Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Joo Won prepares to enlist by the end of next year, saying that he is confident https://t.co/g8CIuPYGYf https://t.co/Np0YfEvmom

The time has come TT

Sorry, but isn't this total non-news?  Of course he has to go by the end of next year, lol.

Anyway, drought of interviews is over!

from newsen and tvdaily (and a ton more, but for now I'm being lazy; be back later if someone doesn't beat me to it)

of course,it is not new for his fans.I am just posting the news that I saw.But don't expect everyone to know JW real age.They will not bother to check.Hence,this news is for the general public.

Also,JW soompi is not only read by fans.So I post it for general readers. If this is redundant,the I should not post.

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 2

Okay, I lied.  Here are a few more before I quit.

Sorry, but isn't this total non-news?  Of course he has to go by the end of next year, lol.

of course,it is not new for his fans.I am just posting the news that I saw.But don't expect everyone to know JW real age.They will not bother to check.Hence,this news is for the general public.

Also,JW soompi is not only read by fans.So I post it for general readers. If this is redundant,the I should not post.

And I swear that I was not laughing at you or implying that you shouldn't post.  It's just silly, not-at-all surprising "news" that made me laugh. So I remarked on it.  Of course it's fine to post it.

Autumn colours are so pretty...

And he looks tired. Poor thing.

Yeah, he does, and you should avert your eyes from this one if that bothers you...

dSzhFBQ.jpg

Think they could've photoshopped that one to look a little better...

source

0DVLE4p.jpgedthwXV.jpg

source: 1 2

Now I quit. Haha.

• Like 6

'That Guy' Joo Won "Movie box office, wonder what it feels like"

The article worte a synopsis on That Guy. It also mentions about the difference in popularity for Joowon's dramas and movies, stating that his dramas are more widely accepted compared to his movie. He mentioned that in That Guy, he had to learn the dialect for 3 months to sound convincing.

CR0N7fIUEAE2Qzh.jpg

Source: http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=701100&g_serial=924894&rrf=nv

Yongpal's Joo Won once again raises acting expectations, transformed into That Guy

CR0QzNwU8AAsRCf.jpg

Source: http://beautyhankook.wowtv.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=44023

• Like 9

actually too many actor will enlist this and next year.all top..I think may be more than 5 actor actually..:phew:so korean drama will have conflict all these situation..so may be senior actor will be active in drama ..

We need be ready to accept this situation...huhu..already sad..:tears::sweatingbullets:

but I want be happy to Jo Won..I hope he just like this..nown try all different character...may be will get romantic killer..use eyes to get the women...:w00t:

• Like 4

TVXQ’s Yunho Sent Joo Won a Special Video Before His Military Enlistment

joo-won-yunho.jpg

Actor Joo Won shared a story about his good friend, TVXQ‘s Yunho.

During an interview on October 21, Joo Won revealed that he is thinking of enlisting at the end of next year. He then divulged, “Yunho called me when he came out for vacation from the military, and then again just outside of the base camp when he had to go back in.”

Joo Won added, “He’s super manly, and even the night before enlistment, he sent me a video of himself getting his head shaved. At first, he looked like a lot of thoughts were going through his head as he was getting his head shaved. But afterwards, it looked like he was at peace. He got some award at the military too.” He further relayed, “He doesn’t seem sad. He said, ‘I’ll be right back. I’ll get in touch with you once I get out.’ I hope I can be like him, too.”

Meanwhile, “It’s Him” is a mystery chaser film that deals with a man who lost his little sister. The man ends up tracking down her murderer with the help of a girl who can predict death. Joo Won plays Jang Woo, the lead character who chases after the murderer. The movie is set to open in theaters on October 28.

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/20/tvxqs-yunho-sent-joo-won-a-special-video-before-his-military-enlistment/

• Like 10

My top 3 fave dramas of JW & characters that he portrayed, in order of ♡♡♡:

1♡ Ojakgyo Brothers / Hwang Tae-hee

2♡ Naeil's Cantabile / Cha Yoo-jin

3♡ Good Doctor / Park Shi-on

OB is the 1st drama of JW that I "chased" religiously, first on KBS World which was then with about 2 weeks' delay after the telecast in SK. When I got more invested in the characters and the story, I couldnt wait and had to catch the current eps either on live streaming or the subbed ones uploaded on the Chinese websites with 24 hrs. Tae-hee "ahjussi" is my first love as most of the old-timers here already know. He is like the "guy next door"... JW played this role very well even though he was still a newbie in the K-drama scene. I personally feel that this is one role which he had portrayed most "naturally" without too much deliberate "crafting" done on the character. To me, the feelings that JW displayed on-screen as Tae-hee (and as Ma-jun in BK) are the most "raw" or real as compared to his other subsequent dramas. OB is the only drama and Tae-hee the only role of JW that made me cried the most. It has been 4 years since I watched this drama but I can still remember the heartwarming as well as the heartwrenching moments. Also, what I saw in the BTS vids of all his seniors praising him and the pics showing the rapport he had with the production crew had convinced me that JW is a rare "gem" in the complicated entertainment industry who sees the good in everyone and practically "wears his heart on his sleeves for all to see". Sad to say, the latter quality is one that many have seen as a weakness and has been the reason why our poor boy has suffered much pains.

There are 2 reasons why NC is ranked 2nd on my "love list" - Nodame Cantabile is one of my fave Japanese manga and J-drama, and bcoz Joo Won IS Cha Yoo-jin. Long before the news of KBS planning to make this drama was even announced... when I was re-reading the manga and re-watching the J-drama after I became JW's fan, I had made him my choice for the role of "Chiaki Shinichi" if even there is to be a K-drama made on NC. So, I was overjoyed when the news of JW accepting the role. It was like the Drama God heard my prayers... Lollll... even though there were many unhappiness arisen from the casting of the female lead and subsequently the grievances caused by how the scriptwriter messed up the story and the disappointing ratings, I have never once wanted to give up on this drama and JW. I never see it as a failed project for JW. He invested so much time and efforts in the character Cha Yoo-jin and he did not let the viewers' reactions to the drama affect his performance. He had remained positive till the end and comforted his fans when it should have been the other way round. I am glad that JW had made many new friends on the set of NC .

As for GD, it is the one drama that JW had received the most criticisms before, during and maybe still some when it ended, as well as the most recognition for his amazing performance as the endearing Park Shi-on. I recalled there were many debates on the topic of autism, about how realistic the story can be for a savant to become a doctor (not to mention a pediatric surgeon), and when/after the drama was telecasted many had commented on how he had made Shi-on looked like he is an intellectually challenged person. I was really proud of JW when he got nominated and later won the PD Awards for his role in GD. In my opinion, this award beats all other awards like Seoul Drama Awards, Korea Drama Awards and even the Paeksang Art Awards. We might be disappointed that JW has not been able to win any of these more widely known awards but who is to day he will never win them in future... he still has a long way to go in his acting career. As long as he does not give up or quit his passion, we as fans should do the same for him.

I agree with you on some but not on all, which doesn't matter because it really boils down to personal preference. Isn't it great that Joo Won has so many good works? Not all are hits but he has an impeccable record in acting all his roles. 

OB was my first Joo Won drama. I cannot fully comprehend when others say he's not good looking because Hwang Tae Hee was so darn fine looking to me. Like Jae Eun(Uee's character said in the drama) puts it when she was asked what attracted her to ahjussi, "My body reacts first"(paraphrased). I actually marathoned Baker King in between waiting impatiently for my weekly dose of OB. I became more and more enamored with Joo Won. There weren't many write ups then. It was watching him on Baker King Special that I got reeled in hook, line and sinker. 

Joo Won improved tremendously from Ma Jun to Tae Hee. The change was astounding. Not that his acting as Ma Jun wasn't good, in fact, it was very good, especially for a newbie. Which other actor debuts as a hated antagonist and gets to divide the viewers between hating and loving him? No offense to Yoon Shi Yoon who got the role of the protagonist and won a big award but it was really Joo Won who shone in the drama. At least it was for me. I had this strange feeling that the writer 'fell in love' with Ma Jun or was she enamored with Joo Won after setting her eyes on him? For the benefit of new fans here, Joo Won was originally not selected to play Ma Jun. The production decided on Yoon Shi Yoon first and they thought it was too risky to cast 2 new faces at one go. But the writer(I am not sure how much influence writers have in general over casting) put her foot down and insisted that Joo Won be cast. As the drama progressed, Tak Gu became one dimensional and Ma Jun grew in complexity. It was also the first time, I got a taste of Joo Won's crazy crying skills. Many actors try hard to cry, have you watched one who tries hard not to cry? Yup, that's our boy. Still, Joo Won's portrayal of Ma Jun had quite a bit for improvement, especially those parts where he kept shooting dagger stares. Not entirely his fault as melodramas almost always require the villain to have these evil stares. 

From Ma Jun to Tae Hee was like getting a whiplash - the 'explosive' Ma Jun vs the reticent Hwang Tae Hee. If he stole the show in Baker King and impressed the viewers with his debut, then Joo Won went on to  knock out of the park as OB's Officer Hwang Tae Hee or Ahjussi as Ja Eun calls him. Where I would disagree with you, Joo Won did craft into this character TH. But they were little tics which weren't that obvious and as a character who was stunted in expressing his emotions, Joo Won played it to the tee. The part which first made me brawled was 

Hwang Tae Hee looking at all the shoes his birth mother bought for him over the years but never had the guts to give him. As TH read each note, Joo Won's face crumpled. It was so so heart breaking. 

After being the sweet ahjussi in OB, Joo Won's reversal in Gaksital was phenomenal. I shan't start because it would take pages. If any new fans want to talk Gaksital, be prepared for the onslaught, LOL. 

I never thought I would love Tomorrow Cantabile this much. It's a drama which I can see myself revisiting again and again. Unlike you, I have no love for manga or anime. It's strange considering how I love illustrations and animation works. The drama may have failed in terms of ratings but Joo Won's turn as Cha Yoo Jin is just too perfect. His portrayal was more layered than Chiaki and thus it felt less like a caricature but more like a real life person. 

As for GD, was Joo Won criticized for his portrayal, I don't remember that it was so. What I remembered on Dramabeans was that many had issues with how autism might be portrayed and sending the wrong message that it can be cured. There will always be people who criticized Joo Won for his acting no matter how good he is. My guess is 80 to 90% of these need to put him down to elevate their own bias. Truth be told, of all his roles, I was most afraid of whether he could pull it off acting the part of a autistic savant. Yet, I was blown away. 

And a thousand times YES, we should support an actor who gives so much into his craft and is passionate about it 

• Like 12

Based my opinion of acting Joo Won..I want make ten list why Joo Won is excellent acting other than actor( this opinion my own and Follow korean drama from 10 years ago):wub:

1.He is actor use all body in their character..eyes..hand...leg..all together...Although he just stand he and dont do anything..he still acting...

2.The different personality or image of character...he ready be ugly and worst looking in drama..but handsome its bonus to us...

3.He study and create own character..he learn so much 100 personality. thats why I didnt feeel he is Joo Won in acting...

4. He know the best script and choose faster plot..because always KBS show slow plot but it change when we have Joo Won..Always be faster and more Joo Won scene in this drama..

5.He is good show impression..especially cry scene...the best looking of him is cry and he become bad...ops

6.When we have Joo Won actor everyone in this drama will show 100 commitment..Its just all cast together give the shine all this drama..

7.He is silent but when he in bts he always smile...smile as reward fans service..and most important he is very truth person..always say honest and truth to people..thats why we want to care him...

8.Good action because skill and long legs..ops..

9.He can be thin or chubby this drama...depends on character..he also didnt care hair image...hahahah..he just want to be acting only..

10..can i put to 20...ops:wub::w00t:

• Like 10

Joo Won- Magazine Giveaway!

2015-10-21%2014.53.42_zpsnfu9vk5c.jpg

b332c565-5334-4cc7-b36e-048364171f0d_zps

690f797c-44ac-4888-89b8-9de5b81fb509_zps

We are giving away Singapore magazines featuring Joo Won to 5 lucky fans. All you have to do is submit your comment to this post on

1. why you like Joo Won or what you like about him or
  2. your experience following Joo Won or
  3. what makes Joo Won special.

You only need to comment on one of the above topics but if it's a mash up, no problem too ^^

Please go to https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2015/10/21/joo-won-magazine-giveaway/

for rules and participation. 

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 8

I never thought I would love Tomorrow Cantabile this much. It's a drama which I can see myself revisiting again and again. Unlike you, I have no love for manga or anime. It's strange considering how I love illustrations and animation works. The drama may have failed in terms of ratings but Joo Won's turn as Cha Yoo Jin is just too perfect. His portrayal was more layered than Chiaki and thus it felt less like a caricature but more like a real life person. 

As for GD, was Joo Won criticized for his portrayal, I don't remember that it was so. What I remembered on Dramabeans was that many had issues with how autism might be portrayed and sending the wrong message that it can be cured. There will always be people who criticized Joo Won for his acting no matter how good he is. My guess is 80 to 90% of these need to put him down to elevate their own bias. Truth be told, of all his roles, I was most afraid of whether he could pull it off acting the part of a autistic savant. Yet, I was blown away. 

And a thousand times YES, we should support an actor who gives so much into his craft and is passionate about it 

I share your thoughts too. I fall in love with Joo won after watching TC. :wub: I think the korean TC and japanese version is slightly different but because of Joo won as Cha Yoo Jin, it surprisingly turns out better than expected. Never mind about the ratings, I think Joo won really gave his best to portray the character and the effort he put in for every drama can be feel by the viewers. ^_^ He is truly 1 great actor that doesn't just try to ''look good'' on screen and dare to challenge an autistic character, unlike... some of the actors his age. :vicx:

Edited by wildaffairs
  • Like 6

Our first entry for the magazine giveaway. I smiled so widely when I read this contributor's comment. 

raasyndrome on joowoncutie.wordpress

well, i was contemplate myself to take this challenge or not, since i feel that i’m not deserve enough to get the prize. but still, i courage myself to do this, at least, you would know there’s a fan like my family XD.

Actually my husband saw his drama(Bridal Mask) once,he always thought JW has fierce character,but when I took him to JW fanmeet in Jakarta 2weeks ago(actually I drag him there bcause I was JW fan), he’s kinda speechless bcause Joowon has a cute charm, and he was shy that time.He kept asking me if he(JW) really the guy from Gaksital,and I said yes. But he(still) not believing me.lol.
My husband isn’t kind of person who watched k-drama, nor he’s k-pop fan, but when I watched Yongpal on TV, he sat beside me and watched it untill end. I guess, it’s the reason why JW is more special to me, since my husband who never liked drama, even would watch his entire works. He amazed by his acting. I kept teasing him as JW fan since he likes to watch JW works.
Thankyou for your amazing works on JW updates, and this giveaway.
I’d spread more love and also tell my friends about this giveaway. Ppyong~

Isn't Joo Won awesome? This fan is not alone in her experience, I know of several others whose husbands like Joo Won for his acting and enjoy watching his dramas. This is why he has his fair share of male fans. 

• Like 12

Hello Everyone,

Regarding the Yongpal Drama Premium Edition DVD, for those who are interested, please kindly visit those threads for Creating a Daum account + Cafe Tutorial. Thanks.

Signing up for this doesn't necessarily mean you have to purchase it - this is just for a general estimation for the production team

But we will need to have more people to sign up to push up the amounts (Generally, a minimum of 1500 copies)

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/348090-drama-2015-yong-pal-용팔이/?do=findComment&comment=19325779

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/348090-drama-2015-yong-pal-용팔이/?do=findComment&comment=19325965

• Like 5

I was on twitter the whole day today, and there were so many articles on That Guy movie. It was weird to me at first, but then I realized that yesterday was the press release. All articles mentioned the basic storyline and genre of That Guy and how great Joowon's acting is. And of course, the interviews about BTSs, casting and what the actors think of each other. Nothing critical about the movie at all, everything sounds positive. So I guess that's a good thing, right? :D

• Like 8

Compilation of Joowon smoking as part of magazine photoshoot

(i put this in spoiler in case some fans dont like to see it)

CR2XpM3UkAAiqzu.jpg

CR2XqstUkAQafg0.jpg

CR2WqulUAAAgAPU.jpg

CR2W-k4UwAA1iPa.jpg

cr to Bua2be and Moonzuwon

Even in the latest Singles November issue. I wonder why these magazines want to portray smoking man. Maybe to make it more realistic since a lot of men smokes?

• Like 7

ohhh he really is an elegant boy, with poise..... our pout boy hehehehehehe

I´m sad because he hasn´t gone to militia yet... and I don´t want that he go .. is a lost time to go there..... all my favourite boys and actors everybody retunrned from there: joon ki, soji, in sung, jang hyuk, ji hwan.. they are my most respectful boys... but only joo won hasn´t gone (of my favourites of course) ... and I don´t want that he to go there... is a lost time.. ahhhh buuuaaaaa I´m sad.. even he has to go to end of the next year.. I can´t stand it.. he is so good actor a crack for go to the army lost time... he must to delight us with his brilliant acting and amazing skills.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don´t go there boy!!!!!!! are 2 years!!! 2!!!! ......2 lost years! completely!!!!!!!...is a waste of time!!!!!!!!!!.. damn military service.....

• Like 4

Yongpal DVD Cafe Owner have just released a new notice on the bulletin board

"Dear international yongpal(the gang doctor) fans!

Hello!

Thank you for visiting Promotion Team Cafe for the Premium DVD of our grand drama "YongPal". 

This is Lemontree from the Promotion Team for the Premium DVD of YongPal. 

Sorry for noticing late to international fans.

As you all know, the release of the Director's Cut DVD/Blu-ray of Yongpal is impossble now.

Instead, we promote the Premium DVD of Yongpal.

The premium DVD of yongpal includes broadcasting versions of Yongpal + commentaries &interviews + makings + photo books and so on.
(Detailed announcements will be uploaded soon after having conversations with the director.) 

To release the Premium of Yongpal, applying for the speculative demand is really important. 

The more speculative demand is expected, the more likely the Premium DVD is released.

* Speculative demand survey is a kind of preliminary study for the actual demand to buy DVD when it is released. You don't have to buy it even if you participate in this survey. So don't feel pressured!

If you have trouble in joining this cafe because you don't know Korean, you can send an e-mail to this address!!

gangdoctordvd@gmail.com

When you send an e-mail,

you have to write your name, country, the quantity of DVD you want.

Then, I will check your demands easily!^^

If you have more questions, please leave your questions at [Q&A] For Overseas Board

OR contact us(gangdoctordvd@gmail.com)

Please advertise this to other international fans of YongPal

and give your warm supports and cheers

Thank you!"

• Like 4