The Hunger Games (2012 Movie)

Guest sbq

Guest asdfjkl;fdsajkl;

I'm really disappointed in the casting. Josh Hutcherson with Jennifer Lawrence is just....bleh. I think I would've been fine with him as Peeta if they casted someone younger...and shorter for Katniss. Jennifer Lawrence looks too old and the thought of the two of them making out doesn't conjure up pretty images. Wanted Hunter Parrish really bad just like the rest of you guys.

As for Liam, never really cared who they hired for that part cuz I never really liked Gale for some inexplicable reason lol.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ team peeta!

ya know, Hunter Parrish is cool and all

but he doesn't seem too articulate or eloquent in his interviews

and isn't that one of Peeta's most important traits ._.

anywho ... still dont know what to think about the casting

..i'll just hope for the best

Guest kurayzeexivy

When I saw Jennifer was casted...I was kinda unsure about it because of her age and she isn't at all like how I pictured her, but I think I could adapt. But now that Josh is casted as Peeta and Liam as Gale, I don't even know what to say! Josh is too babyish to me and Liam isn't just how Gale is supposed to be! (I'm Team Gale so yeah :P)Fingers crossed this will prove me wrong!

Guest hunterheart

I wished they casted younger actors... I didn't imagine them to be so old. I can't see Liam Hensworth at all as Gale.

Guest jerrylewis

What a beautiful thread.the pictures are in the posts are really ver good.I've seen several videos where she's "in talks with Gary Ross for upcoming projects". but honestly I'd be disappointed if she was cast, even though I don't doubt she is a good actress. I honestly can't see her as Katniss though, she just seems too young and 'soft'.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Elizabeth Banks is Effie, Dayo Okeniyi is Thresh and Amandla Stenberg is Rue.

thg-casting-update.jpg

Levin Rambin is Glimmer and Jack Quaid is Marvel

District1.jpg

Willow Shields is Primrose

Primrose.jpg

They all look okay. Not sure about Marvel though and I really wanted Kristin Chenoweth as Effie.

Also has Willow (Primrose)got a monobrow? It's very off-putting.

Guest pikasaki

I like this casting so far.

(I wish they'd gotten the main casting better though.)

Don't know about the guy for Marvel, but then again, to be honest, I hardly remember Marvel in the book. Was he the guy that was supposed to watch over the Careers' supply and got blown up?

Willow Shields isn't how I pictured Prim at all but I'm okay with her. I hope they dye her hair light blonde. I'm sure they'll get rid of the unibrow!

I like this casting so far.

(I wish they'd gotten the main casting better though.)

Don't know about the guy for Marvel, but then again, to be honest, I hardly remember Marvel in the book. Was he the guy that was supposed to watch over the Careers' supply and got blown up?

Willow Shields isn't how I pictured Prim at all but I'm okay with her. I hope they dye her hair light blonde. I'm sure they'll get rid of the unibrow!

Marvel is the guy who

kills Rue

. So his role is bigger. I predicted someone more inoocent and cuter for Prim. They better get rid of that brow. It freaks me out.

The actor for Peeta looks way better than the actor for Gale...isn't that suppose to be opposite? The actors don't fit the characters...not even close to what imagined when I read the book. 

It's like when I read Twilight and then saw the movie with Kristin as Bella -__-

Guest toomuchsmiling

i don't think i'll be watching this? i mean the books were amazing, and i don't like the casting..especially the guy who plays Peeta, excuse me? -_-

ah well~~~ its just a matter of opinion i suppose.

Guest goldenGAZE

I actually think the cast looks great, especially Jennifer Lawerence as Katniss (especially judging from that first picture of her). She does look mature in the red carpet picture but i watched her in Winters Bone and she looks really young (i'd say 16 max) also her acting is phenomenal. She definitely won't disappoint! Primrose looks spot on too, innocent but not too weak.

I'm curious as to who will play President Snow, Finnick, Cinna and the rest of the make up crew (imagin them with their green/gold skin lol).

Guest flowerpetals

It's like when I read Twilight and then saw the movie with Kristin as Bella -__-

Well Stephanie Meyer originally planned for Emily Browning to play Bella but she dropped out of the role.

I was sorta hoping Emily would play Katniss too since she looks youthful and fit character really well.

Guest duckbutt'

^

^

I agree about Jennifer Lawrence. She can look very young. But I've never read the Hunger Games, so I don't have any say in any of this, because let's face it, the fans know all. But I love Jennifer Lawrence, because she's a great actress, so I'm hoping this movie will be good. Maybe I'll read the books someday. I hear they're really good.

Guest pikasaki

I'm okay with all of the people that were cast EXCEPT Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth which is no big deal since you know, they're only two of the most important characters in the book. -_-

John C. Reilly is in talks to play Haymitch

John_C_Reilly-1.jpg

I thought Emily Browning would make a good Katniss before too. She didn't drop out of Twilight. She was offered an audition by Stephenie Meyer but she turned it down citing 'exhaustion'.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnrazor

I have read the review from imdb and read the name of stars who are in this movie.

My eyes will on Jennifer Lawrence, Elizabeth Banks

Archived