The Walking Dead

Guest diru

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest graceyoon

i only caught the last couple of episodes as well... i only have basic cable poor me..

but sometimes the eps gave some wtf moments... like when shane was in the school bus slicing his hand by door to kill zombies that way, and when you think he has no escape, he manages to kick the back exit door open when rick comes driving by and evidently there's no zombies anywhere back there since they're all crowded by the door.. so why didn't he just exit through the back in the first place..

and double yes to the carl thing, how he shows up at the right or wrong times.. when shane and rick were going out into the forest to find randall that shane had already killed.. how does carl catch up with them when it seems shane and rick had ventured really far out to an open field, yet when carl pops up, it also shows the house which make it seem shane and rick were still in the back yard

anyway the show is ok, it feels really slow at times

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Starlitelet

* waves to autuymnrain ^^ :wub:

I didn't know you like The Walking Dead also! I love this show.

I really enjoy how they deal with humanity and the crumbling state of civilization. I guess I have a thing for post-apocalyptic stories, where humans converse and interact with one another through reinforcements/contradictions in spite of their different upbringings. It shows how humans can lose their internal beliefs when they've been put on a brink of devastation. Humans are indeed self-destructive. It's not as if they're fighting against the plague/zombies, but they ... or rather we, fight amongst our own kinds.

TWD is just such a thrilling rollercoaster ride. The dynamic between these survivors are incredible. I love how all these sole survivors have distinct traits/qualities which makes them all the more unique. None of them are flawless. I can't say enough for this series. It deserves so much love! This show has full of surprises and ironic moments. Some of the discussions between these characters really makes me ponder... especially their demises. There's just a lot of meaning behind everything, and it somewhat parallels/reflects on our society. What would we do if we were put to this kind of test (which is definitely pass my limit)? Scary thought :crazy:.

Moving on ... my favorite characters at the moment are Rick and Glenn. Dale was also one of my favorite characters... sadly, he died. I also loved the complexity of Shane's character and his perplexed/scary mentality. I could never guess his character, hence, I was always on the edge of my seat whenever he appeared on-screen. Too bad they left him menacing, but then again, I admire how they didn't dumb down his character. He was consistent till the very end. Anyway, that's not to say the rest don't shine in the limelight. I like all of them, but those two are my current favorite.

By the way, I never read the comics ^^;. And yay for Asian dude getting a White girl ;).

Guest itrayya

my roomy and i were having withdrawals so we re watched season 1 last week.

i cried and cried. i cried the last episode because of knowing how some of them will end up.

i realized Darryl gets softer with each episode. he was so wild when he was first introduced.

i surely can't wait for season 3.

Guest Starlitelet

my roomy and i were having withdrawals so we re watched season 1 last week.

i cried and cried. i cried the last episode because of knowing how some of them will end up.

i realized Darryl gets softer with each episode. he was so wild when he was first introduced.

i surely can't wait for season 3.

Hi itrayya ^^!

Yup, I like Darryl's character also. Though, I haven't gotten much out of him yet. Hopefully, they'll go more in-depth with him. I agree that he's getting softer, and I think it's thanks to Carol. I'm sure they have something going on - haha.

I can't wait for season 3 either. I wonder what they have in store for us...

I'm glad that I waited for the second half of season 2. Actually, I didn't wait, but rather couldn't find where to watch it online. So I just recently watched all 6 episodes or so within 2 days. I would have died for every week to come if I watched it while it was airing.  However, the downside of watching it consecutively was that I went ahead and read the synopsis... so I knew what was coming. Bad of me!

When October comes around, I'll be following it from day 1 (hopefully), so I won't be spoiled!

By any chance, are there any other series as thrilling as this one? I watch Game of Thrones, Misfits, True Blood, Switched at Birth and ect... They're all my favorites ^^.

• 1 month later...

season 1 = awesome

season 2 = terrible

happy shane and dale died. not happy that carl and lori lived. need more characters like michonne (ninja lady) and less whiny emo b*tches like carol. can't believe they spent an entire season at the farm. the prison and other new characters should help season 3 rebound.

Guest Starlitelet

season 1 = awesome

season 2 = terrible

happy shane and dale died. not happy that carl and lori lived. need more characters like michonne (ninja lady) and less whiny emo b*tches like carol. can't believe they spent an entire season at the farm. the prison and other new characters should help season 3 rebound.

Hi twayblade ^^!

I actually enjoyed the second half of S2. I would also understand those who didn't enjoy it as much as S1, but calling S2 terrible is harsh - haha.

I was super shaoifjafsfa (gibberish) when Dale died!!! How could you be happy :o? I understood why he had to die, but still... he was one of the only sane characters left - haha. Also, I liked Shane despite him being a psycho freak. Loved his shady character.

Carol is not that whiny, IMO. I understand where she's coming from. However, she's definitely not my favorite character. I'd agree that she's not the most interesting, but her character adds some layers to others surrounding her. I sense more developments between Daryl and her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest panda723

I'm totally coming back here this weekend after the new season starts to see how everyone reacts to the first episode!! Chaotic!!~~

Guest s0y0un*

I just started watching from season 1 last night and I'm soo addicted!

I love all the actors especially the main lead. He's hott and of course GLENN!!

Guest motherducker

Awww yus.

So excited for tomorrow!!!! :D:D:D:D

For the people who haven't read the comics, I definitely recommend it.
I can't say I prefer one from the other, because for one, the show has Daryl Nixon lol, but the comic, I feel, outlines the characters' personality and their relationships better :> But hey, both are still good!

still so bum from the issue 100 though. I need to read the rest of the volume.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hb_jackpot

I love this show! Zombie anything is like my weird fetish or something... It's so exciting when I dream about something like this.

I'll watch anything zombie, and this is a great series, not much to complain about.

Guest graceyoon

The last scene was freaky!!!
Anyone see the Book of Eli, the Governor reminded me of the corrupt town mayor in that movie who was able to control the town and keep power by killing anyone he felt would take away his position... perhaps that's why the Governor is so interested in meeting Daryl cuz he knows Daryl is a threat.. i haven't seen the first season though so i don't know how those 2 are connected...
I love the Michonne character, can't wait to see what her back story's all about
I miss Shane, he brought a lot of drama with the constant conflicts

Guest styleclopedia

I love this show! Just saw the latest ep of season 3 earlier. If there's one thing I live about watching zombie dhows/movies, its driving the coolest car and having the best guns! lol

Archived