Israeli vampire drama "Split"

Guest Crichton

Guest Crichton

I'm addicted right now.

Sure beats the overhyped crappy vampire shows out there lately.

Welcome to the club! Don't feel bad, it really can't be helped. This series is one of those that acts like drama crack on the human psyche. Do what you can to mitigate the effect of addiction on your real life, my friend.

waoini715!

I am deeply suspicious about this taro tot icecream. :huh: It can't really exist, can it? :D But that scene was absolute Sushi cuteness.

Poor, poor Omer. Even as a die hard Leo and Ella fan, I tried to be objective, and think of Omer as a love interest - even a secondary love interest. But the couple of times I have seen them kiss, I couldn't help but get that bizzarro "why are the brother and sister kissing" feeling. Omer really does have charisma as a love interest - I just can't make myself believe it with Ella no matter how hard I try.

Adorable, other wordly-wise, misguided Rafeal - you must stop encouraging Omer's doomed adoration!

I tried that Cassandra Clare book you mentioned - but so far have only skimmed the first one 'cause I was busy. I will give it a proper go sometime soon. Thanks for the recommend.

i can't wait for the next episode.

nicki: what's wrong with you?

leo: it's an emotional kind of illness.

The poor guy looks completely wrecked and broken, and my heart still wooped at the smallest sign of the Ella and Leo connection. :wub: I hope they're not seperated. SPLIT seems to go through an ebb and flow - a lot of Leo and Ella scenes, then none for a couple of episodes, then back again. :o

I gotta say, even though I don't really find Zohar's storylines terribly interesting - I do admire the character herself. She is very strong and independant. There's a certain selfishness (note dropping Nikki), but I think she has a strong moral center and a confidence few women have. The actress could have just played a one note "pretty, popular, and mean" thing we have seen so often before, but I think the character is really dimensional.

Oh, I forgot, my favorite moment from 31 would be

Leo: Do you know the feeling when everything falls to the right place? Like the air is lighter when everything comes together?

Ella: I'm starting to feel it.

Leo: Be careful, it's addictive

Ella(in her thoughts): I-

Leo(in his thoughts): I feel the same towards you.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest woaini715

^i'm sure sushi flavored ice cream doesn't exist either LOL

i think guy and zohar's scheme to make sushi a newer confident man is just blehhh. i mean, who break up with their bf/gf just to make their friend more confident by making the friend date their love interest?!

oh you're checking out the mortal instruments?

there's all these supernatural creatures in the series too. and now that i think about it, the three characters are almost mirror reflections of leo, omer and ella (personality wise)

Just watched 32!

Man this show is really not good for my health haha :P

I'm itching to find out what will happen to leo!

does anyone else find guy a bit annoying?

Guest dancee.ellx

i just watched episode 32!

haha, i was supposed to bathe but i decided to watch it and wooosh, it's 2.14am here already. o_o yeah, this is what SPLIT does to me... but it's an addiction that im glad i have~ lol!

i dont know, but i really like how guy really genuinely cares for and loves ella. although he does tease ella excessively (like all older brothers do), he always shows his concern for her. but yeah, in a very 'unique' way, lol... from when they were finding out about the truth of her adoption to covering up for ella when she sneaked out at night to looking for her whenever he needs someone to talk to.

guy: you usually just let me talk and talk and talk until i get tired and go back to my room.

i dont know, but this actually shows a lot. and that little affectionate gesture of rubbing her head just before he left her room... :wub: i wish i have an older brother to dote on me like that too! minus the teasing, lol.

and hmm? about leo.. at first i thought that he had that emotional pain (a heartbreak?) because he thought that ella was dead or hurt... remember ardak said that a vampire can die from a heartbreak? yeah... but after watching what happened next, it doesnt seem so. it seemed as though the people who got to the rozen's house managed to 'shoot' leo? they were holding gun-lookalikes when they went to look for him, so yeah... poor leo. :(

and oh no! next episode, nicky gets possessed by carmel! it'd be nice to see our nice nicky as a wild and bad girl... though technically, it isnt her. lol. and sushi beating guy o_o

i cant wait for the next episode!!!

Guest woaini715

I'm uploading a new episode today wink.gif

thank you thank you thank you:)

i love guy and ella's bonding momemts xD look at them giving eachother advice.

oh no, leo's in trouble. save him ella!

i think everything's going to get worst when nicki's posessed

Guest Crichton

I feel silly saying this, but Leo's violent reaction to seeing the bullet was really sweet.

No one else seems to be confused by this, but I am totally clueless as to why Leo was sick? Was he shot? It didn't look like it to me, but maybe that is part of the crazy fast movement thing...I'm baffled.

^i'm sure sushi flavored ice cream doesn't exist either LOL

i think guy and zohar's scheme to make sushi a newer confident man is just blehhh. i mean, who break up with their bf/gf just to make their friend more confident by making the friend date their love interest?!

This whole storyline just gets more incredulous . From the start, it was very illogical, but the whole thing where Guy tries to let Sushi down by saying "Zohar is in a high league, and you should be happy because you can always remember that you were in a higher league for a short time" - it was like watching a train wreck. Poor Sushi is going to be way more crushed than he was before they enacted this plan. Oi, it makes me understand the Rosen Parents when they're all "Oh Guy!

Man this show is really not good for my health haha

I'm itching to find out what will happen to leo!

does anyone else find guy a bit annoying?

Oh you've lost me on that one my friend. As silly as I might find the Sushi/Zohar/Guy storyline, I found Guy to be crazy adorable with Ella this episode. They have such a natural and caring relationship - it comes across just beautifully in their scenes together. I love the part where he's trying to talk to Zohar, and she's humming and running her hand over him like an excorcist or something. It was a great moment for both characters. My favorite quote from this episode has to be:

Guy: Sister, I don't know what you think you're doing, but I can only focus on one girl at a time.

i love guy and ella's bonding momemts xD look at them giving eachother advice.

The advice thing is kind of a surprise! Not with Ella - her personality is that of wise, old soul despite her youth. He has his blonde moments (to Niki, "Didn't we have an encounter?"). But even when Guy is wisecracking, his take on any given situation is suprising insightful. Like, when he knew to get Guy when Ella was having trouble or his understanding of what is going on between them now.

Milana - Thank you O Great Deliverer of Joy! Really, it was very kind of you to give us this one so quickly after 31 and 30.

Oh you've lost me on that one my friend. As silly as I might find the Sushi/Zohar/Guy storyline, I found Guy to be crazy adorable with Ella this episode. They have such a natural and caring relationship - it comes across just beautifully in their scenes together. I love the part where he's trying to talk to Zohar, and she's humming and running her hand over him like an excorcist or something. It was a great moment for both characters. My favorite quote from this episode has to be:

Guy: Sister, I don't know what you think you're doing, but I can only focus on one girl at a time.

lol maybe it's just me than. Don't get me wrong i like guy alot but sometimes his confidence makes me squirm? :P

Man, I got sucked into watching the raws of split... which wasn't a very good idea. Because I ventured onto season 2 and am left hanging because I have no clue about whats going on!! :sweatingbullets:

BTW, thanks Milana.! for uploading split episodes so fast!! :)

Guest woaini715

I'm uploading a new episode today!!!!! tongue.gif

I'm sure you'll love it...

you're the best:)

i swear, guy always get the best lines xD "i can only focus one one girl at a time".

the sushi beating guy scene was pretty harsh and difficult to watch. and arghhh carmel is back. makes me sick seeing leo with someone else.

i can already tell that there is going to be a whole series of miscommunications

and the actress who plays nicki does a pretty good imitation of a bad/crazy chick

Guest Crichton

I'm uploading a new episode today!!!!! tongue.gif

I'm sure you'll love it...

Aaaggghhh! THANK YOU! LOL. w00t.gifw00t.gif This really makes silly fans like me so happy! Thanks for making today so much fun.

I'm off to go watch.

i swear, guy always get the best lines xD "i can only focus one one girl at a time".

the sushi beating guy scene was pretty harsh and difficult to watch. and arghhh carmel is back. makes me sick seeing leo with someone else.

i can already tell that there is going to be a whole series of miscommunications

and the actress who plays nicki does a pretty good imitation of a bad/crazy chick

Yeah, I feel like the last 4 episodes or so have had great moments for the Guy character. The Ella revelations were fascinating and really propelled the story, but Guy has really come into his own in these episodes. I kind of forgot, but as missM noted (love your avatar missM!), his arrogance use to make me want to roll my eyes (his callous treatment toward standing Niki up for example). I think the writers took time to redeem Guy recently and make his character shine a little more than before.

WHAT?! Leo with someone else?!? :o NO! I hate her already! :P:lol:

I am so psyched to go watch Niki be bad! 'kay, now I really am off to go get my SPLIT fix. :D

EDIT:In the middle of watching commentary - dancee.elix

Oohh...you were right, he was shot...guess he couldn't tell Niki "I was shot with a silver bullet by the Order of the Blood in Ella's living room and no one heard the six soldiers break into the house and start shooting even though Guy and Ella were in the next room". LOL. Okay, am off to go watch Amnon torture poor Leo.

Just finished. uck, woaini you were right about the Sushi beating Guy up scene. That was almost shockingly realistic - very effecting. I expected to be more mad at Guy when this whole plan came crashing down, but I felt myself liking both Guy and Sushi more during that scene. :huh: Great acting.

Cue Carmel entrance - that actress who plays Niki has got SKILLS. The whole gorgeous skanky bad chick thing was quite believable. I was worried the transition would be hokey, but from the first crazy grin at Phaton, that actress owned the Carmel personality. Am really looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I love the use of the braces to emphasize the personality change - so much more interesting than the played out glasses to contacts makeover....

I kind of liked the Amnon and Micheal little bits. I enjoy the characterization of the parents in SPLIT. Actually I really love how dimensional and disctinctive all the characters have turned out to be.

During the preview of the next episode when Omer says - "He does the same thing again. He says he'll be back soon and then disappears." - I was like "Hey!", but then I realized he had point. :rolleyes: But I am glad that Ella's not getting made this time, that would just make the Leo disappeances even more annoying.

Guest woaini715

btw, this isn't the first time that these actors are working together. the actors who play sushi, ella and zohar were all in the israeli production of high school musical! lol, isn't that funny?

and the dudes who played sushi, guy and omer were in another drama too.

Guest Crichton

LOL. I have seen the pics of the SPLIT characters as High School Musical characters - it's so WIERD! And they look so much younger - come to think of it, they probabaly look more like the ages they are suppose to be in SPLIT. Sushi and Ella as love interests is multi-level wrong. :P:D

Have you seen the pic of Guy as the main character in the Grease musical? Oh the hair gel issues. It totally distorts my sense of SPLIT reality.... :wacko:

btw, this isn't the first time that these actors are working together. the actors who play sushi, ella and zohar were all in the israeli production of high school musical! lol, isn't that funny?

and the dudes who played sushi, guy and omer were in another drama too.

aw i find it cute!

how do you find anything about the actors? I can never find out much about the actors because they never show up much on search results. T.T

Is it true amit and yon use to date before? People were saying that all over split fanvideos on youtube.

edit:

HSM Israeli Vers.

LOL I spy the actors who play zohar, ella, and sushi haha

Guest Crichton

The formidable Milana has a website with great graphics...and the songs to download!

SplitTvSeries Website

In some of the pics of the actors who play Leo and Ella outside of work, they look pretty intimate. I read somewhere that they broke up - but my info is only from commentaries in those same vidoes, so it's none too reliable.

Here's one of my fave pics of the SPLIT cast (major Guy spoiler in pic):

pls1033001a.jpg

Here's the wierdness of the High School Musical thing -

hsmpartofmesodb.jpg

MissM - UUghh. I feel shellshocked. I just finished watching the youtube link you posted. It's such a departure from SPLIT - First I was like crazy.gif , then as the dancing and singing continued I was like :wacko: , and by the end I had settled into :blink: . But then I made the mistake of clinking a link to watch Zohar do a duet with her character's brother in HSM and I went back to crazy.gif. LOL. I can just imagine Leo's first day of school in the HSM world, ROFLMAO. I can just see him trying to get Ella to accept she's a vampire while she's singing with Sushi in the halls. :lol:

Guest woaini715

yeah they really are out of character in HSM xD

ROFLMAO. I can just see him trying to get Ella to accept she's a vampire while she's singing with Sushi in the halls. :lol:

i agree 100%

I'm on Episode 32 right now, I can't believe that I got through 31 episodes for the past 5 days! I can't believe that I didn't see this on TV5 when it aired in the Philippines. It's amazing that they can sing, their songs are pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived