[Drama 2011] Crime Squad / Detectives in Trouble 강력반

KonaBeans

The cast for supporting roles has just been released today. Based on the rough translation, here is some preliminary information.

hi mlu12, thanks for the rough translation.

And congrats to your 100th post on Soompi!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's more casting news.

Kim Joon cast as a cop in new drama | January 15, 2011 | dramabeans

kimjoon_49.jpg

T-Max rapper and newbie actor Kim Joon (whom you may recall as the “Yo-yo-yo!” bro from Boys Before Flowers) is joining the cast of Serious Crime Squad, the cop drama starring Kim Seung-woo and Song Il-kook. With such big names at the top, I’m betting the still-very-unpolished Kim Joon will have a smallish supporting role, but I do love his character description: a cowardly cop. Ha! Bring it on.

Serious Crime Squad is a procedural police drama that is adopting the ripped-from-the-headlines tactic that has served Law & Order so well for years upon years. Each of the detectives has a distinct personality and the episodes will showcase various investigative techniques. The show is being promoted as “refreshing and satisfying, with a realistic feel.”

Kim Joon’s character is Shin Dong-jin, specializing in cyber-crime investigation. He excels in his field but has an innately timid and fearful personality; the sight of a corpse tends to make him faint, which is, unsurprisingly enough, frowned upon by his colleagues. As such, he’s described as a unique character who’s rather unpredictable.

I do think Kim Joon has a long way to go in terms of acting skill — he really benefited in Boys Before Flowers by being allowed to act as eye candy without having much to do dramatically — but I can’t deny he’s got personal charm. I can see him playing a comic, quirky character much better than one that’s dependent upon a solid dramatic performance, so I hope this role suits him.

Sunwoo Sun has also been cast, and for a relative latecomer to the acting scene, she’s proven to be pretty strong with roles as a spoiled chaebol in Queen of Housewives and a spoiled chaebol in Will It Snow For Christmas. Okay, that makes her sound limited in range, but her two characters were pretty disparate in personality, and I think she’d make a kickass cop. Joining her as the other female lead amongst a mostly-male cast is Park Sun-young, who played the feisty (and rabbit-toothed, lol) lawyer in Sons of Sol Pharmacy.

Serious Crime Squad will follow Dream High on Mondays and Tuesdays, and premieres on February 28.

Here's more casting news.

Kim Joon cast as a cop in new drama | January 15, 2011 | dramabeans

mskololia1, thanks for the additional news coverage regarding Kim Jun’s (or Kim Joon) participation in Crime Squad/Homicide.

I don’t really know anything about this young actor. I heard of Boys before Flowers, but I couldn’t bear to watch this kind of teen idol drama. So, I hope that production team has made the right choice to cast him for this seemingly unique character. In any case, I am sure that, based on the huge success Boys before Flowers achieved, Kim Jun will bring in some young viewers to Crime Squad/Homicide.

Some rough Chinese translation indicated that Shin dong-jin will be Park Se-hyuk’s friend on the team. A hot-tempered yet gentle professional teams up with a timid yet talented rookie, should be interesting.

According to Mr. Song’s latest message posted on GeNtLe (his official fan club), the cast has had their first rehearsal (script reading) and the feeling/connection among the cast members seemed to be forming well. So exciting!!!

===============================

By the way, hot off the press (StarNews), actress Sung Ji Hyo who played Lady Yesoya in Jumong, is joining the cast for Crime Squad/Homicide to mark her return to TV drama!!

2011011701001411600095861.jpg

From the rough translation, she will play Cho Min (TBD), a rookie reporter who is warm, bright, very humane and very compassionate towards the weak and the suffering. Does she sound a bit like Bobae in A Man Called God? A possible love interest of Park Se-huyk??!!

The idol character sounds interesting...I have not seen his past performance(s), but look forward to seeing him be either a funny and hyper badass IT genius or a shy and withdrawn IT character who finally begins to meld with the team either way. :huh:

Wow, the actress who plays Yesoya is here too?  I would not have recognized her if you had not mentioned this mlu12....Hmmm, why can't her character be an accomplished reporter vs a rookie?  Oh well, I will wait to see how this PD executes his drama..

It is official, Jumong and Lady Yesoya are reunited in Crime Squad/Homicide!!

======================================

Song Ji-hyo, returns after 4 years with KBS "Crime Squad"

Source: Hancinema

photo148927.jpg

Actress Song Ji-hyo will be returning to screens with KBS 2TV drama "Crime Squad".

According to the production company, Song Ji-hyo will be playing the role of an intern reporter Cho Min-joo.

This is her return to screens in 4 years after the MBC drama "Jumong" which ended in March 2007.

Cho Min-joo is a warm and bright character with a strong will to carry on her living, but she is also a lonely character tender heart, and a humanist who is weak to the weak and strong to the strong.

She works with Park Sae-hyeok (Song Il-gook) whom she met through a past incident.

Song Ji-hyo expressed her feelings for the drama, "It's been a while since I've stepped out in front of the viewers so I'm fluttering but I'm also nervous and I will do my best to show you the best".

Meanwhile "Crime Squad" is a mystery investigative drama based on the detective in the Gangnam police station. It is planned on first airing on the 28th of February, after "Dream High". In this drama are Song Il-gook, Kim Seung-woo and more.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20

Here is a fan-made poster (credit: GeNtLe) with all the members of the cast.

94145415.jpg

The description for most of the characters has been provided, except Park Seon-yeong (top row, second from the right). She was one of the first mentioned to have joined the cast, but nothing about her role was ever released (not to my knowledge). Some Chinese viewers indicated (without revealing the source) that she will play Park Se-hyuk’s ex-wife who is actually in love with Park’s supervisor Jung Il-Do (played by Kim Seung-woo)!! I hope NOT as it just seems way too messy and too melodramatic to my taste!!

If any SIKers (or Park seon-yeong's fans) out there who have some information about Park Seon-yeong’s role, please do shed some light here.

=======================

Edit: Although it was not mentioned at all in the English news, but Chinese news did indicate that Cho Min-joo (Song Ji-hyo’s role) is indeed the love interest of Park Se-hyuk – they were brought together by an incident, they then work side by side at the front line of crime fighting, and they gradually grow closer romantically thereafter.

Homicide / Crime Squad first script reading picture.

5365041681_90e8d0dcb1_o.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's rare and probably never in any drama that the same couple play love interest twice, so I hope it's not the case for the Songs.   I have no love or dislike for Lady Yesoya character.  However, after watching Frozen Flower which is a R-rated movie with numerous hard-core nudity scenes of Song Ji-hyo, I was in shock and thus, have a very different image about her as an actress.   I personally wish she will not be the love-interest of SIK, and I don't think it will be the case.   Any other role is fine with me.

Edit: Although it was not mentioned at all in the English news, but Chinese news did indicate that Cho Min-joo (Song Ji-hyo’s role) is indeed the love interest of Park Se-hyuk – they were brought together by an incident, they then work side by side at the front line of crime fighting, and they gradually grow closer romantically thereafter.

There you are SJH fans, your dreams might come true.  "Yesoya" has now the chance to redeem herself being SIK's love interest in this drama.  I just hope that she would not act so helpless and weak again.  No more sweetie, cutie, funny reporter role (Bobae?) this time.  I want to see a more serious acting from a leading lady who is smart and witty but definitely not a pinkberry.

KISH, this is your moment!

KONA dear, you're back!  We always share the same thoughts.  Kekeke.

Cho Min-Joo being Park Se-hyuk’s love interest is all over the Chinese news wire. So, yes or no, seems to be beyond our control.

I saw A Frozen Flower too, and I was equally shocked by Song Ji-hyo's daring performance in it. In most scenarios, I don’t see the need for nudity. However, in a movie about how a homosexual guy became passionately in love with feminine beauty and turned completely obsessed with the pleasure it brought to him, the intense sex scene is justified. I guess Song Ji-hyo shocked me but didn’t shock me enough to not want to see her in Crime Squad/Homicide with our Mr. Song.

In any case, regardless of who will eventually win Park’s heart, I am hoping for excellent acting and great chemistry.

Judging from the news and photos posted here, looks like it's a done deal.  SJH is in and will join the love triangle involving SIK.  Now, I can see that all my wishes for this drama are coming true.  Romance, a love triangle, and a hot-tempered Korean version of Mel Gibson. :w00t:  Well, I guess this is not going to be a boring action movie, after all.   

Something else from the Chinese news regarding a love triangle which I thought was just weird.

Shin Dong-jin (Kim Jun) will run into Cho Min-joo (Song Ji-hyo) while working on a case, and he falls in love with her - that means a love triangle among Park Se-hyuk (by Song Il Kook), Cho Min-joo and Shin Dong-jin!! Uh..............

I just can't imagine a fight for love between Park and Shin can be convincing - a man vs. a boy, not a fair game either way!!! It is just wacky, in my opinion, anyway.

Guest scorpyon_giana

yesssssssss, Finally my prayers have been listened, Song Ji Hyo and Song Il Gook again in a drama , and with a little of luck as lovers...............i hoped that will happen again someday and this day camed.....................but pleaseeeeee , i don't want another "Soseono" in the middle, i want her to be his main love interest, and no weacky Cho min Joo, i want her to be bold and agressive , just like any other reporter...............Fingers cross for this new drama, i hope will be succesful.........

Guest Zeeiraqiya

Im sooooo exciting to watch this drama ! and wish to see soild performance as we have SOLID STARRING ! Yes im totally agree with u ardently ... i wanna see a reallllll reporter and dont wanna watch an other version of jin bobae!!! as if SJH character would be like that thats mean it would never be in my favorite actress top list ! I WANNA A STROOOOONNNGEE SMAAARRRRT GIRL ! :w00t:

Archived