[Drama 2011] I Believe in Love / My Love, My Family 사랑을 믿어요

tiki_sg

Guest jade_frost

It's obvious that Hye Jin is not in love with her husband (if she ever was). I wonder if they'll show more flashbacks between Hye Jin and her husband, Dong Hoon. In the one flashback that I remember, Dong Hoon had admired Hye Jin from afar and they went out for drinks. She didn't know who he was. She was already upset with her life back then. Her demeanor was the same back then. She rarely smiles in front of her husband and doesn't share her thoughts with him.

How did they end up married? Did they get drunk one night and hooked up? Is that why they married? Does anybody know how long they've been married?

So Seung Woo (Lee Sang Woo / gallery owner) has a wife (played by actress Yun Mi Joo)? So she fools around and she now wants her husband back?? What happened when they met with his father? Is that why he went drinking and called Hye Jin later??

Hye Jin behaves like a different person beyond the household and her husband. Happy and carefree in front of her boss and solemn and weary with her husband and his family, except for a few moments when she first returned and when she secured a teaching position at the university. She also doesn't communicate or share much of her thoughts with Dong Hoon. Most glaring is the fact that they have different outlooks. He is a simple, straightforward family man who is easily contented and asks little of her while she is somewhat the opposite having grown up in a complicated, troubled family, perhaps more so now than before since he enabled her to soar.

In Ep27, Seung Woo's father told him that his estranged wife had decided to return to play the role of wife despite some agreement they had made 3 years ago to end things. Haven't got to Ep28 yet. But his father seems a rather cold hard-nosed man.

I don't care much for the affairs of these married couples which are starting to circle the same matter over and over ... ... I enjoy the light-hearted bits better.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jade_frost

Ep28 has lots of screen time devoted to Hye Jin and Seung Woo again. It is also a sad one, in that, Dong Hoon senses that something is amiss from Hye Jin's flustered behaviour and has misgivings when she comes home late and quite unable to explain what cropped up. Still he gives her the benefit of the doubt and doesn't confront her with her lies until those photos sent anonymously by a jealous friend lights the fuse and blows everything up. And I guess Hye Jin plays the martyr in Ep29.

She didn't do anything wrong on a fundamental level, but her lies gave credence to the nagging doubts that Dong Hoon had and shook his trust and confidence in her. He gave her different openings to explain what she had been doing, but she did not come clean. He would understandably have not liked what she had to say, but it certainly would have beaten being evasive and sowing the seeds of doubt. And while she rejected Seung Woo's overtures, she was stirred by what he imagined his family would be like had he married a woman he loved as well as his profession that he was jealous of Dong Hoon.

Hye Jin would have done well to heed her own words when she refused to be his friend knowing the intensity of his feelings for her, yet I think she fooled herself into thinking that she could be there for him and keep things purely platonic.

To me, Seung Woo is a pathetic character. If he had what it took, he would have been able to ensure he stood up to his father and didn't get ensnared in such a lie of a marriage. But he didn't, and now it's all self-pity. Theirs is a mismatch of interest and personalities and he felt suffocated being married to her. Now she has come back to play the role of wife in this sham marriage because her father has threatened disinherit her and she won't accept Seung Woo's rejection. And Hye Jin has placed herself in the crossfire ... ...

Ugh ... ...

After all that, I found myself enjoying the cute scene between Woo Jin and Yoon Hee when she brought dumplings over to his house. It seemed like she was angling for his attention and hoping for contact with him so much so that she was giddy with happiness he tried to teach her the drums by standing behind her and holding her hands. So adorable.

Guest alchocoholic

EPISODE 30 ( ~XviD-SeSang - Megaupload & Fileserve link~ ) is up in AM-ADDICTION!

XviD-HANrel & 450p-HANrel will be up shortly on Megaupload & Fileserve!

DevilSlob has also kindly uploaded Episodes 1-16 English hardsubbed episodes from KBS World for us over at AM-Addiction so please head over there for the links! :)

Guest Schneewitchen

What actually did the gallery owner discuss with her when her husband came to the gallery and looked so shocked?

Guest b00kw0rm

It's obvious that Hye Jin is not in love with her husband (if she ever was). I wonder if they'll show more flashbacks between Hye Jin and her husband, Dong Hoon. In the one flashback that I remember, Dong Hoon had admired Hye Jin from afar and they went out for drinks. She didn't know who he was. She was already upset with her life back then. Her demeanor was the same back then. She rarely smiles in front of her husband and doesn't share her thoughts with him.

How did they end up married? Did they get drunk one night and hooked up? Is that why they married? Does anybody know how long they've been married?

I think we will get to know it later. But as I see it, she married him because she could leave the terrible home of her parents, but sure not for love. She seems to be a capable painter.

I don't like the writer daughter (terrible childish playing) and her macho husband. They could have left out this pair.

HJ told her boss that she doesn't love her husband. She said that he was the first man she met after she graduated. They showed flashbacks of her working as an art teacher. He went to the school I think to do some servicing. He witnessed her on a couple of occasions getting scolded by the principal. He admired her beauty and felt sorry for her when the principal scolded her. He asked her out for drinks and she accepted one day when she was particularly down. He was always there to listen to her problems and help her in whatever way he could. He told her that if she marries him, he will take care of her and she could quit working at the school. She married him out of gratitude, to get out of her family home and her tedious job. He rescued her. She told the boss that she is grateful to her husband and so she wants to be a good and faithful wife to him.

Yes, she may not have crossed the line into adultery. But what she is doing - confiding in him instead of to her husband; turning to this guy now for comfort and companionship is I feel even more hurtful than to be in a physical relationship with another man. I think she is a very selfish and greedy person. She turned to her husband when he was the best solution to her problems. Now she turns to this guy because he has more to offer her than her husband. Her boss gave her the money to settle with the victim of her brother's car accident and got him out of prison. Another rescuer and this one, richer and able to give her much more than her husband could give her - material things that is. Always she thinks of what she deserves, what she should get. I don't see her putting others before her, including her daughter.

I agree that the parts on the eldest daughter and her husband could be skipped entirely. They are both equally annoying and deserve each other.

Guest Albertina

I like Woojins parents, they are so funny and also Woojin with the girlish teacher, as well as the part with the Gallery owner. The others - also the halmoni - could really be skipped.

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

I Believe in Love Episode 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

dsbanner2.jpg

I Believe in Love 1-30 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurf...e-in-love-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Archived