[Drama 2010] Once Upon a Time in Saengchori 원스 어폰 어 타임 인 생초리

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi counsel05...The majority of the conversation is over on viki.com unfortunately. blush.gif

I'm a EJ/JM couple fan.....She drinks and party's too much to be with a responsible guy who has 12 mouths to feed.  She would stress out an binge drink to forget her life....

Hi counsel05...The majority of the conversation is over on viki.com unfortunately. blush.gif

I'm a EJ/JM couple fan.....She drinks and party's too much to be with a responsible guy who has 12 mouths to feed.  She would stress out an binge drink to forget her life....

I think that is the essence of lead couples, there pairing seems to be unlikely and "off" but the weakness of the one will be complemented by the strength of the other. Not to mention that

the "secretly in love" guy usually don't get the girl in the end. Don't you think?

Well, I'm raising my hopes high for eun joo and min suk. Hope I am right! cheer cheer!

this drama is awesome and HIGH-larious. i love the laugh-out-loud moments. wacky and random scenes dont even bother me. heck, not one character annoys me even with an annoying personality [eg. Park Gyu and his daughter]. so happy i stumbled upon this drama.

i like this couple as well, altho if it goes the other way [EJ/MS] i dont think i'd mind.(<- but only cause i love HSJ and LYE in Summer Whispers film). with that said, i'd be terribly devastated if JM doesnt get his EJ at the end. he's just so in love with her and they clearly showed/still showing it. so, it'd be a tragedy for his character to still lose his girl by drama's end.

If this drama pairs EJ with the cpa guy, that would be wrong to change her to the point where she is now willing to be responsible for not only herself "only", but 10 children and a mother-in-law......C'mon?  She could not even make in the last wedding contract fiasco.....There's not amount of 'change" to make in her for me to jump over that gulf of a divide with this show if it does this.

No, she belongs with JM who albeit is silent up until he told his drunken boss that he likes her, has finally "spoken" it out loud.  So there is no longer the secret element as they threw a curve ball at us....She secretly likes him too as she is always inviting him to do things with her.  He has her back and if push comes to shove, she will have his---fists flying.....This is where the drama should be headed because it's organic.

MS needs a responsible person by his side....One that he can trust and will be there for him....I'm think the young girl is shaping up in this dept as she currently takes care of her father.....This is the type of partner he needs and not someone he will have to take care of when she goes drinking with her friends and winds up drunk and disorderly.

I do not even see how this attraction started with MS for EJ...it caught me off guard in epi 7 so I cannot wait to watch epi 8.  I think the stress of losing his ability is catching up with him....w00t.gif  Victoria is not done yet so if she catches a whiff of another woman, EJ and her will go rounds and this leaves the door open for the young girl (forgot her name). blush.gif

Just my 2 cents...I like EJ the way she is minus the heavy drinking parts of her that is. 

I am completely confused now on the pairing of this drama. :unsure:

after watching episode 9 min-suk showed "concern" to both eun joo and nah young, but the way

i see it, nah young appeared to be too young for him. i feel in the end her character will have a twist that will help both minsuk and the company.

however, i strongly believe that for eun joo to mature by herself she needs "responsibility" and don't you guys think that being part of minsuk's family would be an opportunity for her

to show that. if she sticks with JM she will stay as pampered, naive and irresponsible girl.

minsuk to be staying with nah young would be another responsibility for him with the big family he has.

but, then again we never know what the writers are thinking. i can't believe myself making an analysis like this just to cheer on for eun joo and minsuk. he..he.. :wub:blush.gif

Well, the show tricked me with the beginning of epi 8....Phew!

Sth is seriously wrong with MS....The contracts and finger printing was hysterical along with the math lessons.  Since NY's dad is an educator, she probably received lessons at home so I expect her IQ to be high like her father.

I laughed so much during this episode it was ridiculous.

Why did they have the nice looking guy show up out of the blue into this distant location, and steal non-essential items from the office like someone's nametag?  How many ppl would buy it?:wacko:   It was almost like a carry out order so whatever he could nab and grab was for the taking....Who are these ppl in this village????:sweatingbullets:

Corny as it was I loved the santa and reindeer scene.....I'm still laughing at that one along with smiling at the santa drop off....

I don't want to think bad thoughts about the ending :vicx:

the way i see it, i think this drama is beyong logical reasoning. by that, we have to suspend some sort of disbelief in understanding how the plot unfolds. it's the not the typical drama where things have to make sense. if, for example, MS ends up with EJ, it doesnt have to make sense. it happens because that's how "life" is. EJ doesnt need to be the right person to be the right pairing for MS. this is what i like about the drama. so for me, i dont buy the EJ isnt responsible enough to be MS's wife. or NY for that matter - altho she looks really young for MS.

but with how things are in ep9, i just cant see EJ with MS. yeah it's cute, some of their little interactions; but the drama is already halfway and there's just nothing that really equates EJ and MS to be together. at least for me. as for JM, we've seen how much feelings he's invested in EJ. and i do agree, i think deep down EJ does like him. she's a completely different person when she's drunk, but she was still able to dial his number and tell JM he's a bad guy [taxi scene = one of my fave scenes!]

NaYoung is cute; but i wish they've gotten someone a weeeee bit older-looking if she were going to be paired up with HSJ. NY looks even younger than MS's sister.

im looking forward to the upcoming eps. i didnt plan to watch all the way to ep9, but good, fun dramas are lacking right now. i couldnt stop watching Saengchori. plus, i really like Lee Young Eun [esp after Likeable or Not]. so that's a bonus too.

You bring up some valid points uruchai.  And agreed about the nonsensical aspects of this drama, but I have to be able to relate to it and form some kind of rationale behind what it is I am seeing.  It's an adult problem that I have.  :D       If only I can suspend my mind while watching because so far I am relating to these whacked out characters.

In my mind, I have already made some assorted pairings for EJ and MS.....Oops, I did not plan to go there but the show made me.  I see his familial responsibilities and her actions as a hinderance.  It was a hinderance in the match EJ had before, but yes, of course the show can pass go and collect, $200 if it wants to, but the love match has to be fluid for me to buy into it.  I'm finicky; I can allow a two hour movie play out, but a drama---that is a horse of a different color.

I hope the drama can have me continuously care and be enchanted by the characters created.....I am drawn like a moth to a flame at this point and believe this drama is so totally underrated.  I was not going to watch it either because I did not think anyone was subbing it.  After I saw the first episode, I knew this was special because it was soo strange.

As for NY, I too wish she were presented a little more older in years but perhaps once I find out how long it's been since her mother left (she was 8) I will see if my feelings change.  Her sincerity and caring has definitely softened MS with epi 8...I was not too thrilled with this pairing because of the age difference, but perhaps that is because the drama is aiming to pair him with EJ?? 

I hope not as JM and EJ have history that makes me think they could work once each confronted the other.  And I could see EJ calling him out over not telling her sooner.  I mean he's already seen her in a wedding dress for crying out loud...That to me was touching; she invited him to her fitting. The taxi ride was beautiful.  Again, the drama voices saying, "he's the one for her". 

I hope to see epi 9 by today sometime as I think it is almost fully subbed.

Thanks semi-fly.

I see we have more eye "laser beams" from the actors....Is this a hint of who the heroes are?  lol

The villager who came in for the job and wanted the Christmas party is adorable...It's almost like he was in prison and recently released into the world and is enjoying life like a kid again.....

Guest luminosa

viki partial softsubs

episode 1 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M7CFZLSK

episode 2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BZH49LXP

episode 3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDZ1YBDR

Thank You so much for these links!!!

I've looked at other sites for the most recent episodes subtitles and couldn't find any. Do you happen to know where we could download subs for episodes 4 to 10?

I cannot imagine anyone in that branch office being a murderer....Impossible, they are dysfunctional.

They have not provided many clues as to the identity of that person so I let it go up until epi 8 when the one worker was taken at night.  I hope not, but oh, well her ex-bf was involved in some scam or scheme and it looks like she wire transferred his money..... 

I've been racking my brains but I think that murderer has yet to appear in the drama.

And I still ship EJ with JM even though MS is adorable too.

Epi 9 ended beautifully....Awwww, so gentle and peaceful.:D  I do not know if this signals the couples, but I'm okay with all three (the strange village lady and the office guy with glasses) rounds out the pairings....

I do feel sorry for Mr. Lee though....It seems like he has no one but his office mates.:(  I hope he gets a happy ending too with a visit from his girls....

Epi 9 ended beautifully....Awwww, so gentle and peaceful.:D  I do not know if this signals the couples, but I'm okay with all three (the strange village lady and the office guy with glasses) rounds out the pairings....

ooh, i hope you'll love ep10's ending, if you havent seen it yet. its not a major plot movement but it helps with the romantic aspect of the story.

then again with Saengchori... things can be twisted. i mean, we didnt even get a follow-up with ep9's ending. it was a beautiful ending but the beginning of ep10 didnt really touch upon it.

---

I introduced this show to my mom and she was so glad. it was a stress-reliever for her. as expected, her favourite character is Mr. Palli Palli. lol. however, my mom seems to be riding the ship of EJ-MS pairing. grrr. i still see no romantic chemistry with MS ans EJ - only bickering boss/employee rapport. [i know an oxymoron heh] what im honestly hoping though is a brewing BROmance between MS and JM. i think those two could be the best of friends in a very competitive, petty-boyish way.

---

I introduced this show to my mom and she was so glad. it was a stress-reliever for her. as expected, her favourite character is Mr. Palli Palli. lol. however, my mom seems to be riding the ship of EJ-MS pairing. grrr. i still see no romantic chemistry with MS ans EJ - only bickering boss/employee rapport. [i know an oxymoron heh] what im honestly hoping though is a brewing BROmance between MS and JM. i think those two could be the best of friends in a very competitive, petty-boyish way.

No, I have not seen epi 10 yet, but I saw a comment that there is another mysterious stranger appearing out of nowhere.

Who is Mr. Palli Palli, Victoria's father?

The ending of epi 8 7 fooled me because I thought MS sent EJ a text when all the while he thought it was you-know-who.

Well, we can all cheer for whoever we want, but as it was mentioned on Viki, MS and EJ will be more or less like MS going from Victoria #1 to Victoria #2.:lol:   I do not see a change there, and what will happen with JM?  All of his friends are married. :(

This drama is pure delight....I want Daniel Choi to come back as a twin or on the lam. :w00t:

Thanks semi-fly...I wonder whose shoulder EJ is resting on show ^_^

What is NY doing suited up?  Awww, she wants a desk too so now we have her shed her little girl image.blush.gif

This will be today's must watch.  I hope it does not make me lose some of my lunch from laughing so hard.... I should prepare a meal fitting for the occasion...salad is out.

EDIT

@uruchai, I saw epi 10 and the truth is out...I think from both guys.:wacko: The competition still has me laughing...MS is hilarious.

Who is the new guy and did Mr. Lee's new friend really leave?  The music during his search reminded of some drama or movie....

Archived