Israeli vampire drama "Split"

Guest Crichton

Guest woaini715

OMG! I'm so addicted to this drama, it reminds me a lot of the Mortal Instruments trilogy, especially Leo's character. He is soo much like Jace ...I love it! Leo and Ella<3 can't wait for the next episodes....I hope you upload season 2 Milana...you are AWESOME!!

^ lol! this is so funny! i mentioned to the forum poster that split is similar to mortal instruments too!

girl thinks she's human and unwillingly gets sucked into magical world by handsome cocky stranger (annoyed w/ her at first but becomes rivals with her dorky best friend for her feelings)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ginachan

^ lol! this is so funny! i mentioned to the forum poster that split is similar to mortal instruments too!

girl thinks she's human and unwillingly gets sucked into magical world by handsome cocky stranger (annoyed w/ her at first but becomes rivals with her dorky best friend for her feelings)

yes!!...Leo is exactly the way I imagined Jace to be like. this is my 1st Israeli drama and I'm enjoying it.

Guest woaini715

^actually, jace is blond, but the only blond is zohar...who's a girl LOL xD his attitude is very jace-like tho :) and clary's supposed to be redhead, but almost everyone on the show is brunette. omer is like simon...only without glasses.

39 just came out!

These last couple of episodes have been going very slowly,

hopefully the pace will quicken up soon!

The preview for 40 looks pretty intense.

Especially when guy is yelling at ella!

Guest missM.

I decided to upload another episode, so there are going to be 2 new episodes today!!

Enjoy and share your thoughts :D

OOo! a new year's treat! thanks so much milana :)

Guest Crichton

Oh Wow. With the holidays and all, I haven't really sat down and watched Split in while. I just finished 38 and the beginning of 39. So Sad.

Omer is really a remarkable friend to have. Cutting his own hand in front of Guy!

I love how even though Guy is half delirious from the transition and thirst, his wit is still deeply rooted - "If you guys are going to play Doctor and Nurse, I should leave." Crazed and wracked with pain, Guy is still Guy.

But the part that got me was the "I want my Mom." That's such a poignant and "real" response. Really shows a caliber of writing that's a notch above what we've seen on this show before, I think. It was a simple and very human moment. And is was delivered beautifully by the actor.

'kay. I'm off to watch the rest. :D

• 2 weeks later...

So I justed watched the new episode. Lol I always happen to stumble onto a new episode whenever I check!

I'm super confused about Leo. So was the whole thing Carmen was because he wanted her or just to get her back into the mirror? Agghh!! this episode makes me super frustrated at him, because he gets to walk back into Ella's life just like that. The slapping scene in the preview for episode 43 look hilarious! ;)

Guest Crichton

So I justed watched the new episode. Lol I always happen to stumble onto a new episode whenever I check!

I'm super confused about Leo. So was the whole thing Carmen was because he wanted her or just to get her back into the mirror? Agghh!! this episode makes me super frustrated at him, because he gets to walk back into Ella's life just like that. The slapping scene in the preview for episode 43 look hilarious! ;)

Yes! That is exactly what I was thinking. I feel like I missed something. Leo totally insulted Ella with his "I don't have time to save the world with little girls" thing. And I get why he did it and still love Leo, but the fact that Ella isn't even "Hey, you were a jerk for a little while, what was up?" or even "So, how is Nicki doing after she was possessed by a vampire and she became uncharacteristically pyschotic?" is utterly bizarre. How come Leo hasn't asked about how Guy is doing? That's a huge development.

Well, in any case, I am excited to see the plot move forward and to see the end of Leo and Ella separation. I think Ella trying to use Omer to move on from Leo was a mistake on her part - but I don't think it'll hurt Omer as much as I thought it would. I think Omer kind of has a sense of where Ella's head really is.

Zohar shooting Nikki was just funny!

Also, finding out that the therapist was Nicki's mom was hilarious as well. : D I almost wish we could have seen the mom try to talk to Nikki while she was possesed by the skanky Carmen. I would have loved to see her approach. "Violence is allowed in youth, but I must defend myself, so I electrocuted your son." That was just fun.

I find myself unexpectedly really enjoying Jamon's scenes as head of the council. Finally, someone in the head of the council who displays common sense. Sometimes even Ardack bothered me because I felt he could have cleared things up by just communicating a little more and not letting his brother speak for him. Jamon really seems invested in keeping the vampire peace and listening to all the parties involved before acting.

LOL. I have to got back and watch more thoroughly now. I only fast forwarded through the most interesting parts because I was finishing a project - I am going back now to relax and enjoy. We're so CLOSE to the end!

THANK YOU SO MUCH MILANA!!!!!!!!!! You are a rock star forever for sharing the SPLIT awesomeness for us poor sods who would have never been able to experience it if it weren't for you. : D

Guest woaini715

i just saw 43! :D thanksssss

a garlic gun...is that nuts or what? :w00t::blink:

i'm happy guy's found a new mentor/friend to show him the way. he's getting powerful and in control awfully fast ("tell me it's ardak, tell me it's ardak! yesssssss!")

ella and omer don't belong together. the chemistry is all wrong >_<

and that part where leo is leaning in and he says "tell me to stop and i will" and she can't bring herself to say it but thinks "tell him to stop, tell him to stop!"

and yes, nicky's mom is quite a nut job :blink: she's a therapist yet she's orally fixated on food. it seem like the only way to keep her on track and get her to speak coherently is to give her food xD

and am i the only one who thought that the scene where omer tries to shoo sushi away hilarious?

Guest Crichton

and am i the only one who thought that the scene where omer tries to shoo sushi away hilarious?

Wait, what? Agghh... I missed that! I wanna see it - sounds hecka cute! MUST LEAVE NOW to go find above moment. (That's what I get for skimming). Bye guys!

Guest Crichton

WOW! Milana, thank you so much. You are awesome! You just sent me over the moon. I swear I am not trying to sound like a suck up all the time, but it's so generous of you too keep this up for us all.

It's so close to the end, I can't believe it. I am kinda sad.

woaini715 - Thanks for the tip on the Omer-Sushi cuteness.

Sushi isn't in the second season! I will miss his goofy sweetness

Aack, now I'm sad again.

Totally agree with about the Guy scenes - it's cool to see him jazz off on being a vampire in such a typical Guy fashion.

I couldn't even ENJOY that Leo and Ella moment because I was still miffed that she wasn't more mad at him for ditching her for awhile - it just didn't make sense! But it's okay, I am still Leo and Ella hardcore. I will just have to make myself get over it so I can enjoy my fave pair again.

I am off to go stalk Milana's channel!

Guest Crichton

OMG!!! That was a trip. SO much happened!

I don't know why I never thought Omer would ever try to be made into a vampire! That totally threw me even though it makes sense - he desperately wants to help Ella, he's got a big hang up over the advantages Leo has, and he's stuck watching Ella get sucked into the vampire world. It really makes sense, but I never saw it coming.

I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen, but that scene still made my heart sigh for Omer.

I feel like they are not really explaining much in regards to the mythology, but maybe that's because there is more to come. Where does the Doll-Bar fountain come from? Why must the Prophet be the only one with access to the Doll-Bar?

"You must always be yourself" - Well, I never thought it would happen, but stupid Phaton won me over. I think that line is the essence of his character. Phaton was always trying to be something else, he couldn't accept himself for what he was. He wanted to be Ardack, he wanted to be a vampire... This relentless desire only drove Phaton to his end. But he manned up in the end and accepted himself and his fate.

The scene where Phaton gets annoyed at Omer for crying while he was trying to shoot him was funny.

Guy was just plain stupid to bring a starving vampire into his home and then just leave. There is no excuse for that kind of thinking - or lack therof. I confess, the previews had me exasperated with Guy for a bit - he's a great brother and terribly witty, but kind of jerk when he's mad or frustrated. Typical guy, I guess, pun not intended. :D

I am back to squeeing over Leo and Ella again:

Ella: There's something in this place.

Leo: It's not this place, haven't you got that already? It's something in you.

Omer: You just don't want to lose your superiority.

Leo: I can't do it.

Omer: But I want you to do it.

Leo: I can't do this to Ella! She will never forgive me.

I didn't think it was terribly clever to have the exit of the Doll Bar fountain be the orphanage. They deduce the location in less than a minute, but they couldn't have tried looking before then? I mean, it's really obvious. It's the Prophet's home, it's a critical place for Ella - it just doesn't make sense that they would have thought of it before now, but I am just quibbling over the small stuff.

I can't wait to see what happens next. The parents reaction to Ella and Guy, how things end with Ella, the Doll-Bar fountain, and Dima (that was kick!)...and the Ella/Leo/Omer things as well!

Edit: News for Cassandra Clare "Mortal Instrument" fans...

Pettyfer In Talks For "Mortal Instruments"

British hunk Alex Pettyfer ("Beastly," "I Am Number Four") is expected to begin negotiations this week for the male lead role in the film adaptation of Cassandra Clare's supernatural novel series "The Mortal Instruments" at Screen Gems reports Vulture.

The first installment, "City of Bones", follows a ordinary teenage girl named Clary Fray (Lily Collins) who learns she is the descendent of the Shadowhunters, a clan of demon hunters who track and kill the creatures who run loose on the streets of New York City

Pettyfer would play sarcastic Shadowhunter Jace Wayland, the love interest of the lead with a terrible secret. Scott Charles Stewart ("Priest") directs with plans to begin shooting in March should a deal be made with Pettyfer.

Jessica Postigo will adapt the script while Robert Kulzer, Michael Lynne and Robert Shaye will produce.

Archived