The Walking Dead

Guest diru

The hunt for Merle will most likely be resolved by this season. I don't think he's really worth being the center of the last two whole episodes or the cliffhanger season finale. 

Cliffhangers aren't that hard to figure out. Someone important will be taken away - finding out who is the fun part. 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this episode was strange towards the end.

I just thought it was strange that they'd cut randomly to some guy we've never seen before, experimenting on the zombie virus. I am interested to see what will happen next, however, I don't think that the next episode could possibly be considered the last one because with this new development in the story, I just don't see things being seen through fully. A little bit skeptical about how the season finale will play out now...

On a sidenote, did anyone else get midly excited as I did when they heard a track from the film Sunshine being used in the latest episode? :P

I thought this episode was strange towards the end.

I just thought it was strange that they'd cut randomly to some guy we've never seen before, experimenting on the zombie virus. I am interested to see what will happen next, however, I don't think that the next episode could possibly be considered the last one because with this new development in the story, I just don't see things being seen through fully. A little bit skeptical about how the season finale will play out now...

The set-up could be them getting trapped inside with "something", the cliffhanger to lure back viewers for the next season. As the synopsis for the last episode TS-19 says, "Rick and the group are allowed into the CDC, by a strange doctor. But all is not what it seems in their newfound haven." Maybe TS-19 is still inside and on the loose...There are a few episode preview pics with guns armed so something does happen inside.

I don't want to run the fun for others still catching up on episodes so I'm responding in spoiler tags. 

^ You have a point there, still to make such a dramatic shift in narrative at such a late stage in the season is still a little disconcerting. The series hasn't let me down at all yet and has been pretty strong so I trust the writing and direction to pay off in the finale next week.

There seems to be nothing else to do given the short season. If it doesn't hook continuing and new viewers onto some drama or climax, they'll lose the audience base a few weeks after the finale. 

They probably didn't plan the new developments in Episode 5 but did so only because they were renewed and had to find a way to have an open-ended closer.  

Deadline is reporting that The Walking Dead will be letting go of it's current writers for next season and will instead opt to use freelance writers for the remainder of next season. Full story on the link. All I can say is... WTF? Didn't see this coming. =\

^ I agree. Hand the show over to FX

I've been enjoying the series so far but the last episode kinda lagged for me.

I thought it was random when the new character popped out of no where.

There's one more episode left so I hope they don't pack so much info in 45 minutes,

especially with the new character in tow.I'm guessing they'll be a cliffhanger.

And where the eff is Merle? lolzz

Not too interested in season 2. I'll catch it when it comes by but a few other shows still preside over this on my list.

What a lack of a cliffhanger. I thought it would be interesting if they all died and we follow another band of survivors next season.

Guest Vanessa728

Yup. Season finale wasn't all that. Its okay. I'm still going to watch Season 2 when it comes out. Now what bothers me is,

what did the Scientist/Doctor told Rick before he left?

Real bummer of a season finale which was kind of to be expected. That's not going to say that I won't stick around for second season but I just really hope they pick up things when they start again. On that note, the show's executive producer, Gale Anne Hurd has denied claims made last week that the writing staff for The Walking Dead were fired and replaced with freelance writers. She also states that the main cast have signed on for multiple seasons so it doesn't seem like TWD will be taken off TV for a while. Let's just hope that season 2 improves upon what was already established in this first season.

the last episode was kind of disappointing. they get to this new place and then.......... that's it. they were barely there, no zombies or revelation whatsoever lol. i read the comic up to i think the third volume and even though there are a lot of parts in the series not in the comics (like merle), they seem to be following it chronologically. so i guess the juicy bits will be on season 2.

I've watched every single episode then I missed the last 20 minutes of the finale last night. =( I'm so upset. But I really like this show. I'm not the zombie loving type of person, but my boyfriend was persistent on watching it since he loves stuff like this, that after episode 1 I was like wow, it's pretty good. But the final episode I must say wasn't as great as the previous episodes. Oh well can't wait to see what happens next season with no permanent writing staff and all developed through free lancers!=)

^ It's pretty normal to see writers leave a series after one season and see a handover of new writers give it a shot in subsequent seasons. I think the freelance writers thing was mostly a wildy exaggerated story. According that producer, she says that the writing staff of this season were busy pitching their own shows to work on which is why they left. Either way, a fresh writing team would definitely make the next season more interesting and hopefully more better. As the last two episodes especially were quite underwhelming (I didn't really like Vatos either, actually).

Archived