[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

The problem between YS and NN is that:

- for him, their relationship started the day he first saw her picture from ajusshi, in Burma. (years ago) :D

-  for her, their relationship started the day she met him in Korea.

Just think of how many conversations he's already had with her picture during all those lonely years.  :tears:

This drama has done well in blending the feel of a manga into each episode.  And, the writing, director and scoring creates a veil of sadness which serves to remind us of the mission of this drama. 

Unfortunately, I think there will be more sadness before there's happiness for them.  :tears:

The actress who plays Nana's partner is a newbie to me.  But, she has a lot of screen presence.  (Oh yeah, she has a beautiful complexion, too.) :)  I hope we'll see more of her character being developed.  Actually, I'm hoping that the characters of all the young people will be developed and revealed to us.  I think each of their back stories may be really interesting.  :D

As for the vet character, it is certainly possible that she turns out to be working on the side of the 'Infamous Five'.  First, to keep tabs on the prosecutor and now, on YS.  But, actually, I think she's in love with the prosecutor and is always disappointed by his priority of his job over her.  :huh:

I agree with you clock on wanting them to push through on the revenge plot.  We have four more targets and they need to set each one up properly.

I thought the same thing about YS having conversations with Nana's photo for years....Auntie Mame.  They seem more like siblings than potential love interests but I know that will change shortly. 

I was so surprised when his father hit his vehicle while he stood on top of it.  I was thinking, “naw, he's not going to hurt his boy” and yes, he did.  Blew my mind....I guess YS has had rougher things happen to him growing up with this man he calls father...When he went to help him in the elevator, I could sense in YS eyes that he loves him.  These two have my stomach in knots....father and son.

Please give us a happy ending for all Show!

Since I saw Sign I can't see the second lead lady to be a nice person.. I keep seeing her as a sociopath or something.. 

haha me too i keep imagining she as the killer...So i dun really like her character..I'm stuck in watching episode 3 but i keep track with each of the spoilers in this thread. This year is been a crazy year for drama lovers... but so far i'm liking how the story is progressing.LOve it!

@mskololia1:  Actually, his adopted father did exactly what I expected in that car scene.  After all, he is a person, who has:

•  seen all his men gunned down for a very dishonorable reason;
  •  held the body of his best friend, who sacrificed his life for him;
  •  surrounded himself with inhumanity; and
  •  lived solely for the purpose of exacting revenge.

If he had not crashed the car, it would not have been befitting the character, at this stage.  Instead, he would have seemed like he wimped out.  However, he did exactly the correct thing by just side-swiping the car, instead of hitting it head-on, which may have killed YS. 

By side-swiping the car, adopted father hoped that, with all Ys' athletic training, YS would be able to jump off and not get hurt. By side-swiping the car, adopted father also show that he still retain a bit of humanity and love for YS.  :)

I actually loved that hostage-taking-car-chasing scene.  LMH was fabulous in the face-off.  It was an adrenaline rush. (I was never interested in him before this....)  I like to think it's the veteran actors in this one that is making this work.  So glad I did not pass this one up.

I just hope my stomach can take the unlimited twists and turns these two will provide on the city hunter's path to becoming both fathers' son.:D

Edit

I think we are in agreement about the car scene.  :)   Again, I loved it! 

YS is still in training....lol.

Clock, yes I think that woman would have been more than happy to give up the info if he used his body more.  Hey, didn't he spike her drink also?  Alas, our city hunter is a gentleman.

Agreed with Auntie Mame. He hit him in a way that he knew he wouldn't get hurt. He couldn't back down because it would mean he'd lost. And YS also knows his father loves him otherwise he wouldn't have pulled that stunt.

I'll be surprised if the dad isn't dead by the end of the drama. His only reason for living is revenge. And once that's over, no need for him to stay alive. He's a drug dealer, killer etc etc so death will be a good ending for him. I'm guessing he'll probably sacrifice himself for YS towards the end during their really bad times (after the secret of the kidnapping is revealed) and they are fighting head to head. He's always advised YS not to fall in love and that will be his weakness although I'm leaning more towards love of a son than anything else. Still not sure about him being in love with YS's mother though. It seems a bit too cheesy for this character but it's a kdrama.

msk, I don't get a sibling vibe from YS and NN. YS is clearly hiding his real feelings and they are just at the bickering stage. The only thing I don't like about kdrama is they wimp out when it comes to this playboy stuff. I think it would have been really awesome if YS was really a playboy. Like he didn't need to get that girl drunk to get info on her Sugar Daddy. He could have used his body more effectively... I'm just saying.

@clock and msk:  You all crack me up with wanting the playboy to be real.  Let me point out one thing ... Even if it is real, do you think we would be shown anything?!!   Of course, not!  It will still be left up to our imagination.  ROFL!  :w00t: 

Dream on, girls!  hahahaha  :lol:

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

City Hunter Episode 5 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

24q652p.jpg

City Hunter 1-5 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F1527-city-hunter-2011%2F

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest webby

June 9, 2011 (City Hunter Episode 6) -- viewership ratings

AGB Nielsen

best love 18.4 nationwide / 20.9 seoul

city hunter 14.2 / 14.8

romance town 10.5 / 11

TNmS

best love 14.6 nationwide / 18.5 seoul

city hunter 13.2 / 15.4

romance town 9.3 / 10.2

Nana's parent's car accident scene. Find out who was there.

http://bbs3.telzone.daum.net/gaia/do/starzone/detail/read?articleId=10606232&objCate1=68&bbsId=S000001&forceTalkro=T&pageIndex=1

cr: Daum MH

saw a capture of the agreement that NaNa posted on the fridge on DC:

1) holding hands 50,000 won

2) holding shoulder 100,000 won

3) arm slung over her shoulder (can't see the amount, probably 200,000 won?)

4) hug 300,000 won

5) smack on lips 500,000 won

6) kiss 1,000,000 won

Today's episode was so cute! I really like the way they're developing YS's character, he's such a nice guy.They really should work on Na Na's character a little more now.

Can't wait for next week. My heart aches for YS & his mom T_T

The one plot device that they have to stop using is her financial troubles because it is totally not creditable.  Anyone working in  the Blue House or security would have had a full background investigation before they were employed.

And, part of that background check includes a detailed investigation into the applicants financial and credit history; to ensure that the person is not in a position to be bribed, bought or blackmailed for financial reasons.  :phew:

This drama is very refreshing in the way it is dealing with a very old theme, i.e. revenge.  The refreshing way is how the different generations exact 'revenge'.  The older generation takes the simple 'eye for an eye' approach, i.e. quick death.  Whereas, the younger generation wants to put the perpetrator into a 'living hell', i.e. slow death.   Personally, I prefer the younger generation's approach.  (Yeah, literally skin them alive.)  :D

Guest sharon89

June 9, 2011 (City Hunter Episode 6) -- viewership ratings

AGB Nielsen

best love 18.4 nationwide / 20.9 seoul

city hunter 14.2 / 14.8

romance town 10.5 / 11

TNmS

best love 14.6 nationwide / 18.5 seoul

city hunter 13.2 / 15.4

romance town 9.3 / 10.2

Nana's parent's car accident scene. Find out who was there.

http://bbs3.telzone.daum.net/gaia/do/starzone/detail/read?articleId=10606232&objCate1=68&bbsId=S000001&forceTalkro=T&pageIndex=1

cr: Daum MH

thanks sis for your update :lol:

OMGGGGGG Sik Joong ajussi was there tears.gifcrazy.gif

i can see him, he is talking with the police man :(

Guest good123

Medium Quality

City Hunter Eps. 6

200 MB MKV File

cityhuntere06xvidhanrel.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://hotfile.com/dl/120311252/2305b51/City.Hunter.E06.XviD-HANrel.mkv.html

or

http://www.easy-share.com/1915973296/City.Hunter.E06.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.fileserve.com/file/XNEdUpe/City.Hunter.E06.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.wupload.com/file/13631511/City.Hunter.E06.XviD-HANrel.mkv

There needs to be more skinship next week when she moves in....After watching epi 5, YS is jealous, but will he seduce her?:blink: I hope so....

I think daddy long legs feels guilty about possibly dismissing her parents case or sth.  It looks like he's been writing her anonymously for years and his ex may know about it but Nana does not.  I hope no love interest develops because he needs to convince his ex that she does understand him, lol.:sweatingbullets:

YS/Nana all the way.....:wub:

Guest saladyum

^^ lovely screencaps. I can't stop ogling.

Hot Prosecutor, i remember him in I'm Legend. oh my, what can i say. There, he made this fan squint like mad. You know, adorable rocker girl was all spicy and hot.

And guess what, he brought water. Ice cold WATER! Just plain water. Not even with a tiny bit of lemon wedge.

I was *this* close to send him a case of soju. For once, I was wishing the man to get drunk!

In City Hunter, he seems to have a strong chemistry with LMH. The two are such pretty sights whenever they bicker, due to a certain sweetness.

I'm all team SPY. But would not resist when Master Shirley's done with her booking. The soju case's still here, as is me. I might even get lucky enough to have hotness sing me some simmering song kekek