Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

0003782101_001_20180515143611532.jpg?type=w430_q70

[Official position]

Lee Jong Suk and Kim Ji Won both sides denied their appearing in  “See you again” .

May 15 , 2018 
[OSEN = Park Jin-young]

The actors Lee Jong Suk and Kim Ji Won said that they are "still discussing" about appearing in “ See you again” Netflix drama.

Full article: http://m.star.naver.com/leejongsuk/news/end?id=11029748

• Like 4

[SBS Star] Lee Jong Suk & Kim Jiwon to Lead a New Romance Drama Together? 작성 2018.05.15 16:40 조회 9
ê¸°ì¬ ëí ì´ë¯¸ì§:[SBS Star] Lee Jong Suk & Kim Jiwon to Lead a New Romance Drama Together?

Korean actor Lee Jong Suk and actress Kim Jiwon are considering joining Netflix's new drama together.

On May 15, one media outlet reported that Lee Jong Suk and Kim Jiwon have been confirmed to lead a new drama 'See You Again' and were scheduled to attend a read-through on May 19.

However, Lee Jong Suk's and Kim Jiwon's management agencies responded, "We have not confirmed to join 'See You Again' yet, but it is being considered."

'See You Again' will illustrate sweet romance between two young people.

If Lee Jong Suk and Kim Ji Won both decide to join the drama, they will be reuniting as leads after about six years. Previously, they have starred in one of MBC's hit sitcoms 'High Kick 3: Revenge of the Short Legged' together, which aired for about six months from September 2011.

Meanwhile, Lee Jong Suk has recently begun filming SBS' upcoming drama 'Hymn of Death', and Kim Jiwon appeared in the film 'Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead', which was released in theaters in February 2018.

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1004759036

• Like 5

Apparently both YNK and also Kim Ji Won's agency have said that no, neither one of them are confirmed for this drama. Yes, JS is still reviewing and considering. But neither one is confirmed. 

Likewise, Netflix also came out and said that nothing is confirmed about a script reading on May 19. (It is hard to do that if you don't have a cast yet, I assume...) See below:

LeeJongSuk and KimJiWon both sides confirmed "See You Again" appeared *NO*❌❌
LeeJongSuk and KimJiWon refuted the allegation that they would appear in the drama "See You Again"
On May 15, an official of YNK Entertainment said, "LeeJongSuk is still considering appearing in the role of "See You Again" and said the company has not yet confirmed its participation in the script reading scheduled for May 19. " .
" KimJiWon has not decided whether to take part in the role of "See You Again" an official from her agency, King Kong by Starship, also said
A Netflix source also said, " There is nothing set on reading from the script. " .
Meanwhile, "See You Again" is a healing romance written by KimEunJi, the author of " Oh My Venus" and a drama directed by OhKiHwan, the director of the film "The GIft" and "The Fashion King"
Cr.Naver and English Translate by Naver

This info/translation shared by IG user rcnwann

Original source for this news is here: http://m.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=974992&_REFERER=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.naver.com%2Fsearch.naver%3F%26where%3Dnews%26query%3D%EC%9D%B4%EC%A2%85%EC%84%9D%26sm%3Dtab_pge%26sort%3D1%26photo%3D0%26field%3D0%26reporter_article%3D%26pd%3D0%26ds%3D%26de%3D%26docid%3D%26nso%3Dso%3Add%2Cp%3Aall%2Ca%3Aall%26mynews%3D0%26start%3D1%26refresh_start%3D0

So, it's not saying they've turned it down, but hold off on any congratulatory news yet. It might not go through yet...

• Like 6

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/05/lee-jong-suk-kim-ji-won-confirmed-as-leads-of-upcoming-netflix-drama-see-you-again

Lee Jong Suk & Kim Ji Won confirmed as leads of upcoming Netflix drama 'See You Again'

lee-jong-suk,kim-ji-won

Lee Jong Suk and Kim Ji Won have been confirmed as the leads of the upcoming Netflix drama 'See You Again'!

Lee Jong Suk and Kim Ji Won are reuniting in a romance drama after working together on the 2011-2012 sitcom 'High Kick: Revenge of the Short-Legged' over 6 years ago. On May 15, a rep of 'See You Again' confirmed, "Lee Jong Suk and Kim Ji Won are playing the leads in Netflix' 'See You Again'. They're doing a table reading this Saturday on the 19th."

'See You Again' revolves around the story of two people who thought they would never meet again. After finding out they had unknowingly married one another, the two have a fated reunion. As previously reported, 'See You Again' written by Kim Eun Ji, who is known for the drama 'Oh My Venus'.

Stay tuned for updates on the Netflix series!

• Like 6

So, which is it? Who is more current, allkpop, or xports.com? I keep seeing each story popping up all day. I'd be happy to watch it if it's going to happen, but I think someone needs to get the story straight, cause us fans are getting confused. :blink:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, frozentundra said:

So, which is it? Who is more current, allkpop, or xports.com? I keep seeing each story popping up all day. I'd be happy to watch it if it's going to happen, but I think someone needs to get the story straight, cause us fans are getting confused. :blink:

what do u mean? 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

what do u mean? 

I mean that on this page alone, we have multiple articles cited, some of which say that Jong Suk and Kim Ji Won have definitely confirmed for the Netflix drama See You Again. And then we have others (in this case, more than one Korean source) saying no, their agencies denied that, they are still considering, and there is no script reading on the 19th. I tend to believe Naver over Allkpop, but still, all of these have been passed around today. I *think* that the true article is the one that says they are not yet confirmed. It's a little confusing, though.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I mean that on this page alone, we have multiple articles cited, some of which say that Jong Suk and Kim Ji Won have definitely confirmed for the Netflix drama See You Again. And then we have others (in this case, more than one Korean source) saying no, their agencies denied that, they are still considering, and there is no script reading on the 19th. I tend to believe Naver over Allkpop, but still, all of these have been passed around today. I *think* that the true article is the one that says they are not yet confirmed. It's a little confusing, though.

ah yeh read those, well i ll consider it true till both their agencies officially denied it hhhh cz there are some k articles who corfirmed it as well.. so let's wait and see 

• Like 5

Well, now I see two different articles, BOTH on Naver, BOTH claiming to cite their agencies, BOTH from today, and within a half hour of each other. One (citing their agencies) says yes, the other (citing their agencies) says nope, nothing is confirmed, they're still considering. (This is the more recent one, by the way.) I think it sounds maybe hopeful, but I'm not going to get too excited yet, at least not until they get their story straight, lol.

• Like 7

@frozentundra Um how shall I say this. There are some reporters who do not like Jong Suk. They have a personal agenda or backed by some company I am not going to name. Anyway they often write fake articles about him, which throws people off and makes people angry. So over the years k fans have got to know which ones not to trust. 

You can see under certain articles K fans have written stuff like "why announce it if it is not confirmed", etc. Our Jong Sukkie has it hard because of some bad people.

Its best we wait for real confirmation from agencies themselves or from him. 

• Like 6

Thanks, @Riman Rakshit. Yes, it certainly seems the case here. I mean, both statements cannot be true, they are direct opposites of each other. It's kind of rude to make up whole stories out of nothing! No wonder he gets frustrated sometimes at crazy media stories. He says he wants to be known as a straightforward person who is what he says he is, so I'm sure it aggravates him. 

Hopefully they will simply announce it on the agency sites and/or his IG if he in reality accepts the role. That would clear all confusion.

• Like 7