SM Entertainment Audition (2011 - 2012?)

_RaiN_

From all the questions thats you asked , its like very easy to passed the audition and become a trainee under their company 

Yes, it seems like it, but things might change from year to year so it's hard to confirm if it is REALLY possible to make it in the audition (of course it's possible). I heard that SM Entertainment now is looking for more "pretty" people so that they wont need to get surgery. Yet I don't believe this is true cause most (or all) of the Korean Entertainment industry has to have employee's who's had surgery before (it's very common). Are you going to try out if so for what category and when? 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it seems like it, but things might change from year to year so it's hard to confirm if it is REALLY possible to make it in the audition (of course it's possible). I heard that SM Entertainment now is looking for more "pretty" people so that they wont need to get surgery. Yet I don't believe this is true cause most (or all) of the Korean Entertainment industry has to have employee's who's had surgery before (it's very common). Are you going to try out if so for what category and when? 

Their company door does'nt put a notice board and say" No entry for ulgy people " lol !

If you have the chance to go korea , just go in and show them what you got ! If SM entertainment not interest on you it does not mean other company not interest on you .

Unlike me , born in a poor family and can't even fly to korea ..... 

Try out ? I don't even have the chance to fly to korea ...

lol you're saying you researched like crazy but you still have 60 questions XD

hehe.. its ok ive been hanging around here for a long time and even i still have questions. :)

im pretty sure SM is coming to Canada (and other countries) sometime this year too.

i mean, if they have time to go to kazakhstan then im pretty sure theyll find SOME time this year to come to canada.. XD

lol you're saying you researched like crazy but you still have 60 questions XD

hehe.. its ok ive been hanging around here for a long time and even i still have questions. :)

im pretty sure SM is coming to Canada (and other countries) sometime this year too.

i mean, if they have time to go to kazakhstan then im pretty sure theyll find SOME time this year to come to canada.. XD

Haha :P Yeah that's true it's just that I really want to get in but I can't risk the chances :D

Their company door does'nt put a notice board and say" No entry for ulgy people " lol !

If you have the chance to go korea , just go in and show them what you got ! If SM entertainment not interest on you it does not mean other company not interest on you .

Unlike me , born in a poor family and can't even fly to korea ..... 

Try out ? I don't even have the chance to fly to korea ...

Don't say that, you have to believe in your family to make it happen. My family is struggling just to pay my school bills yet they are willing to fly me to America to catch my dreams and live it.

"You have to treat others the way you want to be treated" <-- That is the quote I live by in life and trust me it works.

And I want to know if anyone from Soompi is going to audition cause I don't want to audition alone >.>

Haha :P Yeah that's true it's just that I really want to get in but I can't risk the chances :D

Don't say that, you have to believe in your family to make it happen. My family is struggling just to pay my school bills yet they are willing to fly me to America to catch my dreams and live it.

"You have to treat others the way you want to be treated" <-- That is the quote I live by in life and trust me it works.

And I want to know if anyone from Soompi is going to audition cause I don't want to audition alone >.>

You have a nice family , 

My sister knew  that I wanted to become a kpop singer , then she just tell me :"Stop day dreaming and she me not practical "

At that night , I cried the whole night while lying on bed . 

I can't imagine what my parent's reactions if I ask them to pay for fees and support me fly to korea to apply for audition 

You have a nice family , 

My sister knew  that I wanted to become a kpop singer , then she just tell me :"Stop day dreaming and she me not practical "

At that night , I cried the whole night while lying on bed . 

I can't imagine what my parent's reactions if I ask them to pay for fees and support me fly to korea to apply for audition 

Don't worry, you have to work hard to prove that your parents money will be put to good use even if you don't get in the audition first try or not, you have to work hard to prove to your parents that you deserve do go to Korea and when I say work hard I don't mean be a suck up, just get good school results and do things that you usually wont do to please your parents. 

The most important thing is that if your sister/family/cousin/etc. says stuff like, "AHAHA! You'll never get in" or something like that, all you have to do is ignore that! Who are they to tell you what you can and cannot achieve, this is your dream to be a KPOP star and it is your dream to live, I mean even though I haven't auditioned yet, I've been working hard on my dance routine and trying my best in school (I fail in school so far...) BUT! My parents are starting to see my effort and they are asking my slowly such as, "Son why do you want to go to America; LA to audition?" They keep asking questions and sooner or later they will probably book me a time :D But this is my parents and I assure you that if you can please your parents then you can please anyone in the world! remember what I said , "You have to treat others the way you want to be treated" if you follow that one line in life you will succeed. 

And good luck.

Don't worry, you have to work hard to prove that your parents money will be put to good use even if you don't get in the audition first try or not, you have to work hard to prove to your parents that you deserve do go to Korea and when I say work hard I don't mean be a suck up, just get good school results and do things that you usually wont do to please your parents. 

The most important thing is that if your sister/family/cousin/etc. says stuff like, "AHAHA! You'll never get in" or something like that, all you have to do is ignore that! Who are they to tell you what you can and cannot achieve, this is your dream to be a KPOP star and it is your dream to live, I mean even though I haven't auditioned yet, I've been working hard on my dance routine and trying my best in school (I fail in school so far...) BUT! My parents are starting to see my effort and they are asking my slowly such as, "Son why do you want to go to America; LA to audition?" They keep asking questions and sooner or later they will probably book me a time :D But this is my parents and I assure you that if you can please your parents then you can please anyone in the world! remember what I said , "You have to treat others the way you want to be treated" if you follow that one line in life you will succeed. 

And good luck.

I haven't tell my mom and dad that I wanted to become a kpop singer , only my sister found out because she saw me applying online audition .

I haven't tell my mom and dad that I wanted to become a kpop singer , only my sister found out because she saw me applying online audition .

Ahh, you have more chance of getting accepted with the Weekly Audition, why? Because it was only good to apply online when it was first invented but over a period of time, the process of doing it got spread like crazy around the world and SM Entertainment probably gets like 4000+ emails per-day just for audition so it's VERY easy for them to skip over your email. I recommend doing the Weekly Auditions in LA if you want to cause you can speak English well so it wouldn't be that hard to find the place.

Ahh, you have more chance of getting accepted with the Weekly Audition, why? Because it was only good to apply online when it was first invented but over a period of time, the process of doing it got spread like crazy around the world and SM Entertainment probably gets like 4000+ emails per-day just for audition so it's VERY easy for them to skip over your email. I recommend doing the Weekly Auditions in LA if you want to cause you can speak English well so it wouldn't be that hard to find the place.

"sigh" 

I not sure what to do now , I don't have the courages to talk to my mom and dad about I wanted to become a kpop singer ,wanted to fly to korea apply for audition .

Started from from 2011 , I keep finding korea entertainment companies by using the internet and try to apply for online audition ,everyday having insomnia because of my 

BIG DREAM....

"sigh"

I not sure what to do now , I don't have the courages to talk to my mom and dad about I wanted to become a kpop singer ,wanted to fly to korea apply for audition .

Started from from 2011 , I keep finding korea entertainment companies by using the internet and try to apply for online audition ,everyday having insomnia because of my

BIG DREAM....

I say you go for it, right now my dad wants me to finish school (I would be 18) and I think that's a bit late to audition but I still say yes to his request so I don't get him angry and change his mind. I'm trying to work hard to prove to him. And yes, it's only normal to dream about being famous when you want to be famous SOO bad (I have dreams to :P). What are you auditioning for?

I say you go for it, right now my dad wants me to finish school (I would be 18) and I think that's a bit late to audition but I still say yes to his request so I don't get him angry and change his mind. I'm trying to work hard to prove to him. And yes, it's only normal to dream about being famous when you want to be famous SOO bad (I have dreams to :P). What are you auditioning for?

Vocal 

I see...my best tip for this is to sing a song that's not from the Company itself or they will think the following: "Being a suck up", "A fan of (artist) songs", etc.

And even if they don't think those things they will obviously compare you to the original artist and trust me, no one in the world could over-do an original artist (Someone, maybe someone can but it'll be that person must be like an angel or something). So sing a song that REALLY suits your voice.

I see that not many people are auditioning for dance...

I see...my best tip for this is to sing a song that's not from the Company itself or they will think the following: "Being a suck up", "A fan of (artist) songs", etc.

And even if they don't think those things they will obviously compare you to the original artist and trust me, no one in the world could over-do an original artist (Someone, maybe someone can but it'll be that person must be like an angel or something). So sing a song that REALLY suits your voice.

I see that not many people are auditioning for dance...

I know , but nowadays all the kpop singers always release digital songs , its so hard to find some song that suitable for me 

I know , but nowadays all the kpop singers always release digital songs , its so hard to find some song that suitable for me

Yeah, that's true cause it's coming to the time where slow and songs are not really the trend anymore so now KPOP idols will create either: Pop, Techno, etc. songs to get the attention of younger fans such as teenagers, etc.

Sing a song like: I'm Yours - Jason Mraz or Look What You've Done - Jet

those 2 songs are really good songs that would suit most of the voices and when you sing don't try to make your voice sound similar to the artist just sing it in your own voice. And I recommend singing English songs.

Who is going to audition this year or next year?

Damn ! I always blame myself why I started dreaming so late !!!!!

I living in malaysia and I am a chinese , SM did held audition in Malaysia in 2006 and 2007 !!!!

2 years in a row !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

RAWR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gonna hold a knive and stab myself !!!crazy.gif

Damn ! I always blame myself why I started dreaming so late !!!!!

I living in malaysia and I am a chinese , SM did held audition in Malaysia in 2006 and 2007 !!!!

2 years in a row !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

RAWR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gonna hold a knive and stab myself !!!*quoted image*

LOL! Calm down dude, they might always have auditions next year, I'm Chinese to. And I might audition next year for dancing.

Oh , really ? where are you came from  ? 

I'm born in Cambodia (So I'm Cambodian) but my Dad is Chinese so that makes me half half, I can speak fluent in Chinese, Basic Cambodian (I understand all of it though) and I can speak fluent English (duh) and basic Japanese which is what I'm currently learning at school.

Yeah, I get the language genes from my mom, she knows how to: read, speak, write and listen to 7 different languages.

I'm auditioning for Dancing btw. 

And good luck.

Archived