Israeli vampire drama "Split"

Guest Crichton

Guest Crichton

Blows Twilight and Vampire Diaries out of the water!
1279332614738_f.jpg

Split - The series is about a 15-year-old girl named Ella Rosen (don't associate her with Bella though...this chick has way more common sense), who begins high school along with her best friend, Omer Teneh. Grin high school is managed by Amnon Grin, a cold and stone-hearted person, who is secretly the head of "The Order of Blood" - An order which was founded 1000 years ago, and its purpose is to cleanse the world of vampires. Ella is a confused girl. She is very shy and sure that nobody understands her. Ella is a split, the offspring of a vampire and a human, although she doesn't know it yet.

This is a great drama! I just discovered it and now am suffering waiting for the next subtitles. Some blessed soul who speaks Hebrew and English is releasing this series on Youtube. I can't seem to find much fandom online for it, so I wanted to share here. Even though it's a vampire series and those have become so trite, this is really original, funny, romantic, and suspenseful. The series of course starts when the main character meets the vampire, Leo, but it doesn't fall into maudlin stereotypes. For example, this exchange during their first interaction:

Ella(Thinking of a way to escape): "I need to pee."

Leo: "Well I need to drink blood! There's a bush over there!

Ella goes by the bush and grabs a stick, then charges Leo.

Leo bares his fangs,

Ella faints dead away.

Leopold 'Leo' Zachs (Yon Tumarkin) - A 600-years old vampire with the appearance of a high school student. He is the prophet's guardian. Assigned by Prophet Ardak to tell a young girl named Ella that she is a split, daughter of a vampire and a human. Leo does not like humans, But during the series he opens up and learns some new things. He at first attempts to tell her everything at once. But Ella, raised human, rejects and nearly dies from the magnitude of the truth. He is then charged by Ardak to slowly but firmly introduce Ella to the supernatural world. In these efforts Leo blackmails Ella's goofy but devoted best friend Omer.

You MUST WATCH the scene where Omer coaches Leo how to act around Ella by pretending to be her on a mock date. Hilarious.

There are two seasons already out, both 45 episodes long.

SplitTvSeries This channel has completed Season 1 and up to Episode 7 in Season 2. Yay.

SplitTvSeries Website This is the great website of the one and only Milana, the generous person who subtitles and uploads Split for us. It's got a ton of info, pics, and music from the series to download.

Here are some English subtitled Trailers for the Series on Youtube:

Split Series Trailer

Split Main Character Intro, Narrated by the charming Omer

30 Sec. Promo narrated by Ella

30 Sec. Promo narrated By Ella (saying a different enigmatic sentence)

30 Sec. Promo narrated by Leo

30 promo narrated by Omer

Split Season 2 Trailer I dunno if I recommend watching this - it looks awesome, but it made me more desperate for subtitles.:D

Another Season 2 Trailer Don't like for the same reason as above, lol.

Split Series Trailer Engish Dubbed Err...sounds awfully hokey.

Music Video Set to song Ella, Leo, Omer, and Niki perform on the show

Interview with main actors

Please join me in my new addiction! Here is a Wiki article that is the only scrap of info I could find about the series in English, except for comment after videos. It has main and supporting character info, as well as an overview of the terms and concept of the show.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ThIsMySn

i clicked on the the link just to hear what they sounded like, but now i can't stop watching. i think i'm hooked.

the only problem i have with it so far is Ella doesn't look 15, maybe 18 the youngest.

but i do like Lio, really cute.

Guest Crichton

the only problem i have with it so far is Ella doesn't look 15, maybe 18 the youngest.

Oh, you know you're right, she does look older! She's really pretty though.

I am glad someone else is getting addicted too. I meant to just check it out Monday night, and ended up staying late watching this! I skimmed it all the way to 23 because I have a lot of work this week. But I plan to go back and watch it slowly, 'cause I think I missed some good parts. The supporting characters are really interesting too. Even though they fit certain stereotypes, like Sushi, the popular jerk, they turn out to be more multi-faceted.

I think Hebrew is very melodic. For some reason it reminds me of French even though I know they are not related.

this is airing in my country already

i had no idea it was from Israel (its dubbed in portuguese here, so i couldnt know)

i have watched some episodes and is kinda cool

the lead girl really is no bella at all

she is much more coller and edge

Guest mei-able

waiting for ep 24!!!!! ahhhhhhh i love it!! ( i wont say, it blows vampire D away)

i love the part where they acted out the fake date.. (leo and omer) hahahahah.. i love it...

Guest Crichton

totally loving all the scenes with Lio and Ohmer.

Ohmer is just to cute and Lio, well he's just hot.

Seriouisly, Ohmer and Lio have just as much chemistry as Lio and Ella! I really enjoy how even though Ohmer is the dorky best friend, he is still cute and charming . But I prefer Lio, of course, LOL.

waiting for ep 24!!!!! ahhhhhhh i love it!! ( i wont say, it blows vampire D away)

i love the part where they acted out the fake date.. (leo and omer) hahahahah.. i love it...

I laughed so hard during that scene I ran out of breath. At first, I really couldn't believe what I was seeing. :D I think this youtube channel -SplitTvSeries - will have Ep. 24 out before the other one. It seems to release at least 2 episodes a week.

the lead girl really is no bella at all

she is much more coller and edge

Yes, I have no idea why they named the character Ella, it was bound to put people in mind of Bella (I like Twilight, actually, I just think it's dorky too). And I saw some of the promo pics for Season 2, and it looks like the poster of New Moon and Eclipse - I dunno, maybe it's a publicity thing or a genuine coincidence. From what little I have seeen of Season 2 stuff, it's still nothing like Twilight. Ah Well.

Guest Crichton

Favorite quotes so far:

Ella: Vampires don’ exist, only in movies. They are not real

Leo: So what am I, an owl?

Omer: Ella, I was on the internet all night long.

Ella: Omer, there are things which I don’t wanna to know.

Omer: Not that. You get literature for that.

Omer: I was online the internet all night long.

Leo: You know you’re not allowed to enter those websites, you’re not 18.

Omer: I can’t believe you said that to her, why didn’t you apologize?

Leo: You ruined our date. You should apologize.

Omer: I tried to apologize and you… God, you’re so rude! I don’t get what they see in you.

Leo: I’m awesome.

Guest mei-able

HAHAHAHAHHA..

leo's ego is totally a PLUS!

i'm just wondering, if this series that is playing in israeli a CW type show or like disney type show?

Guest hihi_hehe

Finished first 4 episodes yesterday

And I love it! Leo is such a hot vampire, really cute!

Ella is not thing like Bella, huh?

Kekeke ... but it seems that the girl, Niki I think, a tall girl has glasses on, she is also a vampire?

Guest Crichton

i'm just wondering, if this series that is playing in israeli a CW type show or like disney type show?

Well, I'm hardly an authority, but in my opinion I would say it is more CW. You don't see it in the subtitled episodes yet, but from the raws I have seen of the later half of Season 1 and Season 2, the characters make out left and right, lol. There is more of an adult aproach to the character interactions. Though I am pretty sure we'll never see a bed scene, it's still not really Disney material.

On a side note, I heard that the girl who plays Ella played Gabriella in the Israeli version of High School Musical. That's wierd. I have seen her sing in this series, but the song was more serious that that type of stuff.

but it seems that the girl, Niki I think, a tall girl has glasses on, she is also a vampire?

I heard later in the seriers Niki get's possessed by a vampire, and turns crazy mean and beautiful. And everyone freaks out.

I am so looking forward to that. Plus I really enjoy what little I have seen of the Sushi and Niki stuff.

And yeah, I really don't think Ella is anything like Bella (well, their names ryhme :D). I mean, Ella rejects Leo and vampires at first and seems to have a good dose of common sense and a sense of self preservation. Bella, during the same point in her story, is like.."I decided I don't care". They seems like really disparate heroines to me. If anything Ella seems more comparable to Buffy, quieter and with a cooler head on her shoulders. But to each their own. I am so goofily glad that other people are enjoying my new addiction.

Guest Crichton

wow thanks to you i am hooked on this show o__________0

i've never watched israeli shows before lol

Me either! The language sounds really pretty. It seems pretty great so far. I would check out more stuff if it was possible, but I can barely find info for Split. Having such complete access to Korean dramas has spoiled me.

I am happy you are enjoying it. I am hooked too! That fast subber has released episode 23. It's only a matter of time before 24 comes out...I can't decide if I should stop watching and wait until it is subbed all the way, or if I should just greedily watch each episode as it is subtitled. It's a choice between two different kinds of suspenseful torture!

I only hope the subber keeps going. I can't find DVDs or downloads anywhere for Split even if I wanted to watch it raw. The raw episodes are streamed at the official website, but I can't even navigate it because...you know, it's in Hebrew. And I have serious doubts the official dvds are english subtitled. It makes me grateful there are so many subbing groups for korean, tiawanese, and japanese dramas.

Guest Crichton

Oh I like the synopsis, it sounds refreshing.

I like how they used the idea of vampires in a different perspective.

Yes, I agree, they have madee a really interesting world. The vampires have a lot of different strengths and weaknesses and lore. It makes for a lot of good story. And I like how in this story, the newcomer aka Ella, already has ties to that world.

Oh, the first third of Ep. 24 is up here SplitTvSeries. Oi, it's so ridiculous of me to become addicted to a television show like this. :sweatingbullets: I am going to go try not to watch it, then probably give in 5 minutes from now.

Here are some more favorite lines:

Guy: I told her everything you told me to say.

Sara: And?

Guy: And she’s really great now. She’s dancing like Mary Poppins with her umbrella.

Amnon: Moshe? Moshe, what are doing?

Sushi: Eh…this is not what you think it is… I wasn’t… I wasn’t looking. I was just keeping an eye on this room.

Amnon: Do you know how many kings fell because of that in history? Their enemies were peaking into their womens’ room…that was forbidden and that’s how all the schemes started. Moshe. Big doors will open to you if you just listen. Just listen.

Sushi: So…should I peek or not? I didn’t get it.

Leo: I don’t have time for your nonsense. Our pretty friend is in danger tonight and you’re going to help me protect her. We’ll resolve our issues later.

Omer: I know she’s a Split.

Leo: Great for you. So if you don’t want to see half of her dead, you better move yourself. ::Leo notices Omer is wearing a suit:: It looks good on you. That’s shocking.

Sushi: I can’t. I’m taking this off. ::Sushi struggles to remove his tie as they dance at the prom::

Niki: Too bad. I think it looks pretty good.

Sushi: I can’t breathe with it.

Niki: If you suffocate, I’ll give you a kiss of life.

::Sush looks surprised, then grins and straightens the tie::

Ella: Don’t you think you’re going to fast?

Leo: This is the way we are.

Ella: The vampires?

Leo: You and I.

Guest woaini715

ha i hate vamps and all but i got hooked yesterday.

there's just this dorky/funny charisma that's present in here, not twilight.

i also like how there isn't huge amounts of airbrushing and editing involved :) it has this very clean and real look

Guest Crichton

ha i hate vamps and all but i got hooked yesterday.

there's just this dorky/funny charisma that's present in here, not twilight.

i also like how there isn't huge amounts of airbrushing and editing involved :) it has this very clean and real look

Yes, it actually took me a bit to adjust to how "real" it looked. I am just used to bright, glossy, and perfectly matching settings on tv shows. But now I can't imagine it any other way.

And I agree with the dorky/funny charisma thing - there is just a quirkiness to the character interaction and the scenes which adds to the overall tone. For example, in the first episodes when Omer throw water in the hall upon seeing Leo walk up....then a janitor mops it while Leo stares blankly and Ella looks embarrassed.

aah thanks for introducing this series! im addicted already xD watched all the subbed ones..i hope whoever's subbing will continue because i dont want to leave the series hanging! lol >.< cant even watch raw >.<

i love leo + omer interactions xD they're funny together

Guest Crichton

aah thanks for introducing this series! im addicted already xD watched all the subbed ones..i hope whoever's subbing will continue because i dont want to leave the series hanging! lol >.< cant even watch raw >.<

i love leo + omer interactions xD they're funny together

Oh, it's no thanks to me - thank heaven for people who do subtitles. : D

Leo and Omer together are hilarious - when they are getting along, when they are mad at each other...they are still funny.

I figured out how to watch the raws! The Offical Website has them. If a box pops up, I think it's asking for gender and age range, but mostly it doesn't pop up at all. But if it does, you have to look to the left hand side for the "Enter" button. Everything is at the left. I tried a couple, but it only makes you more suspenseful, LOL.

I watched 24. Phaton, as a villian, kills me way more then the Order of Blood peeps. He is so full of himself and he struts around w/ this sense of entitlement when he is the most clueless one there. And people seems to fall for his manipulations even though everyone knows he's greedy and grasping! It reminds me of how I felt about Lady Choi in Dae Jang Guem.

Archived