[Drama 2011] Crime Squad / Detectives in Trouble 강력반

KonaBeans

The man with whom Song Il Kook as Park Se-Hyuk is up against in Crime Squad (Homicide). I think they, Song Il Kook and Kim Seung Woo, will cook up such a feast in this drama (fine look, excellent acting and dramatic confrontation), and I for one, cannot wait!!

======================

Kim Seung Woo is charismatic police chief in Homicide

English Source: KoreanVibe.com

27.jpg

After made a cameo in SBS Athena : Goddess of War, Kim Seung Woo landed in upcoming KBS drama titled Homicide. Homicide tells story of police detectives who solves their cases with unique ways.

Kim Seung Woo will play a handsome and charismatic police chief named Jung Il Do. His character is a man who often called as police representative man, a man who thinks that police official clothes are more suitable than usual / private ones as well as a formal suit is closer than a detective jumper. He also describes as man with persuasive talking skill and faithful voice.

Kim Seung Woo on his upcoming role : I’m strongly interested in this drama as it’s orthodox investigation material. Especially, Jung Il Do’s character looks very interesting for me.

Good casting ! 42-year-old Kim Seung Woo is 100% believable for that kind of role.

Homicide also starring Song Il Gook and will debut February 28.

Source : Sports Khan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still not contented hahahha want longer exposure not just 10secs...Is Il kook nim is very conservative? I hope not this time sorry to wifey...Msko he has nice butt don't need to squat and leg lifting practice  :lol::w00t:  

I like his look in AMCG but maybe here is different it can be military hair cut but as he transformed is should be different aura for sure...I'm so excited of this drama...wheeewwww

I don't know if there will be any "booty calls" kish, but if so, I will be pleasantly surprised.:lol:

Something else I read in the Chinese news coverage of Mr. Song’s participation in Crime Squad..

===============

Mr. Song also stated in the press release that upon reading the script he was immediately intrigued by and attracted to the seemingly contradictory personality that Park Se-hyuk possesses, and he hopes, by taking on this role, to bring to the audience a different side of his acting ability.

In addition, Park Se-Hyuk is to be depicted as a Janus-like character. What is Janus-like ? The simple answer is two-faced. According to Wikipedia, “In Roman mythology, Janus is the god of gates, doors, doorways, beginnings, endings and time. His most prominent remnant in modern culture is his namesake, the month of January, which begins the new year. Most often he is depicted as having two heads, facing opposite directions; one head looks back at the last year while the other looks forward to the new, simultaneously into the future and the past.”

Jekyll and Hyde comes to my mind as someone with two faces:showing contradictory character traits, as if having a split personality. However, Mr. Hyde is purely wicked: a separate personality expressing Dr. Kekyll’s evil instincts; therefore, I don’t believe that Park Se-Hyuk is Jekyll and Hyde like, but I expect to see him constantly struggling between his nature-born gentle heart and trauma-induced violent manner.

In any case, I am confident that Mr. Song will turn Park Se-hyuk into the only one of its kind crime fighter and I am sure Detective Park will become my new favorite Detective.

A "butt" is a must for me too. :w00t:   I am watching several kdramas and have noticed quite a few nice ones....

Actually, that's what I'm trying to say.  Afraid to write "butt" but it's really what I meant.  SIK has a nice butt paired with hard-muscled legs.  We need more body exposure from him.  Longer, as what KISH said.  And more torrid kissing scenes, please. 

I don't think IDOL is too conservative to do sexy scenes.  We had seen him in that skimpy swimming trunks in AMCG and he looked so "hot" in it.  He made my blood pressure went up.

I guess it will be aired at KBS channel in the Philippines but I doubt it would be, here in  the U.S.  I hope some good soul post the episodes with good English subs in the internet, episode by episode, as the drama goes along.  I will die of excitement and anticipation. 

I miss my IDOL so much.  Everytime I watch another drama, it's him I want to see in the frames.  I'm currently watching "Iljimae", since our friend KONA endorsed the drama, but I can't help comparing the actors with IDOL.  He is still the best for me.  Incomparable SIK.

Guest erica1064

Actor Song IL-Kook turns Detective in new Drama

An official of the drama production team said that some of the episodes  of the drama will depict on cases based on real-life crimes that made  headlines last year.

That's pretty interesting.  Can anyone shed any light on cases that were highly publicized in Korea last year that might be retold here in this series?  Maybe giving insight into SIKs character? 

If it were a few years ago, it might be about some scag reporter suing a thoroughly sweet and innocent actor for assault, but that was soooo 2008.  No point bringing that nasty woman up.

I don't think IDOL is too conservative to do sexy scenes.  We had seen him in that skimpy swimming trunks in AMCG and he looked so "hot" in it. 

I'm currently watching "Iljimae", since our friend KONA endorsed the drama, but I can't help comparing the actors with IDOL.  He is still the best for me.  Incomparable SIK.

Although I'm also hoping the drama will be a hit so it can be extended to 20 epis at least, I don't expect any hot steamy scene in this series.  Park Sea-Hyuk is no Michael King and I least expect a detective to go out and seduce a woman (i.e. Jang Mi) to solve a case :D.   SIK once said he will not need a body like Michael King so instead of worrying about diet, he will enjoy the shooting.

Ijimea is nothing like Jumong or KOTW, so you can't compare the juniors to SIK, Ardent.  Just enjoy the drama and the amazing OST.

Jekyll and Hyde comes to my mind as someone with two faces:showing contradictory character traits, as if having a split personality. However, Mr. Hyde is purely wicked: a separate personality expressing Dr. Kekyll’s evil instincts; therefore, I don’t believe that Park Se-Hyuk is Jekyll and Hyde like, but I expect to see him constantly struggling between his nature-born gentle heart and trauma-induced violent manner.

Agree.  I don't know Jekyll and Hyde but heard of Cain and Abel.  We can pretty much assume that Park Seo-Hyuk is a nature gentle kind-hearted detective (Jekyll), but after an incident (could be a death of a daughter like in some Google translation), he becomes  Hyde, but at the end, he will come back to his true self as a good guy.  Furthermore, I'm speculating the drama with two great cast will be extended to at least 20 episodes :D.  Am I asking for too much? :w00t:

That's pretty interesting.  Can anyone shed any light on cases that were highly publicized in Korea last year that might be retold here in this series?  Maybe giving insight into SIKs character? 

If it were a few years ago, it might be about some scag reporter suing a thoroughly sweet and innocent actor for assault, but that was soooo 2008.  No point bringing that nasty woman up.

It would be like opening an old wound to bring up the psycho reporter case.  In some articles translated by Google, there are something related to 'water material' and 'a death of a daughter', but and then it's Google translation ;),

I'm a huge fan of based-on-the-true-story movies, so for another reason beside SIK, I'm even more excited and anticipating in this project.  There was an old Kdrama called 'Looking for Dorothy', I think it's about detective homicide, but I have not watched it yet.

Is it February yet?

5334201564_411a999c0f_b.jpg

Created by: 처음처럼@GeNTLe

Agree.  I don't know Jekyll and Hyde but heard of Cain and Abel.  We can pretty much assume that Park Seo-Hyuk is a nature gentle kind-hearted detective (Jekyll), but after an incident (could be a death of a daughter like in some Google translation), he becomes  Hyde, but at the end, he will come back to his true self as a good guy.  Furthermore, I'm speculating the drama with two great cast will be extended to at least 20 episodes :D.  Am I asking for too much? :w00t:

Well, Cain and Abel for Park Se-hyuk is an interesting idea. However, Cain and Abel are actually two separate individuals (as they are two sons of Adam and Eve). Cain murdered Abel due to his jealousy of God’s favor for Abel. I could see Jung Il Do and Park Se-hyuk clashing like Cain and Abel.

Jekyll & Hyde, on the other hand, is one person with two faces (a split personality). Dr. Jekyll, a seemingly good person, would turn into evil Mr. Hyde after taking some potion. It is a classic concept of the inner conflict of humanity's sense of good and evil – perhaps more similar with what Park Se-Hyuk will be going through.

I, too, am a big fan of stories ripped directly from headlines (most cases in Law and Order are based on true crimes with some theatrical twists). I dont' expect to see much “love or seduction” in this drama, but I am looking forward to a lot of physical fights, emotional struggles and mental challenges.

And, no, you are not asking too much by hoping that the drama will be extended to at least 20 episodes. My hope is for it to last for several seasons, just like Law and Order. However, I have a feeling that your request is much more realistic than mine…

That's pretty interesting. Can anyone shed any light on cases that were highly publicized in Korea last year that might be retold here in this series? Maybe giving insight into SIKs character?

If it were a few years ago, it might be about some scag reporter suing a thoroughly sweet and innocent actor for assault, but that was soooo 2008. No point bringing that nasty woman up.

I certainly hope that ludicrous case will never be brought up again, not anywhere, and definitely not in this drama.

This drama is about detectives solving major crimes (and I don’t consider Mr. Song being falsely accused is a major crime) and it is supposed to ride along with some real cases happening in Korea. I am not familiar with any crimes committed in Korea. However, it they are as “juicy” as the cases we see here in the USA, it should be fun.

Erica, good to see you back and glad the feet is still there.I assume SIK never will never brought that kind of case somewhat reflection to his life.He might rekindle the issue that he hated for.

Jekyll & Hyde, I love to see this character portray by Park Se-hyuk.

Guest silver.linda

kona you did it again by stepping ahead in doing this thread good job madam. It is okey with me even he is the second lead star, in the end his outstanding performance will win the award. His character will MARK a big impact to the audience., it didn't happened once, it happened all the

time. That is one thing that SONG IL KOOK differ with the other KOREAN actors, when you watched him on the tube you no longer see SONG IL KOOK the person but the character he is portraying he is always into the character and HE IS AWESOME. as Mr Hummer says, he doesn't do bad drama.

SIKERS let this thread alive and make this no. 1

SONG IL KOOK IS MY LONE KOREAN ACTOR because.......NOBODY DOES IT BETTER THAN SONG IL KOOK

Guest asreh20

Hi.dears. :wub:

=======================>>>HAPPY NEW YEAR<<<=========================

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~******2011*******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so happy.

Dear Sik want to play new drama.I want to make artworks from Homicide.I hope to come soon posters from Homicide.

It's hard to visualize what kind of character SIK is going to portray in this drama, "Homicide".  As far as I can remember, Dr. Jekyll is a good man but he has the evil side on him.  In his subconscious mind, he wants to do bad things and that murderous character manifests when he becomes Mr. Hyde. 

I'm more convinced that he would be more like Clint Eastwood of Dirty Harry here.  A cop who plays with his own rules when it comes to solving crimes and maybe that would become the reason for him to have a clash with KSW, his superior who abides with the rules and probably more systematic in his police works.  He's not really a bad guy but someone like a "vigilante", pursuing criminals without following orders from his superior, or a hot-tempered cop like Mel Gibson of Lethal Weapon.  I want him to have that character instead.  Those  police officers are kind in heart but cruel to enemies.

Speaking of love scenes, I can settle for a more tamed one. I'll cross my fingers, but I'm pretty sure he will have some romantic scenes.  The drama would be boring without it. 

It's hard to visualize what kind of character SIK is going to portray in this drama, "Homicide".  As far as I can remember, Dr. Jekyll is a good man but he has the evil side on him.  In his subconscious mind, he wants to do bad things and that murderous character manifests when he becomes Mr. Hyde. 

Speaking of love scenes, I can settle for a more tamed one. I'll cross my fingers, but I'm pretty sure he will have some romantic scenes.  The drama would be boring without it. 

Ardent, yeap, I agree any drama would need a female character to spice up the screen, especially with Kdrama, there has to be a triangle or quadrangle love.  It's yet to be seen in this detective drama. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some more fan-made poster for the very anticipating drama Homicide:

처음처럼@GeNtLe

5339154087_ebffca8d9b_b.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is very interesting.  Barca17 sent it to me and I can't tell if it's a poster from KBS2, but I like this image of detective Park Seo-Huyk :wub:.

It immediately makes me think of Bruce Willis in Die Hard.

Perhaps Barca17 can shed some light to us. 

Thank You!

5339719884_51ea4c38ef_b.jpg

This was just posted on DramaBeans by girlfriday.

Kim Seung-woo to headline new drama  | KimSeungWoo_SongIlGook.jpg

Woot! I freaking LOVE Kim Seung-woo. Seeing him for three seconds a week on Athena just isn’t cutting it for me. Ye drama gods must be kind, because they sensed our need and put him front and center in a new drama headed our way. The drama is called [강력반] so I’m going with Serious Crime Squad, although a fancier title like Seoul PD: Homicide Investigation Unit or some such might end up being the actual title. You know, I’m just now thinking up a good drinking game involving the naming of cop procedurals…

As you can tell from the title, it’s about a detective unit in the serious crimes division. Kim Seung-woo will be playing the squad’s leader, Bossy McHotterson. Okay, I made that up. But it could TOTALLY be his name. You never know. His character is described as a live-in-his-suit type, who commands trust and has unparalleled verbal skills. He’s described as having a “trustworthy voice.” Hm. I would go with “sexy voice,” but no one asked me.

He’ll be starring opposite Song Il-kook (A Man Called God, Kingdom of the Wind, The Art of Seduction, pictured above) and Park Sun-young (Sons of Sol Pharmacy, Winter Bird, 101st Proposal, below left) who will be detectives on his squad, although not much character information is available yet.

Sunwoo Sun (Will It Snow for Christmas?, Queen of Housewives, While You Were Sleeping, below right) will be playing a team leader who is a cold, by-the-books type. You always gotta have one of those in a cop show. I’m assuming she’ll be the one everyone butts heads with, perhaps sparking some hate-into-love for one of her colleagues?

The drama is garnering interest for its decision to use real-life events as inspiration for the cases. It looks like it’ll take on a nice episodic narrative as the team, each with their own skill set, comes together to solve each week’s mystery. The squad’s motto is: “We have no unsolved cases!” which sounds delightfully upbeat, despite the potentially dark subject matter.

Serious Crime Squad will air Monday-Tuesday on KBS following Dream High, and premieres February 28. That means it’ll go up against SBS’s Midas (which follows Athena). Might be a sneaky way to take Athena‘s audience from that same time slot. Hey, I go where Kim Seung-woo goes.

ParkSunYoung_SunwooSun.jpg

wow very tight rival schedule MIDAS starring Jang Hyuk who got daesang award from chuno it will be interesting..much This drama is penned by the famous writer Choi Wan Gyoo (of Jumong, All In, Love Story In Harvard, and many others)

Ms.ko thank for posting..

Guest Zeeiraqiya

OMG ! IMMMMMM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited ! reallly ! r u going to see him again in such great drama ! OMG IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY :w00t:

KonaBeans and Mskololia1, thanks for all the updates (news, blog articles, fan-made artwork, etc.) on Crime Squad/Homicide. The excitement for this drama is just keep building up!!

===================================

As to one of the leading ladies, Seon woo-seon, although I am not familiar with her and her filmography, I did see her in "Will It Snow For Christmas?" and I remember being impressed by her acting. I don’t usually feel for a woman who is desperately seeking for love and would do just about anything and everything to get the man she wants, but Seon woo-seon did via her performance in "Will It Snow For Christmas?".

From some of the rough Chinese translation I have read on the casting, Jin Mi-suk played by Seon woo-seon, mastered in Ttaekwondo (level 4), is a dedicated and charismatic team captain. Although extremely level headed (somewhat a by the book type of person), she works hard to get the criminals and she will gradually discover her inner passion as she gets to know her team members better and begin to feel for their struggles. The relationship between Jin Mi-suk and Park Se-hyuk is not yet fully developed, but I can already envision some sparks between these two due to the different personalities and backgrounds.

By the way, talking about ill-conceived plot, I don’t think I have even seen any Korean dramas as badly written as “Will It Snow For Christmas?”. I finished watching it only because I wanted to know how bad it could be… and it was/is bad, period.

Like most viewers, I also love to see some romantic scenes and I would expect/demand to see a lot if a drama is supposed to be a “Romance” or “Romantic Comedy”. However, a drama, like Crime Squad/Homicide, is categorized as Action/Drama, then I would hope the production team will focus on getting the high-level action and dramatic plot done right first. If it is done right, it should not be boring. If there is room for further development, and if the romance between certain characters can be introduced properly and naturally without causing distraction from the main plot and confusion on the audience’s awareness, then I am all for it.

On that note, Jin Mi-suk and Park Se-hyuk, kindred spirit or love perhaps?

As we are all pondering the kind of character Park Se-Hyuk is going to be: Bruce Willis in Die Hard, Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapons (I hope not, as I am not so fond of that character, nor the movies), Clint Eastwood (no offence to others, but please let it not, as I am not a fan of that kind of self-righteous tough ranger in the western movies), some sort of a rendition of Jekyll and Hyde, a little bit or none of the ones mentioned - I am hoping for a “Song Il Kook” kind of Park Se-Hyuk who is original, passionate, committed, magnetic and above all, classy and classic, humane and yet divine.

Archived