Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

8 hours ago, pinocchio7 said:

There's a little mistranslation here... he didn't say that KWB is "his only guy friend among male actors" nor that "they are the first to contact each other when they come back to the country"... 

What he said is: "모델 때부터 또래가 우빈이밖에 없어서 친했고, '학교 2013'이라는 작품을 같이 했고. 남자 배우로는 유일하게 연락하고, 한국에 와서도 제일 먼저 왔다고 신고했고, 소식이 들리면 제일 먼저 연락하고. 저도 행운이라고 생각해요." which translates as: "KWB is the only same-age friend (as in, only other 89er) I've known since I was a model. We've worked in 'School2013' together. He's the only same-age (89er) male actor that I keep in touch with, who I contacted after I came back to Korea, and who I call when there's anything new. I also think of it as good fortune." (Note: everyone knows that KWB is not Jong-suk's only guy friend among male actors; and in this interview, the way the editor asked this question left no room for him to talk about anyone else.)

There is nothing wrong with what Jong-suk said in his interview as it reflects HIS point of view regarding the friendship. 

However, I sometimes think, this "friendship" is sadly one-sided as he's the only one always mentioning the other, giving endless compliments, and even promoting the other's works even more than his own... This is probably one of the main reasons why he is known to be too nice for his own good in the industry. Not to mention all that he had to suffer at the hands of his "friends"' company. (I really wonder... if they are so close, why just watch when his company's been harassing Jong-suk for years? This is the biggest mystery to me...) 

thanks for ur trans and i totally agree with u, but as we say here hope God rewards him according to his good intentions 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rania Zeid said:

thanks for ur trans and i totally agree with u, but as we say here hope God rewards him according to his good intentions 

Also, most of the perceptions are created by fans who may not be very mature and then media playing it up for fun - because such stories tend to stir emotions...

But, I firmly believe these two wish best for each other and being a fan of LJS is not being an antifan of Woo Bin and vice versa.  They are both extremely good people and I really wish us fans did not feel so competitive (I feel competitive when it comes to some stuff)....When both of them are friends, i kind of want to ignore the noise.  

Plus, I have been surprised by how many friends he actually has...Considering he always says he has no one to talk to.  Clearly, he has enough people advising him, giving him company etc.

I just wanted to say - us LJS fans in Soompi - want to stay mature and wish good things to Woo Bin because he is LJS's friend.  That is all.

Edit - the last sentence came out wrong - we LJS fans must wish every actor well and wish the best for LJS.  (not just because LJS says WB is his friend)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ThinkPositive said:

Where is this?  W?  That house actually looks like his real house w/o the swimming pool.

@ThinkPositive This is just an edit by an awesome fan haha... Does it look like his real house?? Awww... I envy you... I've not seen his house before. :(

By the way, I understand and agree with what you said above. I think Woo Bin has a great personality too, that's one of the reason why Jong Suk is best friend with him. To be honest, I've ever thought of it too... why Woo Bin didn't do anything to stop his company from doing all the dirty things to Jong Suk. But as a fan, what we know are only so limited... he may have done something for Jong Suk but no one is aware of it. For me, I believe in Jong Suk's choice in friends and I support his friends too but ofc in a different way from how I support Jong Suk. :P And I'm so grateful to LMH for being so kind to our Jong Suk when he's in difficulty (even when they hardly know each other). He must have really cared in a way. For us fans, we see them celebrities as competitor but they may not think/ feel the same way as us. Even though I'm competitive for Jong Suk too, I really hope that we can be the kind of fan that Jong Suk would want us to be.

• Like 1

Lee Jong Seok is Modern Quirky for Ceci and Throwback Handsome in First Teaser Preview of C-drama Jade Lovers

Posted on May 21, 2016 by ockoala

ciau.jpg

Consider me pleasantly surprised by the one-two Lee Jong Seok punch this week. He’s on the cover, two different ones to be precise, of Ceci Magazine, and the first sneak peek at his upcoming Chinese-Korean joint production drama Jade Lover with Zheng Shuang is out. I like what I see from both, he’s suitably quirky in his flower boy appeal in Ceci, even with the obvious floral and bird print sweater and neck tie shirt, and the first Jade Lover teaser has all the hallmarks of what I love about the early Republic era. Gorgeous costuming, the romantic appeal of old fashion train stations and cars, and taking this story out of the shenanigans of modern day conflict gives it a sweeping epic feel. Not to mention directing the drama is well-received Korean PD Jin Hyuk. The drama may not air before Lee Jong Seok’s upcoming summer MBC K-dramaW costarring Han Hyo Joo but he’s certainly lining up television projects that look or sound promising.

ciaos1.jpg

ciaus.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/05/21/lee-jong-seok-is-modern-quirky-for-ceci-and-throwback-handsome-in-first-teaser-preview-of-c-drama-jade-lovers/#comment-427578

• Like 5