Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

YAY! I'm glad so many of us decided to watch Cantabile :)  I still haven't figured out how to upload images (soompi really doesn't like me :() but I'm still looking for cute stills of JooWon looking down at Eun Kyung!! 

I am not sure what you are looking for. I just dug up some stuff...

2009794831_56d13142_zps9avizwyt.jpg

201411150839772152_546693ebd257a_99_2014

still_14_2_1_zpsngu7nnzi.jpg

still_14_1_1_zpsz2oukw2a.jpg

and the dork

43ca3ed12f2eb9383cb6f4bfd6628535e4dd6f55

I love the cinematography for Tomorrow Cantabile, they capture the autumn colors so prettily. Watching the drama, listening to the wonderful music takes one to a special place. If you are in a temperate climate where it's turning into fall now, this drama is also fitting for the season. 

This song is in my playlist and I listen especially when it's a cool day or overcast day with drizzle(closest SG has to autumn)

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 7

@mrdimples Thanks! I wasn't looking for anything in particular, I just figured I'd join in the fun and share some of my screencaps :D  But for whatever reason, soompi isn't letting me attach images.  

You can paste the url link and hit enter, the image will appear. Sometimes, it doesn't, then, I have to click "Insert other media" and paste the url link into the box. 

Someone on Yong Pal thread said that it's possible to paste pictures without uploading first to a photo host site like photobucket. I have not figured that one out though. Didn't work for me. 

• Like 2

Yeah. I was trying to copy/paste images directly from my hard drive into the the comment box, and it just didn't seem to be working... Going to try again after uploading it to a photo hosting site.  thanks mrdimples :) 

Edited by yonaomi123
  • Like 2

I'm sorry because I feel like I saw this information, but now I can't seem to find it in the thread: where can I order the Japanese TC DVDs? (I really did love this drama.)

It's also on yesasia, or the making ones are anyway. 

It seems like about time that they release some other version than the Japanese version, right?  Korea version, something...seems weird.

Ugh, why is soompi so glitchy today?  Still no PM emails, deleting drafts, loading slowly and not loading some things at all.  Is it just me?

ecs707a

Thank you. That's all? So little. I want to see how JW behave as a senior? :) 

Any Ideas? Stills also can. 

There were four, exactly four, official bts videos released by KBS.  That's it.  There are others in the form of news/entertainment shows and various actors' agencies and such.  You'll have to look for those, but I don't think you'll really find what you're looking for.  There were stills galore for that drama, but almost no videos.  You might check the first post of the show's thread here though.  I think there might have been a list of bts videos.  Maybe there are some I'm forgetting about.

@ecs707a Hm, I think there's another still I'm thinking of. I don't know, maybe I'm just remembering wrong. The last one you posted is adorable too though. Lol disgustingly cute.

Do you know why he's hugging her here?

Nope!  No idea what's going on there.  Haha.

Do you remember what scene it was from?  Where they were?  What they were wearing?  I bet someone here can figure it out if it exists.

I love the cinematography for Tomorrow Cantabile, they capture the autumn colors so prettily. Watching the drama, listening to the wonderful music takes one to a special place. If you are in a temperate climate where it's turning into fall now, this drama is also fitting for the season.

Yes, so pretty.  I dumped a bunch of pretty fall ones when I was trying to convince...whoever it was (sorry!) to watch a couple of weeks ago.  (Did it work? Haha)  Here are a couple more though.

atnYkgN.jpgPiYSqrx.jpg

I joked about this last year too, that I could just look out the damn window and it would pretty much look like that.   At least in spots.  But somehow, it looks so much nicer in the drama.  Maybe it's the other, um, "scenery" too? :D

• Like 8

Someone asked me why Joo Won never mentioned him being part of a group called Frees before he debut. Long time fans of Joo Won would know that he was once part of a group which appeared on children's television progam. I think Joo Won himself has hardly or never spoken of that time. 

You can read more of it here http://www.soompi.com/2013/04/08/actor-joo-won-used-to-be-an-idol/

I heard from unofficial sources that Joo Won left the group because of ill treatment. He was pretty young then, about 18 to 19. Rumor had it that the manager of that group would beat the members with objects while they were trainees. Joo Won's parents stepped in and sought legal help to get him out of the contract. 

Perhaps because it was terrible experience, Joo Won never spoke of it. 

Back to Joo Won the person. I think @gilaswan was pretty spot on in her reading of his personality. Prior to the press con, I told her I didn't want to tell her my perception of Joo Won so that she can go with as little pre-conceived notion as possible. If it is not for his looks and aura, Joo Won is the type you won't notice at a party. First, he isn't the party sort. I can imagine him having cup after cup of coffee at the local cafe. Secondly, if he's at a party, he would probably disappear into the background. 

He's an introvert, that's why his parents encouraged him to take up speech and drama as a form out expression and outlet for a pubescent boy. Once you watched Healing Camp, you will understand why Joo Won is so expressive with his emotions on screen and the opposite in real life. 

I always felt that he just wants to focus on acting.But he knows he has to do all the peripheral activities that comes along with being an actor/idol.

When it comes to fans, I think Joo Won has experienced the positives and negatives in fandom. In his days as a musical theater, Joo Won was close to his fans. To this day, he still recognizes and acknowledge those people. 

I can't remember which media he used, but Joo Won used to speak out his thoughts and read fan chats. But that all came to an abrupt halt when a war erupted among his fans in Korea. It's known that he was so sad that he cried at the birthday celebration that fans held for him. From then on, he became 'silent' on social media. He seldom tweets and it was only not too long ago that he started his IG and became more active. 

So this is the truth. I read that before but just want to know more details. 

~~~~~~~~~

As I have followed him for years,I realized that he loves stability and hates any form of conflicts. When it comes to fans,he is not going to pamper them.Conflicts between fans hurt him the most.I still remember the actions he took because of that. I was still closet fan then and still fangirling other Idols. His action amazed me like no other. Then,I too wondered what was wrong with him. But this is his belief and his way of conducting fandom.He seems to be quite strict also,when it is not right time,he will not give in to any of fan requests. 

Yong Pal attracted many new fans and many are still green to Joo Won. Some might believe that JW will behave like any other celebrities.When he doesn't, assumptions happen.Eg: the post of Joo Won not giving autograph when asked during shopping.Or not friendly. None of these are true. We have fans here who have seen Joo Won in real life and interacted with him. They have written fan accounts and they definitely show that JW is a friendly BUT quiet guy in real life,especially towards strangers.

It is not that JW is not friendly but I think it is just too overwhelming for him to be center of the attention.Also,introverts take longer time to erase the awkwardness at any situation and hate being approached when not in right situation.Being an introvert myself, I could somehow understand him. The tension that we feel before we are about to communicate with any stranger is crazy. We could be shaking and doubting everything and anything. Those worries and doubtfulness sometimes show on our faces. Hence,people start to wonder if we are angry or something. Sensitivity is also part of our personality and if someone does what we dislike,the unhappiness shows on our faces and behavior. This might be the reason why Joo Won didn't wave and wore the "sad" face when fans ran after him in SG.

Of course,I am not Joo Won,but this is how I behave as a introvert person. 

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 11

Yes, so pretty.  I dumped a bunch of pretty fall ones when I was trying to convince...whoever it was (sorry!) to watch a couple of weeks ago.  (Did it work? Haha)  Here are a couple more though.

I joked about this last year too, that I could just look out the damn window and it would pretty much look like that.   At least in spots.  But somehow, it looks so much nicer in the drama.  Maybe it's the other, um, "scenery" too? :D

I think I must be finally hit with the dreaded kdrama amnesia. There seems to be a few things which you were eluding to and I have absolutely no idea. What was that about part 1 or 2? 

I am going to watch TC. Maybe after Yong Pal rewatch or concurrently. End of the year is the craziest time for me...I hope I have some wee time for myself and indulge. 

Lucky you...the only time I see such nice autumn colors is in some huge portraits of a bridal shop. Okay, but I got to see the gorgeous in flesh last week, so life is fair. If Joo Won were to go to your town, would you stalk him? 

I sometimes wonder how it will be like if he had a chance to travel for holiday. Go to a place where no one recognizes him and he doesn't need to hide behind his sunglasses. 

Edited by mrdimples
  • Like 7

I am in TC mood now :D 

don't forget the adorable bromance...I haven't seen this one before. Isn't Il Rak wearing CYJ's pullover? 

photo

Nah, YJ's giant pink S was on his back, remember?  The rest of the S-Orchestra had the S on the front, like that one.

g2JocFo.png

Heh.

93CjTbn.jpg

I'm just going to keep posting these, lol.  Surely we'll happen upon @bjvipb2uty's missing one at some point, right? :D

• Like 9

As I have followed him for years,I realized that he loves stability and hates any form of conflicts. When it comes to fans,he is not going to pamper them.Conflicts between fans hurt him the most.I still remember the actions he took because of that. I was still closet fan then and still fangirling other Idols. His action amazed me like no other. Then,I too wondered what was wrong with him. But this is his belief and his way of conducting fandom.He seems to be quite strict also,when it is not right time,he will not give in to any of fan requests. 

Yong Pal attracted many new fans and many are still green to Joo Won. Some might believe that JW will behave like any other celebrities.When he doesn't, assumptions happen.Eg: the post of Joo Won not giving autograph when asked during shopping.Or not friendly. None of these are true. We have fans here who have seen Joo Won in real life and interacted with him. They have written fan accounts and they definitely show that JW is a friendly BUT quiet guy in real life,especially towards strangers.

It is not that JW is not friendly but I think it is just too overwhelming for him to be center of the attention.Also,introverts take longer time to erase the awkwardness at any situation and hate being approached when not in right situation.Being an introvert myself, I could somehow understand him. The tension that we feel before we are about to communicate with any stranger is crazy. We could be shaking and doubting everything and anything. Those worries and doubtfulness sometimes show on our faces. Hence,people start to wonder if we are angry or something. Sensitivity is also part of our personality and if someone does what we dislike,the unhappiness shows on our faces and behavior. This might be the reason why Joo Won didn't wave and wore the "sad" face when fans ran after him in SG.

I don't mean to pick on you (your post just reminded me of this), but there is a difference between introversion and shyness.  I hate when people use "introvert" as a euphemism for "shy".

I do think he's an introvert, but not an extreme one.  However, I think he's also somewhat shy.  Less so now than he was a couple of years ago maybe, but still a little.  He's gotten better at the "public face" thing, but when he's caught off guard, you can still see it.  You're right; he doesn't necessarily like to be the center of attention unless it's a performance or something.  I find that very interesting.

Lucky you...the only time I see such nice autumn colors is in some huge portraits of a bridal shop. Okay, but I got to see the gorgeous in flesh last week, so life is fair. If Joo Won were to go to your town, would you stalk him? 

I sometimes wonder how it will be like if he had a chance to travel for holiday. Go to a place where no one recognizes him and he doesn't need to hide behind his sunglasses. 

Lol, @mrdimples.  You know where I live.  I'm dying laughing just thinking of that scenario.  But I would guess that he would indeed be able to walk around here and no one would recognize him.  Unless he ran into me.  And there is no way I would be brave enough to approach him.  And I would feel weird about stalking from afar, so...well, it'll never happen so I don't have to worry about it, do I? :D

• Like 4

I think I must be finally hit with the dreaded kdrama amnesia. There seems to be a few things which you were eluding to and I have absolutely no idea. What was that about part 1 or 2? 

I am going to watch TC. Maybe after Yong Pal rewatch or concurrently. End of the year is the craziest time for me...I hope I have some wee time for myself and indulge. 

If I came across Joo Won randomly I don't think I would have the courage to stalk him.  The fans that can do that are super dedicated!! :D 

• Like 7

I don't mean to pick on you (your post just reminded me of this), but there is a difference between introversion and shyness.  I hate when people use "introvert" as a euphemism for "shy".

I do think he's an introvert, but not an extreme one.  However, I think he's also somewhat shy.  Less so now than he was a couple of years ago maybe, but still a little.  He's gotten better at the "public face" thing, but when he's caught off guard, you can still see it.  You're right; he doesn't necessarily like to be the center of attention unless it's a performance or something.  I find that very interesting.

Speaking as an introvert who also loves being on stage and performing in front of people, I can also understand the dichotomy between JooWon (perhaps) being an introvert but also really loving acting/being on stage.  When acting or playing in front of an audience, you've (hopefully) mastered whatever it is and are as close as possible to being totally confident in yourself and what you're doing.  You've rehearsed and rehearsed and don't have to commit your already low energy to figuring out how to navigate a situation. 

• Like 6

Lol, @mrdimples.  You know where I live.  I'm dying laughing just thinking of that scenario.  But I would guess that he would indeed be able to walk around here and no one would recognize him.  Unless he ran into me.  And there is no way I would be brave enough to approach him.  And I would feel weird about stalking from afar, so...well, it'll never happen so I don't have to worry about it, do I? :D

hmm...I've never thought he is shy.Is he? I believe those people who are shy try to avoid themselves from strangers .Whereas,introverts are only uncomfortable with them. It takes time to open up and get used to the situation. After that,they feel comfortable and able to communicate well.In fact,very well.

But ya,many people think that introverts are shy.I have no ideas why.

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 4

hmm...I've never thought he is shy.Is he? I believe those people who are shy try to avoid themselves from strangers .Whereas,introverts are only uncomfortable with them. It takes time to open up and get used to the situation. After that,they feel comfortable and able to communicate well.In fact,very well.

That's what I mean, I guess, with the shy vs introvert thing.  To me, shy implies some level of anxiety about social situations.  Which he seems to have (like being kind of awkward with people he doesn't know well, being uncomfortable with a lot of unexpected attention towards him, etc.).  I think of introvert vs. extrovert more as what makes you feel energized: do you gain energy from spending time with groups of people, or do people (regardless of how well you know them) drain your energy?  It's harder to determine from just the parts of his life that we see.  He could be either one, but I'd tend to think introvert.  But not an extreme introvert, or I don't think we'd have all the accounts we have of him hanging out with people all the time on set.  He'd tend to retreat more, to recharge, I think. 

Introverts can be outgoing and talkative and enjoy social interactions (even with people they've never met), but it's the type of interaction that matters.  More one on one or small group, not so much large groups.  Extroverts can be shy and dislike interacting with people they don't know well.  They're different things entirely.

So I see him as slightly shy and somewhat introverted, but they aren't the same thing.  But this is all speculation, of course. :)

@ecs707a and @yonaomi123 

you got to see him in person. It's hard to predict your reaction. 

Yeah...never going to happen, lol.  But if we take your scenario (he's here, in my town haha) to its logical conclusion, then I'd have to assume that the only reason he's here is to hide (it would be a good place for that, if nothing else, and seriously, why would anyone ever visit here?).  So then I would feel extra bad about stalking him. 

I don't know.  Someone with connections needs to tell him to come visit me.  Then we'll see how I react. :D

• Like 8

Such a delightful influx of TC spam! Ah I feel like watching it again but I think OB needs my undivided attention! 

@ecs707a I have no other way to describe it. I'm starting to think my mind merged several stills into one. O.o I think I'll look through the  drama thread, maybe its posted there.

Meanwhile, I'm being proactive and saving the ones I like that are being posted right now. ^_^

내일도칸타빌레_002.jpg

Sighhhhh

• Like 7

This shy vs introverted discussion...

Joo Won doesn't strike me as shy. He's confident and has the experience of someone who is constantly in the public eye. He might have been shy as a child/youth, but I doubt this is the case anymore. He is however introverted. You can tell from his body language. He is reticent and prefers quiet. Public engagements make him tired and while he can get energized through some of these fan meet activities, it generally tires him. You can read it in his body language. What energizes him are small group activities and work. 

I'm also introverted but I'm not shy. I speak in public engagements regularly. I also grew up doing musical theatre as a child (and stopped in my teens but continued with stage performances until uni). Can't be shy doing that. But crowds and throngs of people tire me. I don't like the visual buzz and a lot of sound (I frequently use earplugs to shut sound out). I don't really like meeting new people - there's always a small amount of anxiety and tension in the mind when I have to meet new people or attend unfamiliar functions: I play and replay the possible scenario in my head for weeks before it even happens. But once I'm there, I survive. Sometimes very well too. I act the part and flit through the room if I have to, but most of the time I just sit/stand and watch. Unless it's work, then I will have to schmooze. I sense the same vibes in Joo Won.

• Like 11

Having read @gilaswan and @ecs707a definitions on shy and introvert, I think Joowon has both, but to a certain extent. He prefers comfortable companies. Those whom he's not used to, he gets a bit shy to start the conversation. I guess he overcomes a huge aspect of his shyness since he has been in the public eye for years, so there is significant improvement in the way he handles body language and conversation now compared to back when he just debuted. He was worse in the beginning of 1N2D where his introvertness (is this even a word?) just propels him to watch others play games, etc, and he just reacts to them. 

I dont know how I should react seeing this picture. LOL! Joowon looks like he doesnt even care that those ladies do what they do to him. :sweatingbullets: Not surprising, I guess, since they spent more time with him than any other people. They are the ones who knew him best, after all.

CRnM57-UwAEIDId.jpg

cr to Bua2be via twitter, taken from the Naeil do Cantabile Japanese DVD Making set.

• Like 7