Israeli vampire drama "Split"

Guest Crichton

Guest dancee.ellx

wow! thanks for sharing with us this drama!

i've always been into such fantasies, especially vampires, ever since i was young.. so i definitely would not pass up on a chance to watch this. i watched it a few days ago and stopped at episode 14.. i am not going to continue watching until the uploader has uploaded a few more episodes. not that im forcing her to quickly upload (she is already very quick at translating and uploading, kudos to her!), but im afraid that i will have nth to watch and will be left hanging and craving for more if i finish the available episodes.. xD

im absolutely in love with leo! he has the typical bad boy aura.. throw in the leather cloak (the school is cool for even allowing him to wear one, lol) and his 600 years as a vampire.. one word: HOT! and lol, this is my first time using 'hot' for somebody.. haha!

and omer, gosh...!! HE IS SO ADORABLE! i love his interaction with leo, especially on the fake date. xD i kept replaying the part where omer was trying to get into leo's character.. lol!

ella is a lovely girl and i like her, alot! she is really pretty~ ^^ her first time meeting leo made me laugh a lot, haha. up until where i've watched, i dont think that it has shown too much of how ella is a person. but now that she knows that she is adopted (but doesnt know yet about her true identity), im believing that it will slowly be more focused on her and show her development. =)

guy is also eyecandy-worthy, lol!

one thing i like about SPLIT is that it doesnt just focus on one character, but on all characters and how they each develop.. and hebrew is a lovely language! i've actually already picked up a lil vocab, haha! cant wait for season 2 to be uploaded too.. i heard that there will be a season 3 too..? :D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest woaini715

i'm waiting for 26 to come out :(

thanks for introducing the series to me :) leo and ella all the way<3

omer is adorable in his very boyish way. there's a scene where he's in the shop and he's wearing a tshirt with a mickey, donald duck and a bunch of other cartoons on it.

yeah leo is your typical bad boy. he actually looks like a combination of a few guys i know xD

i actually don't find zohar that pretty even though she's supposed to be the queen bee and stuff.

and ella is just gorgeous. unkempt brown hair, hardly any make up and bambi eyes.

btw, there's this book series called "the mortal instruments" by cassandra clare and there's these three characters (one girl, a best guy friend who she's known forever, and a new guy) and their relationship is so similar to leo, ella and omer's

Guest Crichton

iv just started seeing this...but wow...love it!!! thnx a lot fer giving info abt it here!!!

Oh I don't know if I did anybody any favors. I am suffering waiting between releases. Am seriously considering doing the Pimsleur Hebrew tapes. :tears: It's my own fault for getting ridiculously addicted.

Guest en-chan

I was bored the other day and decided to check this drama out and boy, was I hooked!

I love the interaction between Ella & Leo, and Leo and Omer. I also like how the storyline isn't as cheesy as Twilight or focuses so much on the romance.

Sighhhh now I must wait for more subs to come out. Hopefully it will soon!

Guest Ahiru77

1279332614738_f.jpg

Split - The series is about a 15-year-old girl named Ella Rosen (don't associate her with Bella though...this chick has way more common sense), who begins high school along with her best friend, Omer Teneh. Grin high school is managed by Amnon Grin, a cold and stone-hearted person, who is secretly the head of "The Order of Blood" - An order which was founded 1000 years ago, and its purpose is to cleanse the world of vampires. Ella is a confused girl. She is very shy and sure that nobody understands her. Ella is a split, the offspring of a vampire and a human, although she doesn't know it yet.

This is a great drama! I just discovered it and now am suffering waiting for the next subtitles. Some blessed soul who speaks Hebrew and English is releasing this series on Youtube. I can't seem to find much fandom online for it, so I wanted to share here. Even though it's a vampire series and those have become so trite, this is really original, funny, romantic, and suspenseful. The series of course starts when the main character meets the vampire, Leo, but it doesn't fall into maudlin stereotypes. For example, this exchange during their first interaction:

Ella(Thinking of a way to escape): "I need to pee."

Leo: "Well I need to drink blood! There's a bush over there!

Ella goes by the bush and grabs a stick, then charges Leo.

Leo bares his fangs,

Ella faints dead away.

Leopold 'Leo' Zachs (Yon Tumarkin) - A 600-years old vampire with the appearance of a high school student. He is the prophet's guardian. Assigned by Prophet Ardak to tell a young girl named Ella that she is a split, daughter of a vampire and a human. Leo does not like humans, But during the series he opens up and learns some new things. He at first attempts to tell her everything at once. But Ella, raised human, rejects and nearly dies from the magnitude of the truth. He is then charged by Ardak to slowly but firmly introduce Ella to the supernatural world. In these efforts Leo blackmails Ella's goofy but devoted best friend Omer.

You MUST WATCH the scene where Omer coaches Leo how to act around Ella by pretending to be her on a mock date. Hilarious.

There are two seasons already out, both 45 episodes long.

SplitTvSeries This channel has released Episodes 1-25, but whoever is doing the subtitling is going crazy fast. They seem to be consistantly releasing 2 episodes a week. Yay.

Here are some English subtitled Trailers for the Series on Youtube:

Split Series Trailer

Split Main Character Intro, Narrated by the charming Omer

30 Sec. Promo narrated by Ella

30 Sec. Promo narrated By Ella (saying a different enigmatic sentence)

30 Sec. Promo narrated by Leo

30 promo narrated by Omer

Split Season 2 Trailer I dunno if I recommend watching this - it looks awesome, but it made me more desperate for subtitles.:D

Another Season 2 Trailer Don't like for the same reason as above, lol.

Split Series Trailer Engish Dubbed Err...sounds awfully hokey.

Music Video Set to song Ella, Leo, Omer, and Niki perform on the show

Interview with main actors

Please join me in my new addiction! Here is a Wiki article that is the only scrap of info I could find about the series in English, except for comment after videos. It has main and supporting character info, as well as an overview of the terms and concept of the show.

This show is great. It has just the right feel to it.

Omer is awesome!!!!....singlehandedly shaking up the vampire council, teaching Leo how to behave and esspecialy the part in episode 23.

Thanks

Guest Crichton

This show is great. It has just the right feel to it.

Omer is awesome!!!!....singlehandedly shaking up the vampire council, teaching Leo how to behave and esspecialy the part in episode 23.

Thanks

Seriously! Omer is the awesome. I usually don't ever dig the second lead guy as much as the primary guy, but in this case, who can't help but be charmed by how funny and earnest this character is.

And I do think they set a really solid "tone" or feel to the series. However, now that I have seen all the available episodes, I cant help but feel that every episode is terribly short! I mean, in kdrama time, we are really on episode 10. Ah well.

Episode 26 subtitles is out! I am going to spend the next hour trying to make myself not watch it, but end up giving up. I just know it, : D.

I love that the teenage vampire actually looks like a teenager for once, in fact, he looks the youngest out of the whole cast.

I love Guy the best though.

Guest Crichton

ella is a lovely girl and i like her, alot! she is really pretty~ ^^ her first time meeting leo made me laugh a lot, haha. up until where i've watched, i dont think that it has shown too much of how ella is a person. but now that she knows that she is adopted (but doesnt know yet about her true identity), im believing that it will slowly be more focused on her and show her development. =)

guy is also eyecandy-worthy, lol!

one thing i like about SPLIT is that it doesnt just focus on one character, but on all characters and how they each develop.. and hebrew is a lovely language! i've actually already picked up a lil vocab, haha! cant wait for season 2 to be uploaded too.. i heard that there will be a season 3 too..? :D

Yes Season 3 is confirmed! It's interesting, because I have read that both previous seasons started in Mary, and it seems to end by august. And that's over 40 episodes each season.

I think at this point of the subtitled episodes, Ella is now going to be involved and more active in the vampire world. Up until this point, it has all been introduction and discovery, so I am excited to see more active happenings with the character.

I love Guy the best though.

Oh yeah, I have totally been remiss in the Guy props. That character is awesome. Really self-centered and supremely arrogant, but you can tell he really cares for his sister and parents. Some of my favorite scenes are when he is just hanging out and chatting with Ella. When he talks with the fenching peeps or with Zohar and Nikki he's completely different, though. More self-promoting and joking, but then he hangs with Ella and he all cool and understanding. And I think he might be the wittiest character of them all. His one liners are killer.

27 is out!!!! That subber is awesomeness. I have no control and ended up watching 26 and 27 at once instead of waiting for all the subs to come out like I always plan to.

Guest woaini715

hey, i got your pm but by then, i had already watched 26/27. thanks though ^_^

and this is random, but did you know that the dude who plays guy is 27 in real life? :o

and poor omer. everyone else seem to be getting together

Guest Crichton

hey, i got your pm but by then, i had already watched 26/27. thanks though ^_^

and this is random, but did you know that the dude who plays guy is 27 in real life? :o

and poor omer. everyone else seem to be getting together

27? That's a trip. No, I didn't know. He seems so young and adolescent. There is a scene in season 2 where Guy, Ella, and a new character all fall asleep on the couch in the Rosen's living room while watching tv. They all so young and cute curled up on the couch. It's really wierd to think that one of them is 27.

I think Omer is gonna be okay, he's too likable a character not to have a love story.

Can you believe the cliff hanger 27 leaves you on!? Too tormentful. :crazy:

Leo is hot :P

What? The actor who plays Guy is 27? OOO: oh wow, that didn't seem like it. Omg, so desperate to see ep 28. That kiss in ep 22 was so cute. The second one where Leo said he had to calm himself. I'm loving Omer's character. Really likeable but together with Ella? ngehh... Leo FTW! lol XD

Guest Crichton

The second one where Leo said he had to calm himself.

That moment was ridiculously swoon worthy.

I know what you mean, I fully acknowledge the many adorable ways of Omer, but I ship for Leo and Ella.

Am crazed for 28. I seriously need to learn Hebrew.

Guest itsblueskies

Wow thanks Crichton for introducing such a fresh series! I was doubtful whether I would enjoy an Israeli series but I love it so far! I'm enjoying this series far more than Twilight, which was badly written and terribly acted out/transferred to the big screen. I thought I would be totally over the whole vampire thing after Twilight, but I'm wrong! I love Split so far, and all the characters are likable and there is some humor in there. Leo and Ella are just love. Their interactions together are natural and sweet. I can't wait to see more. Thank goodness for the subtitles.

Just wondering, has season 2 finished broadcasting in Israel?

Guest Crichton

Wow thanks Crichton for introducing such a fresh series! I was doubtful whether I would enjoy an Israeli series but I love it so far! I'm enjoying this series far more than Twilight, which was badly written and terribly acted out/transferred to the big screen. I thought I would be totally over the whole vampire thing after Twilight, but I'm wrong! I love Split so far, and all the characters are likable and there is some humor in there. Leo and Ella are just love. Their interactions together are natural and sweet. I can't wait to see more. Thank goodness for the subtitles.

Just wondering, has season 2 finished broadcasting in Israel?

Yes, season two finished in August. You gotta check out the trailer. It looks like awesomeness. Season 3 is confirmed, and though I haven't read any official start date as of yet, both season 1 and 2 started in May. You can watch it raw here, but everything is in Hebrew so you have to feel your way around. I watched a couple season 2 episodes raw, but then made myself stop, because I am trying to be a mature person and not give into drama addiction.

It hasn't really worked yet, but I am still trying, LOL.

"Leo and Ella are just love. That is hecka cute. 100% in agreement. I can't wait to seem more progression in their story now. It feels like things in the plot are really accelerating now.

The humor is what keeps things fresh and interesting when the big moments aren't happening.

Twilight...eh... I think there's a lot of good ideas in that whole mythology, but when it came to execution of the writing...just bad. I do understand why people enjoy the themes of that first, all encompassing love so I respect Twilight fans. To each their own.

But it's Split for me. :wub:

Guest woaini715

27? That's a trip. No, I didn't know. He seems so young and adolescent. There is a scene in season 2 where Guy, Ella, and a new character all fall asleep on the couch in the Rosen's living room while watching tv. They all so young and cute curled up on the couch. It's really wierd to think that one of them is 27.

I think Omer is gonna be okay, he's too likable a character not to have a love story.

Can you believe the cliff hanger 27 leaves you on!? Too tormentful. :crazy:

yeah i just hope it comes out soon :)

i think nicky has or had a thing for omer, i'm not sure.

and i'm waiting for that intense kiss between leo and ella. :w00t:

btw how did you get into split anyway?

i don't like twilight at all. the characters are all 2 dimensional,vapid and in bella's case, kinda brainless. and i of course prefer leo to edward cuz edward is too darn perfect. leo's funny and quirky and so smooth with girls xD. he gets impatient and wouldn't throw away a chance to manipulate the situation

Guest Crichton

yeah i just hope it comes out soon :)

i think nicky has or had a thing for omer, i'm not sure.

and i'm waiting for that intense kiss between leo and ella. :w00t:

btw how did you get into split anyway?

i don't like twilight at all. the characters are all 2 dimensional,vapid and in bella's case, kinda brainless. and i of course prefer leo to edward cuz edward is too darn perfect. leo's funny and quirky and so smooth with girls xD. he gets impatient and wouldn't throw away a chance to manipulate the situation

Oh, the kiss in the promos? I totally forgot about that! Yeah..when is that coming?! Now I'm hyped for it too. I'm so tempted to go watch raws right now.

Yeah, Nicky and Omer do have chemistry - I saw this geat scene when I was watching the raws where Nicky and Omer seem to be judging Ella for something band related. Anyway, Leo stalks up to Nicky and Omer, yells at them and bares his fangs. Both Nicky and Omer are silent at first....then they burst out laughing at him simultaneously. They keep laughing at Leo and joking while he looks deflated.

Leo is one of the more "human" vampire characters ever thought up. No tortured waiting for true love and agonizing over immortality issues for that guy. He totally has that impatient, "waiting for the girlfriend to finish doing stupid girl stuff so we can focus on what I want" mentalities. Definitely manipulative - that part where Leo puts doll blood in Ella's drink to make her realize who she is faster, then stops her from drinking it after she compliments him! :rolleyes:

Getting into Split was an accident. I was trying to find the name of an actress in this old tv show called Blood Ties, and on the bottom of the IMDB page was a message board post titled, well... "Isreali vampire drama Split". Being the nerd I am - I clicked on it, but all it had was 2 posts, saying things like, "I liked it" and "I have the DVDs". No info on what it was about or the characters. From there I looked it up until I found the youtube channels and trailers and now I am scary addicted. Then I came here to share because I also have a kdrama problem. :sweatingbullets:

Guest itsblueskies

Yes, season two finished in August. You gotta check out the trailer. It looks like awesomeness. Season 3 is confirmed, and though I haven't read any official start date as of yet, both season 1 and 2 started in May. You can watch it raw here, but everything is in Hebrew so you have to feel your way around. I watched a couple season 2 episodes raw, but then made myself stop, because I am trying to be a mature person and not give into drama addiction.

I was actually really tempted to ask you for the link to watch season 2, but I had to control myself from spoiling it. I want to wait until there are subtitles (which will probably take a very long time). I watched some season 2 trailers and they all look good, looks like there are a lot of interactions between Leo & Ella :wub: .

Season 3 will most likely come out in May then? Wow- that is a long way.

And I would like to share a facebook page I found for Leo & Ella:

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Leo-and-Ella-Split-TV-Series/137138302985931?v=wall

It has many fanclips and pictures <3. And this is one of my favorite fanvids:

Archived