The Hunger Games (2012 Movie)

Guest sbq

Guest itrayya

i live in charlotte, north carolina and they were casting here last month.

they will be filming around here and the state, so i'm excited to even be in the same state!

i haven't read the books but i kinda glanced at the synopsis and it sounds good.

imma keep my eyes out to see if i catch any filming going on, hehe.

i think jennifer lawrence is a humble actress, she'll do a good job.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed this trilogy. The first book had me sleep deprived for three nights before I finally finished reading it. I can't wait for the movie to come out. And I might be the only one, but the casting is perfect other than Liam as Gale. To be honest, Jennifer does not appeal to me as Katniss at first, but after seeing her in a thriller, she seems to be able to pull katniss. Hope this is not a disappointment.

Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy

Woody-Harrelson.jpg

Paula Malcomson as Mrs. Everdeen

PaulaMalcomsonasTrixie.jpg

Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman

stanleytucci.jpg

Wes Bentley as Seneca Crane

wes-bentley.jpg

Guest shinhbang

I've never really read the book, but...I'm already kind of disappointed at who they want to play Peeta. I pictured him better looking. And! LOL this may just be me, but I'd like to contradict your choice of Peeta with Alex Pettyfer's involvement. Because! *crossing fingers* I REALLY want him to play Jace Wayland in the Mortal Instruments. :)

Guest sprezzatura

^ Wow, she looks great!! I can totally see Stanley Tucci as Caesar! I'm also happy with the Haymitch casting! I hope the movies stay true to the books...!

Guest pikasaki

OMG I just love her. She's so down to earth, and just. Ugh. Perfect. I've been happy since day 1 that she was cast. And because of her, she gave me a bit of faith in Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth.

Here's an interview with her about The Hunger Games and she's brunette here!

Jennifer Lawrence Interview

I've been reading a lot about her and Hunger Games lately and the more I read

the more I think she is so suitable for the part, for example the thing she said during her audition

I feel like she understands Katniss really well, so her portrayal is going to be on spot

The first time that Katniss has to go into the cylinder and she goes up into the arena and looks around and sees it for the first time,” says Lawrence. “Knowing that when that trumpet blows she could die. The thing that’s great about her is she’s not a murderer. She’s a hunter, but she’s not a killer. I told Gary, ‘I totally understand if you don’t hire me, but please remember that after Katniss shoots a bow and kills someone her face cannot be badass. It has to be broken.’ She has to be heartbroken because she just took another person’s life. It’s so tempting, especially with a cool, big budget franchise movie, but we have to remember that she’s a 16-year-old girl who’s being forced to do this. These kids are only killing each other because if they don’t, they’ll die. It’s needless, pointless, unjustified violence. So there’s nothing cool about her. It’s not like she looks around the arena and goes ‘Yeah, I got this, I’m going to do this.’ I think she looks around terrified and thinks, ‘Well there are all the million different ways that I can die.

Jennifer Lawrence on The Hunger Games

Guest jollibee

i'm not feeling the guy cast...anyways..as long as the movie doesn't turn out like twilight...

Guest PB&Banana

Keeping up with this thread makes me want to read the books so far the only two things that I don't like about the movie is the casting of the male leads, I've seen them in other movies and their nothing to rave about BUT I am a huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence and I will support her movies, so far it looks like fans think she's perfect for the part albeit doubts from a few.

Lenny Kravitz is Cinna

lenny_kravitz_02.jpg

I agree Male cast could be a lot better but I like Woody as Haymitch, he was great in Zombieland. I like Jennifer Lawrence, she keeps growing on me.

Leeny Kravitz could be Cinna, he is out there like him.

Guest monkeyshinobi

haha yes Pettyfer would be great as Peeta. Sadly it's not. woooahh! Ethan Peck would be a great Gale as well! ahh i'm so dissatisfied  with Gale and Peeta's casting. Hopefully their performances will make up for my disappointment. Well i guess i'll have to see the movie and see how i feel after that.

Official Cast  hm even the guy playing Cato could be a good Peeta. I wonder how Josh Hutcherson will look as a blond.

Oh yeah President Snow has been officially casted -->  President Snow

wow i never thought about it, but the guy who plays Dr. House on House would be the perfect Haymitch! Really o.o he's perfect for that role. Ah well the official cast will make it work somehow~ ahh can't wait! :]

Guest flowerpetals

I still feel like it'll be awkward between Clove and Katniss.

Clove is suppose to be towering over Katniss but Jennifer is like a giant next to Isabelle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Badboyz

"the Hunger Games" is a rip off book from the japanese manga "battle royale"...

Now they decide to make a movie out of it...

• 1 month later...
Guest trinity1418

^^^ Well I believe "Battle Royale" was a novel first and then became a manga and a movie. Your comment made me curious so I went and looked up a few things, haha. I had heard of "Battle Royale" before but it sounded a bit too violent for me so never really looked into it. However, with the similarities between it and "Hunger Games," it just may be time for me to do so. There are some good reviews I looked at at amazon.com comparing the two. I can't say HG is a rip off of BR yet cause I haven't read BR, but I just might since I enjoyed HG so much. As of now, it sounds like HG is a tone downed American teenage version of BR.

Anywho, back to the HG movie!!! I am really curious to how they will turn the book into a movie. So much of the book is what's inside Katniss's head. I doubt they'll let us hear her thoughts. That usually doesn't work well in action type movies, haha. I also heard they plan to play the love triangle up for the "hearthrob" factor. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I actually loved the love triangle (at first, I didn't know who to root for! Peeta or Gale? haha) and thought it was more than enough in the book already, so for them to want to put even more emphasis on it...uh, I hope it isn't the main focus of the movie. Oh gawd, I hope not! I have a feeling they are gonna throw more Gale scenes in there since he wasn't in book 1 all that much. But I'm a Peeta girl all the way, haha.

Speaking of Peeta! When I found out who they casted as him, I was rather surprised! He wasn't at all who I imagined for Peeta! However, I actually think he's a pretty good actor. He was soooooooooooo good in "Little Manhattan!" I have faith, he'll do Peeta justice. The director seems to think so. The director said something about how Josh embodied everything Peeta was about, so I will keep my fingers crossed! I suppose it's his physical looks that was the biggest issue since Peeta is supposed to look big and strong and it doesn't help that Jennifer is taller than Josh, haha! It was funny though, I read that Josh responded to the height issue by saying something about how Jennifer is only like half an inch or so taller than him, not 2 ft! Lol!

I'm a bit indifferent as Liam as Gale. True, I didn't picture Liam as Gale at first but since I love Peeta so much, I don't really mind who plays Gale...haha.

As for Jennifer as Katniss, as soon as I saw those pictures of her as Katniss...she won me over! She looks the part and seems like a great actress, so I have no problems whatsoever with her. She is taller than what I pictured Katniss would be, but eh...whatever.

I'm excited for the movie! I just really hope the movie will translate well on screen. I'm really looking forward to watching the Katniss/Peeta interaction! :D

• 2 weeks later...

@jisol I've recently come across that response from Lawrence you've posted and I have to agree, I think her analysis of Katniss is pretty spot on. I haven't watched anything of Lawrence so I can't say anything about her acting yet. The only thing I know is she's an Academy Award Nominee for Winter's Bone. Like you, the more I read about her and THG, I'm beginning to build faith in her and hopefully she'll deliver =)

@trinity1418 I have actually only watched Battle Royale and it was very bloody and gory. It made me nauseous like I've never been nauseous before. I couldn't stomach my dinner lol (at least for me) I think THG is definitely more toned down, but I'm not sure if the BR book is as gory as the movie. Maybe I should pick up a copy soon hehe! Truthfully, THG did sort of remind me of BR but that's because I saw BR first and they're both about dystopian society with kids forced to kill each other =S I've always rooted for Peeta since the beginning XD There was something about Gale that didn't really make me "ship" him but anyway, I'm not that interested in the romance. I hope they don't over-do it and turn it into something like Twilight :phew: It'll be more interesting to see the action and the themes Collins explored in the book than romance imo...Don't really like Liam as Gale but hope he'll change my mind. As for Josh Hutcherson, not what I picture Peeta but I'm willing to give him a chance =) I saw a candid shot of him filming on set, I think. He looks pretty cute with the Peeta look lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest x3jenniee

I don't really mind Jennifer as Katniss, but omg Gale and Peeta ._. WHY!!! LOL

I thought Logan Lerman could have fit in somewhere because he's around the age in the book and his acting is pretty good.

Plus you know he's super cute LOLOL. Oh well.

Guest monkeyshinobi

^LOL I love your profile picture, haha handsome squidward XD

ok anyways, I've actually read Battle Royale and i've seen the movie. I've also read the Hunger Games (still need to finish Mockingjay...). I can totally see why THG was called a rip off of BR, but honestly they're only similar in the games aspect. In both, a group of people are put into a game where they have to all kill each other and the survivor is the winner. Both are ruled under a controlling government as well and the games are played to inflict fear into the citizens. But that's kinda as far as it goes in my opinion. They both REALLY different, i guess you have to read both.

THG is a lighter read, and is also lighter in the violence descriptions. BR is much more descriptive in the deaths of the characters, the movie was especially gory (not too bad imo though, could've been worse).

Well enough on that, here's the poster!

the-hunger-games-movie-poster_411x649.png

since these weren't posted yet, i'll just post them! :D

the-hunger-games01.jpg

Katniss and Gale (hmm he seems like a good Gale to me actually...)

the-hunger-games02.jpg

Peeta

the-hunger-games03.jpg

Katniss

the-hunger-games04.jpg

Peeta again~

the-hunger-games05.jpg

Gale

EDIT- So there's going to be a sneak peak of the movie on the MTV VMAs this sunday! YES! So excited! :D

^ after looking at those stills,

i think the male castings look the part.

at first i was a bit iffy with gale's casting.

i'm actually looking forward to the movie. :D

i just finished catching fire, and is 2nd reserve for mockingjay.

this might be a little bit off-topic but,

does anyone recommend buying the trilogy?

i don't think i can wait at least two months after being left on a cliffhanger of catching fire. :tears:

-edit-

i was on tumblr and read some of people's posts about camping out the VMA just to watch the preview.

some of them hilarious about katy perry looking like effie. :lol:

if anyone's interested,

someone videorecorded the preview on their tumblr. :)

http://bribrixaxmonsterx3.tumblr.com/post/9531982067/hey-guys-this-is-the-first-preview-to-the-hunger

credit: http://bribrixaxmonsterx3.tumblr.com/

Archived