The Hunger Games (2012 Movie)

Guest sbq

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so disappointed with the Girl On Fire designs ; _____; Seriously, as a creative person my mind literally went WILD at the possibilities of this amazing dress that was supposed to leave everyone's jaw on the ground. Oh well... other than that though, Katniss seems a bit more tomboyish than what I had in mind, but I guess I can blame kpop and their pretty girls for that. Peeta seems to be casted well though, not so much about Gale. The guy who supposedly a lot of girls in Katniss's district had a crush on lol...

I really. really. want to see this movie. Just so I can experience a little bit of how they portray all the memorable parts I loved the most in the book. From there I'll decide whether I anticipate them to recreate the second and third book :)

My bestfriend and I will be watching it on Sunday but I think I'm soooooooooooo left behind!!! Today, it officially premiered here in my country and I've read all positive reviews, which are hugely majority, about the film on twitter. I am so envious of those who have already watch but bcoz I have work to do, I was not able to go for the advance screening! Waaah! Poor me! Perhaps, I have to keep my patience and wait for Sunday to come! I'm just so excited to see the Girl on Fire alive on the big screen. I know J.Lawrence had justified enough the character given she's a great actress. I hope she stays with the role up until the 3rd installment of the film. Go read the three-part book guys, you'll surely enjoy it. It's going to be worth all you're sleepless night when you get addicted to it. 

Guest xxkanaxx

Although the idea is some what very similar to Japanese manga/ movie Battle Royale, I'm sooooooooo excited for this movie!!!!! The cast of the movie seem like an excellent choice too ^^. People already bought their ticket for tonight, but I'm going to wait until next week so that I can get free tickets hahaha.

Guest keiichin

I've seen it already! AWESOME! AWESOOOME! Gosh!!!!!! >____< Favorite movie of the year. There's some variances in the movie compared to the book.waaaaah! Peeetaaaaa.........w00t.gif *Rue's FOUR NOTE WHISTLE phew.gif*

Guest b2stbaaby

The movie was soooo good! I think the book was better as the books always are but I still LOVED the movie! Peeta & Katniss were so cute! Gale was tooo! I love them all! And when Rue died.... I couldn't stop crying! I cant wait until it comes out on dvd... I'm definitely buying it!!!!! One of my favourite movies ever!

I still didn't watch the movie yet... going to watch it this saturday but... BUTTTTTTT..... I did get a chance to meet Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson..... and man... Jennifer is GORGEOUS and josh... he may be short but dear lord he is a good looking guy. LOL.

I hope the movie is good! I'm glad to see that many liked, both critics and fans..

Guest HERMIT

I never read any of the books and as a totally clueless adult, I went to watch this movie just to see what all the fuss was all about.

And after sitting in a crowded theater filled with mostly teenagers, I think I now get the whole allure and fascination of what The Hunger Games is all about.

Because after about an hour of trying to watch the movie over all the chatterboxes sitting around me, I started feeling like I wanted to

KILL ABOUT 23 OF THESE KIDS MYSELF.  2drvps7.jpg

I guess it didn't help that I was already in a bad mood going into the theater.  What with the price of concessions costing an arm and a leg, I tried to smuggle in a Double Whopper and some large fries in my coat pocket - but I got caught and was forced to dump all that stuff into the trash.  WTF.

So here I was in the movies watching The Hunger Games and I was STARVING.

How freaking ironic is that?

But aside from all that, I thought the story was entertaining.

But I do have one question though (SPOILER ALERT - READ NO FURTHER):

How come Katniss got all upset with that dude when he confessed on television that he had a crush on her?

Certainly she knew what was up - and I suspect she had the hots for him early on.

The reason I suspect this was that when all the Tributes arrived in the city, they all got prepped and groomed and such.

When Katniss was getting the full treatment, I remember her getting waxed.

And I believe that she wouldn't have bothered getting waxed if she didn't think she was going to get it on later with that guy.

Because after all, for a guy who's name sounds like PETA, she probably thought he didn't like girls that wore "too much fur".

Anyway, just sayin'.

Guest jagerbomb

^ LOL. but wow, in Australia you can pretty much bring whatever you want inside .. as a matter of fact my friend was eating a subway sandwich while I was eating Maccas :D

anyway I thought it was good, however not enough blood and gore (like Battle Royale, I know totally different) but what did I expect from an M rated movie haha. 

SPOILER below - sorry don't know how to make that spoiler thingo >.<

At first I didn't like Peta but he grew on me and I can't help but feel sorry for him because I'm pretty sure Katnis was just putting on a show about the whole 'lover' thing when they were in the cave and she kissed him although now I think she kinda does have feelings for him? (correct me if I'm wrong, haven't read the book).. and there wasn't enough of Gale for me to feel anything for his character, maybe in the next movie but omg I agree with youse, when Rue died I teared up a bit also when Katnis volunteered herself.

Guest nana544

I never read any of the books and as a totally clueless adult, I went to watch this movie just to see what all the fuss was all about.

And after sitting in a crowded theater filled with mostly teenagers, I think I now get the whole allure and fascination of what The Hunger Games is all about.

Because after about an hour of trying to watch the movie over all the chatterboxes sitting around me, I started feeling like I wanted to

KILL ABOUT 23 OF THESE KIDS MYSELF.  *quoted image*

I guess it didn't help that I was already in a bad mood going into the theater.  What with the price of concessions costing an arm and a leg, I tried to smuggle in a Double Whopper and some large fries in my coat pocket - but I got caught and was forced to dump all that stuff into the trash.  WTF.

So here I was in the movies watching The Hunger Games and I was STARVING.

How freaking ironic is that?

But aside from all that, I thought the story was entertaining.

How come Katniss got all upset with that dude when he confessed on television that he had a crush on her?

Certainly she knew what was up - and I suspect she had the hots for him early on.

The reason I suspect this was that when all the Tributes arrived in the city, they all got prepped and groomed and such.

And I believe that she wouldn't have bothered getting waxed if she didn't think she was going to get it on later with that guy.

Because after all, for a guy who's name sounds like PETA, she probably thought he didn't like girls that wore "too much fur".

Anyway, just sayin'.

Poor Hermit. You should have bring a big bag or purse and put your food in there like me. It's weird that the theater you're going is checking people, where I'm at, they don't do that. I can sneak in anything as long as it's not being seen. Anyways, lol you got some funny humor there. Also, the movie was amazing!!!! I tear up when Katnis volunteered herself to protect her sister....such a touching scene....and so sad Rue died.

I went to the midnight premiere last night and I'm seriously SO obsessed with the movie now!

The book will always be better though since it was more detailed (though the whole book was very predictable).

But still, IT WAS AMAZING! asdjsljfkldjglrej

The whole cast did so well! Their acting was just amazing. They fit the characters so well. Especially Jennifer. FSdjlerjlj she's so gorgeous ;____;

I cried so much throughout the movie, though. The reaping, Rue, District 11 and The Cave are the scenes got me the most ;___;

Ahhh, overall, the movie was amazing and is definitely a great movie to watch!

The soundtrack is really good, too! :D

I can't wait for the DVD to come out!

May the odds be ever in your favor ♥

Anyway, just sayin'.

I didn't watch the movie but I read the book a while ago. 

The reason why Katniss gets upset is because she feels like she's probably getting used by Peeta. Like, he's making her appear weak and a fool in front of everyone. For the majority of the book, she has very conflicted feelings towards Peeta because she's never sure if he actually does like her or if he's putting it on for a show to save himself and create a good story for himself. Of course we know he truly cares for her and is willing to do anything to keep her alive but she doesn't.

Also, the reason why she gets all made up is because this is all for the entrainment of the capital. It's not by choice that they all have to summit to what the capital wants. And what the capital wants is kids who look fresh and able so that they can sit in their high chairs and pretend that what they're doing is all fun and games for everyone. Katniss in book 1 was never in love with Peeta. Sure, she was conflicted with pretending but she had more feelings for Gale than she did for Peeta until the second book. Everything she did was because in a way she did care for him but mostly because she wanted to stay alive as well. I hope that makes sense.

Guest jaejoong<3

Went to see the movie last night. It was okay, but not what I expected. Mostly just because I've read the entire series no less than fifty times, and I had a lot of little moments and phrases that I LOVED that were left out of the book. I LOVED how they did Rue's death though, but I wish they didn't have to shorten the movie. A lot of stuff was left out that I thought was pretty key.

Like Haymitch! Although I thought the technology that they used for the Gamemakers was AWESOME. And I loved how they played the whole "behind-the-scenes" stuff that you don't get to see at all in the book. I realize that the author had a hand in making the script, but it was kind of sad that a lot of the little things were left behind.

I didn't like Peeta's character, either. My friend kept elbowing me because I couldn't stop laughing at his acting. And also, my friend is totally on Gale's side and the movie definitely could put you that way, showing his reactions and all. The beasts made everyone in the theater jump, though.

I hope they stick more to the books for Catching Fire though!!

Guest Dazzle and Destroy

I thought they stuck with the book as much as they could, I mean they had to make a 2 hour movie and stuff everything in, so a little changes had to be made. Their acting surprised me, i honestly really loved it.. its how I imagined them to be! I wish the hunger games wasn't a movie, but a series T_T because for those that didn't read the book, like my bf and friends that just went to see whats all the hype about without reading it, was pretty confused and didn't really connect with the characters. I had to explain to them everything after the movie was done lol. my bf liked it tho, because i practically kept talking about it before the movie ever came out!

I guess I'm one of the few that was disappointed in the movie. Read all the books and loved it. But the biggest disappointment for me was the "romance" between Peeta and Catnip (I like calling her that lol :D ). I was unconvinced at their "love for each other", especially on Peeta's part, who was supposed to be in love "for reals" with Catnip. I didn't feel any connection at all between the two.

Some other minor disappointments:

-Disappointed that Madge was left out completely, and the fact that Catnip had to buy the Mockingjay pin from a vendor. I realize they have to condense the book into a movie in under 2.5 hours, but Madge didn't have much of a role in the book anyways, so it could've been easily implemented.

-Disappointed that the hovercrafts didn't have a bigger role in the movie, as they were the ones that picked up dead bodies. They also left out the red headed Avox girl (her name escapes me) and her bf, even though they showed the hovercraft when Gale and Catnip were in the forest.

-Was there cannonfire when Rue and the guy that killed her died? I seemed to have missed that. I also thought in the book Rue was captured and about to be killed by that dude with a knife when Catnip just showed up and was too late to save her. Did they change that part or am I imagining things?

-Also, wasn't it Rue that told Catnip about those deadly Nightlock berries?

-Disappointed there weren't more parachutes, and the fact that Peeta wasn't drugged by Catnip when she had to go get his medicine, but he wouldn't let her.

-In the movie, Catnip didn't seem thirsty at all. I blame the director for this. In the beginning of the games in the book, she was almost dying of thirst. I didn't get that feeling of desperation in the movie.

-Also didn't get the feeling of hunger in the districts. District 12 is supposed to be the poorest, along with the hungriest people in all of Panem. Not much portrayal of that.

-Haymitch wasn't drunk enough in the movie. Where was the self-destructive personality in the movie that we've read in the books?

The other disappointments I listed I can live without, but for the most part, it was just the romance between Peeta and Catnip that really got me. I just didn't feel it at all. Like President Snow once said: "Make me believe it"

I have to say I was pretty underwhelmed... I think I'm one of the minority who hasn't read the book, but I get what the story is about since it's similar to Battle Royale and I've seen that. It's a good film overall, but there was something missing I think (I can't put my finger on it though). Also, since everyone was giggling at the Gale/Pita parts, I felt like I was watching Twilight =_= lol but yea I felt like the concept was weakened with the love triangle.

On another note, I really like the soundtrack. :)

-Was there cannonfire when Rue and the guy that killed her died? I seemed to have missed that. I also thought in the book Rue was captured and about to be killed by that dude with a knife when Catnip just showed up and was too late to save her. Did they change that part or am I imagining things?

-In the movie, Catnip didn't seem thirsty at all. I blame the director for this. In the beginning of the games in the book, she was almost dying of thirst. I didn't get that feeling of desperation in the movie.

I don't think there were cannonfires, they probably wanted to focus on Katniss's sadness. And no, you weren't imagining it that part.

Katniss wasn't thirsty because she pretty much found water right away, after she ran into the forest, away from the cornupiaafdafdja lol.

Guest IUandMe

I still didn't watch the movie yet... going to watch it this saturday but... BUTTTTTTT..... I did get a chance to meet Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson..... and man... Jennifer is GORGEOUS and josh... he may be short but dear lord he is a good looking guy. LOL.

I hope the movie is good! I'm glad to see that many liked, both critics and fans..

UMMM HOW did you meet them?  Jennifer Lawrence wub.gif  Only makes sense she's already taken..

Guest happybubble

I didn't read the book before I watch the movie and still understood the story...in fact, I loved it!!! I am going to buy the book later~

Archived