[Drama 2011] The Princess' Man 공주의 남자

Guest chancy426

I actually just bought the OST. The songs are so moving. I'll re-watch the drama so that I can appreciate the music and the words that are being sung now that I know the translation.

From what I understand, One Day of Love is SY's song. I didn't know that. I thought it was both SY and SR's song. The words to all the tracks are very moving and they fit the romance between SY and SR very well. They all speak of their deep abiding love, till death do us part, love.

By the way, I read something interesting in the comments section for TPM on another drama site. Apparently the poem that SR wrote while sitting at the stream with SY was taken from an old Chinese poem. The words where she asks, "What is Affection?"

It seems that the poet was on a journey one day and came upon a hunter who was looking confused. He asked the hunter what was wrong and the hunter told him that he's been puzzling over a strange incident that he had just witnessed. The incident was that he had caught a goose in his trap and before he took it out to kill it, there was another goose circling above his head looking at what was going. The hunter said that when he killed the goose that he took from his trap, the other goose that was circling above the scene immediately took a dive into the ground killing itself.

The poet was moved by this and decided to buy the two geese from the hunter. He took the dead geese and buried them together on the bank near a river. The poet then proceeded to write a poet about that demonstration of love...the love that grants life and death to each other. Or rather, the love that is shared in life and death. The commenter also said that the poet was created some years before the time of The Princess Man.

Anyway, I think it was great that the writers of TPM used that poem as the basis of SY and SR's love.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest handongmi

I really miss this drama.. I'll definitely watch it again this summer break.

Omo.. I can't help but fall in love more and more with TPM!! :)

TPM fighting!..

Haha! I miss it too and I miss it even more now that I just got the OST. The songs are so beautiful and sad. My favorites are: 1. Waiting for You (I think this is more from Se Ryeong's perspective) 2. If The Day Comes 3. One Day of Love (from Seung yoo's perspective) 4. Goodbye My Love 5. Missing You 6. I Love You Too The ballad "Waiting For You" is so powerful and sad especially because it talks about Se Ryeong's feelings of having to live without Seung Yoo after she was told he died. The words of the song pretty much echo the way she lived in the drama after that bad news. Her mother even told her that she had grown haggard. So every time I listen to this song and it talks about how SR is living in the world without SY and living isn't really like living for her because she's fixed on SY...like she's waiting for him...it just really touches me.

• 1 month later...

class="entry-title" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"credit http://parksihoo4u.com/2013/04/10/tpm-wins-bronze-at-nytv-festival/ class="entry-title" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"TPM wins Bronze at NYTV FestivalPosted on 2013/04/10 9:15 am by H.A.T.

2013.04.10       09:40       News report

New York TV Festival: “The Princess’s Man” wins ‘Bronze Award’

KBS “The Princess’s Man”, which was aired in 2011, was awarded the Bronze statue of the mini-series division at the 2013 New York Television Festival Awards.

According to KBS report on April 10, many global TV and media representatives participated in the New York Television Festival Awards 2013, held at 7:00 pm (local time) on April 9, Las Vegas, U.S.A., and KBS won 3 awards.  The KBS program “KBS Special “Kim Jong-Il” received a silver medal in Current Affairs, ”Icarus’s Dream” received a bronze in Sports & Recreation, and “The Princess’ Man” won the Bronze statue of the mini-series division.

This is the 55th year of the New York TV Festival which features comprehensive TV including news, documentary, drama, entertainment, international awards competition in 2013, with more than 50 countries participating.  It has a history of global authority and the New York TV Festival award categories reflect the latest trends and continue its efforts at development.

“The Princess’s Man” is a fictional drama based on historical facts.  It is a work about the transcendental greatness of the love between a man and a woman of two warring families which overcomes everything.  Park Si Hoo who plays Kim Seung Yoo and Moon Chae Won who plays Lee Se Ryung are recognized for their outstanding performance on the international stage, including the award of the Seoul International Drama Awards.

(Giza tongil77@sportsworldi.com hanjunho)

(Source: http://www.cifft.com/MemberDetail.aspx?FESID=1http://news.nate.com/view/20130410n06931)

(Credits: http://news.nate.com.  Thanks!  English translation by H.A.T.)

even after (nearly) 2 years, TPM is winning an award.  last year it won an award in Singapore and now, NY.  waaah!!!!!!!!!!! i am really happy that it is gaining more popularity internationally.  TPM fighting!!!!!

Guest joksu

TPM is my favorite drama. I'm so happy for this international award. Thumbs up to the writers, director, and the actors and actresses. Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How much… how much pain have you endured? I cannot imagine how you could bear such a terrible pain. If by taking away my life,your pain can be healed. Even a thousand,a million times,I am willing to die.

— Lee Se-ryeong (The Princess’ Man)
Emma-Stone.gif

• 2 weeks later...

after being non-resgister silent reader for 1 year, finally I'm registered member now.. and try NOT TO BE SILENT READER.. :D

today, I re-watching The Princess' Man.. even this drama was airing in 2011, I wacthed this drama in 2012 on my television..
but it's cut in the middle of episodes so I downloaded it from the internet..
It has been 1 year, but those impression still the same as I watched it at the first time..
I love the actors and actress, I love the hanbook, I love the story, and I loooooooove the soundtrack..

I'm from Indonesia, so I'm sorry for my bad english..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived