maid to make some porridge so he can take it to a sick co-worker. JW is getting ready and his wife asks about the Pororo sticker on his wallet. He lies and says one of the workers brought his son and got it. Viviana takes her mom's shoes cuz she doesn't want her to go to work or wanting to follow her mom to work. GS stops by SN's coffee shop as her daily tradition. He hides from her and she gets a phone call from her ex-husband. She yells at him and tells him to stop calling her since she has a new man whose a barista lol One of the coworkers goes to YS and mentions that she must have stayed out all night since her family called in around 2am asking about her. YS says she had some stuff to do so she went back late. SW comes and asks if she got scolded a lot by the elders. She says a little and thanks him for yesterday. The coworker overhears. He gives her some herbal medicine and tells her to take it on time. She thanks him and says she will repay him. He says she promised. JW gives HW coffee on her break time and she returns his handkerchiefs. He leaves and she thinks how happy JW's wife must be to have a husband like him. SR calls lawyer kim thanking him for helping with her parents. She wants to meet him saying she's going to get divorced soon. JE tells MJ that she didn't get to eat with SW, saying she feels like he likes someone else. MJ says there's no way and if there was, she would stop it. SW pours YS the porridge saying the ajumma (maid) cooks well. She asks ajumma? And he covers up saying the boarding house ajumma where he's staying. She tries it and she compliments how delicious it is. Other coworkers come in and ask to try some and she gives them each a bite. He looks grumpy that she's sharing lol SJ meets her boyfriend and he says he's so relieved that she decided to abort it. She talks about how she went to the library and read how at this stage, the baby's eyes, nose, lips are all formed and can feel what the mom feels. She says it's killing and she knows it'll be hard but she thinks they should try. He argues that he doesn't want to ruin his life because of one mistake. He continues that he did like her but he never even thought of having a baby and living with her. She cries and walks home and sees Viviana waiting for her mom at the bus stop. annoying coworker tattles to JE about how SW & YS both stayed out together and JE calls out YS to tell her to stay away from him. YS is dumbfounded and asks JE is she his wife to tell her to stay away. JE says if SW's parents knew that he was dating an old widow they would flip so it's best to end it now. She gets mad and says she never thought about it but hearing it put like that she will try to get SW. He comes up behind them and asks what they are doing. LOL YS tells her not to bother her with this again. SW asks JE what's going on. YS goes to work and afterward, SW is waiting for her outside. She tells him to leave and she'll take the bus. He tells her that he'll give her the chance to attract him and she gets mad and walks away. He promises not to tease her anymore and she almost gets run over by some drunk guy on the street and he tells her that it's because she wouldn't let him take her home. She tells him to stop being nice to her because it's making people misunderstand and she has to hear things like an old widow is trying to seduce a young bachelor. He says to tell them that the young bachelor is trying to seduce the old widow. She asks if he's joking. He asks where all that confidence from before went. She says that she only said that before cuz she was mad. And to stop joking. She walks off. Next day at breakfast MJ comments how he worked late again last night and to take it easy. The dad says to give the herbal medicine to the younger son. MJ tells the ajumma to bring some and ajumma says how SW took the whole box. SW says he didn't know it was dad's so he took the whole box and took it to work. The dad says it's fine and that it found its rightful owner. THe mom says that they should get a box for JW too. JW says hes fine cuz he exercises. The dad says JW doesn't need any cuz he doesn't do anything anyway. MJ gets mad and dad says ok then. YJ tells SJ to wake up and sees the book she's reading about pregnancy and asks what it's about. SJ says it's for a class she took. SW goes to work and greets YS but she's cold. He asks if she's decided not to make eye contact. She replies that it's better to not be so close as to avoid rumors.

OMG!!!   I haven't been on since yesterday and came back to this fantastic miracle of having more than one generous person sharing recaps with us!  :o

Welcome sweetkiss!  Thank you so much for sharing with us.  As we've always said to DaracyCollie and all the other generous benefactors, we welcome any tidbits, no matter how long or short, great or small.    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!   :D

Now, I've got to catch up on reading the new entries!  After which, I'll be back to comment.  :D

Yes!  The two conversations that I was most interesting in were between YS and her husbands mistress, where  SW overheard, and between SW and YS when she refused to let him take her home that night.

Wow!  This boy moves fast!  A kiss (even though it's only the forehead) and the 'seed' of a confession in the discussion of who is seducing who. And, he's already fought a drunk for her.  (Even though he lost to the drunk, who lost to YS.)  He's already rushed her to the hospital and stayed by her side, all night. 

Gee, by next week, he'll be dragging her to buy couple's shirt/jacket and go to the amusement park to wear funny headgear.  :w00t:

I do have to give him credit for having the most adorable puppy eyes.  No one in their right mind can turn him down.  :wub:

Guest sweetkiss

seeing auntie mames post, i decided to update some of the other characters name that i forgot to fully unabbreviate ^^""

BGM.jpg

OMG!  At the end of ep. 24, SW told YS that he likes her.  Now, starts the roller-coaster ride for the next 75 episodes.  :wacko:

Vivienne is soo cute.  And, Jin Woo is so cute when he is with her.  I feel bad for him.  He gets no emotional support or love from anyone in his family.  Vivienne is the only bright light in his life.  :(

Archived