[Drama 2010] Once Upon a Time in Saengchori 원스 어폰 어 타임 인 생초리

Guest yeohweping

a lot of us non Koreans opted not to download and watch this because there are no English subs available. Maybe more people will watch and comment on this drama is there are English subs.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paigehk_1

i just got to watch epi 1 with SUB...and O.M.G this is sooo hilarious! I'm loving this drama already. Sukjin is a hottie but my favorite gotta be the president. He's soo hilarious (is that talking or farting)...omg...can't stop laughing.

Love this. The president and his daughter are so funny always arguing. Can't wait to find out about the murder part either. I can't wait for the subs :D . It would be great if someone could translate the character relationship chart.

They finally have some epis subbed?  I watched it with partial subs and I agree that this is hilarious and wanted to know what happened with the guy in episode one.....

Thanks for keeping this thread going everyone!

Yay, I can watch epis 1-4.....OUaTiSC fighting!

Guest alrob28

viki partial softsubs

episode 1 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M7CFZLSK

episode 2 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BZH49LXP

episode 3 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDZ1YBDR

This drama is sooo funny! The scenes are simply brilliant. I don't normally laugh when watching dramas but this one is an exception! I laugh like every other minute and my mother now thinks I'm crazy. I'm waiting for the next episode to be subbed...

I am up to episode 4and agree about the laugh factor.....These ppl are truly outrageous, and they make me smile.

Cannot wait to find out about the murders and what the villagers are hiding....Now it looks like the crazy corp man and his loud daughter are going to the village to????  Is this crazy or what ? :wacko:

I see that epis 5-6 are almost subbed.  Yay!

Guest hookedonmonix

I'm kinda bummed that the math guy is going to (according to the character descriptions) fall for the Winnie-Cooper-like girl (ten points to anyone old enough to know who I'm referring to).   I was hoping for sparkage between him and the girl who punched him.  Given their initial distaste for each other, they seemed tailor made to fall in love.

Guest hookedonmonix

Wonder Year's reference aside it's better that he'd fall for her than say Na Young or Bok Soon (President's daughter). What I don't get is they've gone to all the trouble of making a marriage agreement between Eun Joo (Winnie Cooper) and Ji Min to the point where the drunken proposal kind of sprouted actual feelings to some extent for Ji Min so if they go ahead with Min Sung pursuing her there should be at least a little push-pull between these two before they settle in on the pairing.

Whoops, my inability to remember names interfered with my ability to communicate.  I was likening Na Young to Winnie Cooper, as I think she has a very similar look about her.  His (min sung's) bio on page one said:

"He is known as a genius Wall Street fund managers. But he gets struck by lightning on a certain morning and starts to change. He forms a love line with a mysterious girl "Oh Na Young" after he was dispatched to work in Saengchori. "  

That's what I was bummed about.  I was rooting for a pairing between Min Sung and Eun Joo, but the character bio told me not to hold out hope.   However, now your reply has restored that hope.  I may have been relying on the character bios and series overview a little too much, and willfully ignoring the k-drama laws of attraction.  I try hard not to ship losing pairs.  It's too painful.

Wonder Year's reference aside it's better that he'd fall for her than say Na Young or Bok Soon (President's daughter). What I don't get is they've gone to all the trouble of making a marriage agreement between Eun Joo (Winnie Cooper) and Ji Min to the point where the drunken proposal kind of sprouted actual feelings to some extent for Ji Min so if they go ahead with Min Sung pursuing her there should be at least a little push-pull between these two before they settle in on the pairing.

As much as I love the Yoo character, she is not stable.  He has the responsibility for 12 lives whereas she cannot get a handle on one---her own.  I cannot see her as a competent companion for the cpa guy.  And NY looks like a kid.  How old is she supposed to be if making a love interest with the cpa guy?:blink: 

None of the characters are "stable" in the ordinary sense, the show is very much like an free range mental ward just minus the Lincoln and Napoleon humor.

I don't really have a problem with Min Sung falling for Na Young per se, it just seem to be a bit silly at this point. We would all kind of expect him to fall for her since he's vulnerable and they both spend a great deal of time together. Unfortunately neither character seems to be mature nor dare I say smart enough to do anything beyond complain (Min Sung) and/or acceptance (Na Young).

I'm still a little flabbergasted by the fact that we're 8 episodes into the series and we're still struggling with Min Sung's downward spiral, given that we 12 episodes remaining I'm hopeful that things will be revealed sooner and not later.

On a lighter note, I guess, does anyone find Park Kyu (the President) a tad annoying? He's seems to be in a constant rush to nowhere.

Archived