2011 The JYP USA Audition Tour

Guest Tteokguk

Guest omgit'sme

sorry for asking again but i'm really curious, did anyone else get that email with the excel sheet attached?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 91DLG

no SF audition :'(

i don't know whether it's really worth the eight hour drive down...grr.

is anyone else thinking about driving down from norcal?

I live in the Bay Area and I was also disappointed in no SF audition. =/ I'm actually pretty scared to ask my parents to drive me down there coz I'm already going for the Korean Music Festival and it's costing me a lot... But if you're not sure whether it's worth the drive, maybe ask yourself if you really really want to audition? Because if you did, then you'd try to make it there any way you could. At least, that's what I'm going to try and do =P If you do end up going, tell me! Maybe I'll see you there :)

Guest xx60seconds

I'm a bit confused, can you audition for more then one area?

I want to audition for both Sing & Dance.

Do I just send in 2 applications?

~Thanks

X day & a half drive to go to an audition. I hope it's worth it. :/

Guest BlueSpark

~Thanks

I know for sure that you CAN audition for more than one area, however I'm unsure of how you can go about doing that.

I would like to know as well.

Not sure if I'll even come close to making it into the 2nd round, but I am really eager to give the audition a go because music is what I really want to do.

I'm going to fly down to LA from the Bay Area as well.  I think we all hope it's worth it x_x

Guest rachellovee

i swear i didnt get the option of individual or group...=,=

whb2ab.jpg

it might not be there if you register online as a non-member

Hey, I'm confused. So do you just sign up for the audition? Because I'm a little confused.

So you sign up on the website, and you don't upload the files. You just wait for the date of when the tour is coming to your location?

Or are you suppose to also submit files online of you singing and stuff?

you register (applying is a different thing; applying is to become a member and registering is to get like, a number at the audition) online either as a non-member or member, no difference really, and you wait for the when the tour comes to your town. there isn't really a need to upload files online anyways since they apparently never check the english version of the audition site.

I live in the Bay Area and I was also disappointed in no SF audition. =/ ... Maybe I'll see you there :)

yeah, i went last year to the SF audition and though i never got a callback they called me back a whilte later asking if i could help them recruit chinese guy dancers which was awesome...except my mom wouldn't let me! >O but yeah, i think i may drive down with my friend and brother and possibly use it as a springboard for a roadtrip and SM audition as well hehe. hope to see you there too!

Guest dahye_is_here

~Thanks

You only need one application. But, at the 2009 auditions, they didn't let people audition for more than one category. If you wanted to sing and dance, you had to choose between one :/ But I remember one dude was dancing and I think they were interested in him cuz they asked him to dance again. Haha. I hope they rent out a bigger place though. I remember it was so squished in the lobby and they had to put like 100+ people into the audition room -_-

Guest chocoshake

Sorry for all the questions, I've just been debating with myself if I should try or not, so I'm asking all these questions to make sure.

1) So I'm mainly a singer, but if I learn a dance routine, should I audition for dance as well?

I'm not a bad dancer, but if you ask me to free style, the best I could probably do is the running man xD

2) Also, if you get past these auditions, it doesn't mean you're in right? You still have to audition twice more?

Guest Alphabetical

Sorry for all the questions, I've just been debating with myself if I should try or not, so I'm asking all these questions to make sure.

1) So I'm mainly a singer, but if I learn a dance routine, should I audition for dance as well?

I'm not a bad dancer, but if you ask me to free style, the best I could probably do is the running man xD

2) Also, if you get past these auditions, it doesn't mean you're in right? You still have to audition twice more?

Im not sure if you can do both sing and dance because of time but maybe you could if you ask them before you go up?? xP

And I think you go to korea for the second round, im not sure, don't take my word for this!!

Guest tifferini

I'm auditioning for an MC/VJ, and I was wondering if anyone has tips for that.

I know I have to prepare a script, but what kind of script are they looking for exactly.

Thanks!

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I'm auditioning for an MC/VJ, and I was wondering if anyone has tips for that.

I know I have to prepare a script, but what kind of script are they looking for exactly.

Thanks!

I think they want you to prepare something like an announcement type script...Most MC's and VJ's read scripts off of Que Cards and such...Just prepare something you would notice when you watch Music Bank or something.

Guest unknowntohim

omg i'm so excited!!!

umm idk if this question has been asked or not but anyway

i m going to ask.

is it ok if u don't apply online and just apply when u get to the

audition place??

if it's ok then i m going to go to toronto for the audition. hehe so excited.

Guest Shaiza90

Are you supposed to get a confirmation email or something after you apply? I didn't get anything and I was wondering if anyone else got anything.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Are you supposed to get a confirmation email or something after you apply? I didn't get anything and I was wondering if anyone else got anything.

Yeah I got a confirmation email...It says to bring a printed copy of my application to the audition.

Guest chocoshake

Ohhh I applied in Firefox, was that a mistake? I got a little window that says I was registered, but I never got an email :/ Should I redo my application?

Guest cleanchees

I am doing a road trip down to LA! WHOO-HOO! Last day of school for my school is May 20th. A nice way to end high school and the school year. x))

Guest 91DLG

Yay! Got my e-mail last night :) I have a (really) stupid question though, if no one minds me asking sweatingbullets.gif For the username, were we supposed to put our full name? All I did was put my first name_and my last initial. I didn't know we were supposed to print out that form and bring it to the audition so I just entered in that username.  If this is wrong, please let me know ASAP so I can try and register again under a different e-mail address or something. Thank you!

Archived