[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest lonestar

I'm so in love with this drama it's bordering on obsession, gahhhhh...

and as I type this, 'Suddenly' is playing from my headphones (I freaking love this song)

Have been lurking on this thread ever since news of City Hunter was released, and ALAS I've decided to well, not just lurk, ha.

Lee Min Ho. Damn, my love for you has increased tenfold (and it's not like I haven't loved you enough ever since BOF)

I'm so thankful for my current break in semester, which allows me to stay up til the wee hours in the morning for the Chinese subs to be out (I swear Chinese subbers are insanely fast, RESPECT!) Okay, heck! I guess school would not deter me from staying up after all, heh..

Despite some minor flaws in the plot: For eg, in the beginning of ep. 9 when ajusshi called them into the car, i was like 'OH CRAP, ahjusshi, you did not just call Yoon Sung by his name?!?!, what if... ... i dunno, someone was lurking around aka stalker-guy-who-got-whacked-by-a-file or something, maybe something like 'GUYS! Get in!!!' would suffice, haha...

In ep. 10, when Yoon Sung casually walked over and opened the ambulance door, my first thought was, do these people not lock doors?! and how easy was it for him to slide out of that mortuary thing. BUT, then again, it's an AMBULANCE, i guess you don't lock such things to save time, and the mortuary thing didn't need locks, i think..

So basically, I'm so darn hooked onto this drama, I wish Friday to Tuesdays do not exist... RAWRRR....

all HUNTER lovers, HANG ON! It'll be Wednesday soon..... >.<

(I keep thinking, at the end of this, Minho is so gonna be the one hunted instead, heh XD)

Guest farhah1986

chan157' date='24 June 2011 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1308906785' post='17224038']

His daddy lies to him only to make him focus on hunting the targets.

I think you've gotta know that he IS NOW in DANGER. If he knows his mom didn't abandon him, then their relationship gets better, then he and his mom will be in danger.

I think, for his son's future, daddy has to lie. Or else like what he said, everyone around him will be covered by blood. :((

I agree with you...eventhough YS know the truth later its not gonna change anything instead it will put him and people around him in danger....I think thats why JP lied to him before so that he focus in his mission and to protect him from any danger...I think the reason why JP visits nana before is to know what kind of woman she is and not to theaten YS about hurting her(at least thats why I think ).I think JP genuinly concern about him when he said because of him nana may die..I don't think its mean JP will do anything to her instead their enemy will  know his weak spot and use it against him.

I think this drama wont end sad...after all this is very sad now so they wont end it sad..I think YS will still be CH and Nana working with him and the prosecuter will still chase after him...I bet they wont know its YS who is the CH..they might know but they wont be able to confirm it...THAT will be the best ending....

I think that kind of ending is perfect for this drama....it will be interesting that YS still be the city hunter and nana become her sidekick while the prosecuter still chase after him eventhough they might know its him they won't be able to catch him...

does anybody have the mp3/ youtube link of the last song played in ep 10 when NN saved YS from the prosecutor? it's like a violin... thanks before :D

btw i agree with marie67, it's like comic-y as well.. and that would be cool :D

and here is another one that cant be bothered to read others posts.

DO NOT put American or Europeen Prosecutor standards on a Korean Prosecutor.

Before you put writer-Nim and PD-Nim down, take some time and READ.

You can read my post above where it tells you where my post with a part of a PDF doc from Korean Prosecutor Assosiation is.

If you still think the prosecutor is nuts, unbeliveble or a wackjob by the writer then I dont know what to say.

Stop criticising the prosecutors actions!!!

It's easy to understand your frustration, but please don't be so upset.  This is just a kdrama discussion board, not a course in the Korean legal system--most people don't take this very seriously--they may only log in once a week and only look a one day's postings... ; )

Ahjussi doesnt need to turn himself in because I am pretty shure that the Statue of Limitation have passed for that car accident.

It has gone over 10 years since then.

And regarding what crime YS has done.. well its many even if he does it for the right cause.

Taken the law in his own hands.

Computer hacking on several occasions.

Kidnapping regardless if the "victim" is a criminal.

Falsifying his ID and entering the country with a false ID.

Braking an entering on several occations.

Well the list will get longer with the dramas course.

OH and regarding the Prosecutor. he is even in a higher possition then "normal" prosecutors since he is in the office (the only office) that has the right to examine high polititians economy. So that gives him more power.

For some strange reason I can't send you a message, it's saying there's an error,

but here's the banner w/ the text you requested...

I was booted out and had a time getting logged back in.  Phew!

I un-blocked your first message.  Can you try sending again.  Sorry to be a bother.blush.gif

Ahjussi doesnt need to turn himself in because I am pretty shure that the Statue of Limitation have passed for that car accident.

It has gone over 10 years since then.

I only mention his turning himself over to the authorities because that is what the character mentioned.  I just agree with him is all.

As far as the amount of criminal behavior going on;) , I mentioned before, if the bullet in the russain roulette scene was in the chamber on any of the JP 'pulls', Seo would have been dead while YS just stood there.:(

Oops! Topped the page.blush.gif

Edit

Thank you -quiescent!

Hello Hunters, this is the first time sharing icons here...

These icons are from episode 1/2 and a bit of 3.

Hope you all enjoy them but please remember to credit: -quiescent or aligatorun@livejournal

You can also credit me like this: ©-quiescent

Mehh. I decided you DON'T NEED to credit me :P So you guys can snatch all you want...

FIRST BATCH

*quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*

& (mini banners)

*quoted image* *quoted image* *quoted image*

The next batch will most likely be at the end of the week hopefully! (:

Here you go: :Dmskololia1

*quoted image*

My My My It's HEAVEN. I love the color tone of your icons. <3 Thanks a lot for sharing. I'll be using one of your icon and will credit. I think it's not right to not credit.

Minho is oh so adorable in last BTS pics. Thanks a lot, ilwoo_aein.

Guest dramaok

I LOVE THIS SONG. Makes me giddy.

I noticed that some instrumental songs used in the soundtrack have not been released, like the song in the beginning of episode 10, and the song played near the end of episode 10 when YS is climbing the NFS' wall.

They need to be released quickly!

yeah me too. btw i think the opening song and ending song is the same?

maybe my hearing is wrong, but both also sound so much like a version of Yanni's Reflection of Passion.

i guess there will be a city hunter ost part. 5 eventually then.

does anybody have the mp3/ youtube link of the last song played in ep 10 when NN saved YS from the prosecutor? it's like a violin... thanks before :D

they haven't released the song yet. if you find it please let me know too.

------------------

can't wait for next week's episodes.

i began this drama with no expectations, only checked out because of my lingering love for SKKS and our Min Young from that,

but OMG City Hunter = Best Drama of 2011!

Guest mikamijii

I really love this drama but it is starting to have a lot of loopholes here and there.

Ep9

YS's injury is irrelevant.Sometimes he's in pain,the next moment,he's ok.

Watch his face and hands b4 and after he deliver target number2.Such big difference.dry.gif

Ep10

How can ambulance in unlock conditions???Is it ok???

And how can Nana enter the building??

Is she authorised???crazy.gif

Nevertheless,I still like this drama a lot.Just hope that errors can be minimised.tongue.gif

i'm sorry, but i really find this last reply of yours offensive. can i just quote what you wrote here:  and here is another one that cant be bothered to read others posts. wow! why be so angry? because we weren't able to read your post? or is it because we got the wrong idea about how prosecutors do their jobs in S. korea and it's difference with western prosecutors? people can clarify things things without making other people feel offended. i really thought you were really nice when you replied to my post and clarified things for me. but now this?  

we are all fans of the drama here,we should love one another and help each other out. just saying.  so peace! 

I didnt mean to offend anyone just stated what I felt, but backtracking on post and discover that not only had I made a post about how prosecutors work I had directly answered one of your post about your negativ view on the prosecutor so I understand even less of you last negativ comment about him.

It's easy to understand your frustration, but please don't be so upset.  This is just a kdrama discussion board, not a course in the Korean legal system--most people don't take this very seriously--they may only log in once a week and only look a one day's postings... ; )

I am not upset but thanks :)

I only mention his turning himself over to the authorities because that is what the character mentioned.  I just agree with him is all.

As far as the amount of criminal behavior going on;) , I mentioned before, if the bullet in the russain roulette scene was in the chamber on any of the JP 'pulls', Seo would have been dead while YS just stood there.:(

Oops! Topped the page.blush.gif

Edit

Thank you -quiescent!

Sorry mskololia1 but the comment about what crimes he commited wasent directed to you, sorry for the missunderstanding. It was another post that I couldnt find when I did answere a part of your post and didnt want to make two in a row. :)

Guest merlyunho

I'm putting the life of my freshly painted nails on the line, as I'm typing this. I just can't wait any much longer after I was done with the last 2 epi to let all of these feelings out. I just can't.

First off. I still want to marvel (and question) on how Nana got so much smarter overnight. It's like, one time she's learning multiplication, and over a few hours she mastered algebra and matrix and stuff already. (ok maybe not that fast but still) however, i'm really digging the nana who just got a new brain. i was dying out of anger, having to keep on watching nana with her dumb mind, while still trying to figure out who save her from the sniper accident and blahblah. i'm just glad the writers came to their senses)

Speaking of the writers, i just want to salute em first for creating such a bold storyline and swoon-worthy lines. Man they didn't give you a minute to catch a breath did they? Everything happened so fast that I LOL-ed on one point and had my eyes all welled up on the next.

I esp. love the scene where YS had a little debating and battling with his inner self after he spoke to his mother in the hospital room. When he got out and screamed "HAISSHH", and ajusshi came out to comfort him. It all seemed so real. I understand like very very well his pain on not being able to save his mom and all the battle with 'you're my mother but you abandoned me so why do i have to save your life but still you're my mother' moral.

And I hate it when the heroine in k-dramas don't do anything after the hero fake-dumped her. Glad brave Nana didn't do so. I rlly rlly love the scene where she confessed up and the one where she threw the make out in the car girl out of the car and directly pushes her into the taxi. I was WHOA-ing over those all minutes that i don't know if my mouth was even ever closed in any of those times.

And lastly! Who didn't love those gasping moments when YS was trying to switch his blood sample in the lab, with all those dangling in the walls, and the OMG he's almost got caught by the prosecutor scene. I gasped for countless times on that scene and I know that many of you did too. i even literally SCREAMED at one point that maybe it woke up my sleeping parents.That was rlly great of a scene and I personally think they should've ended the episode where YS was struggling to make his escape and the prosecutor was walking and walking ,nearing the window. but then it was only my opinion :D Because that would've made a greater cliffhanger.

Glad I let all of my review out. (And glad my polished nails are still purr-fect). Can't wait til next Wednesday! :)

Guest myphim

Enjoy episode 9 & 10 very much. I agree with everyone that CH is very fast-paced. Sometimes it feels too fast for me because so much happen within each episode that left me gasping for breath and trying to digest everything.

I love all the judo training scenes in CH. It is so hot seeing how these girls are flipping guys twice their size around. I never knew judo can be so sexy. Now I have the urge to learn judo if only LMHot is there to train with. Seriously, the judo training scene in episode 10 is so hot. I can feel the sexual tension between both couples. Keep them coming drama.

The end left wanting more. I hope they will start working together now since YS is no longer working with Daddy. Besides, NN deserves to join the game since the target is involved with her parents accident. I can totally see NN trying to flirt with YJ so YS can make his getaway. Maybe NN can use her charms to distract YJ (if this guy can even take his mind off his work for a moment) so YS can investigate his dad. That would be awesome and we can see YS be jealous again. Hahaha. Sorry, the long wait for the next episode make my mind go into active overdrive to imagine all kind of possible scenarios.

I'm just enjoying this drama, in the same way that I would enjoy reading a comic book. The events are not only episodic, but also situational and not always consistent or adheres to continuity. It also requires the suspension of a certain amount of reality. So, it becomes fun, especially the visuals, which are quite suspenseful and thrilling.

We know the prosecutor's father is one of the 'five'. I wonder if the lady vet is somehow related to one of the 'five'. ??? She is the most mysterious one for me. :)

I can totally see NN trying to flirt with YJ so YS can make his getaway. Maybe NN can use her charms to distract YJ (if this guy can even take his mind off his work for a moment) so YS can investigate his dad. That would be awesome and we can see YS be jealous again. Hahaha. Sorry, the long wait for the next episode make my mind go into active overdrive to imagine all kind of possible scenarios.

Actually, I like your idea very much. I can totally picture it in my mind w00t.gif . That would be awesome if the scriptwriter had thought of it and used it in the future episodes :wub: Plus I would like to see Nana to get a glimpse of Yoon Sung's scarred back. :wub: I got this idea when I saw Yoon Sung treating his injury in episode 8 and thought it would be good opportunity for Nana to realize what he went through in his life tears.gif

Guest xsilentangel

Does anyone know where I can download that epic instrumental music playing at the end of Episode 10 (Not Suddenly by 김보경). It's when Na Na pulls Yoon Sung into the room! PLEASE!! I've been dying for that awesome music haha...

Anyways.. OMG I am always dying at the end of each episode.. I don't think I can suffer anymore :(! This drama is too good. The pacing is fantastic and how it all connects is excellent. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I haven't been this into a drama in a long long time. This is truly a thrilling and exciting drama.

Guest myphim

Was talking to my brother about this show and he mentions something interesting.

My bro thinks YJ reminds him of Harvey Dent/Two-Faced in the Batman series. They are both overzealous over their work and Harvey eventually turn evil in the process. So I was wondering if the same thing will happen to YJ. I hope not because if YJ turn evil, he will be a hard opponent to defeat.