SM Entertainment Audition (2011 - 2012?)

_RaiN_

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

I agree with you 100%, they should have a weekly audition place in China, Japan and they've already got one in America. So far they've done nothing much...and there hasn't been any big news about SM Entertainment itself, I don't think they've recruited any new trainees or anything and I herd they're going to debut a band called M1, I'm looking forward to that, but besides that, nothing is that interesting. 

i don't think they should have a weekly audition place in japan and china.. because even though they are asian, there aren't a lot of koreans there.. LOL.. there are a lot of koreans in the place where sm is holding weekly auditions in usa... LOL.. i don't think they are going to exclusively open a place where chinese or japanese can audition weekly it's TOO costly for such a small reward. i mean.. if they are looking specifically for osmeone chinese at the moment they would hold global auditions in china.. but year round sm is most likely just looking for koreans.

Guest whatisthiis

Doesn't matter if you're Korean or not, they're looking for other asians too... if they were looking for a place with "alot of Koreans" to hold weekly auditions, they'd just expand in Korean cities.

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

Doesn't matter if you're Korean or not, they're looking for other asians too... if they were looking for a place with "alot of Koreans" to hold weekly auditions, they'd just expand in Korean cities.

yes they are looking for other asians BUT koreans are the most important... this is kind of obvious.. no matter what people say, korean people can get away with more things than other asians when auditioning. chinese people have to be like PERFECT to get in, good looks, talent, personality EVERYTHING. but if you're korean it is okay if you are lacking in a few areas because korea will still be open to you. if you want korea to like you and you are not korean then you really have to be perfect. UNLESS they are specifically looking for a chinese person then obviously the judges would choose someone korean over someone chinese. there is already a weekly audition thing in seoul and sm has like "global" auditions annually or semiannually in different korean cities.. they can't really call it global though because they only have it in korea LOL. but oh well. if they wanted chinese people then they would hold these "global" auditions in china annually as well, but they dont. this proves that they favor koreans more.

Guest whatisthiis

yes they are looking for other asians BUT koreans are the most important... this is kind of obvious.. no matter what people say, korean people can get away with more things than other asians when auditioning. chinese people have to be like PERFECT to get in, good looks, talent, personality EVERYTHING. but if you're korean it is okay if you are lacking in a few areas because korea will still be open to you. if you want korea to like you and you are not korean then you really have to be perfect. UNLESS they are specifically looking for a chinese person then obviously the judges would choose someone korean over someone chinese. there is already a weekly audition thing in seoul and sm has like "global" auditions annually or semiannually in different korean cities.. they can't really call it global though because they only have it in korea LOL. but oh well. if they wanted chinese people then they would hold these "global" auditions in china annually as well, but they dont. this proves that they favor koreans more.

You do know they're debuting a boy group that's specifically assigned to debut in China... Look at f(x) Amber or SJ-M Henry; they arent what you call "perfect". They're trying to expand into different markets in Asia if you haven't noticed.

They do favor Koreans' more that I'll agree with you, but keep this in mind, they have higher expectations for the people who has a Korean ethnicity, but if you're not of the Korean culture then they'll let you slip on some of the expectations region. It's pretty obvious that they'll fix you up if you're not Korean (e.g your face is not what they want so they'll give you some bb cream to lighten it up) but if you're Korean they wont think that, they'll say, "OK I'm looking for a perfect Korean with talent!" they might go easier on the people with Korean ethnicity but take Victoria, Amber, Hang Geng, etc. for example they're from the Chinese background and they got accepted, because of their amazing talents, if you can dance, sing, act, etc. very well, you will have a good chance of getting into SM Entertainment! I have a passion for dancing (I pop, nothing else), and I'm going to audition! I'm willing to take my life to learn how to sing if they'll make me successful, because I always trust professionals cause they know what's right and what's wrong. 

So doesn't matter if you're Korean or not and if you're still Asian with amazing talent, then you have a chance to get into SM Entertainment. 

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

You do know they're debuting a boy group that's specifically assigned to debut in China... Look at f(x) Amber or SJ-M Henry; they arent what you call "perfect". They're trying to expand into different markets in Asia if you haven't noticed.

yeah, but they're main focus is korea. i just wrote, unless they are SPECIFICALLY looking for a chinese person, like for members in the boy group, then they will choose the korean. f(x) amber is a good rapper and her looks are very unique too.. she has the whole package.. whos henry? sorry i never heard of him.. im not a big suju fan.. wait time out wth who is henry? did they adda new member? LOL when? don;t they already have like 13? LOL

They do favor Koreans' more that I'll agree with you, but keep this in mind, they have higher expectations for the people who has a Korean ethnicity, but if you're not of the Korean culture then they'll let you slip on some of the expectations region. It's pretty obvious that they'll fix you up if you're not Korean (e.g your face is not what they want so they'll give you some bb cream to lighten it up) but if you're Korean they wont think that, they'll say, "OK I'm looking for a perfect Korean with talent!" they might go easier on the people with Korean ethnicity but take Victoria, Amber, Hang Geng, etc. for example they're from the Chinese background and they got accepted, because of their amazing talents, if you can dance, sing, act, etc. very well, you will have a good chance of getting into SM Entertainment! I have a passion for dancing (I pop, nothing else), and I'm going to audition! I'm willing to take my life to learn how to sing if they'll make me successful, because I always trust professionals cause they know what's right and what's wrong. 

So doesn't matter if you're Korean or not and if you're still Asian with amazing talent, then you have a chance to get into SM Entertainment. 

uhm, no.. koreans are the ones who do not need to be perfect. victoria is tall, pretty, dances well, nice, etc.. luna sings well, but her looks are not THAT great and many people think she complains too much and shes short.. koreans are the ones who can get away with things.. LOL. you really have to be perfect if you're not korean.. idk where you're getting your info. i'm not saying that non-koreans can't get in.. i'm saying that you have to be REAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY talented and RRRREEEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLY pretty and have a RRREEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLY good variety-like personality, and really good other stuff too.

uhm, no.. koreans are the ones who do not need to be perfect. victoria is tall, pretty, dances well, nice, etc.. luna sings well, but her looks are not THAT great and many people think she complains too much and shes short.. koreans are the ones who can get away with things.. LOL. you really have to be perfect if you're not korean.. idk where you're getting your info. i'm not saying that non-koreans can't get in.. i'm saying that you have to be REAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY talented and RRRREEEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLY pretty and have a RRREEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLY good variety-like personality, and really good other stuff too.

^Um...I don't believe that looks aren't such a big factor anymore, It's probably like 60% Looks and 40% talent now, I have no idea if this is true or not, but I've read that SM Entertainment is looking for people who are more talented in Dancing and have a descent voice for singing, it might be true or it might not be. But if that is the case then...I guess the dancers have a more better chance of getting in.

They're looking for poppers and hip hop dancing kind of style now, cause I don't really see them using bboy that much.

Well...you do know that is you're really talented it makes up for most of the looks. And if you have amazing looks and no talent then you're screwed. 

So having talent and descent looks is better than having amazing looks and no talent. 

Guest cissa

Please Support Me Okkkkk

My Audition <<< Suuport Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DD8BxnjjO0&feature=feedwll&list=WL << Or You Can See at

and Please Like To Support My Audition.. I will Support You Too..

Wish to meet you... okkk :D

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

^Um...I don't believe that looks aren't such a big factor anymore, It's probably like 60% Looks and 40% talent now, I have no idea if this is true or not, but I've read that SM Entertainment is looking for people who are more talented in Dancing and have a descent voice for singing, it might be true or it might not be. But if that is the case then...I guess the dancers have a more better chance of getting in.

They're looking for poppers and hip hop dancing kind of style now, cause I don't really see them using bboy that much.

Well...you do know that is you're really talented it makes up for most of the looks. And if you have amazing looks and no talent then you're screwed. 

So having talent and descent looks is better than having amazing looks and no talent. 

60% is still big.. that's more than half.. LOL. looks are still very important because neitzens have been getting better and better at digging up people's predebut photos. that's why they are looking for pretty AND talented people. no, singing is still a good talent too. look at taeyeon, she is the most popular member among sones. iu is popular too because she can actually sing great, but she has no dancing skills at all. if good singers are getting so much attention, why wouldn't they be looking for good singers? you can be a great singer and a decent dancer.

yes, if you're really talented it MAY make up for most of the looks, but if you're not pretty then be prepared to be the least-popular member in your group.. for example, snsd hyoyeon. she is the main dancer of the group and she is also the least well-known because her face is not that great. and then look at yoona. she is known as the face of the group, but many people complain that she has no talent at all. still yoona gets the most cfs, dramas, etc. who's position would you rather be in? hyoyeon's or yoona's? hyoyeon may be talented, but she does not even get half the recognition yoona gets just because yoona is pretty.

edit; that's why non-koreans have to be perfect. they already having something going against them (ethnicitiy) so you wouldn't want more things to go against them like no talent, ugly, etc.

60% is still big.. that's more than half.. LOL. looks are still very important because neitzens have been getting better and better at digging up people's predebut photos. that's why they are looking for pretty AND talented people. no, singing is still a good talent too. look at taeyeon, she is the most popular member among sones. iu is popular too because she can actually sing great, but she has no dancing skills at all. if good singers are getting so much attention, why wouldn't they be looking for good singers? you can be a great singer and a decent dancer.

yes, if you're really talented it MAY make up for most of the looks, but if you're not pretty then be prepared to be the least-popular member in your group.. for example, snsd hyoyeon. she is the main dancer of the group and she is also the least well-known because her face is not that great. and then look at yoona. she is known as the face of the group, but many people complain that she has no talent at all. still yoona gets the most cfs, dramas, etc. who's position would you rather be in? hyoyeon's or yoona's? hyoyeon may be talented, but she does not even get half the recognition yoona gets just because yoona is pretty.

edit; that's why non-koreans have to be perfect. they already having something going against them (ethnicitiy) so you wouldn't want more things to go against them like no talent, ugly, etc.

^True, this is what stars fear the most now, the predebut photos of the famous stars have posted on the internet before which could lead to fake rumours about them and causing trouble, but it's also obvious you shouldn't post any photos online.

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

^True, this is what stars fear the most now, the predebut photos of the famous stars have posted on the internet before which could lead to fake rumours about them and causing trouble, but it's also obvious you shouldn't post any photos online.

it's not just that.. there's yearbook photos too.. even if you come from america, predebut photos come up.. idk how neitzens found jessica and tiffany's yearbook photos from america.. maybe someone uploaded it that had the yearbook and regonized them.. if you want people to not see your predebut photos AT ALL then you can't take photos AT ALL because there will always be people who will upload them onto the internet without your consent.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

it's not just that.. there's yearbook photos too.. even if you come from america, predebut photos come up.. idk how neitzens found jessica and tiffany's yearbook photos from america.. maybe someone uploaded it that had the yearbook and regonized them.. if you want people to not see your predebut photos AT ALL then you can't take photos AT ALL because there will always be people who will upload them onto the internet without your consent.

^ Those netizens are a beast when it comes to digging up your past o_O

^ Those netizens are a beast when it comes to digging up your past o_O

^Yeah, they look through every nook and cranny just to find your predebut photos or even just photos of you, and they can spread some nasty suff from just one picture, that's why I just naturally don't like photos. The netizens just tear through the history of your life just to find the flaw in you, and most of the time they just start making up stuff from what they see without knowing the real reason behind it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dbsk_x3

Hey I'm planning on auditioning for SM in a month or so via email (I live in Australia so it's a little inconvenient to go audition live)

I'm 16 years old and currently in year 11 and I feel like it's late to audition ><

Does anyone have good knowledge in terms of the education in Korea? Particularly the international schools.

If I make it, I'm hoping to attend an international schools based either on the British or American school system. Do they have SATs like America? Cause I heard international schools are not only for foreign students but also those who want to attend college in America.

If I graduate from an international/foreign high school in Korea, am I eligible to apply for college/university in Korea despite the fact that I'm not a Korean citizen nor did I graduate from a Korean high school?

Otherwise should I just wait til I graduate in Australia, I'll be 17, almost 18 and then audition? Cause then I feel too old and feel like my chances of making it in to SM are lower as my skills are exceptionally good. I've been preparing for about 2 years now to audition for SM and the main thiing I'm worried about becoming a singer is an uncertain future since I won't be a singer for the rest of my life

If someone could help me out, thanks a bunch!! (sorry, I'm quite a stress head TT.TT)

Hey I'm planning on auditioning for SM in a month or so via email (I live in Australia so it's a little inconvenient to go audition live)

I'm 16 years old and currently in year 11 and I feel like it's late to audition ><

Does anyone have good knowledge in terms of the education in Korea? Particularly the international schools.

If I make it, I'm hoping to attend an international schools based either on the British or American school system. Do they have SATs like America? Cause I heard international schools are not only for foreign students but also those who want to attend college in America.

If I graduate from an international/foreign high school in Korea, am I eligible to apply for college/university in Korea despite the fact that I'm not a Korean citizen nor did I graduate from a Korean high school?

Otherwise should I just wait til I graduate in Australia, I'll be 17, almost 18 and then audition? Cause then I feel too old and feel like my chances of making it in to SM are lower as my skills are exceptionally good. I've been preparing for about 2 years now to audition for SM and the main thiing I'm worried about becoming a singer is an uncertain future since I won't be a singer for the rest of my life

If someone could help me out, thanks a bunch!! (sorry, I'm quite a stress head TT.TT)

Well, I'm in Australia as well and I know exactly how you feel. 

Education is Korea is very strict, if you look at most of the schools it's not all fancy and eye catching as the schools in Australia, America, etc. as they focus solely on education, I can tell you this you'll definitely get more to learn about and you'll learn a lot faster. Foreign schools in Korea such as "Korean KENT Foreign High School" is the school you'll be going to if you get accepted as an SM Trainee. SNSD's Jessica and Tiffany graduated from that school. The education in a foreign Korean school is very so similar to a normal one. 

Yes, if you graduate from a foreign high school in Korea, you'll be able to apply for college/university, it's a good thing you're worried about your schooling cause it's the key thing in life. You'll go to school if you get accepted into the SM Family. You can graduate from Australia if you want to, and I strongly suggest you do, because if you don't get accepted you've still finished school and you can apply for a job without worry. Btw, if you're 18 in Australia, America, China, etc. you'll always be 1 year older in Korea. 

Being older than the other people who audition will only make the judges more picky with you, which means if there is a younger person who has skills that aren't as good as yours but they could match, then they'll take the younger one, as they can train him longer than they can train you. 

If you're not sure about singing for the rest of your life, then it wouldn't hurt to try, but you'll be stressed throughout most of your life if you get accepted.

I suggest you make up your mind if you want to do this or not. 

Good luck, practice hard and make sure you have fun :D

Guest dbsk_x3

Well, I'm in Australia as well and I know exactly how you feel. 

Education is Korea is very strict, if you look at most of the schools it's not all fancy and eye catching as the schools in Australia, America, etc. as they focus solely on education, I can tell you this you'll definitely get more to learn about and you'll learn a lot faster. Foreign schools in Korea such as "Korean KENT Foreign High School" is the school you'll be going to if you get accepted as an SM Trainee. SNSD's Jessica and Tiffany graduated from that school. The education in a foreign Korean school is very so similar to a normal one. 

Yes, if you graduate from a foreign high school in Korea, you'll be able to apply for college/university, it's a good thing you're worried about your schooling cause it's the key thing in life. You'll go to school if you get accepted into the SM Family. You can graduate from Australia if you want to, and I strongly suggest you do, because if you don't get accepted you've still finished school and you can apply for a job without worry. Btw, if you're 18 in Australia, America, China, etc. you'll always be 1 year older in Korea. 

Being older than the other people who audition will only make the judges more picky with you, which means if there is a younger person who has skills that aren't as good as yours but they could match, then they'll take the younger one, as they can train him longer than they can train you. 

If you're not sure about singing for the rest of your life, then it wouldn't hurt to try, but you'll be stressed throughout most of your life if you get accepted.

I suggest you make up your mind if you want to do this or not. 

Good luck, practice hard and make sure you have fun :D

Hey, thanks for the fast reply!

Yeah, I might just wait til I finish year 12 and get my ATAR score. Since it'll be recorded, it'll be much more easier, and that way I won't have to go through all the STAT tests and all if I make it and decide to come back to Australia.

Hey, thanks for the fast reply!

Yeah, I might just wait til I finish year 12 and get my ATAR score. Since it'll be recorded, it'll be much more easier, and that way I won't have to go through all the STAT tests and all if I make it and decide to come back to Australia.

No worries, I'll reply as fast as I can since I live in this section of the forum :D

And yes, it's strongly recommended that you finish schooling unless obviously you know that you're going to get accept 500%

Guest bearkuma

hi guys! i have few question.. i hope someone will answer me..

1. is the online audition still open? when is the deadline?

2. is it okay if i'm going to join even though i don't live in america? and my country is not included in the "global auditions" where they went.

thank you! :D

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

hi guys! i have few question.. i hope someone will answer me..

1. is the online audition still open? when is the deadline?

2. is it okay if i'm going to join even though i don't live in america? and my country is not included in the "global auditions" where they went.

thank you! :D

1. DO you mean the email auditions? Those are all yaer round..BUt I advise you not to do the email auditions. They rarely check it and most of the time your email audition demo might get filtered into their SPAM folder. You have better luck sending your audition demo by snail mail.

2. It's fine, but just to warn you they WILL NOT pay for your airfare if you get picked to audition live for them. You will have to figure out how to get to South Korea or America yourself. They won't pay on your behalf until AFTER you sign their contract. So good luck trying to convince your parents to pay for your plane ticket to South Korea or America.

Archived