SM Entertainment Audition (2011 - 2012?)

_RaiN_

Do I have it?
Well I know that this topic has been posted MANY times before. but please your time to read this one.

I've been researching like crazy about the SM Audition and I was wondering do I fill out the requirements?

Questions: Please answer in FULL detail :D Thanks

1. Do I need to have specific traits to join the SM Entertainment? (Example is, Hair Style, Body Shape, etc.)

2. How many auditions am I going to have to do before I get accepted into the SM Entertainment’s trainee system?

3. How long does the training goes for? (Example 6 years and 6 months, etc.)

4. Does SM Entertainment’s Trainer tell me if I’m ready to debut, or do I just keep going and wait for news?

5. I’m 13 years old (Turning 14 in December 2012) and I was just wondering is my school life going to be affected?

6. My parents want me to go to school, but I prefer to train for SM Entertainments audition, is there anything I could do to convince them? (I've tried the "They'll let me 

continue school", "They'll pay for everything")

7. If I want to audition for Dance do I have to sing?

8. Would I require any surgery on my face or get a piercing ? Cause I don’t really like the surgery nor the piercing idea.

9. I’m a honest, positive and persistent person, is there anything else I should be?

10. Could you please fill me in FULL detail of the requirements for the audition? So I can prepare (Like what time, judges temper, etc.)

11. Is there still any auditions in USA (And will there be for 2012) ? If so could you please give me all the dates.

12. I’m in Australia [i’m Asian (Chinese and Cambodian)] Am I allowed to audition?

13. On a scale of 1 – 10 (10 being the highest) what are some of the expected level of skill for dance?

14. Is it true that SM Entertainment pays for ALL of our needs? (Such as transport, food, clothes)

15. Do we have to pay for our own airplane tickets to go to USA; Los Angeles to audition? Or would they pay for us?

16. If I made it in from the Audition how would I know? (Like would they call me or something) 

17. If I made it in from the Audition would I have to pay to go to Korea and if I go, how will I settle into a home, getting food, clothes, going to my training place, etc.?

18. Will I get a time-table for my daily schedule as a trainee?

19. I'm 5'8 (since I last measured myself in 2010 when I was 12) and I too short for a 13 year old boy?

20. I can speak: Fluent Chinese (maderin only and nothing else), Fluent English (duh) and basic Japanese would this increase  my chance of getting in SM 

Entertainment?

21. I'm 67-69kg am I too fat? (I don't look 67-69kg though)

22. My skin colour is slightly dark will this lower my chances of getting in SM Entertainment? (My skin kind of resemble HyoYeon's from SM Entertainment.)

23. I have no facial defects (pimples, acne, scar, etc.) does this mean that I'll get accepted in SM Entertaiment more easily?(cause I herd they want people with clear skin 

and pale).

24. I'm quite hairy (AWWKWARRD >.>) Like on the legs and arms (it's not HUUGE hairy like a rainforest nothing like that) and I have like a feint mustache (will this lower 

my chances !?)

25. What do we learn as trainees?

26. Can I wear: Long sleeve purple checkered shirt, Jeans (not ripped, drawing, etc.), Nike High Tops and a watch. Will this be too much? if so could you please 

recommend me some stuff to wear?

27. Could you recommend some song choices for me to dance to during the audition? (I'm a popper)

28. Would it be a bad idea to finish school then audition? Cause I'll be 18 (That's what my parents' want)

29. Will I be able to meet any of the debuted artist during trainee days? (Like would they visit or something) 

30. Do we get allowance as trainee? (Cause I read off wiki-answers and some guy said you get paid $22 weekly)

31. What kind of clothes does SM buy us?

32. Would I have access to internet?

33. Would I even be able to meet my parents?

34. When I sign the contract would that be in Korea (if I pass the audition) or would it be send to me?

35. If I sign the contract and if I fly to Korea or something how would I get picked up?

36. I have no idea how to speak/understand Korean would I be screwed? (Cause if I get accepted I wont want to stay home all day cause I don't understand anything.)

37. If I'm a trainee would I get crowded when I go out? (Like would there be MOBS of people noticing me every where I go or am I like a normal person to them)

38. Can I go shopping and to the supermarket or something? (Would there be a translater with me if I go out)

40. I read that you'll be sleeping in a dorm, if so how big is the dorm and will I be with room-mates? If there are room-mates how many are there in one dorm and would 

you only have room-mates of the same gender or could it be mixed.

41. Do you only have room-mates doing the same training as you? (Example, you'll have this dorm with people only training for dance and this other dorm for acting, etc.)

42. Would they do anything to you when you're training? (Like measure your weight after every training session or ask you to do pushups and compare your current limit 

to the one you started with or something like that) 

43. Do you have to write a reflection for SM Ent. after EVERY training session? (I read that "Cube Ent." is doing that and they have to spend 2 hours of writing RIGHT after 

training)

44. Do we get free tickets to go and see debuted artist as trainee's?

45. Do we have breaks or is it like continue's training for how ever long it is?

46. Are the trainers strict? (cause I tend to make jokes during training to brighten up the dull mood and give everyone some energy but if the trainer is strict I might get 

told off for being annoying) 

47. Does LeeSooMan (if that's how you spell his name) favour any trainee/artist? (It'll be sh-t if he does)

48. I've read that there are 3 rounds of audition (that's insane) and if there are 3 rounds would it mean that the second and final round would be harder than the first 

cause they'll expect more of you, or could you just dance to the same song you did during the first audition?)

49. Do you get "beat" up if you do something wrong in training?

50. What will happen if you're a bit slow to learn stuff? (Such as, when everyone memorise's something it takes you a bit longer than everyone else.)

51. How many hours of sleep do you get if you're a trainee? (And how many hours of sleep do you get as a debuted Artist?)

52. Will they starve you to death if you're my weight (67-69kg) or would they leave you? Cause I've read that they put artist on water diet if they're fat (like me), but if that's 

true how come Shindong from SUJU is still chubby? (Shindong FTW!)

53. If I debut wouldn't that mean I'll marry later than a normal person? (Or not even marry at all) 

54. What will happen if an SM artist falls in love with a trainee younger than them? (I doubt it'll happen but what if)

55. Is it still possible to be famous even though you're a trainee? (Cause Heechul from SUJU was famous before he debuted, because of his fashion sense) 

56. What happens if you fail school (get bad grades on the report card), because of your training schedule and stuff would SM Ent. get ticked off at you or take you out of 

school?

57. Can we still post on forums if we're a trainee or would we be banned from posting stuff related to training, etc.?

58. Should we be careful of what we say/do when we're a trainee?

59. Should we be aware of some stuff (Like, the CEO, trainer, etc.) ?

60. The biggest question I have to ask is, is this the right decission? My parents are not really liking the idea of me going to America; LA to audition for something just because they don't want me to be famous, they want me to be what they want me to be, should I listen to them or should I follow my dreams? And if you say "Follow your dreams" then what would you do if your parents wont even look like they care what you want to be or what ever. It would be like +$4000 if I was to buy 4 airplane tickets to America; LA to audition, and if I don't make it everyone (including me) would be quite ticked off (ESPECIALLY my parents).

Thanks for answering all of my questions :P And please add in some stuff you think I need to know before I go and audition :DD 

THANKS HEAPS!! 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Dude you have alot questions :blink: But I'll try my best to answer them.

1. SM Entertainment doesn't really follow a standard rule of what they look for, but I will tell you one thing they definitely pick looks over talent. Especially these days because they don't want to waste money on plastic surgery.

2. There is no set number amount of rounds when it comes to these types of auditions. Sometimes it takes up to 3 callbacks for you to get signed...Sometimes 5 or sometimes in the rare case just 2 rounds of callbacks. But the last callback and round is set in Seoul, Korea. My guy friend had 5 callbacks and when he made it to Seoul for his last comeback he still didn't make it. It's pretty tough. But just try your best and see how far you make it.

3. It used to be up to 5+ years but after the DBSK lawsuit they had to cut down their training down to 2+ years ( 4 years is the maximum amount of training...Anything over exceeding the training years is now considered illegal) So the casting team have to really look for potentials with already the cultivated talent. Even if you are young they want to see already exceptional in you. Also since they changed the training rules around you won't be an actual trainee. You will be signed as a "potential trainee" since you are young, and they will make enroll at a talent academy in South Korea. It will be like you being their student than an actual trainee. You will still go home during the summer holidays to visit your parents and go back when your academy is in session. After maybe 3 years of this type of part-time training, will they then evaluate you if you can make it into their "Artist Training Program". This type of trainee life is considered full-time training. But this only an estimation of how many years you will get as a trainee...At anytime if they don't see a potential star in you, they can abruptly terminate your trainee contract within a snap.

4. Only the the executives and the CEO of the company makes those types of decisions. Your trainer can only train you. They don't have the authority to tell you if you are debuting or not. When you debut the executive team, casting director and CEO will all meet with you as a conference.

5. I'm not going to lie...You're school work will definitely be affected. The school system in South Korea is vigorous and just plain tough. Alot of kids who aren't local Koreans quit school or go back home because their school work is poor and if they can't catch up. Also you will definitely have a culture shock when you go to school down their. Also Korea is light years ahead when it comes to their education system. You will probably have to go back a grade or two just to be in the same level as the Korean students. I'm telling you this because my friend used to be a trainee under SM Entertainment.

6. No offence but stay in school kid...Even if you become a trainee under SM Entertainment their is no guarantee you will debut at all...My friend is such an example...She was a trainee for them before the whole DBSK lawsuit thing, and she was a trainee under their label for a long time. She quit because she felt like she was wasting her life away for a company that wouldn't debut her.

7. If they see something in you then yes, they will ask you to sing. And even if you audition vice versa they will ask you to sing or dance to see some form of versatility in you. They don't pick trainees with only one talent.

8. They won't force you to get surgery. But let me warn you they will be very passive aggressive against if you say no. They kept on pestering my friend to get plastic surgery but she didn't want to.

9. Be passionate, strong and thick-skinned. Because in this type of business you will go through alot of heartache and sacrifice.

10. Like I said before their is no set standard on what you should do except take dance lessons if you want to become a dancer, take vocal lessons to become a singer, take acting lessons for act and etc. None of us know what they are looking for. Either you have it or you don't. No one here can tell you what to prepare because you can't prepare charisma or confidence. It's all in you. Just do you best and don't be down if they don't pick you. If this is truly what you want, then pick yourself up and try again.

11. The only auditions SM has in the states right now is their USA weekly auditions in Los Angeles, CA. I don't think they will have any USA auditions anytime soon. They have a USA headquarters in LA so they figure that most people will audition their.

12. You are allowed to audition.

13. For dance they will probably expect you dance within a 7 or 8. Also they will make you dance in their rythm test so good luck.

14. They do but only AFTER you sign their contract. They won't pay for plane tickets if they invite you to audition at their headquarters in South Korea or America.

15. Like I said on # 14...No they won't.

16. Yes they will call you if you make it. If you don't make it they usually send a letter or email.

17. Like I said on # 14 they won't pay for your accommodations until AFTER you sign their contract. So if you make it but don't have the money to go South Korea AND you haven't signed their contract yet then you won't be able to go.

18. Just worry about getting passed your auditions first. You are getting too far ahead of yourself by worrying over these types of small things....But yes they will give you schedule like how they give schedules in highs school and college.

19. Just audition and see. They have to evaluate you more than height itself. If you are short but well proportioned then you have nothing to worry about.

20. That will give you an advantage, but don't rely solely on those types of talents. That's the last thing they would want to know about you because first and foremost they want to see if you are talented in singing and dancing. Second would be if you have stage presence and charisma. Just worry about the singing and dancing part for now.

21. In Anglo-Saxon terms you are not fat. But in Asian terms of their perception of what is fat you are kinda on the chubby side. But don't worry about that. Just worry about auditioning for singing and dancing.

22. Ye sthey will put taht into account when judging you. My advice: JUST AUDITION....You never know until you try.

23. Even if you have no facial defects as in pimples or scars it still doesn't mean they will pick oyou. Facial proportions also come into how they will judge and pick you. So let's say if you have a big nose...That will kinda hold you back because the last thing they want is to spend money on you for plastic surgery.

24. Just audition...That might deter them from picking you but stop with over analyzing your insecurities. It will only eat you up inside and make you hesitate from even auditioning.

25. You learn everything. From singing, dancing, modeling, dieting, beauty regiment ( yes they make the guys go through it too) acting, and all that fun stuff you only read about in those talent academy brochures and their online websites. It'll be a full plate so expect to be overwhelmed.

26. As long as you don't wear a tuxedo, suit, beach trunks, a halloween costume or show up in a dress then you are fine. Just dress casual like how you dress when you hang out with your friends.

27. Imma Be from BEP or Boom Boom Pow.

28. No finishing high school would be a better idea. So even if the maybe that you have to quit or the company just terminates your contract in case they just don't want to train you anymore, then you can always go back to school ( college wise) because colleges will always be their.

29. No offence but this type of question shouldn't be brought up. Are you auditioning because this your passion and dream to become a singer or dancer or only to meet your favorite Kpop idols? I don't want to be mean but don't waste your time auditioning then if that is your motive to audition for SM Entertainment.

30. Yes

31. They will not buy you clothes when you are a trainee. They feed you and house you, but transportation, clothes and other luxuries they will not spend money on you. Only after you debut will they give such luxuries as free clothes.

32. Like I said before just worrt about auditioning and passing. worry about the trainee life AFTER you become one.

33. If you become a part-time trainee then you will see them during summer vacations.

34. You have to physically be in front of the CEO and executives when you sign their contract. So no they won't send it to. You will have to go to Korea to sign it.

35. If you sign their contract then it already means you got picked. They will not change their mind in mid signing or anything like that. These are professionals after all.

36. If Nickhun can handle it then so will you my friend.

37. No...Unless you were already a net idol or a famous ulzzang then won't know if you are a trainee or not.

38. lol This question made me laugh :D:lol::) ...No they won't give you a translator just for going grocery shopping. And why would you go grocery shopping in the first place if the company will feed you?

39. Yes you will dorm with a roommate...It depends on the room size and occupancy. Just worry about passing man. These types of question and worries are unnecessary because either way a trainee life is totally out of most people's comfort zones. And dude keep your hormones under control their...They make the girls room with other girls and the guys with other guys. Mixed, coed rooming is strictly forbidden.

40. Dude enough with the over-analyzing....They just room you wherever they have space. I have no idea if the guy you will probably room with will be your future team member of your boy group.

41. Yes they will evaluate your weight every week. Even boys are under scrutiny when it comes to their outer image under an entertainment company. But it's alot different from girls because girls have to worry about fat and losing weight, while guys have to worry about staying fit.

42. Have no clue man. My friend didn't have to do that but then again she was a trainee back in 2005...

43. Like I said before stop auditioning if you are only worrying about these types of things. You will have no time to go to concerts and shows of your favorite idols because even a part-time trainee is swamped with school work and training alone.

44. You get one hour of break-time.

45. It depends on the trainer. If you get a nice trainer then try your luck by joking around with them. If they are mean and strict then prepare for some thunder.

46. Unfortunately he does...He mostly favors girls over guys...That's what I've heard but I could be wrong.

47. Dude just audition and see...My guy friend went through 5 callbacks and he still didn't make it in. Also I wouldn't recommend using the same choreography for your callbacks. They record your first round of auditions and send the material to the casting department. They don't want to see the same stuff you did during your first round since they already saw it before with a recording.

48. Look when it comes to the Korean culture some trainers will hit you. Even regular Korean teachers in high schools hit their students for getting bad grades on their test and stuff. I don't know if things have changed over the years in SM but such a tradition in Korean society still exists. What might look bad to you might be right to them. But they don't richard simmons-whoop you or anything. It's not like they will beat you senseless to the point you go unconscious or anything like that. If such stuff happened then alot more of their star idols could've sued them a long time ago.

49. I will be blunt...They will cut you off and terminate your contract if you are not learning fast enough during your training.

They won't baby you if you are lazy or if you don't go far and beyond your regular training hours. If they see that you are not qualified as a trainee they will kick you out.

50. Not much I can tell you that... A local Korean trainee gets about 4 to 3 hours of sleep at the most. Because training ends at 10 then you have to go on a bus or train (depending where you live) and even if you live close you still have homework to do if you are going to school down their. And after you debut you get even less sleep than that.

51. Dude stop worrying about these things. The water diet is only a rumor.

52. IF you debut you will have no love life at all.

53. Then prepare for some thunder.

54. Not unless you are a net idol or an ulzzang. Heechul was an ulzzang. He got famous for ulzzangeeness before he was a trainee.

55. They will kick you out. Because image and decorum is everything for an idol entertainment company. If you fail and they still keep you under their label, then after you debut all your dirty laundry will somehow get leaked to the public. Good education and grades are considered to be a must if you want to become a celebrity in Korea. Those K-netizens are a beast when it comes to snooping around your past.

56. No you can't. They don't want you leak any form of information once you become a trainee. So say goodbye to your Soompi account after you sign their contract.

57. Of course. Also they don't want you bragging around that you are a trainee under their company. Because if things turn ugly ( like the Jay Park and his myspace incident) then all of your negative actions will be reflected onto the company.

58. Just be aware that you are over-analyzing alot of stuff that hasn't happened yet. Just audition and see how far you make it.

59. This is a question you should ask yourself. The answer lies in you. Are you auditioning because it is your life to become a singer and dancer, or are you only doing this just to meet your favorite idols, or to become famous and rich? Because 1. that should be the least of your worries 2. fame isn't everything and 3. Kpop idols don't make enough money at all. If you are only auditioning for superficial reasons then don't audition.

** My God that was one long question answering. :wacko::crazy:

Dude you have alot questions :blink: But I'll try my best to answer them.

1. SM Entertainment doesn't really follow a standard rule of what they look for, but I will tell you one thing they definitely pick looks over talent. Especially these days because they don't want to waste money on plastic surgery.

2. There is no set number amount of rounds when it comes to these types of auditions. Sometimes it takes up to 3 callbacks for you to get signed...Sometimes 5 or sometimes in the rare case just 2 rounds of callbacks. But the last callback and round is set in Seoul, Korea. My guy friend had 5 callbacks and when he made it to Seoul for his last comeback he still didn't make it. It's pretty tough. But just try your best and see how far you make it.

3. It used to be up to 5+ years but after the DBSK lawsuit they had to cut down their training down to 2+ years ( 4 years is the maximum amount of training...Anything over exceeding the training years is now considered illegal) So the casting team have to really look for potentials with already the cultivated talent. Even if you are young they want to see already exceptional in you. Also since they changed the training rules around you won't be an actual trainee. You will be signed as a "potential trainee" since you are young, and they will make enroll at a talent academy in South Korea. It will be like you being their student than an actual trainee. You will still go home during the summer holidays to visit your parents and go back when your academy is in session. After maybe 3 years of this type of part-time training, will they then evaluate you if you can make it into their "Artist Training Program". This type of trainee life is considered full-time training. But this only an estimation of how many years you will get as a trainee...At anytime if they don't see a potential star in you, they can abruptly terminate your trainee contract within a snap.

4. Only the the executives and the CEO of the company makes those types of decisions. Your trainer can only train you. They don't have the authority to tell you if you are debuting or not. When you debut the executive team, casting director and CEO will all meet with you as a conference.

5. I'm not going to lie...You're school work will definitely be affected. The school system in South Korea is vigorous and just plain tough. Alot of kids who aren't local Koreans quit school or go back home because their school work is poor and if they can't catch up. Also you will definitely have a culture shock when you go to school down their. Also Korea is light years ahead when it comes to their education system. You will probably have to go back a grade or two just to be in the same level as the Korean students. I'm telling you this because my friend used to be a trainee under SM Entertainment.

6. No offence but stay in school kid...Even if you become a trainee under SM Entertainment their is no guarantee you will debut at all...My friend is such an example...She was a trainee for them before the whole DBSK lawsuit thing, and she was a trainee under their label for a long time. She quit because she felt like she was wasting her life away for a company that wouldn't debut her.

7. If they see something in you then yes, they will ask you to sing. And even if you audition vice versa they will ask you to sing or dance to see some form of versatility in you. They don't pick trainees with only one talent.

8. They won't force you to get surgery. But let me warn you they will be very passive aggressive against if you say no. They kept on pestering my friend to get plastic surgery but she didn't want to.

9. Be passionate, strong and thick-skinned. Because in this type of business you will go through alot of heartache and sacrifice.

10. Like I said before their is no set standard on what you should do except take dance lessons if you want to become a dancer, take vocal lessons to become a singer, take acting lessons for act and etc. None of us know what they are looking for. Either you have it or you don't. No one here can tell you what to prepare because you can't prepare charisma or confidence. It's all in you. Just do you best and don't be down if they don't pick you. If this is truly what you want, then pick yourself up and try again.

11. The only auditions SM has in the states right now is their USA weekly auditions in Los Angeles, CA. I don't think they will have any USA auditions anytime soon. They have a USA headquarters in LA so they figure that most people will audition their.

12. You are allowed to audition.

13. For dance they will probably expect you dance within a 7 or 8. Also they will make you dance in their rythm test so good luck.

14. They do but only AFTER you sign their contract. They won't pay for plane tickets if they invite you to audition at their headquarters in South Korea or America.

15. Like I said on # 14...No they won't.

16. Yes they will call you if you make it. If you don't make it they usually send a letter or email.

17. Like I said on # 14 they won't pay for your accommodations until AFTER you sign their contract. So if you make it but don't have the money to go South Korea AND you haven't signed their contract yet then you won't be able to go.

18. Just worry about getting passed your auditions first. You are getting too far ahead of yourself by worrying over these types of small things....But yes they will give you schedule like how they give schedules in highs school and college.

19. Just audition and see. They have to evaluate you more than height itself. If you are short but well proportioned then you have nothing to worry about.

20. That will give you an advantage, but don't rely solely on those types of talents. That's the last thing they would want to know about you because first and foremost they want to see if you are talented in singing and dancing. Second would be if you have stage presence and charisma. Just worry about the singing and dancing part for now.

21. In Anglo-Saxon terms you are not fat. But in Asian terms of their perception of what is fat you are kinda on the chubby side. But don't worry about that. Just worry about auditioning for singing and dancing.

22. Ye sthey will put taht into account when judging you. My advice: JUST AUDITION....You never know until you try.

23. Even if you have no facial defects as in pimples or scars it still doesn't mean they will pick oyou. Facial proportions also come into how they will judge and pick you. So let's say if you have a big nose...That will kinda hold you back because the last thing they want is to spend money on you for plastic surgery.

24. Just audition...That might deter them from picking you but stop with over analyzing your insecurities. It will only eat you up inside and make you hesitate from even auditioning.

25. You learn everything. From singing, dancing, modeling, dieting, beauty regiment ( yes they make the guys go through it too) acting, and all that fun stuff you only read about in those talent academy brochures and their online websites. It'll be a full plate so expect to be overwhelmed.

26. As long as you don't wear a tuxedo, suit, beach trunks, a halloween costume or show up in a dress then you are fine. Just dress casual like how you dress when you hang out with your friends.

27. Imma Be from BEP or Boom Boom Pow.

28. No finishing high school would be a better idea. So even if the maybe that you have to quit or the company just terminates your contract in case they just don't want to train you anymore, then you can always go back to school ( college wise) because colleges will always be their.

29. No offence but this type of question shouldn't be brought up. Are you auditioning because this your passion and dream to become a singer or dancer or only to meet your favorite Kpop idols? I don't want to be mean but don't waste your time auditioning then if that is your motive to audition for SM Entertainment.

30. Yes

31. They will not buy you clothes when you are a trainee. They feed you and house you, but transportation, clothes and other luxuries they will not spend money on you. Only after you debut will they give such luxuries as free clothes.

32. Like I said before just worrt about auditioning and passing. worry about the trainee life AFTER you become one.

33. If you become a part-time trainee then you will see them during summer vacations.

34. You have to physically be in front of the CEO and executives when you sign their contract. So no they won't send it to. You will have to go to Korea to sign it.

35. If you sign their contract then it already means you got picked. They will not change their mind in mid signing or anything like that. These are professionals after all.

36. If Nickhun can handle it then so will you my friend.

37. No...Unless you were already a net idol or a famous ulzzang then won't know if you are a trainee or not.

38. lol This question made me laugh :D:lol::) ...No they won't give you a translator just for going grocery shopping. And why would you go grocery shopping in the first place if the company will feed you?

39. Yes you will dorm with a roommate...It depends on the room size and occupancy. Just worry about passing man. These types of question and worries are unnecessary because either way a trainee life is totally out of most people's comfort zones. And dude keep your hormones under control their...They make the girls room with other girls and the guys with other guys. Mixed, coed rooming is strictly forbidden.

40. Dude enough with the over-analyzing....They just room you wherever they have space. I have no idea if the guy you will probably room with will be your future team member of your boy group.

41. Yes they will evaluate your weight every week. Even boys are under scrutiny when it comes to their outer image under an entertainment company. But it's alot different from girls because girls have to worry about fat and losing weight, while guys have to worry about staying fit.

42. Have no clue man. My friend didn't have to do that but then again she was a trainee back in 2005...

43. Like I said before stop auditioning if you are only worrying about these types of things. You will have no time to go to concerts and shows of your favorite idols because even a part-time trainee is swamped with school work and training alone.

44. You get one hour of break-time.

45. It depends on the trainer. If you get a nice trainer then try your luck by joking around with them. If they are mean and strict then prepare for some thunder.

46. Unfortunately he does...He mostly favors girls over guys...That's what I've heard but I could be wrong.

47. Dude just audition and see...My guy friend went through 5 callbacks and he still didn't make it in. Also I wouldn't recommend using the same choreography for your callbacks. They record your first round of auditions and send the material to the casting department. They don't want to see the same stuff you did during your first round since they already saw it before with a recording.

48. Look when it comes to the Korean culture some trainers will hit you. Even regular Korean teachers in high schools hit their students for getting bad grades on their test and stuff. I don't know if things have changed over the years in SM but such a tradition in Korean society still exists. What might look bad to you might be right to them. But they don't richard simmons-whoop you or anything. It's not like they will beat you senseless to the point you go unconscious or anything like that. If such stuff happened then alot more of their star idols could've sued them a long time ago.

49. I will be blunt...They will cut you off and terminate your contract if you are not learning fast enough during your training.

They won't baby you if you are lazy or if you don't go far and beyond your regular training hours. If they see that you are not qualified as a trainee they will kick you out.

50. Not much I can tell you that... A local Korean trainee gets about 4 to 3 hours of sleep at the most. Because training ends at 10 then you have to go on a bus or train (depending where you live) and even if you live close you still have homework to do if you are going to school down their. And after you debut you get even less sleep than that.

51. Dude stop worrying about these things. The water diet is only a rumor.

52. IF you debut you will have no love life at all.

53. Then prepare for some thunder.

54. Not unless you are a net idol or an ulzzang. Heechul was an ulzzang. He got famous for ulzzangeeness before he was a trainee.

55. They will kick you out. Because image and decorum is everything for an idol entertainment company. If you fail and they still keep you under their label, then after you debut all your dirty laundry will somehow get leaked to the public. Good education and grades are considered to be a must if you want to become a celebrity in Korea. Those K-netizens are a beast when it comes to snooping around your past.

56. No you can't. They don't want you leak any form of information once you become a trainee. So say goodbye to your Soompi account after you sign their contract.

57. Of course. Also they don't want you bragging around that you are a trainee under their company. Because if things turn ugly ( like the Jay Park and his myspace incident) then all of your negative actions will be reflected onto the company.

58. Just be aware that you are over-analyzing alot of stuff that hasn't happened yet. Just audition and see how far you make it.

59. This is a question you should ask yourself. The answer lies in you. Are you auditioning because it is your life to become a singer and dancer, or are you only doing this just to meet your favorite idols, or to become famous and rich? Because 1. that should be the least of your worries 2. fame isn't everything and 3. Kpop idols don't make enough money at all. If you are only auditioning for superficial reasons then don't audition.

** My God that was one long question answering. :wacko::crazy:

Oh my god, thanks for replying on ALL of the long questions. And yes this is my dream to be in SM Ent. and I don't do it for the money nor the Kpop Idol. Are you going to audition sooner or later?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Oh my god, thanks for replying on ALL of the long questions. And yes this is my dream to be in SM Ent. and I don't do it for the money nor the Kpop Idol. Are you going to audition sooner or later?

^ No not for SM Entertainment...I'm too old to audition for Kpop idol companies now. But I am auditioning for Superstar K 3 this season. I already reached number #3 on the Global UCC chart ^_^

Here is the link: Superstar K3 Global UCC chart

I'm the one in the blue shirt lol :D

Please vote for me and good luck in your audition endeavors. :)

^ No not for SM Entertainment...I'm too old to audition for Kpop idol companies now. But I am auditioning for Superstar K 3 this season. I already reached number #3 on the Global UCC chart  ^_^

Here is the link: Superstar K3 Global UCC chart

I'm the one in the blue shirt lol  :D

Please vote for me and good luck in your audition endeavors.  :)

You've definitely got my vote for this :D And I hope you make it. And I'm going to try out for dancing, and I'll tell you what happens when I'm done audition next year xD 

They should make a petition of the countries that the Audition would be in next year or the following year, etc. so then the top 3 countries with the most votes will be able to have a chance to audition, I know Australia will be one of those Top 3 cause I've seen MANY people with amazing talent that would surprise SM (in my opinion of course).

And again, good luck with  [ Superstar K 3 ]   :D

Um, could you recommend me a Kpop song with an upbeat to it? (I'm a popper if you don't know .__.)

Um, one more question out of the billions I've asked, do you think SM Entertainment will ever come to Australia; Victoria to have weekly auditions? 

Cause I really want to audition but I'm 13 and I doubt my parents will pay $4000+ for me to go to LA and audition knowing the chance of me making it are VERY low.

Cause if they can come to Melbourne then I'll be so damn pleased that I might throw a celebration party in my head. And is it possible to make SM come to Melbourne by sending a Petition on the countries they should go to?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

You've definitely got my vote for this :D And I hope you make it. And I'm going to try out for dancing, and I'll tell you what happens when I'm done audition next year xD 

They should make a petition of the countries that the Audition would be in next year or the following year, etc. so then the top 3 countries with the most votes will be able to have a chance to audition, I know Australia will be one of those Top 3 cause I've seen MANY people with amazing talent that would surprise SM (in my opinion of course).

And again, good luck with  [ Superstar K 3 ]   :D

Um, could you recommend me a Kpop song with an upbeat to it? (I'm a popper if you don't know .__.)

Hmm I wouldn't recommend to dance to a Kpop song because they will think you are looking down on them if you play a song taht is from an entertainment company they are competing with. Your best bet is to dance to an American song or their own SM song. Try a osng fro Shinee like Lucifer.

Um, one more question out of the billions I've asked, do you think SM Entertainment will ever come to Australia; Victoria to have weekly auditions? 

Cause I really want to audition but I'm 13 and I doubt my parents will pay $4000+ for me to go to LA and audition knowing the chance of me making it are VERY low.

Cause if they can come to Melbourne then I'll be so damn pleased that I might throw a celebration party in my head. And is it possible to make SM come to Melbourne by sending a Petition on the countries they should go to?

^ I highly doubt they will come to Australia any time soon. When they had Global Auditions in the past people have tried starting petitions for SM to come down to even England and Europe. But they never came even though so many people signed the petition. SM Entertainment only goes to where they know will get them the most money. Australia is not on their list right now, but at least now they are just starting to have concerts in Europe now.

Ahh, yeah I was dancing to Lucifer - Shinee and I have to say it's quite good, but I'm thinking of not bringing any music if I don't know what to bring. I herd that they'll play music for you if you don't bring any so I might just freestyle to the music they play.

Um, for the dance audition do we have to do a choreographed dance or a freestyle? Cause on the website it says freestyle and I read someone other people saying you have to do choreographed dance, so which one will I do? 

I'm thinking about not bringing a CD so they can just play a random music and I can dance to it.

BUT!! If I do bring a CD would I get it back (lol weird question I know but I want my CD back >.>) ?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Um, for the dance audition do we have to do a choreographed dance or a freestyle? Cause on the website it says freestyle and I read someone other people saying you have to do choreographed dance, so which one will I do? 

I'm thinking about not bringing a CD so they can just play a random music and I can dance to it.

BUT!! If I do bring a CD would I get it back (lol weird question I know but I want my CD back >.>) ?

If you are auditioning for dancing you have to prepare two different dances. One choreographed and one freestyle. The choreographed piece is of any music of your choosing and you bring that CD along with you. The rhythm test is the freestyle dancing I was talking about earlier. They just put on random music and you dance along to it. They will not forewarn you what they are going to play. Sometimes they play hip hop, sometimes they even play classical music. They do this so they can catch you unprepared and see if you have natural talent in freestyle dance. If you are nervous just clap along to the music.

If you are auditioning for dancing you have to prepare two different dances. One choreographed and one freestyle. The choreographed piece is of any music of your choosing and you bring that CD along with you. The rhythm test is the freestyle dancing I was talking about earlier. They just put on random music and you dance along to it. They will not forewarn you what they are going to play. Sometimes they play hip hop, sometimes they even play classical music. They do this so they can catch you unprepared and see if you have natural talent in freestyle dance. If you are nervous just clap along to the music.

Aww man do I seriously have to do a choreographed dance? Cause on the website it says freestyle .__.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Aww man do I seriously have to do a choreographed dance? Cause on the website it says freestyle .__.

Wait are you going to to mail your audition demo to them or are you going to South Korea or America to audition? If you are going to mail your audition demo to them you just have to prepare one dance and record it on video. If you are going to audition live for them then prepare to dance in their rythm test too. Hope this helps.

Wait are you going to to mail your audition demo to them or are you going to South Korea or America to audition? If you are going to mail your audition demo to them you just have to prepare one dance and record it on video. If you are going to audition live for them then prepare to dance in their rythm test too. Hope this helps.

Umm, I'm going to do the Weekly audition in LA if I do that, I still have to prepare a dance routine (dammit) ? Or can I just freestyle?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Umm, I'm going to do the Weekly audition in LA if I do that, I still have to prepare a dance routine (dammit) ? Or can I just freestyle?

Well I guess just freestyle to the song you will prepare for and the same for the rhythm test. Don't worry too much about the rhythm test. Hopefully they will play a pop song so you won't feel uncomfortable when you dance or clap.

Well I guess just freestyle to the song you will prepare for and the same for the rhythm test. Don't worry too much about the rhythm test. Hopefully they will play a pop song so you won't feel uncomfortable when you dance or clap.

SWEET !! I just have to freestyle :D And dw I can pop to any kind of song :P

I read off A LOT of websites that the "bring your own CD" is a lie so there is no point of me bringing one.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

SWEET !! I just have to freestyle :D And dw I can pop to any kind of song :P

I read off A LOT of websites that the "bring your own CD" is a lie so there is no point of me bringing one.

No for dancing they really do expect you to dance to your own song choice...My guy friend who auditioned and got 5 callbacks auditioned as a dancer. And he's like a professional Bboy dancer who choreographs his stuff too.

This is what he told me about his experience when he auditioned as a dancer at the LA weekly auditions:

1. He went in and asked if he could audition as a dancer...The girl said yes and asked him if he brought a cd song of his choice to dance too. He said no and then the girl said he can just freestyle to the music they have in hand (she was talking about the rhythm testing).

2. He freestyle danced and then after that he left. He thought he did a superb job and had high hopes for a callback. They never did.

3. My friend got pissed they never called him back considering he thought he did well, so he decided he would audition again but prepare a dance CD with a choreographed routine.

4. He went back to LA, did his choreographed routine, and did the rythm test again.

5. 2 weeks later he got a callback.

And even though he didn't make it in, he told me that they like it better when a dancer actually auditions with a choreographed routine separately from their rhythm test. So just prepare a CD man...It'll help your chances trust me.

No for dancing they really do expect you to dance to your own song choice...My guy friend who auditioned and got 5 callbacks auditioned as a dancer. And he's like a professional Bboy dancer who choreographs his stuff too.

This is what he told me about his experience when he auditioned as a dancer at the LA weekly auditions:

1. He went in and asked if he could audition as a dancer...The girl said yes and asked him if he brought a cd song of his choice to dance too. He said no and then the girl said he can just freestyle to the music they have in hand (she was talking about the rhythm testing).

2. He freestyle danced and then after that he left. He thought he did a superb job and had high hopes for a callback. They never did.

3. My friend got pissed they never called him back considering he thought he did well, so he decided he would audition again but prepare a dance CD with a choreographed routine.

4. He went back to LA, did his choreographed routine, and did the rythm test again.

5. 2 weeks later he got a callback.

And even though he didn't make it in, he told me that they like it better when a dancer actually auditions with a choreographed routine separately from their rhythm test. So just prepare a CD man...It'll help your chances trust me.

I see...thanks A LOT for the tips and I bet your friend did a fabulous job but the judges just didn't see it. I'm gonna take your advice and make a routine for the dance :D

Well...now I have another question >.> (sorry if I'm bugging the crap out of you). What song do you recommend making a routine to and how long?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I see...thanks A LOT for the tips and I bet your friend did a fabulous job but the judges just didn't see it. I'm gonna take your advice and make a routine for the dance :D

Well...now I have another question >.> (sorry if I'm bugging the crap out of you). What song do you recommend making a routine to and how long?

^ My guy friend prepared a 60 second choreo with a song called 3 from Britney Spears lol :lol: He made the choreo really tough and manly though, so I think that's why the SM casting team in South Korea noticed him right away.

since you are young and not that experienced when to comes to choreographing your own moves, go with songs with defined beats and base...Like Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow or Imma Be. Most of the time most pop songs have too fast of a beat or not strong of a base so it's a little complicated to dance to. So go with hip hop songs like maybe The Beastie Boys, or songs that SM has never heard of like The New Boys Featuring Tyga called "Crickets" since you said you do alot of popping when you dance.

Here is a youtube link to their song:

Ian Eastwood dancing to the song "crickets"

*I linked Ian Eastwood's youtube vid because maybe he can give you some inspiration on what to do with your dance moves lol.

But if you are insistent to dance to a more mainstream pop song you can always dance to Justin Beiber's Somebody to Love song lol.

^ My guy friend prepared a 60 second choreo with a song called 3 from Britney Spears lol :lol: He made the choreo really tough and manly though, so I think that's why the SM casting team in South Korea noticed him right away.

since you are young and not that experienced when to comes to choreographing your own moves, go with songs with defined beats and base...Like Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow or Imma Be. Most of the time most pop songs have too fast of a beat or not strong of a base so it's a little complicated to dance to. So go with hip hop songs like maybe The Beastie Boys, or songs that SM has never heard of like The New Boys Featuring Tyga called "Crickets" since you said you do alot of popping when you dance.

Here is a youtube link to their song:

Ian Eastwood dancing to the song "crickets"

*I linked Ian Eastwood's youtube vid because maybe he can give you some inspiration on what to do with your dance moves lol.

But if you are insistent to dance to a more mainstream pop song you can always dance to Justin Beiber's Somebody to Love song lol.

Thanks :D I'll probably also make a 60 sec choreographed dance just like your friend :D

Archived