[drama 2006] Spring Waltz 봄의 왈츠

s@nbi

But the PD want to cast newbies who have Korean Wave Stars potential ...

miss, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion..i respect yours, so please respect mine also..okei..

i'm curious ... how is what she said ... not respecting your opinion? :unsure:

I'm curious too... She was just stating a fact. She's not disagreeing or anything... :unsure:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rainy75

Sorry to say this but Sung Yu Ri & Daniel Henney weren't that popular here in our country so this last installment will be having a hard time with Filipino K-drama fans..they should cast famous & talented stars in order to gain continent-wide acceptance in Asia..I'm not saying that they cast Choi Ji Woo, Bae Yong Jun &

Song Seung Hun for the nth time but they should choose fast-rising & more popular stars in order for K-drama fans to be attracted in watching this fourth ENDLESS LOVE SERIES installment..such a waste of money

they should cast stars like Han Chae Young & Jae Hee, my favorite drama couple..they rock for life!!! Hehe!!!

no wonder this thread is SO BARREN & EMPTY..Soompi forumers didn't like those stars..they never will!!!!!!!!!

But the PD want to cast newbies who have Korean Wave Stars potential ...

why shld the PD cast ppl who is popular only in 1 country ? Have u considered other countries? The PD is targetting Asia .. not only 1 country...

another thing is ... was JH and HCY famous in your country before they acted in Choon yang or choon yang was broadcasted in your country ?? Lots of soompiers never really heard of Jae Hee till he appeared Choon Yang Gal drama ...

U never know the new stars who are casted in this Spring Waltz wld turn up to be like Choon Yang Gal casts where it make Jae Hee well known now .. B)

How you know Soompi forumers never like those stars tht are casted? I'm sure there are ppl out there who like henny or sung yuri ..

and such a strong sentence " they never will .... " .... you are putting them down immediately ...

you havent given them a chance to prove ... henney needs more practice .. all new stars need time to polish up their acting skills ....

no-one starts off as a perfect actor ..

since i totally have no expectations whatsover of the 4th installment after finding winter sonata overrated (not saying it's a bad drama but just overrated imo) and being disappointed with summer scent ... maybe i will be surprised and actually love this last installment? :mellow:

miss, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion..i respect yours, so please respect mine also..okei..

i'm curious ... how is what she said ... not respecting your opinion? :unsure:

she was just quoting what she heard/read about the director's intention with regards to his choice of casting. unless you're actually telling the director off for having that opinion because it's not respectful of yours? :huh:

speaking of respect & opinion ... i distinctively remember in old soompi ... you tell people to get out of a particular star thread started by you when the person expressed his/her opinion about that star that you didn't agree with ... where is the respect back then? :rolleyes:

i agree with exupery .. what's wrong with her sentence ? she was just stating her thoughts .. on what she seen / read abt the PD's intention on casting ppl ...

seriously in my opnion this thread shld be close till all the casts are permanently confirmed ...

:unsure:

Guest StylishAzNx07

i think daniel henney is really hot, but i dunno about his acting skills and definitely his korean. O_O i think he might only know a few words in korean. but thats good hes not the main lead, cuz then i think there would be problems.

Sorry to say this but Sung Yu Ri & Daniel Henney weren't that popular here in our country so this last installment will be having a hard time with Filipino K-drama fans..they should cast famous & talented stars in order to gain continent-wide acceptance in Asia..I'm not saying that they cast Choi Ji Woo, Bae Yong Jun &

Song Seung Hun for the nth time but they should choose fast-rising & more popular stars in order for K-drama fans to be attracted in watching this fourth ENDLESS LOVE SERIES installment..such a waste of money

they should cast stars like Han Chae Young & Jae Hee, my favorite drama couple..they rock for life!!! Hehe!!!

no wonder this thread is SO BARREN & EMPTY..Soompi forumers didn't like those stars..they never will!!!!!!!!!

autumn story and winter sonata were what put song seunghun, song hyegyo, choi jiwoo and bae yongjun on the map. his dramas turned unknown stars into some of the most famous stars of today. when he did summer scent, he instead cast more wellknown stars and it ended up flopping. he probably just wants to choose actors that wont cause fans to expect perfection.

and daniel henney is one of the biggest rising stars right now because of samsoon. and sung yuri is awesome. she improves in her acting drama by drama too. just look at my icon. haha.

i wish they would just release the main actors name. gah. they seem to have chosen everyone except him...and he seems the most important to the cast.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Charms1986

I still can't believe they haven't chosen the male lead yet.. I thought they were suppose to have a press conference already about it... its getting really frustrating..

I'm pretty sure they have already casted the main lead but just wasn't time to reveal yet 'cause once you reveal the person there will be all kinds of responses to your decision whether good or bad. and a lot will be criticisms. Look at Sung Yuri and Daniel Henney. If I was the pd i wouldn't reveal it until when i was about to start filming. that way, people can't criticize(for too long) and want to change the lead. it's not good for fans to know way a head of time because there will just be bickering and can jeopardize the moral and even rating. i think they made a good decision in holding back the main lead.

let us not judge Daniel Henney's and Sung Yuri's acting skills until we've already watched this drama. the producers will not put them in the cast if they don't have any potentials....

Guest strungout

Hi just read this in the drama thread.

Seems neither Daniel Heney nor Sung Yuri are confirmed.

Ahhh... yes. I missed Yoon Seok-Ho's TV Dramas so much, like someone misses an earthquake. Helmer of timeless 'masterpieces' like 가을동화 (Autumn Fairy Tale), 겨울연가 (Winter Sonata) and 여름 향기 (Scent of Summer), Yoon will soon start work on his final installment of the 'Season Dramas', entitled 봄의 왈츠 (Spring Waltz). But just like tired, cliched, over the top melodrama is always an unwelcome guest in Yoon's Dramas, there's an actress who will set a new record: having the patience and will power to star in all four of the Season Dramas, that actress being Kim Hae-Sook. The show will start shooting tomorrow, and Kim will play the aunt of our leading heroine (who still hasn't been cast), who lost her mother when she was young. Thanks to the incredible success of the 3 previous Season Dramas all over Asia, Kim has become a sort of popular figure in Japan, where she signed a one year contract with a cosmetics company, to play the main model. There were rumours the leading role would go to Daniel Henney, but they were quickly killed off. As of now, no news of any casting for the two main characters has been announced.

This was uploaded by priscilla from

November 21, 2005

Korean Weekly News - 11/21

(Posted In Asia Film News TV )

Guest Airine Pratama

^ the article said the show will start shooting tommorrow ... they must have lead actors / actresses and the whole cast already ...

they just do not want to reveal it yet i think ... coz look what happend to Cruel Love ... and some other popular drama which already popular even before they have the whole cast ...

i think PD yoon opened the way for the "hallyu" movement... and since the gates have been wide opened, more people are becoming more exposed to other quality drama produced in Korea, not only his alone.. and therefore, though he might have done a good thing for Korea's fame, he might not get the same results no matter how hard he tries...

so far the cast selected for this drama seems to imply that he's trying hard to create another "AUTUMN TALE" type of hit.

other casts for this drama:

2005111517592672176_1.jpg

Kim Hae Sook - she was in Autumn's Tale

7320050627_17089392.jpg

Han So Ee

9420050830_18819331.jpg

very talented boy from fashion 70s is also in here.. ^^

7620050618_16873950.jpg

Jung Dong Hwan - he was also in Autumn Tale

2005081921433937064_1.jpg

Lee Han Wui - Was Also in Autumn Tale

singer sung shi kyung is expected to participate in the OST

5ba14003.jpg

Guest Airine Pratama

Sung Shi Kyung?

whoa i love his voice ...

btw anyone know in what month this drama will be air?

how many time are left coz they haven't announce the cast till now ...

I love Daniel and Yuri, but I can't see them acting together. I hope that in this one Daniel's Korean improves, or else they give him an English character. :x

anyways.. hope all goes well.. I'll check out the first epi!

Guest Airine Pratama

credit toCindy W88

11/22/05 – Sung Yoo Ri (성유리, 24) will lead the 18-episodes drama “Spring Waltz (봄의 왈츠)” scheduled to be aired in early March of 2006. Kim Jong Shik (김종식), KBS Drama the 2nd Team manager (드라마2팀장), reveals in a phone conversation with “Yunhap News” on 11/22 that SYR will play the role Eun Young (은영). As to the male lead, PD Yoon Suk Ho (윤석호) hasn’t made the final decision yet. The script writer is Jung Yoo Kyung (정유경) whose previous works include “Sweet Bear (반달곰 내사랑, MBC)” and “I Love Hyun Jung (현정아 사랑해, MBC)”. “Spring Waltz” portrays that a man and a woman were separated due to accident and they share beautiful childhood memories. Then they meet again when they are adults and fall in love with each other.

200511220115_00.jpg

http://www.chosun.com/se/news/200511/200511220115.html

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...511220852411110

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/2005...12390658390.htm

http://news.goodday.co.kr/2005/11/22/20051...126302100.shtml

as one of Sung Yuri fans i'm happy that she will have a new drama ... i know she still to show us her acting skill improvement from her past drama ... i really hope she will do good in this drama ... and hope she really able to show us that she's a good actress ...

this is confirmed already ... so i will just support her and the drama ...

Archived