[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

marie67, I don't think Nana knew that the one who saved her was YS... She's just got YS's necklace but she was still in the middle of thinking from WHOM that necklace belongs to... and I hope Nana will discover it that that was YS's...

while YS didn't know that he was discovered by Nana... :wub:

It will be sweeter that both of them will keep on protecting each other SILENTLY/SECRETLY :wub:

Hi all :)

Aint watched episode 5 yet but waiting for the subs, seems like a good episode. One thing thats bothering me if the vet lady , looking at the BTS aswell as the preview i really hope YS doesn't sleep with her :( . Kinda want Na na to start realising that she may like YS. Overall love love love NN and YS they are soooo adorable together.

SAME here... I think its time for YS to realize and CHANGE... since he has NOW NANA.. :)

But I think, its ok if YS and the vet will look like they're close and Nana will see them..

this time, just to let us see if Nana will be JEALOUS also.. :w00t:

hmmm... just an observation, I think YS just uses his "HOTNESS" and be close to women because of his mission...

He isn't the type of a man who will JUST sleep together with a random woman...

as we saw in the previous episode, he just became close to the mistress of one of the Circle of 5 Men

just to know his usual habits in connection to the mission he's doing..

but I think, we can't help if Nana misunderstood him... Since in a POV of a woman,

when we see a guy being cling on to or kissed by any random women, we thought of them as a WOMANIZER.. lol! :w00t:

I just hope Nana will really see the other side of YS... :phew:

It will be TOO SWEET to see if in Nana's POV, she made a WOMANIZER guy to change and be LOYAL to her... :wub:

Ep 6, Hwaiting! :wub:

Guest tukyshinee

==  Online Watch CITY HUNTER EP.05 ==

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online Youtube

As a result, your video is blocked in these  locations

Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South  Korea, Taiwan

Credit : City Hunter TV

Episode 5 was totally entertaining! Lee Min-Ho def. hit the jackpot with this drama! His popularity will def. go up big time..not just in korea but elsewhere. I expect top Hallyu star status..equal to Kwon Sang-Woo perhaps? ^_^ He's younger than his character's age so I was hesitant if he would pull off the maturity aspect of his character. But, he brings in his own charisma and youthful charm..which i love!!

I love all the veteran actors and they are truly the backbone of this drama..especially the actor who plays the "ahjuhssi".

I'm dissapointed in Park Min-Young's performance.. maybe b/c I don't like her character that much but I think another actress could've played it better.. honestly, i think the actress playing the veternarian, Hwang Sun-Hee would pull off the bodyguard/good girl combi better. I wished she'd have more airtime..as well as the prosecutor, lee Joon-Hyuk. he's uber talented as well!

I agree with you on the veteran actors, especially the ajusshi, being the backbone of this drama.  To me, it's like the young cast members provide the fun and the senior cast members provide the food.  So, we end up with an entirely wonderful picnic of fun and food.  :rolleyes:

The actress playing the vet is an extremely strong actress.  She gave a very impressive performance as a cold-blooded murderer in "Signs".  Whenever she's on the screen, one could not help from looking only at her.  Regardless of who else was on the screen with her.  On the other hand, perhaps, she would have been too strong to play Park Min-Young's role because the character has a lot of vulnerabilities.    :huh:

As for Park Min-Young, she's been okay.  Her acting here seems to be a repeat of her performance in SKKS.   I also wondered if an actress with more depth and breadth would have served the role better.  But, she's far from being a disaster, so far. :huh:

After watching the raw of ep. 5, I think we're going to find that all of the young people in this drama, not just YS, were affected by the betrayal in 1983.  It may be that Nana's parents were killed in a staged accident because the father knew about the betrayal and cover-up.

Honestly, the 'Infamous Five' may have made the decision to betrayed their own men.  But, not in a million years, would they have the know-how or skills to navigate through all the steps necessary to erase the records of the mission or the men.   So, they probably ordered other people to do the work.  And, then, ordered them to be killed.   :unsure:

So, if all the young people realized the connection that links them together, we may have an entire posse of 'city hunters'.   Yay!!!  :D

Guest kinyo

^ I agree. I think Park Min-Young performance has been okay. Though I have to say, I really like Nana and YS interaction when they're off work. I think she pulls off her role as a girl with lots of perseverance, optimism, and compassion very well. I can see why YS is drawn to her -- he was raised by PY who had so much hate and thirst for betrayal that Nana serves to be the opposite of that. I really like stills of YS and Nana, I think that's what is working for this couple for me. They have this chemistry -- I love scenes where they're just smiling to each other (:

I also hope LMH's fame would rise even higher after this drama because I think his performance here is really great too! I'm really drawn in by how he emote with his eyes. I can totally feel and see the turmoil he is feeling just by looking at his eyes!!! I'm a big fan of LMH after watching CH.

EDIT: So I just watched episode 5 and can I just say I'm falling in love with CH more and more. ): It's going to be hard to wait for the next Wednesday/Thursday after tmr. PY is so deceiving! For a minute, I actually believed that he would go with YS's plan, but ehh, I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I was in his position. The meeting of the Prosecutor YJ, YS, Nana, and the vet was interesting. I love YJ expression while their talking about him. And I love how YJ and YS were bickering on whose car Nana should go on.

Half the time I feel like YS is afraid to be too close with Nana because of the situation he is in but some time I also feel like he doesn't really know how he should act around her. I hope Nana would fall for YS soon :D. Actually, it'll be cool like some have mentioned, if Nana finds out that her dad's accident has something to do with the 1983 accident and join force with YS to be the City Hunters then that'll be awesome.

Guest farhah1986

So Nana's parent incident is not just a mere incident after all.His father probably know some dark secret from the infamous five.After all he's a former bodyguard of blue house like Nana mention before.Maybe he's the one that has been ordered to shoot all the 21 people during the 1983 incident.He maybe knows nothing but just did what has been ordered to him especially with all the 21 secret agent wearing north korea cloth maybe he think he shoot the enemy.Whatever that happen with Nana's family definitely connected with the infamous five and more mystery will be unfold by Yoon Seong.

YJ definitely know that Nana's parent incident is connected with his father.It getting more interesting and I couldn't wait all secret revealed.

This is my first time posting in this thread and I have to say I'm totally drawn in watching City Hunter. I usually don't watch suspense series but this drama has won me with it's plot... ;)

Lee Min Ho so far is doing a great job and it's nice to see him on a different role, though I kind of see a little of Goo Joon Pyo when he's playful with PMY, but we can't remove that because he was the one who played the character after all..His fightings scenes are really exciting to watch and he seemed to be professional in doing that..Even though people thought that Min Ho has been miscast for the role because he's young to portray Ryo, I think he gave justice to the role...and I have to say he's really good-looking.. :wub:

And in my perception, I think Park Min Young is doing a great job in portraying Nana. Others might see her unfitted for the role because she looked like the cute and pretty type rather than the strong type but I think the director wanted her to portray Nana in that way,.. :) I mean, she's in charge of the romance and everyone kinda agrees that her scenes with LMH kinda brightens up each episode..her appearance seems to be the one to balance the whole series with action and at the same time romance. She's the mood maker of each episode I guess.I have seen her act in SKKS and I believe she could pull off that strong woman character, so I believe the one who wanted that portrayal is the director..nevertheless, I'm enjoying her scenes with Lee Min Ho and so far, I think she's the best female partner of LMH FOR ME, looks-wise and age-wise...This is the first time I saw Lee Min Ho looking older than his female lead..haha

Lee Joon Hyuk is totally hot as a prosecutor and he also portrays the role well..everytime he's on the screen, I can't help but to giggle..Goo Hara seems to be a little stiff but thinking that this was her first acting challenge, she's doing a great job so far..the vet girl also has a strong appearance on the screen, though I'm kind of scared of her eyes... :unsure:

Overall, City Hunter is a really must-watch drama of this year, no wonder why it has been getting a lot of attention in Korea today.. :lol: I'm happy that the ratings are increasing on each episode unlike other dramas that started high then decreases as episodes pass by(I'm not referring to other dramas)..

Guest coconuttpp

This is my first time posting in this thread and I have to say I'm totally drawn in watching City Hunter. I usually don't watch suspense series but this drama has won me with it's plot... ;)

Lee Min Ho so far is doing a great job and it's nice to see him on a different role, though I kind of see a little of Goo Joon Pyo when he's playful with PMY, but we can't remove that because he was the one who played the character after all..His fightings scenes are really exciting to watch and he seemed to be professional in doing that..Even though people thought that Min Ho has been miscast for the role because he's young to portray Ryo, I think he gave justice to the role...and I have to say he's really good-looking.. :wub:

And in my perception, I think Park Min Young is doing a great job in portraying Nana. Others might see her unfitted for the role because she looked like the cute and pretty type rather than the strong type but I think the director wanted her to portray Nana in that way,.. :)  I mean, she's in charge of the romance and everyone kinda agrees that her scenes with LMH kinda brightens up each episode..her appearance seems to be the one to balance the whole series with action and at the same time romance. She's the mood maker of each episode I guess.I have seen her act in SKKS and I believe she could pull off that strong woman character, so I believe the one who wanted that portrayal is the director..nevertheless, I'm enjoying her scenes with Lee Min Ho and so far, I think she's the best female partner of LMH FOR ME, looks-wise and age-wise...This is the first time I saw Lee Min Ho looking older than his female lead..haha

Lee Joon Hyuk is totally hot as a prosecutor and he also portrays the role well..everytime he's on the screen, I can't help but to giggle..Goo Hara seems to be a little stiff but thinking that this was her first acting challenge, she's doing a great job so far..the vet girl also has a strong appearance on the screen, though I'm kind of scared of her eyes... :unsure:

Overall, City Hunter is a really must-watch drama of this year, no wonder why it has been getting a lot of attention in Korea today.. :lol: I'm happy that the ratings are increasing on each episode unlike other dramas that started high then decreases as episodes pass by(I'm not referring to other dramas)..

I agree with u cause I never watch another series LMH look good with him partner!! I think this series they are the best partner for other. And some clip BTS saw them so closed... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Guest wanne

OMG, i love episode 5!! 

the beginning was intense i didnt expect it. i was holding my breath the whole time JP in the elevator. and when YS appeared, it was hearbreaking really. 

seriously, too many things to love about this drama. but what i appreciate most is its level of 'heart' while being an action series. like Javabeans said, its not easy to achieve. some people mentioned about this drama's flaws especially on the detail of the action scene like the gunshot shouldnt have the laser etc. and compared with how good IRIS was on those things. but i must say this drama has more heart which makes it a better piece of work for me. 

YS discovering the condition of KJ's brother is both heartbreaking and heartwarming. YS is developing nicely towards becoming a real city hunter. he slowly discovers and becomes concern with people's difficulties around him. before its the kids, the vet and now KJ.

and woot! my liking towards YS and Nana couple now blossom into LOVE! 

i adore all their scenes together. its cute, funny and makes my heart flutters ^^ 

and YS fighting the intruder outside the house without Nana knowing was so sweet and.. hot! and how YS hide in the dark while fighting, awesome! 

also, i  love all the OSTs! 

i recognize 'its all right' and 'so goodbye'. but another one, with girls voice, who knows?  the one playing when YS was following Nana in his car. 

anyway, so much more things to say but i forgot and i'm so bad at voicing it out too keke 

i'll just say this: jealous-YS is toooooo cute for words!

CITY HUNTER!  this drama is sooo good and sooo addictive

cant wait for 6 tonight!

*off to rewatch :D*

edit:

Thank you so much for the recap, jbarky!

edit:

Oh, btw, looks like we have another loveline now. KJ andNana’s friends were so cute and funny together during the judo training LOL. an awkward pairing they are but so cute! hahaa

also, from the judo training scene, when YS pushed Nana around, it seems that Nana was reminded by the moment when she was pushed the same way and saved from the gunshot. i dont think she realized it was YS yet, but it will probably be a hint for her later on. 

Guest wanne

.... Actually, it'll be cool like some have mentioned, if Nana finds out that her dad's accident has something to do with the 1983 accident and join force with YS to be the City Hunters then that'll be awesome.

sorry to cut your post. you have a great point there! maybe this is how Nana will end up become his partner like in the manga where girlfriday is ryo's partner. interesting! 

Why must LMH look sooooo good?? He is sooooo handsome and i bet his personality is also very good :) BTW does anyone know if he has a girlfriend?? Or did he have any girlfriends?? :P just want to know his type XD

Guest wanne

.... Actually, it'll be cool like some have mentioned, if Nana finds out that her dad's accident has something to do with the 1983 accident and join force with YS to be the City Hunters then that'll be awesome.

sorry to cut your post. you have a great point there! maybe this is how Nana will end up becoming his partner like in the manga where girlfriday is ryo's partner. interesting! 

Lee Min Ho gives a big present to each of the production crew of City Hunter

ec9db4ebafbced98b81.jpg

Lee Min Ho gave a big present, walking shoes, to all the production crew of City Hunter, in which he’s playing now. The crew has been suffering lots of hardships all day and night.

The Starhaus Entertainment, Lee’s agency, says, “Lee has thought about which would be a good present for the drama series’ staff members, who have been on a hard, tough schedule. He finally decided to give walking shoes to them considering the nature of the shooting which requires to run and move from here to there.

Among the other brands, he chose FILA’s various functional products especially including FILA Blubblerun. It is said that FILA, aware of the Lee’s well-meant project, actively supported for Lee to succeed in delivering his heartwarming presents to the crew.

When the crew members received the presents, they say, “It’s very impressive for him to recognize what we’ve gone through at the shooting and try to brighten the atmosphere on the set. Thanks to the presents, we seem to gain much strength.”

City Hunter has been gaining more popularity since it started to air on May 25 for its interesting storyline and various attractions.

By Hong Sam (idsoft3@reviewstar.net)

Source: Reviewstar (Original article in Korean)

Photo from Reviewstar

Translated by Geum Jae / Korea.com

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

City Hunter’s Lee Min Ho captured in a bath robe with wet hair

316713032.jpg

A preview of City Hunter where Lee Min Ho is surrounded by ‘Hunter’s women’ wearing a bath robe aroused viewers curiosity.

Lee Min Ho’s recording for the sixth episode of City Hunter(Dramatist: Hwang Eun Kyung/Choi Su Jin, director: Jin Hyeok, production company: SSD)took place in a hotel only wearing a bath robe. The refreshing, and appealing look of Lee Min Ho, who seems to be just out of shower, is expected to raise the viewer’s pulse rate.

Lee Min Ho kindled the atmosphere on a previous recording on June 1 by giving off a manly scent in his bath robe, which took place on June 1. He already shook women’s hearts in the second episode where he exposed his muscular upper body. Lee Min Ho’s sexy looks in a bath robe is increasing the viewer’s expectations.

Most of all, the situation where ‘Hunter’s women’ Park Min Young and Hwang Seon Hee are surrounding Lee Min Ho stimulated more curiosity among the viewers. Yoon Seong, wearing only a bath robe, is discovered by Nana(Park Min Young) standing in a room with Sae Hee(Hwang Seon Hee) , whom he first met in the fourth episode. Lee Min Ho’s embarrassment about the situation where he is surrounded by two women further excites viewer’s curiosity.

Yoon Seong and Sae Hee got to know each other when Yoon Seong helped Sae Hee when she had a hard time with a violent customer in her animal hospital near the White House. They are attracting attention because they have become quickly intimate since their accidental encounter.

Various assumptions are being made regarding the love line of City Hunter; some are assuming that the drama will not only involve Nana, Yoon Seong and Yoong Joo(Lee Jun Hyeok) in a love triangle but form another love triangle with Yoon Seong, Nana and Sae Hee.

The production company said, “Besides Yoon Seong’s actions scenes in blood thirst for revenge and sentimental scenes in sympathy towards his mother, love line is a plays a vital role in City Hunter.”, “Like there is no life without ‘love’, ‘love’ is a crucial part in City Hunter. Please have your hopes up as the love line in City Hunter goes on.”

On the fifth episode which is on air on June 8, Yoon Seong’s encounter with Jin Pyo to save Nana and the ’5 people punishment project’ part 2 surrounding Seo Yeong Hak is increasing the viewer’s expectations. SBS City Hunter airs Wednesday, Thursday at 9:55 p.m.

Source Nate by Ilnung

credit: Korea.com

Earlier on, I was wondering what YJ would do once faced with his father's crime and based on how he reacted in the car, I think that if he has to choose between upholding the law and protecting his father, he might protect his dad. I think ultimately that's what's happening in this drama. They are all inherently good but go 'bad' for a loved one. We already know Jin Pyo's story, Ki Joon faced an issue because of his brother's leg. We know the least about the vet so for now, she's the strongest contender for being the most evil. Nana and YS will probably do legally questionable things but perhaps stay in the safe zone morally. I'm expecting Nana+YS vs YJ at some point. But YS's biggest dilemma might stem from having to choose between protecting Nana and sticking to his moral beliefs.

But YS's biggest dilemma might stem from having to choose between protecting Nana and sticking to his moral beliefs.

As I'm only up to epi 4 with subs, I got the strange sensation that Nana might side against YS and side with JP (who may recruit her like he did the former cop) once she finds out the truth behind the deaths accident causing her mother's death and father's vegetative state [and YS's cover is blown].  Twisted I know, but the thought occurred to me while she was talking to her mother after the unsuccessful attempt to keep their home and YS being demanding (trying to get her mind off things).

Just a thought.... JP may be recruiting more family members of the deceased men from 1983.

Episode 6 Spoilers

Nana is upset about YS buying her house coz she thought she looked laughable and pathetic in YS's eyes. YS said "I bought because I need it". Then, Nana said "Okay, I'll move out."

KJ asked YS about what happened last night when he got drunk.

KJ: Did anything happen?

YS: You didn't remember a thing?

KJ: Yeah. Except one thing. I saw a woman beside you. By any chance, is it Eunah (Nana's female colleague).

YS: You asked because you want to confirm that?

Nana move out from her house, YS stayed at Nana's house, then give her dog to YS and went to the hospital. Ytd, the one who broke into Nana's house followed Nana & YS again, followed them till hospital.

YS saw a girl at the hospital and used her to get rid of his stalker.

YS: Miss, I want to tell something. You saw the guy standing there (point at the stalker guy). He's my friend. He has interest in you but he couldn't tell it straight to you. So, please talk to him and have coffee together. But if you don't like him, just told him "I don't like you" in a cool way. I asked a favor from you. Please.

Girl: Okay.

The girl walked to stalker.

Girl: Excuse me. I'm sorry to turn you down. But you are not my style.

Stalker: errrrr?

Girl: But, can you give me the phone number of your friend? He's exactly my style.

Stalker: :o

YJ found out the fact that Lee Kyungwan's video was released using Cheonwadae's IP which happened to be KJ's. I think, YS used KJ's IP to hack. So, KJ got arrested.

YS messaged Nana to come back to her house in order to ask her to clean up her dog's poop. He nagged about how her house lacking, blah blah blah. Then, he proposed an idea "Let's live together." Of course, it's Lee Yoonsung, he did use the phrase, "Yahhhhh, I will never see you as a woman. You are not my style." In fact, YS is really worried about Nana's safety. Nana said "Okay" at living together after thinking quite fast. Let the fun begins. They are living together. *dancing around the room*

NN: But I have conditions. If you touch my hand, you need to pay ___ won.

YS: What? It's not fair.

NN: Don't worry. I'll also give you the same amount if I touch your hand.

Then, the tease begins.

YS: Then, how about a hug?

NN: *stepping back* ___won

YS said other type of skinship too but I can't catch up and the detail amount Nana asked too. Lastly he asked about kiss, of coz.

YS: How about a kiss?

NN: ____won *stuttering*

YS: For real? _____won????

NN: Yeah.

After listening and recording everything what Seo Yonghak and the one who just arrived from abroad said, Jongshik ajushii feels unease.

JS: YS ah, can I go home earlier?

YS: Wae?

JS: I ordered for home-shopping, they'd arrive soon, I think.

YS: Errrr? *sigh*

The vet and YJ had kind of date. But YJ went out coz of work and the vet is pissed of and turn her phone off. YS met her in the hotel bar and greeted her. Then, they drink together. When they are about to go back, the vet accidentally spilled the drink on YS and asked to help him.

They went together in a hotel room to change. YJ saw them and follow them. Nana was asked to go and escort for someone, I think. But she mixed up the room number, so one of the two choices, she knocked one. That room is happend to be YS & the vet's. Last, but not least, YJ joined to get shocked and episode 6 ended. <_<