2011 The JYP USA Audition Tour

Guest Tteokguk

Guest 91DLG

@sweetangelkiss12: I'm planning to sing for roughly 40 seconds - 1 minute, depending on the time and if they're rushing people. I'm also preparing 3 songs, one in English, one in Japanese (because I speak a little of it) and one in Korean, just in case they'd rather have people sing in another language. Haha. I know, I'm over prepared XD But at least I'll be ready!

@freshwater_bottle: I suppose you could try applying again with a different e-mail but I'm not sure if it will let you use all the same info =/ Maybe try a different username? Haha. But if you got the verification code through your current e-mail address, then I don't know why you wouldn't get the application back... And I'll be going to the LA auditions :) I'm really excited because my parents agreed. For the longest time I was scared to ask them because the drive is pretty far (about 6-7 hours) from where I live.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sweetangelkiss12

@ 91DLG I also am preparing 3 songs too, 1 in English, korean, and Japanese. I'm also preparing a rap. And you can never be over-prepared! I'm actually going to see if I can do online auditions first and then go do the live ones cause I have a damn midterm so I don't know if I'll be able to go to the new york one! Are you preparing a dance too?

Guest samsaraeye

Thank you so much for replying!...I have yet to do the application process...I'm trying to get all my s*** together before I actually do it.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes or be intrusive...but how is everyone's preparations going?  How long are your guys "routines?"

Im rapping, and freestyling rapping. For the dance...i'm i can freestyle or breakdance..it doesnt matter, to whatever song they have.

Singing...meh...i got a find a song soon...

Guest sweetangelkiss12

Im rapping, and freestyling rapping. For the dance...i'm i can freestyle or breakdance..it doesnt matter, to whatever song they have.

Singing...meh...i got a find a song soon...

I'm also going to do some breakdancing moves,besides Sori I don't think I've ever heard of a main stream idol girl break dancing...Good luck finding a song to sing though!

@shaiza90: I read on some forum somewhere that JYP Entertainment is not fond of idol routines, but it's not like they disregard it if you do one (however, don't know how reliable this information is since I read it on a forum so don't take my word for it). I guess if you do a dance that's already been done, you should make it your own by putting your own spin on it...maybe youtube some stuff...Find out what you're really comfortable with because then you'll be able to showcase your moves better. Song wise, I would go with something RnB or hip hop sounding...

Guest KhmerChinboiy

so do you have to be actually at the audition place like LA,NY,Toronto,Vancuver to be audition? Cuz i'm from Minnesota which is far away from all of this places.

Guest 91DLG

@starzXshinee Thank you for the heads up! :D

@loversixteen I am singing the chorus & maybe the first verse depending on whether the chorus of the song I pick is less than 40 seconds at the least or not.

@sweetangelkiss12 As much as I don't want to dance at the audition (because I'm not very good sweatingbullets.gif I will prepare something. Not sure if it'll be free style or not though.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

so do you have to be actually at the audition place like LA,NY,Toronto,Vancuver to be audition? Cuz i'm from Minnesota which is far away from all of this places.

^ Well yes you do have to be their in person since it is a live USA auditions.

Guest Munchkins

@shaiza90: I read on some forum somewhere that JYP Entertainment is not fond of idol routines, but it's not like they disregard it if you do one.

It's obvious that they won't be impressed with idol routines. Well, maybe if a 5 year old did it, they would be impressed. But as I was saying, anyone can copy a routine from an idol group. Those dances were choreographed so that it looks good but does not require a lot of stamina due to the fact that idols need to sing, hence the title 'singer'. It looks hard but it is, in fact, extremely easy to copy. (if you have enough patience and time to pause a video of them dancing a million times.) True, they will not disregard a person dancing to their favorite idol group's dance. But they will think that THAT is the extent of their dancing skills.

For those that say they cant dance: If you think that you can't dance, then you will never be able to. Dancing is not a matter of can or cannot but do or do not. Don't stress over dancing; it will only wear you out. Dancing is about expressing yourself and having fun. A good way to practice that is to play a song and feel it. Listen to the rhythm and beat and do what your body tells you to do. Don't think, feel. I know it sounds corny but it works. That's how people choreograph. They feel the music and just dance.

Now a question of my own.

We don't have to apply unless we don't want to wait right? Like, you can apply on the day but if you apply online, you don't have to wait 5 hours....right? :D

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^ you can apply on the audition date...But I think either way both online applicants and last minute applicants both have to wait however long the audition hours it will be.

Guest sweetangelkiss12

It's obvious that they won't be impressed with idol routines. Well, maybe if a 5 year old did it, they would be impressed. But as I was saying, anyone can copy a routine from an idol group. Those dances were choreographed so that it looks good but does not require a lot of stamina due to the fact that idols need to sing, hence the title 'singer'. It looks hard but it is, in fact, extremely easy to copy. (if you have enough patience and time to pause a video of them dancing a million times.) True, they will not disregard a person dancing to their favorite idol group's dance. But they will think that THAT is the extent of their dancing skills.

For those that say they cant dance: If you think that you can't dance, then you will never be able to. Dancing is not a matter of can or cannot but do or do not. Don't stress over dancing; it will only wear you out. Dancing is about expressing yourself and having fun. A good way to practice that is to play a song and feel it. Listen to the rhythm and beat and do what your body tells you to do. Don't think, feel. I know it sounds corny but it works. That's how people choreograph. They feel the music and just dance.

Now a question of my own.

We don't have to apply unless we don't want to wait right? Like, you can apply on the day but if you apply online, you don't have to wait 5 hours....right? :D

Exactly my thoughts...What's impressive about doing a dance that someone else already did? I believe if you apply online you get a confirmation immediately so I'm not exactly sure since I haven't started yet

does anyone know if you could apply as a group or not? thanks in advance 

Yes, I read there's a box where you check off individual or group

Guest Alphabetical

Exactly my thoughts...What's impressive about doing a dance that someone else already did?  I believe if you apply online you get a confirmation immediately so I'm not exactly sure since I haven't started yet

Yes, I read there's a box where you check off individual or group

I looked at the registration for the live auditions and I didn't see the individual or group, but if you apply for ONLINE auditions then there is one.. weird..  D:

Guest x_asianaddict

The places have been announced, anyone know what time the auditions start and end?

@freshwater_bottle: I have the same question about the username thingy! XD I just put my first name and my last initial. Someone else said it was fine to just put a username, but I'm still not 100% sure. As for you not receiving the email, what's your email address? If you're using AOL they might not accept that (a lot of foreign sites don't). I made a separate yahoo email address just for foreign sites :)

This is the answer to the username thing. It says username but when JYP email's you your application it says name. I would suggest filling out your username and then in the Self-Introduction box, mention your full name. I had this same mistake made on filling out the username. Just remember to mention YOUR NAME in the self-into box :)

Archived