[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Love love episode 5&6 Nana and Yoon Sung are sooooooo adorableeee.I really hope that the prosecutor doesnt have romantic feeling for nana, doesnt seem like he does to me anyways. I like him with the vet , seems like he still has feelings for her. I think both couples will end up working together to bring justice to those that lost their live, i could be wrong be we will see as the episodes go on. Dont know about anyone else but Nana kinda looked affected /jealous when YS was teaching the presidents daughter lol. Im loving the living arrangement , Nana will find out maybe sooner then we think. Overall i love what this drama provides which is a bit of everything :wub:, im really hoping to see a satisfying ending (happy one) :tears: .

Guest webby

thought lee kwang soo totally nailed epi 6 with his performance. i like how they are introducing the cases related to the targets, and YS in the process gets tangled with unrelated people (may be related in kijoon's case) and starts to find himself fighting for them towards the end. That will be in deep contrast to his initial statement, e.g. when he told kijoon he never had a younger brother so he couldn't understand. In the end, i think everyone can relate to hurt, pain and suffering and very soon YS sees and empathizes with their condition as he reflects back on his own. I hope they emphasize on this more and more in the upcoming episodes. and that will really be a deterring factor when YS finds himself face to face with his biggest enemy at the end of the drama (assuming it is the president) and also at the point when YS is most weak (assuming he has come to empathize with others and realizes that people are mere men, and that people deserve a second chance). What will be more interesting is if YS goes on this road of discovery while his adoptive dad JP remains in his current state of mind filled with revenge. Then they will really be enemies becoz they are trying to accomplish different things in life and tie in to it that YS still loves his adoptive dad (even though he realizes he lied on him about his mom abandoning him), then that will be a major conflict. According to the news articles, they will def also be emphasizing on the love line, though i hope it does not take over the revenge plot. i see the relationship development between the 4 leads as time to chill, relax and laugh over their childishness, cuteness and egocentricity (if there's such a word).

i kinda think YS won't be living with NN forever. he's prob there only to keep her safe for the time being. how can the city hunter work if he's couped up indoors all the time?

think prosecutor YJ def still feels something for his ex and i hope YS will help him realize this. So he'll get to end up with a girl too :)

have to also mention that the plot was really tight in the initial part of epi5 where YS had to save NN and then run to help his dad. he's def smarter than his dad else his dad would have been caught. The police/security/swat team got the license plate number of shik joong's car. couldn't they trace it? i find it pretty unbelievable that the contender running for presidency would take 2 female bodyguards. i know they are good at judo, but wouldn't someone from the swat/cia or etc be more well trained to handle assassination? or perhaps they are more qualified but i just didn't realize it.

Ok, I have 15 more mins of epi 6 to finish.

I like the fact that YS cannot properly talk to Nana.  He keeps getting it wrong  and the practice conversations are adorable.  YS is such a sweetheart to help Nana.  His character had better get to know his mother and she better not be used as a shield by the president where she and the general are killed.....Of course they can do whatever they want, but I see blood in the future even though YS is trying not to spill any.:tears:

When their boss talked about performing better security checks during their lunchtime, I wondered if that will include current personnel.  Will they do some kind of selective sweep to update their security records on personnel or was that a thrown away conversation?  Sometimes those additional sweeps include home visitations or checks...

You know @webby, Kim Nana and the other female bodyguard are not instilling in confidence in me about their abilities to protect at present.  :sweatingbullets: Judo is one thing; going up against a person with a firearm is another.

Guest jdkk09

Why does JinPyo gather his own team to take revenge for the 20 men?  Why did he kidnap his friend's son at infancy, bully  him, train him to kill? Didn't he train YS to take revenge? The kidnapping of YS I don't understand.

Guest nana544

Aww I enjoyed reading the interview from Minho :). He sounded so sincere and down to earth. Well, I just finished episode 5 and I'm sure ep 6 is going to get better. It's so funny seeing YS getting a little jealous over Nana and the prosecutor's together. I think Minho and MinYoung has very great chemistry together in City Hunter, I really hope they both date some days :).

Guest dramaok

some caps and lines for next week:

e06110609hdtvxvidbarosa.jpge06110609hdtvxvidbarosa.jpg

YS: Why is Prosecutor Kim Young Joo here?

JP: A prosecutor?

YS: Did you find out?

JP: He's no pushover prosecutor, it seems.

more:

mom: she must be so happy, to have such a sturdy son.

YS: I don't have a mom.

JP: pay extra caution to your actions.

e06110609hdtvxvidbarosa.jpg

Seo: Are you saying you're going to make me drop out from the election?

Pres: Candidate Seo!

Seo: Do as you wish.

e06110609hdtvxvidbarosa.jpg

JP: Is it because of a girl?

YS: It's not because of a girl.

JP: Then why are you stagnating?

YS: The time isn't ripe yet.

JP: I see that you've gotten quite pompous while we were apart.

Why does JinPyo gather his own team to take revenge for the 20 men?  Why did he kidnap his friend's son at infancy, bully  him, train him to kill? Didn't he train YS to take revenge? The kidnapping of YS I don't understand.

i think Jin Pyo took baby Yoon Sung away for YS's mom's sake, so she can start a new life, without "baggage" now that her husband is gone and she's pretty struggling financially. i guess it's because he's never married or had his own children, that what he did was actually quite detrimental to YS's mother, regardless of his intention. because you see that she never recovered from losing her baby.

also, i think he trained Yoon Sung to revenge, for Yoon Sung's father, Moo Yeol, but i think this is also misguided. Perhaps he feels guilty that MY died, as well as the other 19 men he led, while he is the lone survivor. the trauma and the betrayal he felt must have done something to his mind. ultimately, i really question whether the satisfaction he may gain from killing and/or punishing the council of 5 would be enough to fill his hole of grief and guilt. i think he's a little nuts. though kinda hot badass in his own ahjussi way.

actually i am quite interested in what the council of 5 feel about what happened in Oct of 1983. whether they feel that they've committed a wrong or not. it seems they were able to justify the killing, as a small sacrifice for the good of their nation. I haven't really sensed any remorse from the council, except maybe the President himself. Former Minister of Defense, Seo Yong Hak seems more worried that ppl might find out, then feeling guilty. I don't know what former Minister of Education, Kim Jong Shik (YJ's dad) is thinking. He seems mysterious from his lack of words and lack of show of emotions. Then the other two, Congressman Lee Kyung Wan, we know he's horrible and now going nuts in jail, and the last guy, Mr. Cheon, seems like a ordinary politician who will do whatever to hold power.

I find Lee Min Ho's adoptive father very atractive(I am not sure, I usually dislike older dudes), I wish I could see how he looked like in his younger days.Ahhhh....

Anyone knows the name of the actor who got into a fight with Lee Min Ho in episode 5 at nana's place?

I find his evilness attractive as well.I was Lee Min Who when they started hehe.

I hope this drama wont be rushed and stuuupid like BAd boy, but I wouldn't like it to be extended into a romantic nonsense sap like Autumn's concerto.I'd hate for it to have an Iris ending(death) I'm tired of ppl killing off characters when they run out of ideas for the plot.Have about all of them surviving and making me feel good.

Anyone else finds the relationship of the imprisoned computer genius and nana's bodyguard friend super cute. I hope they get together soon.

I'm also tired of waiting for subs and then to find the viedeo isn't available in your region.

I think after this one I'll go back at watching only older finished dramas I can download.This is annoying and I feel deprived and out of that 'region' and 'special access' areas.

hmm...no, I don't think I've seen him in anything. what do you recommend? :w00t:

Sorry for replying SO late...

Aside from this drama CH, LMH's first main lead role is Boys Over Flowers (with Goo Hye Sun) -- KBS2

next is Personal Taste (With Son Yeh Jin) -- MBC

then NOW CH (With Park Min Young) -- SBS

He had also MINOR roles in some teeange/school drama & some movies.. :wub:

dramaok, kumawo-yo chingu for your hard work.. I was happy that what I initially understand in the preview is the same as yours..

I am just a BEGINNER and can understand some... And I am happy whenever I confirmed that I can understand conversational Korean... Thanks to Kdramas and to the people LIKE YOU who make me so encouraged in learning Korean :lol:

NOW I am MORE concerned of what might JP do to NN since he bet that YS is pushing a little his revenge plot because of NN.. :( . I am now anticipating how could YS save her from JP... :wub:

And after seeing YS and his mom.. I am so feeling the SADNESS and emotions.. I am hoping JP would CORRECT what was YS thought of about his mom... that his mom abandoned her... I am just seeing that YS mom DON'T DESERVE.. EVER to be accused as a mom-who-just-abandoned-her-OWN-child while she was so TEARING APART whenever he's remembering his BABY-BORN child 28 years ago... :tears:

Ventilator, if you can't access subs because of your region, you can still wait for WITHS2's subs..

although it takes MORE time for them to sub, their QUALITY of subs have STANDARDS...

(No offense-meant to the FASTEST subbers)

http://withs2.com/view/city-hunter --- withs2's link ;)

Guest jdkk09

I think the prosecutor's father caused NaNa's family's accident.  Remember she said she didn't like that senator when they were watching the news and having coffee at the vet's office.  I'm sure the senator is the prosecutor's father.  And it looks like the prosecutor has been writing letters to Nana for some time. Though she doesn't know it's him. That's why she calls the letter writer Daddy Long Legs.  So  now we have all four of the love quadrangle knowing each other.  This will be interesting.

Guest asadal

Anyone else think Yang Jin Sung (Shin Eun-ah - the bodyguard for the president's daughter) is really pretty? I swear whenever she's in a scene, my eyes always drift towards her. Wish she had more lines...

20100201_012402_116761.jpg

Also, before she became an actress she was Ki Seung Yong's (football player for Celtic FC) girlfriend.

Guest timpa

I find it an interesting contrast that you have this action-driven/revenge/spy plot driving the show, but at the same time so many of the scenes (and 'cliffhanger' episode endings) are like those of a normal romance drama lol.

and might I add LOL at Kwang Soo being bullied as much in this show as he is on Running Man... haha :D

and asadal I agree that Yang Jin Sung is pretty and I'm glad to see her character has taken a liking to Kwang Soo's character. Just hope that she doesn't die. I don't see PMY being killed off, but I could see something happening in another assassination attempt and Shin Eun Ha being killed :(

i think Jin Pyo took baby Yoon Sung away for YS's mom's sake, so she can start a new life, without "baggage" now that her husband is gone and she's pretty struggling financially. i guess it's because he's never married or had his own children, that what he did was actually quite detrimental to YS's mother, regardless of his intention. because you see that she never recovered from losing her baby.

also, i think he trained Yoon Sung to revenge, for Yoon Sung's father, Moo Yeol, but i think this is also misguided. Perhaps he feels guilty that MY died, as well as the other 19 men he led, while he is the lone survivor. the trauma and the betrayal he felt must have done something to his mind. ultimately, i really question whether the satisfaction he may gain from killing and/or punishing the council of 5 would be enough to fill his hole of grief and guilt. i think he's a little nuts. though kinda hot badass in his own ahjussi way.

actually i am quite interested in what the council of 5 feel about what happened in Oct of 1983. whether they feel that they've committed a wrong or not. it seems they were able to justify the killing, as a small sacrifice for the good of their nation. I haven't really sensed any remorse from the council, except maybe the President himself. Former Minister of Defense, Seo Yong Hak seems more worried that ppl might find out, then feeling guilty. I don't know what former Minister of Education, Kim Jong Shik (YJ's dad) is thinking. He seems mysterious from his lack of words and lack of show of emotions. Then the other two, Congressman Lee Kyung Wan, we know he's horrible and now going nuts in jail, and the last guy, Mr. Cheon, seems like a ordinary politician who will do whatever to hold power.

I think a lot of the same things as you do, m'dear :w00t:

I wonder if he hasn't gone a little nuts. I mean, how do you get from being a young (ish) special forces officer to a drug lord all the while using the money to finance a huge revenge plot and utilizing the child of your BFF to do it? Kind of creepy and scary, but ya, he's still kinda hot!

I'm thinking, though, that some of the gang of five are really evil. Suspect we'll find out more about their bad doings as the story unfolds! The mystery/drama/revenge parts are my favs! The possible romance is cute for comic relief, but I hope it doesn't become the focus.

Okay, I am finally watching all of ep 5 with subs and a thought just occurred to me. Wouldn't it be more interesting if Nana's parents' accident really was just an accident? But it was Young Jo driving and his father covered it up for him? 

I was kind of confused about what happened exactly to her parents and how that one guy (can't keep the five targets straight, other than the president) was connected, why she hated him so. :blink: *confused* Does she imply that her parents were intentionally killed (though her dad's been in a coma)?

Guest Showtime24

I really don't think the prosecutor is Nana's Daddy Long Legs..

the card Yoon Joo sent:

*quoted image*

the card Nana got:

*quoted image*

I had to go back and look for this lol but I think it's just a FAIL on the production team's part. Because we know that he is daddy long legs cause he got her the wallet & key chain back in the first few episodes. Plus, he had this weird face when they were talking about the card nana got from daddy long legs.

lG3jH.jpg

Anyone else think the prosecutor looked handsome right here?? 8D

Guest jdkk09

Wow so the prosecutor and the vet lived together for five years.  Still want to know why he's Daddy Long Legs.  How are they all connected to NaNa.  The prosecutor and the vet.  I know she and the vet are friends.  But how come NaNa didn't know the prosecutor was her ex-boyfriend?