[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Wow so the prosecutor and the vet lived together for five years.  Still want to know why he's Daddy Long Legs.  How are they all connected to NaNa.  The prosecutor and the vet.  I know she and the vet are friends.  But how come NaNa didn't know the prosecutor was her ex-boyfriend?    

Nana rescued her dog so this is my understanding of how she knows the vet.  It probably was after her parents died so she needed a companion.  So it's not like they grew up together or anything where the vet would share her personal life with Nana a customer.

clock, I like your idea about Nana's parents accident.  If so, they should have paid her hospital bills.:tears:

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

City Hunter Episode 6 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

cityhunter1.jpg

City Hunter 1-6 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F1527-city-hunter-2011%2F

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Why does JinPyo gather his own team to take revenge for the 20 men?  Why did he kidnap his friend's son at infancy, bully  him, train him to kill? Didn't he train YS to take revenge? The kidnapping of YS I don't understand.

well from what i see , when it comes to revenge it must be someone blood-related to the victim .

so no one would be better than his own son . :rolleyes:

some caps and lines for next week:

*quoted image**quoted image*

YS: Why is Prosecutor Kim Young Joo here?

JP: A prosecutor?

YS: Did you find out?

JP: He's no pushover prosecutor, it seems.

more:

mom: she must be so happy, to have such a sturdy son.

YS: I don't have a mom.

JP: pay extra caution to your actions.

*quoted image*

Seo: Are you saying you're going to make me drop out from the election?

Pres: Candidate Seo!

Seo: Do as you wish.

*quoted image*

JP: Is it because of a girl?

YS: It's not because of a girl.

JP: Then why are you stagnating?

YS: The time isn't ripe yet.

JP: I see that you've gotten quite pompous while we were apart.

i think Jin Pyo took baby Yoon Sung away for YS's mom's sake, so she can start a new life, without "baggage" now that her husband is gone and she's pretty struggling financially.  i guess it's because he's never married or had his own children, that what he did was actually quite detrimental to YS's mother, regardless of his intention. because you see that she never recovered from losing her baby.

also, i think he trained Yoon Sung to revenge, for Yoon Sung's father, Moo Yeol, but i think this is also misguided.  Perhaps he feels guilty that MY died, as well as the other 19 men he led, while he is the lone survivor. the trauma and the betrayal he felt must have done something to his mind. ultimately, i really question whether the satisfaction he may gain from killing and/or punishing the council of 5 would be enough to fill his hole of grief and guilt.  i think he's a little nuts. though kinda hot badass in his own ahjussi way.

actually i am quite interested in what the council of 5 feel about what happened in Oct of 1983. whether they feel that they've committed a wrong or not. it seems they were able to justify the killing, as a small sacrifice for the good of their nation. I haven't really sensed any remorse from the council, except maybe the President himself.  Former Minister of Defense, Seo Yong Hak seems more worried that ppl might find out, then feeling guilty.  I don't know what former Minister of Education, Kim Jong Shik (YJ's dad) is thinking.  He seems mysterious from his lack of words and lack of show of emotions. Then the other two, Congressman Lee Kyung Wan, we know he's horrible and now going nuts in jail, and the last guy, Mr. Cheon, seems like a ordinary politician who will do whatever to hold power.

I agree with you that Jin Pyo raised YS as his ally to avenge his father by taking down the five, under the assumption that YS would have the identical perspective as Jin Pyo.  What JP doesn't realize is that YS can't have the identical perspective because YS didn't personally experience the event.  Hearing about something or reading about it is never as intense as actually witnessing it first hand.  On top of which the revenge is for people that YS has no actual real-life connection with.  He knows that it is his father who was killed.  But, his father is someone he's never meet.  That's why YS can clinically see the whole picture   Whereas, JP sees the picture, emotionally.

And, I can't predict whether it is YS or JP that will modify his perspective of what they're doing.  Although, YS will become emotionally involved if anyone in his circle is harmed.  Such as ajusshi, Nana, JP or even any of the other characters  with whom he's formed a bond.  I think JP will modify his eye-for-an-eye stance only if YS is in danger.  :huh:

As each of the Infamous Five becomes the next target, the drama is showing how each of them  may have different levels to their sins.  Although there was no redeeming factor in target #1's actions, the drama has blurred the line between black and white for the 2nd target.  He's willing to buy those faulty jet planes, in return for a 20% commission.  However, he warns them that he will not do so again, after he becomes the President because he loves his country like no other.  :wacko:

And, I"m sure there are people who will actually agree with his actions.  Of course, there are the rest of us disputing that his actions are honorable, ethical, legal or morally responsible.  But, that's the game of politics, regardless of country.  :crazy:

@dramaok:  So, in answer to your question about whether or not the Infamous Five have regret or remorse about their action in 1983, the answer is no.  They have rationalized and justified everything they've done and will do, as being for the greater good.  In their case, the 'end justifies the means'.   Unfortunately, I'm sure they wouldn't agree if they were on the receiving or short end of the deal.  tongue2.gif

The drama is quite a surprise, given that it's based on a manga.  It actually has some real substance to it.    I do hope it doesn't become cliche.:)

Excuse me, but there are too many mistranslations and omitted phrases in this article you posted. As a native Korean, I think the person who translated this doen't have full understadings of Korean language.

Please, change it to the right translation for Minho's sake.

Dear zinnia, as i told you in Minho's thread, I only found the news and its translation in other site and later on posted it here..I never thought that the news was wrongly translated..I'm not Korean..I wish i could translate the news to the correct one..I only understand some part of the interview..Maybe as native Korean, you can help us to translate the news to the correct translation. I believe in can be more trusted.

Updating stills and BTS ^_^

318779815.jpg

318775411.jpg

318775973.jpg

source: Hyundai and joyful @twitter

Guest asadal

I find it an interesting contrast that you have this action-driven/revenge/spy plot driving the show, but at the same time so many of the scenes (and 'cliffhanger' episode endings) are like those of a normal romance drama lol.

and might I add LOL at Kwang Soo being bullied as much in this show as he is on Running Man... haha :D

and asadal I agree that Yang Jin Sung is pretty and I'm glad to see her character has taken a liking to Kwang Soo's character. Just hope that she doesn't die. I don't see PMY being killed off, but I could see something happening in another assassination attempt and Shin Eun Ha being killed :(

Kwang Soo has been really typecasted into that lanky, awkward, seriously-needs-to-grow-a-backbone role hasn't he? The only time I've seen him acting as someone assertive was when he played a warrior in Pyeongyang Castle.

Oh man, they better not kill her character off... but then again I dont want her to have a happy ending with Kwang Soo's character lol. I'm like SHE DESERVES BETTER!!

Guest wanne

anyone has dl link for OST part 3!? heard that it had already been released today :)

City Hunter OST Part.3 

girlsday-cityhunterostpart3_7348ee993524f8eb25bb95097917555e.jpg

1. Cupid - Girl's Day 

2. Cupid - Girl's Day (Acoustic ver.)

http://www.mediafire.../?1568x01tu3s6d

credit: ihoneydew.com

I'm also tired of waiting for subs and then to find the viedeo isn't available in your region.

I think after this one I'll go back at watching only older finished dramas I can  download.This is annoying and I feel deprived and out of that 'region' and 'special access' areas.

you can watch online subbed dramas at:

http://www.jacinda1st.org/ 

(they sub with their own subs which mostly on youtube so no problem with limitted region access. but they release later than viikii, about 1-2 days after broadcast for City Hunter)

or

http://www.dramacrazy.net/ 

(there are multiple links other than viikii (which has the limited access) provided there, you just have to wait)

enjoy!

Just my two cents worth...

I think the reason Jin Pyo kidnapped the newlyborn YS 28 years ago was more of circumstantial and societal in nature. When the order to kill the 21 member team was ordered, their identity cards, military records were deleted and so its like they never really existed in the first place. that must be the reason Jin Pyo left Korea. And in order to keep his promise to his friend, he had to take the baby with him and raise him as his own, because what can a widow do for his son? A child carries his father's name, a father who technically did not exist. His mother I presume is a stay at home wife, it would be hard for her to raise her son and give him good education. Its basically how society looks upon widows and single parents at that time and JP probably assumed that she can move on and find another guy and start anew without her son who i believe that at the time, having a child would lessen her chances of marrying a good man.

With regards to JP telling YS lies about his mother, I think that was to prevent YS from looking for her and reuniting with her. If his mom remarried and he shows up, it will create trouble with her new family. He planned revenge on his own for years, building his "empire" so he can practically buy arms, people, even their new identity.. but after learning what happened with his adoptive father and his real father, YS wanted to take part in the revenge, probably at first wanting to do the same way as JPs. But then as he went to the US to study, he felt that killing would not satisfy him as much as destroying that person's life and those around him.

It is not to say that JPs actions were right, he brought so much pain to YS mom and eventually to YS too. He was an idealistic man who for one second would not think twice to die for his country and for his friend. But then the betrayal, greed and wrong decisions of 5 men destroyed everything he believed in. He lost his friend and it seemed like on that day he lost him, he also lost his life.

Episodes 5 and 6 had their share of good and bad things. On the good side, things are getting complicated, back stories have been introduced which have all been linked with the main plot, perhaps a tad bit coincidentally. :) The love track is also developing well and LMH and PMY have amazing chemistry together. Having a great time watching YS acting so childish and saying the wrong things at the wrong time. :D

On the downside, quite unhappy with Nana's characterisation as a bodyguard. She is not at all panicky on seeing her house left unlocked and doesn't even check whether anybody has entered her house. Forget the bodyguard part. As a single woman living alone, she ought to be more cautious. How can someone like that guard the Blue House? I know the scriptwriter was using the whole safety thing as a ruse to get the two living together and yes, it is loads of fun seeing the new house arrangement, but why take away from the very credibility of Nana as a professional bodyguard? If this is supposed to be a prequel and they will work together in the end, isn't it time to let her learn on the job? If she needs to go up the professional ladder so that we can have more complicated dilemmas later on for YS, shouldn't  she be allowed at least some professional training? I don't want her to depend upon YS to protect her, knowingly or unknowingly, when she has the capability to take care of herself. Ah well, I hope against hope that they would do something to make Nana more credible as a professional. Yes, we know Nana and her partner have had to skip training and are quite green. But it's time they learned something.

I also think YS needs to be a bit more careful about concealing his identity during the action scenes. There are so many people after him and he is not a plain Joe kind of person who won't stand out in a crowd.  He is so tall and the pink pants can be spotted from a mile. Ha ha. But seriously, he should at least try to cover his face a bit more. I don't want him to be the masked crusader, but high time the City Hunter went for some kind of disguise. While I enjoyed seeing Kwang Soo's character in a new light with the revelation about his bro, it is at times a bit too convenient to have everybody immediately connected with YS have a tragic past and in someway linked with the 5.

Anyway, I am enjoying the ride so far and can do a willing suspension of disbelief at times. Just hope they don't stretch it too much. :)

msk, I'm watching ep 6 and looking at the scene of the accident, seems the driver of the other car (he was also in a stretcher) is an older man in a black suit. So there goes my theory/wish. :D

About Nana and her unlocked door. I think she took a very quick look but since everything was in place, she didn't think too much of it. Those two both need training but their smarts are sacrificed for the plot. But a lot of things aren't that unrealistic though. Like for example, the presidential candidate and his two female bodyguards... I don't know if things have changed with the recent developments in Libya but Gaddafi is/was well known for surrounding himself with female bodyguards. But I'm sure those women are well trained. 

mj07, they haven't really explained what Nana thinks about her parents accident other than that it's fishy.

Guest miniejungle

i think "daddy long legs" started from Nana's parents accident. My guess is that the prosecutor's parents caused their death and he was aware of it, hence he started sending Nana encouraging messages. i still can't work out what is Sik Joong ajusshi got to do with Nana though.

did anyone notice how Nana started looking uncomfortable when YS taught the president's daughter how to shoot? :lol: someone doesn't know she's attracted to the rotten egg!!! :P

I think daddy long legs feels guilty about her parents accident and hence he wrote letters to Nana to know how she is doing...But i find it strange that he never has tried to contact her for real. I bet Nana's parents knew something related to his father (which will be discovered by YS) and hence he planned that accident. As for the shikjook ahjussie i think he was someone who witnessed the accident but he was threatened and just flew away. He is quickly scarred of his life so... He also witnessed Nana crying but i dont know how he got the picture.

And JP took YS cuz i think these 5 people would have killed him too or kidnapped him...I bet he took him to take a good care of him as his own son. But he doesnt show his love for YS. I think JP will later on sacrifice himself for YS (when they'll be apart cuz YS will have by then discover the reason why he was apart from his mom).

I hope JP wont try to harm Nana or threaten her...But i hope Nana will soon find out about city hunter, This is really a good drama...They deserve a rating over 20%

Guest monkeyshinobi

This week's episodes were really great~ The wait for next week is killing me D:

Did anyone else happen to laugh at the white body guard that opens the door in the hotel in ep 6? He says "come in" in this super deep and strange voice. Idk i couldn't hold in my laughter. XD That was definitely a moment to remember for me.

Things seem to be getting more and more interesting, love square possibly? XD

Guest farhah1986

Just my two cents worth...

I think the reason Jin Pyo kidnapped the newlyborn YS 28 years ago was more of circumstantial and societal in nature.  When the order to kill the 21 member team was ordered, their identity cards, military records were deleted and so its like they never really existed in the first place.  that must be the reason Jin Pyo left Korea.  And in order to keep his promise to his friend, he had to take the baby with him and raise him as his own, because what can a widow do for his son?  A child carries his father's name, a father who technically did not exist.  His mother I presume is a stay at home wife, it would be hard for her to raise her son and give him good education.  Its basically how society looks upon widows and single parents at that time and JP probably assumed that she can move on and find another guy and start anew without her son who i believe that at the time,  having a child would lessen her chances of marrying a good man.  

With regards to JP telling YS lies about his mother, I think that was to prevent YS from looking for her and reuniting with her.  If his mom remarried and he shows up, it will create trouble with her new family.  He planned revenge on his own for years, building his "empire"  so he can practically buy arms, people, even their new identity.. but after learning what happened with his adoptive father and his real father, YS wanted to take part in the revenge, probably at first wanting to do the same way as JPs.  But then as he went to the US to study, he felt that killing would not satisfy him as much as destroying that person's life and those around him.  

It is not to say that JPs actions were right, he brought so much pain to YS mom and eventually to YS too.  He was an idealistic man who for one second would not think twice to die for his country and for his friend.  But then the betrayal, greed and wrong decisions of 5 men destroyed everything he believed in.  He lost his friend and it seemed like on that day he lost him, he also lost his life.

I think I 'm agree with your comment about the reason why Jin pyo kidnapped baby yun Seong from his mother?Looking at the time and circumstances,it will be hard for a widow with a son to live on especially her husband reported missing,identity card deleted like he's not exist and all the accomondation that a goverment employee's family should get ,her right has been denied.Well if that the reason why Jin pyo kidnapped Yun Seong ,I can accept his reason especially he already promised to his beloved friend that he will take care of his son and wife.Maybe thats the way he protect them.

About Yun Seong,I can understand why his method totally different from his adoptive father...after all the painful memories of his past he turn into an elite graduate.Along the way he studied in US he realise that like you said killing would not satisfy him much as destroying a person's life.He use his expertise,smartness and all the hard training he endured during his younger days to make his enemies life turn upside down by destroying their power and career.Not only that he make them rentless,always scared their power being taking away from them with no peaceful in their life.

I think Jin Pyo will step up once Yun Seong life in danger and maybe when Yun Seong know that Jin pyo lied to him about his mother abondaned him,thats the time Jin Pyo tell him the truth about why he be sent to the Blue House.Especially the President himself once is Jin Pyo and Mu Yeol(Yun Seong biological father) bestfriend but he betrayed them.

About Nana and her unlocked door. I think she took a very quick look but since everything was in place, she didn't think too much of it. Those two both need training but their smarts are sacrificed for the plot. But a lot of things aren't that unrealistic though. Like for example, the presidential candidate and his two female bodyguards... I don't know if things have changed with the recent developments in Libya but Gaddafi is/was well known for surrounding himself with female bodyguards. But I'm sure those women are well trained. 

Oh, it was a good theory.  I've not thought to much about why she connects the education minister to the accident of her parents.  MYSTERY.  Perhaps the license plates indicated as such and he and his ppl laid blame on her parents to the media.  When the presidential candidate agreed to lie about being wounded in front of Nana, she bristled.

You know, I'm beginning to dislike how kdramas sacrifice the heroines for a good plot.  They need to adjust her character and stop sacrificing her for the sake of the storyline.  The hero should be able to take it without wounding his ego or diminishing his cute badass status to us.  Just saying.  I know Nana is not a superhero, but Batgirl and Wonder woman both kicked richard simmons.  As a Blue House bodyguard, his girl friday should be able to also leaving him out of breath and dumbfounded upon coming to her rescue because she handled her business.  I think what some of us are saying is they need to upgrade her character about now…. :lol:

Even if they do not tweak her character, I'm still watching because YS/Nana are adorable. :wub:

Guest alga215

currently listening to the NEW ost of CH.. :wub:

I am assuming this is what Nana wanted to say or express to YS.. :w00t:

SO SWEET song :wub:

Thanks to the one who shared the DL link! :wub:

yo! otchosais,, you're here!! i thought you are already preparing for your board exams??

looks like you can't stop watching these great korean dramas huh?? :lol:

((( Episodes 01-06 )))

"City Hunter (2011) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ City Hunter Team @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/1820-city-hunter

Softsubs Link: http://en.viki.com/channels/1820-city-hunter/posts/7777-city-hunter-2011-viki-softsubs

The softsubs are synced to 720p-HANrel videos.

They should work for any resolution HANrel videos.

The RAW video files are also in folders on file hosting services...

MU Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel

FS Folders: 352p -|- 352p-HANrel -|- 450p-HANrel -|- 720p -|- 720p-HANrel

The softsub links will be in folders on file hosts...

MegaUpload Folder | FileServe Folder | MediaFire Folder

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

SWTCH.E01.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E02.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E03.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E04.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

SWTCH.E05.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt ((( new )))

SWTCH.E06.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt ((( new )))

OMG I just finished episode 6 and I can't stop laughing at all their facial expressions at the end! AHHA! OMG so funny! Even though I sort of expected something like that when she spilled the drink on him and told him to take his shirt of, seeing all four of the characters together in that situation, sooooo funny! :w00t:

The only part I feel I have to complain about in this episode is how everyone faulted Nana for using her judo on that man who rushed at the candidate on the street. Considering what had happened with the sniper attack, all of the security SHOULD be super-tight. There was no good reason to include those couple of scenes — on the street and in the car — in order to make it seem like she can't do her job. Clearly she can, otherwise the candidate/senator (whatever he is) wouldn't keep her on as one of the bodyguards. Additionally, it doesn't make any sense to the plot since in the scene towards the end when Prosecutor Kim confronted him in the elevator that he had been using the excuse of being hospitalized and traumatized by the shooting incident to avoid being interviewed by the DA. That being the case, it makes no sense he was out on the streets doing very public campaigning the day before. Sorry if it seems like nitpicking, but I really think this makes no sense.