[Drama 2011] Crime Squad / Detectives in Trouble 강력반

KonaBeans

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showing great professionalism, Song Il Kook is committed to transforming into a hot-tempered detective

Source: Koreastardaily, Jan 21, 2011

Translation: MLU12

In the KBS 2TV upcoming drama Crime Squad/Homicide, Song Il Kook will play Detective Park Se-hyuk who, although gentle at heart, will tend to act rather recklessly when trying to solve cases.

Mr. Song has been spending a lot of time studying the character after he auditioned and successfully got the part. In order to get into the mindset of Park Se-hyuk, Mr. Song has frequent discussions with the director and the writer, and he requested a lot of relevant materials from several real-life crime fighters for further exploration. Mr. Song no doubt is totally committed to becoming Detective Park.

Mr. Song said, “In order to get into the character, I am learning to carry out Park Se-hyuk’s tone of speech and pattern of behavior in my everyday life, outside of filming! I have been reading a lot of crime fictions and received a great deal of input from some truly experienced detectives. Reading all kinds of crime solving stories really helped me move towards becoming Detective Park Se-hyuk. If you, the audience, can see Park Se-hyuk as a real person - so real that he is just like someone you may have run into in your life, then I think I did my job and I won’t be worried even if the drama turns out to be a flop.”

1911p.jpg

Credit: GeNtLe

Note: I am not 100% certain about the very last part of his statement (underlined) as the Chinese translation doesn’t make sense to me (maybe my Chinese is not as good as I thought after all….), so 40% of it is my interpretation.

Thanks mlu12 for keeping us well informed.  Well, I'm looking forward to seeing how they actually shoot this drama along with seeing the clothing that will be worn. 

I realize that the broadcasting networks need to generate revenues, but I hope they keep the actors' attires stylish, yet low key [unless there is a date btw characters so they can go fancy] along with keeping the actors warm during the freezing weather. :)

This is becoming a pet peeve of mine I'm realizing....I keep thinking, why doesn't [insert character's name here] have on any gloves or a winter coat or jacket? 

Thank you mlu 5169527409_c37cb911e6_o.gif.  We're frustrated with Mr. Google but have no other choices.  It's the best we can do next to human translation.   37 days to go.  News and pictures certainly build up the anticipation for Crime Squad.

MsKo, since it's a modern drama, I believe actors and actresses are allowed to wear jacket during outdoor filming.  I know what you mean by keeping warm as we've seen in sageuk dramas, most actresses only have a thin robe on them, while actors are luckier with heavy armors.  Going back to AMCG, we can recall Choi Kang Hee and Bo Bae always have some jacket on, although they're not fancy.  We can't expect Park Se-Hyuk to dress like Michael King.  I know SIK looks really good in Kolon's sportwears and I'm wondering if he's endorsing another clothesline in Crime Squad.  Well, no matter what he wears, I think he'll still look gorgeous.

5374971896_49bbbf1e52_b.jpg

Kona, I'm going to start using your smileys because they are adorable.

I realize that some dramas are making a fashion statement and highlighting some designer or whatever, but I'd rather see that the actor's health  is important in the production too.  Fashion aside, stay safe.  Officers can still run with a jacket  on or take photos with mittens that have removable tips.  So you want to accessorize and show off this item or that, but put the actors well being first because it's freezing outside....Think of what winter items to merchandize and put on display by having them wear those. :tears:

Ooooohh, I didn't realize Song Jihyo has been cast as well!! Yesh! This is like awesome actors convention!

I love pretty much everybody in the drama and coincidentally it's been a while since I saw the actors in their perspective projects. I can't wait to see everybody!

I think it's alright for the actors/actresses to wear the kind of clothes that will fit the current weather of the shooting.  Since this is a police story based on real life, then they should be realistic.  If it's cold, wear thick jackets, caps/bonnets or mittens.  Whichever is comfortable to them.  In reality, police officers do that. Even in  Hollywood movies, cops wear jackets over their uniforms.  If the producers can not provide that, the actors themselves can bring their own attires if they want to.  They do not need to be fashionable or be of a famous brand.

Guest charmy19_23

I agree with you ardent dear, Mr. Song always look good whatever get-up he wore he really carries it elegantly and he look handsome and manly, whether he in Saeguk or in modern time

drama. I like him in a simple T-shirt like he wore in Lobbyist when he was on time of the tank and full of grease,his rugged look in KOTW especially when he wore his "BANDANA" he look so young

he can really transform to the person he played. What ever he wore he is the ultimate GOOD LOOKING MAN on this earth, or maybe not wearing at all, what do you think Ardent? LOL

I agree with you ardent dear, Mr. Song always look good whatever get-up he wore he really carries it elegantly and he look handsome and manly, whether he in Saeguk or in modern time

drama. I like him in a simple T-shirt like he wore in Lobbyist when he was on time of the tank and full of grease,his rugged look in KOTW especially when he wore his "BANDANA" he look so young

he can really transform to the person he played.  What ever he wore he is the ultimate GOOD LOOKING MAN on this earth, or maybe not wearing at all, what do you think Ardent?  LOL

Absolutely true.  IDOL, being a professional model looks gorgeous in any attire.  Much more when he is not wearing one.  Got it?  Kekeke.

Kidding aside, it's how he carries himself that makes him look good in all kinds of clothes he wear.  His height and built is almost perfect.

Guest scorpyon_giana

Charmy19 , Ardently, you are absolutely right, no matter what he wears , he always looks fantastic, but especially now, that he is not very thin(AMCG), or very fat (after Jumong). I blieve that this is the weight which is  best for him , and this reflects very much in the way that clothes look on him.

Mlu12, thanke you for the information. I've read something about people's criticism towards SIG, in AMCG, but I never knew it affected him so much, it seems almost like a trauma to him........... :unsure:, I believe that he put lots of effort into that drama, lost a lot of weight, prepaired so much and after all, turned out to be not a failure, but a big dissapointment to some people. I wish him the best, cause he is a great actor, very accomplished ( like british people would say), , not just a "perfect model which lacks acting skills", like he described himself in an interview. I would really like him to stop feeling fear for the next project, because he dosen't have any reason to fear................Crime squade has great cast, great actors, strong plot, interesting subjects, mistery.................if the thinks work well with Homicide division, maybe he will forget about AMCG.

Guest scorpyon_giana

Kim Joon come back to drama Crime squad

24gsmbn.jpg

'Boys Over Flower' Kim Jun joins KBS 2TV drama named .. as main role.

Kim Jun, who is an actor/singer earns 'Shin Dong-jin' role in drama after Song Il-gook, Kim Seung-woo, Song Ji-hyo, Sun woo-sun, Park Sun-yung.

And He will have love triangle.

Kim Jun's role, 'Shin Dong-jin' is very fashionable and has perfect visual who can change the police stating to runaway.

Also 'Shin Dong-jin' has razor-sharp mind with rich background.

But He is timid by nature and fate by habit when he sees dead bodies.

On drama, 'Shin Dong-jin' is unexpectabe and distinctive character.

'Shin Dong-jin' became a detective to resist his father and started this job by curiosity.

He has a crush on Jo Min-joo(starring Song Ji-hyo) and will be in a love triangle with Se-hyuk (starring Song Il-gook).

After Kim Jun got spotlight on .. in 2009, he can be the last F4 member who come back to drama in Korea in 2 years except for .. on BeeTV in Japan.Kim Jun expressed "There're proposals from various dramas after .., and some roles were very interesting.

But I needed to time to reinforce myself because I think I start acting without enough perperation."

and "When I knew the synopsis and script, I liked the detective characters with changeable and humanity attractive.

I decided this drama without hesitation because I can have a chance to act with many actors who are as great.

I will try to be perfect "Shin Dong-jin" at this jolly, exciting and humanity good drama."

Btw this Crime drama, .. will show various detective characters and their special know-how to solve serious crimes.

This drama will air on Feb. 28th next to ...Dream High

Mlu12, you were right, actually you are always right, promise to never doubt of the chineese info ever again:blush:

'Boys Over Flower' Kim Jun joins KBS 2TV drama named .. as main role.

Kim Jun, who is an actor/singer earns 'Shin Dong-jin' role in drama after Song Il-gook, Kim Seung-woo, Song Ji-hyo, Sun woo-sun, Park Sun-yung.

And He will have love triangle.

Kim Jun's role, 'Shin Dong-jin' is very fashionable and has perfect visual who can change the police stating to runaway.

Also 'Shin Dong-jin' has razor-sharp mind with rich background.

But He is timid by nature and fate by habit when he sees dead bodies.

On drama, 'Shin Dong-jin' is unexpectabe and distinctive character.

'Shin Dong-jin' became a detective to resist his father and started this job by curiosity.

He has a crush on Jo Min-joo(starring Song Ji-hyo) and will be in a love triangle with Se-hyuk (starring Song Il-gook).

After Kim Jun got spotlight on .. in 2009, he can be the last F4 member who come back to drama in Korea in 2 years except for .. on BeeTV in Japan.Kim Jun expressed "There're proposals from various dramas after .., and some roles were very interesting.

But I needed to time to reinforce myself because I think I start acting without enough perperation."

and "When I knew the synopsis and script, I liked the detective characters with changeable and humanity attractive.

I decided this drama without hesitation because I can have a chance to act with many actors who are as great.

I will try to be perfect "Shin Dong-jin" at this jolly, exciting and humanity good drama."

Btw this Crime drama, .. will show various detective characters and their special know-how to solve serious crimes.

This drama will air on Feb. 28th next to ...Dream High

Mlu12, you were right, actually you are always right, promise to never doubt of the chineese info ever again:blush:

Kim Jun looks perfectly fit for his role, with his slim and frail body.  I don't think I'm gonna hate this "pretty boy" being a rival of Park Se-Hyuk.  Probably they'll end up as true friends at the end of the drama.  It's not fair for him to be a villain and is not a perfect match against IDOL.  But I don't want to think it would be Kim Seung Woo, either.  By the way, there's no much news about this guy, KSW.  No photo releases, too.  I don't want to speculate that something odd is happening..

GIANA, I never doubted MLU12 and everyone on any news they translated and posted in soompi.  We have responsible and matured people here who know what they are doing and the consequences of their actions. Besides, they put their sources and we can always verify the truth in the reports, when in doubt.  In my case, I just trust what they write and savor the contents.  Their concerted efforts in providing us the latest related news to continously arouse our interest in this drama, Crime Squad, and to make this thread/forum alive are a great feat.  I'm very grateful to them and really appreciated what they are doing for the sake of SIK and all his fans.

Hot off the press (again), the first photos from the first day of filming on Jan. 22, 2011

201101240803571111_1.jpg

Mr. Song looks so young in these photos, just like he was in the early episodes of Lobbyist??!! Amazing!!!!

=============================

Mlu12, you were right, actually you are always right, promise to never doubt of the chineese info ever again:blush:

scorpyon_giana et al, I am glad that the sources from where I based my translations did their job right. On the other hand, I am not surprised by the accuracy as Korean dramas are very popular among Chinese viewers; therefore, Chinese news media follow very closely on the progress of most Korean dramas out there. In addition to Song Il Kook, the other members on the cast are also very well-known and well-liked; so I am certain the coverage will continue coming out from the Chinese community, and I will try my best to keep you all informed.

Hot off the press (again), the first photos from the first day of filming on Jan. 22, 2011

Mr. Song looks so young in these photos, just like he was in the early episodes of Lobbyist??!! Amazing!!!!

=============================

scorpyon_giana et al, I am glad that the sources from where I based my translations did their job right. On the other hand, I am not surprised by the accuracy as Korean dramas are very popular among Chinese viewers; therefore, Chinese news media follow very closely on the progress of most Korean dramas out there. In addition to Song Il Kook, the other members on the cast are also very well-known and well-liked; so I am certain the coverage will continue coming out from the Chinese community, and I will try my best to keep you all informed.

Thank you Mlu12a and the rest of Chinese friend...

I know your working hard Mlu12,being from East Coast time is different so if they post early @ 12 midnight you won't be able to translate as your body need to sleep and rest,we are giving you d hard work and need not to complain...Two thumbs up Maggie..

A summary to the first day of filming for Crime Squad/Homicide, with the English translation (by MLU12) based on the news and photos released by Koreastardaily.com.

44831-62385.jpg

44832-67825.jpg

44835-71144.jpg

The filming for Crime Squad/Homicide has officially started on January 22, 2011. Actor Song Il Kook who will play the lead role, Detective Park Se-hyuk, along with other members of the cast, was there on the scene. This marked the debut of a very genuine and very humane Detective Park.

Appearing tense and a bit restless, Mr. Song examined and re-examined every single shot carefully. He had numerous discussions with the directors for ways to improve, while he effortless got a great working relationship with the crew going already. Although it was cold at the filming location, the amazing connection coupled with the enormous enthusiasm from the cast and crew has created a warm feeling throughout the day, resulted in a rather successful day of work.

Mr. Song said “I couldn’t sleep well last night (the night before the first day of filming) as I was very anxious by the great pressure of playing Park Se-hyuk. I was also troubled by the fact that we would run into some snow for our first day. However, the atmosphere at the location was so fantastic, and we had Ji-hyo (Song Ji-hyo) assert us that having a snowy day was a good omen for the first day of filming. Well, I am not sure if she was right about the auspicious snow, but everything did go very smoothly. Today turned out to be a great first step for us. I promise I will try my very best to bring you a seemingly fierce but absolutely compassionate Detective Park Se-hyuk.”

Guest scorpyon_giana

Ohhh, Mlu12, thanke you so much for the photos and info, how nice of Ji Hyo to say that to SIG, she made my day happier, surely it's a good sign the snow , i don't doubt it at all...............he really looks very young and nice with the curly hair, even if Kim Joon looks very fresh due to his age (even younger than Song Ji Hyo), he cannot compete with "my pretty boy". Oh and SIG is really stressed with this new project.............i don't see the point , i am sure everything will work just fine.:phew:

Guest silver.linda

is there a video preview on the first day of shooting of Crime Squad?

even in the you tube?

he really look young on the picture, so cute who says his going 40ish this year, he really so yummmmy.....

am I right ladies?

we have to see more of the shooting pictures please. I'm really so excited to see him in action again

he really look young on the picture, so cute who says his going 40ish this year, he really so yummmmy.....

am I right ladies?

we have to see more of the shooting pictures please.  I'm really so excited to see him in action again

Yeah, LINDA.  So deliciously yummy! :wub:He's a master of disguise.  Can be a "pretty boy", a macho man, a warrior and a king, etc.  Name it and he still looks good and credible.  Seeing him that young, widens the age gap between us, huhuhu.:tears: Actually, I prefer to see him in his true age, the fully matured Song Il Kook. :)

========================================================================================================

Another wonderful translations, MLU12.  Thank you for your untiring efforts to share these news to us.  You've been doing a lot of work but I know that you like SIK and you are also happy with what you are doing.  A million thanks to you.:wub:

Mr. Song shouldn't be worried too much.  Comparing to the sageuk roles such as Jumong or Muhyul, this should be fairly easily.  We always love and support you.

Mlu, thank you and please keep the news going 4838347466_1074e08cd8_o.gif.  The anticipating is running HIGH !!!

5383467444_f3992e57a2_b.jpg

Thanks Kona for the Crime Squad/Homicide personnel images and prints...We need or at least having one for each character would be nice as this is a drama thread and not an idol thread.  blush.gif

Can you post these new character images that were created on the 1st page of the thread too?  The image of him is so cool almost 007-ish. 

CSH fighting!

Archived