♯ ♫ `__BLOCK B [블락비] official thread__■ ■

Guest chopper!

Guest Nerdificated

@chopper!

I'm grateful that Music Bank didn't cut as much as Inki and MNET. But they DID cut a bit. I realized it just now. The original song is like 3 minutes and 32 seconds and the performance on Music Bank was 3 minutes and 9 seconds. 

BUT, I don't think it's TOO bad, I barely noticed it. It's much better than Inki and MNET. They cut the second time that Taeil sung, in the MV between 1:51 and 2:06. I don't know what else they cut... maybe one of those "STOP"-sequences?

Anyway, I swooned at those winks! xD I agree, gifs for those moments! Did anyone else notice the seductive eyes that B-Bomb gave at 1:29 to the left? ;D Also, I haven't quite gotten used to B-Bomb's hair. x)

@chopper!, then lets start an fundraising and gift the boys lots of meat so they have the energy to keep on performing as well as they did today! xD ;D

EDIT:

blockbfied at YT put up the audio of the boys today at Starry Starry Night. Taeil's voice is TO DIE FOR! So... beautiful. :´(

[RADIO-AUD] Block B - Intro pt.5 at Park Kyung Lim Starry Night Cut 11.04.22 (Read Vid Description)

Credit: blockbfied at youtube

EDIT:

Taken from Kyung's twitter --> BlockBKyung

Kyung with Miss S

tumblr_lk2c5e5W281qhqvroo1_250.jpg

Also his attempt to take a "picture". xD Haha! He's like my mum, when she's going to take a picture; she starts recording instead. xD

Kyung's video - "I took a video clip as if taking a picture. hehe:)"

Credit: BlockBKyung @ twitter and kyung park @ twitvid

Edit:

Subbed version of 5th and final day on Starry Starry Night:

[110422] Block B - "Starry Night" Radio (Day 5 Final) [ENGLISH SUBS]

Credit: riano @ Youtube

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ceneash

Just tweeted from cho pd 

*quoted image*

this picture is super sad. mucore bished and cutted their perf. i just can't express how dissapointed i am. really, now i love only mubank - the only one show, that let our boys to show their full perf. it is very unfair to do that only for Block B debut stage, while others can perform full time or even more than one song. ah... just wanted to rant a bit..

Edit: going to post some amusing pics of them at  least..

Zico @ mubank 110422

tumblr_lk2kfpizCb1qeduspo1_250.giftumblr_lk2lg0ngmL1qeduspo1_250.giftumblr_lk2mi9d11C1qeduspo1_500.giftumblr_lk2joyF06E1qeduspo1_500.gif

tumblr_lk2lykQLyQ1qeduspo1_500.jpg

cr: ployjiyong @ tumblr

110418 Lotte World

tumblr_lk2cxk0xW51qj3ynyo1_500.png

cr: parkkyung.com

@ PKL Starry Night

tumblr_lk2fruNVm01qj3h1xo1_500.png

cr: blockbfied @ tumblr

282327558.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303551758&Signature=g6K%2FtKkO1LTkr4zoMIcLwAkAKdQ%3D

282360851.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303551821&Signature=JUcGt8nnowKqnHlp5hdJhr%2Fh5YI%3D

282343162.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303551882&Signature=QrGIAqyGEcJqLfJpBXNAIcjE9hM%3D

282311256.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303551925&Signature=ZR71MXRqJHzGo9NhMnF75kJZY5E%3D

282303870.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303551928&Signature=uiDyh59XC3%2BcHyG4h%2BZAJu7erUg%3D

cr: ohlilu @ twitter

THE SEXIEST CAR SALESMAN EVER

tumblr_lk3ega8YL31qcp8bd.gif

tumblr_lk3egoiA3Q1qcp8bd.gif

tumblr_lk3eh2m6UN1qcp8bd.gif

tumblr_lk3ehfbPG61qcp8bd.gif

tumblr_lk3ehvqDuS1qcp8bd.gif

cr: andyymariee @ tumblr

aaand.. THIS VIDEO

because they should always just smile!

cr: blocbfied @ youtube

Guest sagua_cider

^The caption for that twitpic goes..

"Heok was monitoring with Block then we were surprised when we saw the outfits!!"

translated by me

I wonder what's with the outfits.. Maybe the stage was too dark and the boys' faces were not clearly seen? Did they choose the wrong outfit colors? O_o

*keepsonthiningofpossiblereasons*

I'm still disappointed about the perf being cut. T__T

Guest Nerdificated

@bravo_my_life

They look so sad in that photo... I feel so bad for the boys. :( 

They cut their performance again... THREE debut performances has been cut already. Other groups debuting (I won't mention names... although, you may know who they are. But don't worry, I'm not bashing them.) are being allowed to perform their entire performance. dry.gif

THREE debut performances has been cut by Inkigayo, MNET and now Music Core... what's up with that? Are they biased??

Sorry, I'm just a BIT pissed off. -.-

Here's their performance today:

Block B - Freeze

Credit: CrazyCarrot270

They did good in the 2 minutes that they got, but I'm sensing that they're a bit down. :( 

block B don't let this get you down!! Just keep on going! block B and BBC's FIGHTING! :D

Edit:

@ceneash

Zico's smile is so charming! ^_^

Also, I'D BUY THAT CAR.

I've got no driver's license, but dammit, I'd buy that car! xD

BTW, does anyone know if they're performing at Inkigayo tomorrow? I heard that they're not going to perform. :<

Guest ceneash

Block B debuts with ‘Freeze’ on Music Core

2vwxnc1.jpg

Back in February, veteran rapper/producer Cho PD  announced that he was going to unleash a new boy band named Block B. The  boys trained with some of the biggest names in the hip hop scene like Verbal Jint and Rhymer before finally debuting on today’s episode of “Music Core“!

The seven member team is led by main rappers Zico and Kyung, “Birth of a Great Star” contestant and main vocalist Taeil, sub-rapper P.O., and sub-vocals Jae Hyo, U-Kwon, and B-Bomb. Their debut album was produced entirely by leader Zico and Kyung.

Their title track, “Freeze“, is an electronic hip hop track that aims to showcase the talent of each and every member. Check out their debut stage below!

Here

cr: allkpop

Nerdificated - it looks like they won't be performing on inkigayo tomorrow. according to their shedule, today was the last performance in April. :o i don't really know if it is true, but it looks like it is.

Guest Nerdificated

@ceneash

Aw, snap! D: That's too bad... I want my daily dose of block B... xD

But here, VITALSIGN @ AKP translated Kyung's (I think) twitter:

"Tomorrow, we have a broadcast appearance at Sunhwa Girls High School in Kyungbook. Those that can come, please come!"

Credit: VITALSIGN @ Allkpop

I'm hoping for fancams!! ;D

Guest chopper!

sigh, i'm not even mad anymore. it's too ridiculous. but i'm thinking maybe cho pd doesn't know how music programs work? o_O i went over my whole list of rookies that ever debuted lols, and i see some that never even showed their faces on music programs (those are the ones that have companies that we've never heard of) and i see some that have sunbaes or popular artists in their company to boost up their rookies popularity. cho pd doesn't really do music programs, so i'm guessing he's still new to this, i don't know >_<

but yupp, no inkigayo tomorrow, cho pd tweeted last week that they were only having three music programs this week. nonetheless, the boys did a great job and i love the close ups onto their faces<3

this week was full of block b love<3 i had my daily dose of them *_* now i'm praying they're secretly recording some kind of variety show *crosses fingers*

Guest gerty

2011.04.18 ZICO at Lotte World

29 pics - click for full size

0CD32l.jpg

MFEHAm.jpgZIrPGm.jpg

V71Yzm.jpgskreMm.jpg

E4Zcim.jpgK1Inlm.jpg

4Dm7fm.jpg0zeFdm.jpg

qBjbgl.jpg

YuOmjl.jpg

cEe7Cm.jpgyfhKkm.jpgHY1w9m.jpg

1WQgBm.jpgSDbNUm.jpgrASGlm.jpg

puqoUm.jpg6J482m.jpgtCoZbm.jpg

iY4rpm.jpgyFKNsm.jpg6xS5Um.jpg

xwK6lm.jpgiNIJ0m.jpgUv5cOm.jpg

mcvOzm.jpg7snAxm.jpg9yCU3m.jpg

Credit: woojiho.com

Please don't edit the pics, don't remove the watermark, and whatever. Have a little respect for the photographer.

Guest suppi

^ Yes!! If you guys have a Twitter account and want to support the boys, please read that official announcement posted by Block B's international forum!

If you don't have a Twitter account, maybe now is the time to make one! After all, it's for the sake of Block B and their future. So please help the boys and let your voices be heard!

Guest harlequinn

Block B is the only rookie group that caught my attention :D

I love Zico's rap especially xD i've watched them on Starry Night, hope to see them more in radio and variety shows~

right now i can't wait to see Jaehyo in Oh My School special >.<

and btw, hello everyone ^^

Guest Nerdificated

@chopper!

Yeah, one gets tired of this, and I bet the boys get tired of it too. -_- I really don't know what the problem is... :/ It can be like you say, that Cho PD is new to it all. But I heard that last week when they were going to debut on Music Core, they also said that their performance would be cut, and Cho PD didn't want that. 

Ah, whatever it is; it's unfair. :<

@ceneash

I heard that he was going to be on 100 points out of 100! :D I was so happy and did a little dance... in my head. lol. xD I can't wait, although it would've been even more awesome if had been more of block B, so we could see a little bit of interaction. :)

@_minchee_

Welcome to the fandom! :D We also love block B! ^__^ Check out the other two songs from their single, "Wanna b" and "나만 이런거야" (lol, I did copy paste that :P ). Also check out Zico's mixtape! It's awesome!

@gerty

Thanks for the pics! Zico's so awesome. :D

@chibifinster

Hi there! :D You're from 6theory right? Ah, anyway, thanks for the heads up... now I got to make a twitter account to support the boys! :D

@iMAGiNATi0NS

I saw that too! :D Did you guys now that the articles about block B is on first and third place in the Popular list? ^__^ It's the power of BBCs! Please comment if you want to. :3

Lol, this post became a bit of "talk to everyone" or something. Sorry!

Edit:

Zico's been writing a song! :]

[TRANS] @ZICO92 "If the song will be a follow-up song or if it will be put on the mini-album I don't know but the melody recording is done..! HanHae hyung good job...!"

[TRANS] @peedeebaby "Listening to Zico's new song ^^"

Credit: Zico's and PD Cho's twitteraccounts

Translation: TweetontheBlock

Edit:

Hi harlequinn! ^__^

Guest Nerdificated

Woo! :D On the soompi chart? Awesome! Thanks for sharing, ceneash. ^^ Also, those pictures! :D

Kyung with a lego-car=cute~ :D

Someone did a review on "Do You Wanna B?" on allkpop, check it out:

[Review] ‘Do You Wanna B?’ by Block B

by Rowdyruff on April 24, 2011 at 9:17 am

20110414_blockb_43.jpg

Hip-hop artist and producer Cho PD has taken the newly released boy band Block B under his wing and taught them a thing or two about transitioning from the underground scene into the mainstream.  What is attention grabbing about this set of guys is that they’re taking that ‘underground’ mindset and applying themselves to better their appeal to the masses.  As a nod of respect, Cho PD has expressed that he has honed in on Block B’s talent and allowed them artistic freedom right now rather than later on in their career.

In a recent interview with OSEN, when asked about the stand-out qualities of the newly christened group, Cho PD answered: “What we lack in comparison, such as our resources and creativity, we must make up for in talent.” Also, in another interview with Newsen, he stated: “Popularity can disappear, but talent will always remain. I want to instill in my artists the ability to grow on their own…”

The walls of K-pop seem to be caving in rather than expanding these days, and by a quick skim of Cho PD’s statements and previous interviews, he too feels it’s time to start setting a firm foundation for Block B rather than launching them with little to offer like so many have done before.

So how did their debut effort fare?

Track List:

01 Wanna B

02 그대로 멈춰라! (Freeze)

03 나만 이런거야

Block B consists of ZicoKyung, Taeil, P.O.Jae HyoU-Kwon, and B-Bomb. The group’s main niche is rap/hip-hop – there are a total of three rappers, all of which have had experience spitting lines in the Korean hip-hop scene.  The rest of the posse are vocalists, with Taeil leading the pack as main vocals.

Block B’s debut mini album is titled “Do You Wanna B?“,  and it features three songs, all of which resonate those hip-hop vibes mentioned earlier. Usually it’s the established hip-hop stars like Supreme Team or Epik High who bring the mouthful of rap and bold phrases to the K-pop scene – lyrics and flow that are otherwise out of sight and out of mind – but it’s definitely a nice sight to see rookies coming out with that style from the get-go, as it adds to the diversity K-pop music strives for.

Block B are currently promoting their lead single, “Freeze“,  and just by the sound of it, it’s clear they’ve dolled the song up with glitz and glamor to give it that commercial feel.  Truthfully, it’s rather generic for a debut single, but I realized it was going to sound like that going in. Why? Because Block B are new and are trying to bridge the gap between hip-hop and pop music.  That, and the fact that they have to cooperate as a unit of rappers and singers now.  It’s not easy in this day and age to drop into the scene with new music when pop leans towards over-processing and excessive amounts of electronic twists and turns; that wasn’t the case when Big Bang debuted, therefore their transition from hip-hop to pop-hip-hop (or what have you) was a clean and smooth one.  Now they’re on top of the world, but it’s a different environment now, so we shouldn’t use that to take away from Block B’s efforts.

“Freeze” follows the books and does a fine job of transitioning between the verses and pre-chorus just like a good pop song should. The melodies, though, are where things fall right into place – they’re simple, catchy, and work well with Block B’s voices.

“Freeze” also has a nice sense of direction and dives head first into an impressive rap break about 2:20 in.  It’ll be your first glimpse at the true talent that is driving Block B: rap.

Zico (and company) have a surprisingly exceptional flow, one that definitely stands out among the boybands in K-pop.  In particular, Zico has a long standing history with the underground hip-hop scene and has previously released his own material, so he’s certainly no stranger to the game.

It’s one thing to recite lines that have been manufactured by a big name agency (insert every idolrapper), and a complete other to have the skill, experience, and authenticity of an artist who raps. “Freeze” doesn’t do this group any justice on that front….

…but that’s where “Wanna B” comes in.

“Wanna B” is way more on point with the hip-hop style Block B is going for.  This song is chock-full of rap lines and you can really tell who’s rhyming what because each rapper has a distinguishing color to their voice.  One is super throaty (P.O.), the other is higher in pitch (Kyung), and then you have one who stands somewhere in between (Zico).  There’s diversity there and it stretches to the vocalists, who insert the necessary releases of tension built up by the rappers.  All in all, “Wanna B” is the preferred up-tempo song over the lead single, in my opinion.

Block B is very new to the land of K-pop, but it’s impressive that they wrote and produced the songs on this mini album.  Consequently, in comparison to their peers, they are essentially waltzing in and single handedly upping the quality of the raps in K-pop, not to mention giving established songwriters a good run for their money.

“나만 이런거야” alone, which doesn’t hit as hard as the previous two songs, does a good job of sanding K-pop songs down to fairy dust with its contemporary-R&B style (나만 이런거야).

Now where Block B will have trouble convincing audiences in their current evolution is on stage.  In the recording studio, they are on top of their game, but they lose all the steam during their live performances (as expected from a rookie group).  Basically, Block B lack the endurance and the stamina to deliver a vocally cohesive and consistent live stage, and it has shown in their recent performances (Block B – Freeze).

To look at it another way, Block B don’t have that K-pop versatility just yet to stand against the bigger pop groups, and given that they’re mainstream now and on K-pop turf, that’s something worth working on.

Regardless, as a whole package, as long as Block B continue experimenting with their style, working on their vocals, and getting a little more creative without losing that strong hip-hop punch they possess, they’ll really start seeing people take notice of their hard work.  And who knows, hopefully they may even get more than  two minutes of air time on these weekly music programs.

Overall Rating: 4.3/5

What are your thoughts on this mini album?

Credit: Rowdyruff @ Allkpop

I actually agree with most of these things. ^__^ And 4.3/5 seems fair enough.

ALSO! If you look at the popular list, you can see that it's on second place right now. :D It's the power of BBC's! Feel free to drop in and leave a comment, we're nearing first place. :P And it's really fun to chat with other BBC's! ^__^

By the way! Don't forget to vote for our boys here:

Mnet Countdown

You'll need to become a member though, I became one. :) Just go onto their homepage and click "회원가입" and choose foreigner and go on. But it only worked on Internet Explorer for some reason... >_> and I couldn't use hotmail to become a member, they never sent me any mail.

Archived