[Drama 2011] Crime Squad / Detectives in Trouble 강력반

KonaBeans

Lineup of Korean Dramas for the 1st Half of 2011

Mon-Tues Series:  Solid Scrips, Star Actors

2011011221425814907_2.jpg

Jang Hyuk (left) who will star in SBS series "Midas" (left) & Chun Jung-myung in MBC series "Jiakpae"

After current spy thriller "Athena" ends its run, “Midas” will go on air starting February 21. The drama is about a man named Kim Do-hyun (played by Jang Hyuk), an ambitious graduate from the Judicial Research & Training Institute, who comes to live a corruptedly after becoming outwitted by a brilliant business women named Yoo In-hye (Kim Hee-ae), also known as “Hands of Midas.”

5325344098_5e0d87a703.jpg

The drama that will follow after KBS’ “Dream High” will be a detective series which title can be translated into “Organized Crime Division” slated to premiere February 28. The drama set in the crime division of Gangnam Police Station seeks to bring out the reality of Korean cops who are "usually looked down for their so-called 'out-dated' investigation methods which but, at the same time, investigate most realistically," explained the show's director Kwon Kye-hong. Actor Song Il-kook will lead the story as a hot-tempered detective whose fist speaks faster than his words, while actors Kim Seung-woo and Sun Woo-sun will also appear as detectives of the same division.

MBC is set to air its new series “Jiakpae” (translated as “mate”) on February 7, immediately after “Queen of Reversals” wraps up. The script will be written by Kim Un-kyung who is particularly talented at describing both humanism and the sentiment of low class people as shown by her past series “Moon of Seoul” (MBC, 1994) and “There Is A Blue Bird” (KBS, 1997). Actor Chun Jung-myung and Lee Sang-yoon have been cast as two men who got switched at birth in the story set in Joseon era (1392- 1910).

Unlike the aforementioned stories, "Paradise Ranch," set to show starting January 24 in SBS’ 9 o’clock time slot after ongoing series “I’m Okay, Daddy,” will be a relatively cheerful story dealing with young lovers. Starring Lee Da-ji (Lee Yeon-hee) and Han Dong-joo (Max Changmin from TVXQ), "Paradise Ranch" is about a young couple who divorced each other six months after their marriage only to see their paths cross each other once again at a ranch in Jeju Island, six years later. The drama wrapped up filming last summer. Director Kim Chul-gyu said that although both actors may seem a little stiff in their acting during the first couple of episodes since Lee has yet to accumulate enough acting experience and Changmin is acting for the first time, "they will increasingly look adorable since they become more comfortable with their roles as the story develops."

Wed-Thurs series: Fantasy, comic book heroes

2011011221491825801_3.jpg

Eric (left) who will star in SBS series "Poseidon" and Lee Min-ho in MBC series "City Hunter"

Following SBS drama “Sign” are “49 Days” (tentative title) and “City Hunter” scheduled to go on air in March and May, respectively. The two dramas offer a chance to once again encounter the latest work by script writer Soh Hyun-gyung and director Jin Hyuk who worked together well in former primetime series “Princess Prosecutor” (SBS, 2010). “49 Days” is a fantasy romance about a soul of a woman Shin Ji-hyeon (Nam Kyu-ri) who falls into coma due to an unexpected car accident and borrows the body of Song Yi-gyeong (Lee Yo-won) instead, to collect tears of three people which will be the key to her return back to the mortal world. “The story began with a simple question, how many people will cry for me when I die?” said director Cho Young-gwang who will head the drama. “As this is the very first fantasy being done by writer Soh who is more known for her detailed portrayal of real life, the new drama will probably be good reflection of reality as well, but under a highly unusual situation.”

“City Hunter” based on hit Japanese manga of the same title by cartoonist Tuskasa Hojo, attracted much anticipation for casting star actor Lee Min-ho to play the main lead Kang Jin, a man hiding pain from his past as he takes care of various cases in the city.

Other follow-ups for SBS drama is “Poseidon” set to go on air within the first half of 2011 under the direction of director Yoo Chul-yong known for other SBS blockbusters such as “All In” (SBS, 2003) and “Swallow The Sun” (SBS, 2009). The story about Korea Coast Guard will star Eric who was discharged from his two-year mandatory military service last winter as well as other actors: Kim Kang-woo, Kim Ok-vin and U-Know Yunho from TVXQ.

Weekend series that will pique your curiosity and experimental single-episode dramas

2011011221491825801_4.jpg

Upcoming dramas: SBS "New Gisaeng Story" (translated title) and MBC's "Twinkle Twinkle" (tentative title)

A new SBS series titled “New Gisaeng Story” (translated title) will kick off on January 22 after its predecessor “Secret Garden” which created the 'Kim Ju-won Syndrome' every weekend. The new drama will be led by director Son Mun-gwon and script writer Lim Seong-han who are husband and wife and have already collaborated in several weekday series such as “Love In Heaven” (SBS, 2005) and “Opposites Attract” (MBC, 2007). The story takes off based on the presumption that“Gisaeng” women -- the Korean equivalent of courtesans equipped with wide knowledge in poetry, culture and even politics enough to converse with high officials of the old Joseon Dynasty -- continue to exist in modern day Korea. Main characters for the drama include newcomer actresses Lim Soo-hyang, Kim Hye-sun and Baek Ok-dam.

MBC’s new weekend series of the same timeslot that will succeed “Gloria” is “Twinkle Twinkle,” a light, cheerful and heart-warming family drama scheduled for February 12. The story looks into the true meaning of family through the life of Han Jeong-won (Kim Hyun-joo) and Hwang Geum-ran (Lee Yu-ri) who get switched at birth by mistake in the hospital. The drama will also be a debuting stage for Park Yu-hwan, brother to JYJ singer Park Yuchun, who has made a successful debut as an actor through KBS drama “SungKyunKwan Scandal." The young Park will appear as the uncle to Kim Hyun-joo's character and half-brother to middle-aged veteran actor Jang Yong who, according to the script, is 50 years older than him, becoming a talk of the town for the highly unusual circumstances he is put in. “It won’t be easy to find a role model for this character but I decided to cast him because he has a great look and voice,” explained director Noh Do-chul.

Finally for single-episode dramas, KBS, that has been keeping up the tradition of particular genre will begin to air eight-part series “Monster” starting January 30, right after four-part series “Special Force MSS” (translated title) completes its run. A thriller about eight students from Korean Minjok Leadership Academy who receive same letters, is written by Park Yeon-sun who, also gains much anticipation for her previous hits “Alone In Love” (SBS, 2006) and “Evasive Inquiry Agency“ (KBS, 2007).

Reporter : Lee Ga-on

Editor : Heidi Kim heidikim@, Lee Ji-Hye seven@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.k...011221554627880

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, can we not translate the Crime Squad/Homicide drama title to OCD???:o Unless the PD is trying to tell the audience sth.

The 8-part mini piques my interest....

EDIT

What about Thorn Bush Bird in the 2011 lineup of early dramas?  That one starts 2/23/11 Wed-Thurs. blush.gif

Im sooooo exciting to watch this drama ! and wish to see soild performance as we have SOLID STARRING ! Yes im totally agree with u ardently ... i wanna see a reallllll reporter and dont wanna watch an other version of jin bobae!!! as if SJH character would be like that thats mean it would never be in my favorite actress top list ! I WANNA A STROOOOONNNGEE SMAAARRRRT GIRL ! :w00t:

Wow I found myself laughing alone kekekee....I don't think it's like a bobae reporter again for it's weird in this serious type of crime drama...Please not..

Scorpyon_giana your seem enjoying the thread now so stay with us and be thrilled again with SJH and SIK team up....

I just can't imagine a fight for love between Park and Shin can be convincing - a man vs. a boy, not a fair game either way!!! It is just wacky, in my opinion, anyway.

Same idea mlu12 hope it's not a childish way like Boxer lead by kim bum and Jo jin mo

it should be realistic, not that type of bot who scream and cry running for the lady...so weird..

ardently there's no stopping for SJH here so what are your thinking this time...kekeke

I'm curious of PSY character as well first wife of Mr.Park? oh she seems smart and fearful to be enemy of Cho min joo...

Wow I found myself laughing alone kekekee....I don't think it's like a bobae reporter again for it's weird in this serious type of crime drama...Please not..

Agreed about that particular typecasting need not appear in this drama, but if Cho Min-Joo has one incident whereby she is saved by Park Se-Hyuk, I will scream....If there are two, idk because I did not care for the JB character-------------------------------------at all.  dry.gif

Guest scorpyon_giana

Kish_agnes- Yes, I am enjoing the thread a lot , I never knew about this forum until one week ago, when I watched some videos from Meyale and Empress4124 , and I found out that here,  is the best place to find "fresh information" about my favourite koreean actors. I am happy that now I am "one of you" and I hope someday very soon , I will celebrate my 100th post................

Source: Kdrama(an on-line Chinese forum for all things about Korean Drama) and other Chinese media

Translation: MLU12

High octane line reading at Crime Squad/Homicide’s rehearsal

The cast for KBS2 upcoming Mon/Tue drama, Crime Squad/Homicide, met last week for the first research.

2011011835132247.jpg

Actor Song Il Kook appeared in a casual look with a black jacket to rehearse for the leading role, Park Se-hyuk who, with a traumatic past, is rough around the edges but gentle at heart. One can already see Park Se-hyuk come to live brilliantly through Mr. Song’s convincing voice acting by carrying out the lines!!

In a rather sober demeanor mixed with occasional giggles, actress Song Ji-Hyo immediately became the focus at the rehearsal room. Her joining the cast of Crime Squad/Homicide will mark her comeback for TV drama after 4 years since Jumong.

Song Ji Hyo will play an Internet news correspondent Cho min-joo who will be working on cases alongside Park Se-hyuk. Without any makeup, Song Ji-hyo, although with a bright smile on her face most of the time, could not help back her eagerness and intensity as she read the words written for her character.

In addition to Song Il Kook and Song Ji-hyo, most of the cast members also participated in this line reading practice, including Kim Jun, Seong Ji-roo and Seon woo-seon. It resembled the live filming as everyone was fully playing out his/her role, even the breathing was going up and down/fast and slow following the rigorous flow depicted in the plot.

This is also a TV drama return for actor Kim Jun (Boys Before Flowers), the youngest cast member of Crime Squad/Homicide. He always impresses the crew with his exuberant personality. During this dry run, he was quite charming while showing off his serious side as he focused on delivering Shin Dong-jin’s (Kim’s character) lines.

It was reportedly said that the cast members got together after the rehearsal for a meal. They talked about the plot and characters, exchanged ideas and generated consensus as to how they would like to move forward with the filming. The atmosphere was very lively.

2011011854077117.jpg

2011011854361616.jpg

The representative from the production company of Crime Squad/Homicide stated, “Crime Squad/Homicide is a traditional crime investigation drama, with non-stop intriguing suspense that keeps audiences guessing, and rapid moving plot that keeps viewers on their toes. The intensity has been heightened with all cast members 100% into his/her position in this script reading rehearsal. This seemingly well connected and well oiled cast has brought a great start prior the actual filming. The expectation is running high!!”

Crime Squad/Homicide, scheduled to air on Feb. 28, outlines the various stories in which detectives with strong personalities work their way through crimes, solving them with different investigative methods and accrued knowledge. Realistic, dynamic and absolutely electrifying!!

The representative from the production company of Crime Squad/Homicide stated, “Crime Squad/Homicide is a traditional crime investigation drama, with non-stop intriguing suspense that keeps audiences guessing, and rapid moving plot that keeps viewers on their toes. The intensity has been heightened with all cast members 100% into his/her position in this script reading rehearsal. This seemingly well connected and well oiled cast has brought a great start prior the actual filming. The expectation is running high!!”

Crime Squad/Homicide, scheduled to air on Feb. 28, outlines the various stories in which detectives with strong personalities work their way through crimes, solving them with different investigative methods and accrued knowledge. Realistic, dynamic and absolutely electrifying!!

I love what I read here.... Thanks mlu12 for the drama updates.

I think IT boy will be a heartwarmingly odd character and I hope the actor nails his role with the help from others who will take time with him to show him the ropes.   All for one...

Guest marinai

I kinda wait for this drama to begin...I mean I love, love Song Ji Hyo and I think that she's a wonderful actress,and in a Frozen Flower she was great as the queen!!! but when I read on dramabeans the news about the drama I kinda hoped that SWSeon would have been the main lead girl, she's just an amazing actress, for once I did not wanted to see her as the second lead woman !

But bring it on drama...I'll look for you! A lot of good dramas this year!

Guest scorpyon_giana

mlu12, thanke you so much for the information, i am happy that the first rehearsal went really well , and i am glad i read something about SIG and SJH , anyway it seems that they "row in the same boat", even having a lucnh all together..............

For me , it seems like this drama is the korean version of CRIMINAL MINDS. I hope so , cause this moovie is really good

I love what I read here.... Thanks mlu12 for the drama updates.

I think IT boy will be a heartwarmingly odd character and I hope the actor nails his role with the help from others who will take time with him to show him the ropes. All for one...

Strangely, I have the same optimism towards Shin Dong-jin, the IT boy per mskololia1, as he will turn out to be a loveable character. Although I still think that a love fight between Park and Shin to win Cho Min-joo’s heart is a stretch for me, I could also see Shin go from hating Park to respecting and adoring Park. As Shin gets to know Park, he will accept Park to be his knowledgeable teacher and great friend. Frankly, I have a higher hope for this relationship/friendship between two guys than any other romantic relationships mentioned so far.

===========================

As I was doing the translation for the first rehearsal, I wondered why there was no mentioning (no photos either) of Kim Seung Woo. Then, I ran into this post.

Source: allkpop

The cast of “Homicide Division” completes their first script-reading

by VITALSIGN on January 18, 2011 at 4:04 pm

The cast of KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama, “Homicide Division“, got together for the first time in order to complete their script-reading.

According to information revealed by a representative on January 18th, Song Il Kook, Kim Seung Woo, Sun Woo Sun, Song Ji Hyo, and Kim Joon arrived on location in comfortable attire, and they each took turns expressing their unique characters.

They all revealed that they couldn’t contain their excitement over their new roles, and made sure to have fun with their first script-reading. The maknae of the team, Kim Joon, focused especially hard, as “Homicide Division” marks his first drama project in a long while.

Source: Star News via Nate

===========================

OK, so perhaps Kim Seung Woo was there at the rehearsal. But still, there is nothing for Park Seon-yeong, no character description and no appearance. Is she still in or not??!!

Mlu, thanks so much for the translation and non-stop updates on the very anticipating drama Crime Squad / (Serious) Homicide (Division).  You're awesome 4960342405_0e96d997d6_o.gif.

Okay, I can feel it in the air that everyone is eagering and having high expectation for an exciting Korean version of Law & Order with their favorite stars.

I guess I'm an old fashion and conservative girl who doesn't want my SIK to play love-interest again with Song Ji Hyo, but it's out of our control.  Talking about the same couple playing love interest in more than one drama, I now remember Tom Hank and Meg Ryan.  Due to their popularity in Sleepless in Seattle, they came back together in You've Got Mail.  And I love them in both.  So I guess it's OK for the Songs to be together again, and I hope this time SJH will change my perspective about her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source:  GeNtLe

5367503693_f04f9a2a7e_b.jpg

Guest happipplrock

GASP! now that I see that Song Ji Hyo will be in it I'm sooo watching!

I hope she is going to have a significant role in here since there are quite a few actresses already.

I like the fact that it is crime theme drama. recently i've been watching too many romance dramas.

ardently there's no stopping for SJH here so what are your thinking this time...kekeke

KISH, don't get me wrong.  I'm also happy for SJH and for all her fans.  I don't have anything against her.  When I said I didn't like the character of "Yesoya", my comments didn't hold true with the actress herself.  She only acted according to the script and just did as what was told.  As I said, this is her moment and we can stay on the same side, depending on what kind of character again she is going to portray.

Seriously, I think a love triangle between SIK, SJH and Kim Jun, is rather odd.  I don't like the idea of SJH being the center of affection between SIK and KJ and seeing IDOL chasing the female lead like he did in EOTS, Bodyguard and Lobbyist.  It would be more exciting to see him being loved by two or more women like in Jumong and AMCG.  Besides, as far as I know, he is the main actor in this drama, so it's just right for him to be the focus of attention here. Also, the thought of him competing for SJH love with a young, pretty boy, makes me sick.  If it's really inevitable that SJH would have to be wooed by two men, then KSW would be SIK's perfect match.  Just my opinion.

I really like the plot realistic investigative drama on the screen,The two actress PSY and SSW makes me curious on how the character revolve on the two mean lead actor.

I'm expecting PSY to be cruel to Mr.Park she seems effective for that role...

KISH, don't get me wrong. I'm also happy for SJH and for all her fans. I don't have anything against her. When I said I didn't like the character of "Yesoya", my comments didn't hold true with the actress herself. She only acted according to the script and just did as what was told. As I said, this is her moment and we can stay on the same side, depending on what kind of character again she is going to portray.

Yes,I know ardently for sure..What I'm referring for if we could be on the same boat or not this time..

Let's move on for crime squad, I'm expecting mother dragon appear as cameo and a lot of exciting investigative event that never seen in other Hollywood drama..much more a very original drama that everyone can relate...Fighting for oppa and the rest of the team...

Mlu12 you are so fast for the translation thank you so much...we need you badly.

Mlu12, thanke you so much for the translation, it must be hard .......................chinese :unsure:

scorpyon_giana, I don’t mean to brag at all, however, the translation (although may lack some fluency from time to time) is not hard at all as I am fluent in Chinese. The hard part is to find the right/creditable sources and to have the time to do the work. I am on a break from my work project, so am having some free time to do some fun stuff like translating articles about Song Il Kook and his upcoming drama Crime Squad/Homicide.

=======================================

And fans of Kim Jun and mskololia1, this bit of information on Shin Dong-jin is for you. Some Chinese news has a bit more description regarding this character.

44365-61666.jpg

Credit: koreastardaily

Coming from a wealthy family, Shin Dong-jin is a computer wizard, extremely intelligent and absolutely resourceful when it comes to cyber crime investigation. Out of curiosity but more of a mean to defy his father’s authority and dictatorship over his own life, Shin decided to try out “cop” work. However, being homophobic and necrophobic, Shin is faced with constant humiliation. His unpredictable personality makes him the “problem child” on the team.

During an interview, Kim Jun mentioned that “Due to the success of Boys Before Flowers, I have been approached with several potentially great roles, but I wasn’t ready to return to TV drama, until now with Crime Squad/Homicide. I immediately was intrigued by the characteristics of Shin Dong-jin, and I got so excited by the distinctiveness of other roles and the relationships among them. The opportunity to improve and sharpen my acting skill by working with so many seniors/experienced actors/actresses casted for this drama is just too great to pass on, so I jumped to it at the first chance I had….This drama is promised to be so enticing, so exhilarating and full of countless captivating individuals. I shall try my best to make the one and only Shin Dong-jin come to life!!”

Something else from the Chinese news regarding a love triangle which I thought was just weird.

Shin Dong-jin (Kim Jun) will run into Cho Min-joo (Song Ji-hyo) while working on a case, and he falls in love with her - that means a love triangle among Park Se-hyuk (by Song Il Kook), Cho Min-joo and Shin Dong-jin!! Uh..............

I just can't imagine a fight for love between Park and Shin can be convincing - a man vs. a boy, not a fair game either way!!! It is just wacky, in my opinion, anyway.

Mlu, I'm really hoping it won't be the case.  I agree it's too weird to have a "Boy Over Flower" as love rival with "Jumong".   I've noticed recently in KDramas there is quite a few older woman / younger man love interest.  To name a few, the current popular "Secret Garden" with Han Ji Won and Huyn Bin, she's obviously older than him.  "King of Baking", and also "I Am Legend".    Is it the trend or what?   I never knew there were so much K-Drama news in Chinese.  We're so glad you're having the time and the talent to keep us informed.  Just like Kish, we need you badly. 

I love the description of Kim Joon's character here. He really does fit the profile of a rich kid, huh? Hehe. The role sounds comedic... but I'm sure there will be some dramatic/action moments since this is a police drama.

I'm open to that angle of him being involved with Song Ji-hyo's character. Hey, perhaps he can make it work. ^_^ Although it's never easy to be up against SIK.

I am starting to have a bad feeling with this drama, Homicide/Crime Squad.  Including KJ in the cast is a plus factor to draw young audiences.  But for him to be entangled in a love triangle between SIK and SJH, I think, would only spark mixed emotions and confusion among the viewers.  It's obvious SJH would end up in SIK's arms and that would left KJ a broken-hearted guy. There could be two scenarios here.  Either KJ becomes a bad boy doing evil deeds to destroy his rival, SIK, or just be a silent, distant lover of SJH accepting his bitter fate.  In any case, I hope SIK would not emerge as a villain here, hurting the feelings of this "young and pretty" boy and pushing him to his limits. 

Haay, can't they just look for another love interest for SIK and just leave SJH to KJ?:tears:

Archived