The Walking Dead

Guest diru

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest itrayya

i need to buy the blue ray season 1 dvd.

in the mean time since the last episode,

i've gone crazy. crazy. waiting. waiting. crazy. waiting. too. long.

i'm willing to stalk Atlanta just to see the set.

gone. crazy.

:wacko:

i'm still trying to find a way to become a ZOMBIE on set.

yah, that's my current life goal.

forget school, forget work, ZOMBIE!

Season 2 is gonna be aired Halloween 2011.

i think that's way better than Summer 2011.

^No it wasn't photoshopped

An advertising company has apologised after placing a billboard for The Walking Dead next to a funeral parlour.

The poster for the zombie drama, which is currently airing in the UK on Channel 5, was placed on the side of The Co-operative Funeralcare in Consett, County Durham.

The Daily Mail reports that The Co-operative Funeralcare is unhappy that the Consett branch was not told about the plans before the advertisement was posted.

"It is disappointing that we were not consulted as this advert could cause unnecessary distress," a spokesperson said. "When the billboard site was erected, we were assured that no insensitive adverts would be featured."

Clear Channel, the advertising company behind the poster, has now agreed to replace it with a different billboard.

"Clear Channel apologises for any offence caused by the unfortunate juxtaposition of this advertisement, which was certainly not intended," a spokesperson said. "We arranged to have it removed right away and it has since come down."

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Channel 5 said: "No offence was intended and this particular poster has been removed from the side of the funeral parlour in Durham. We apologise for any offence caused."

The Walking Dead is currently airing in the UK on Sundays at 10pm on Channel 5.

Source

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumping the thread up since season two premiere aired tonight.

The first half felt like the original scene from season one where they encounter a huge crowd of zombies suddenly appear on the highway and hide under cars. I kept asking myself whether I downloaded a fake file or the right one. Something happened in the middle but it had a terrible pace to it (as with the first season). The new episode didn't impress me until the very last minute when the sheriff's kid is shot along with a deer from an unseen assailant.

Guest jonogunn

I completely wasn't expecting that to happen at the end. :tears:

Ya man. totally caught everyone by surprised. I'm sure not a single soul expected that.

Ugh, I am doing my best to resist opening that spoiler... Must... resist... Season 2 premieres here in the Philippines on Saturday so... Must... resist... crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

I edited the spoiler from my last post as to actually warrant the spoiler tag. Usually I try to keep comments in spoiler tags until everyone is generaly caught up or accept the inevitable public discussion of plotlines.

This season is off to a poor start with more cliffhangers by the minute. If it weren't for zombies, I doubt anyone could stand the poor writing and long sequences of mundane chatter past the first half of season one. Director change next two episodes so hopefully they try to fix the errors of the past but this doesn't seem to be the main problem in the overall picture. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'll admit that this season so far hasn't done too much to impress me but that isn't to say that I'm not enjoying the show. Dynamics amongst the characters don't seem as tight as you'd think it ought to be (most of these people HAVE been staying together a long while now, right? I dunno everyone just seems kinda far away from each other... although it could be intentional and I'd totally understand that if it was). Hrmmm, I wonder if Frank Darabont leaving the project had anything to do with the quality of the series thus far? Hrmm...

I'd prefer they have some fun and at least make it entertaining since the quality drama aspect is practically nonexistent.

I bet a shorter season would've produced some better results because these mediocre writers won't be forced to stretch out episodes. Character development was adequate in the short first season but now it's just too boring for me to care. As I read a post on another forum, this is what people get for hopping on the zombie (and every other monster) bandwagon.

The Chinese guy got some from the white girl. Wonder if this is another pregnancy plot line?

I really, really hope that the preview for the next episode is misleading.

Daryl is my favorite

:tears: I also think that he's cute and I'm starting to ship him and Carol LOL! And where the hell is Sophia???

I agree that the pace is slow and it's kinda boring at times but so far I'm still hooked. I can't wait to know what happens to everyone...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Leo the Lion

here's a link if you wanna watch it on your smartphone

http://videosurge.net/vids/?s=The%20Walking%20Dead%20Season

awesome! i can watch on my new phone now. woot

I just saw the mid-season finale and I saw this on youtube...

"what was the timeline? Between the moment Rick left Sophia to draw the walkers away from her; Rick's arrival at Hershel's farm with a wounded Carl; and Otis leaving with Shane to get medical supplies; when did Sophia have time to get bit(and not get eaten), bleed to death, turn into a walker, get caught by Otis and end up in the barn by the second episode? And how did she get such a big bite on the neck but still manage to get away from the walker that attacked her?"

One thing's for sure... I can't wait until February!!! :wacko: Take it away, Daryl!

385010_2605224205755_1109392719_2983825_1930048370_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived