[Drama 2010] Flames of Desire 욕망의 불꽃

Guest yeohweping

Guest lucky_moon

So finally the perfect and the kind :vicx: daughter in law succeed to set the flame of ambition on her husband, now he's gonna think about his future.

It's still mystery how Seo Woo ran away or whatever happened to her all these years to end up like this.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this drama! :wub: And I'm super happy this drama is gaining more popularity! I was itching to discuss the latest episode and I'm glad discussion is picking up here!

I feel bad for saying this, but I kinda ship YM and NY more than IK and MJ at this point. I totally love how she plays the guilt card with him to get him to do whatever she wants. She's such a devil that way, playing with his weak personality like that.

And I really love how Inki was introduced! Even though I expected the "10 minute boyfriend" scene, it was executed so awesomely! And the expression on Mj's face when she signed her name on his tie in lipstick was priceless! I get this gut feeling that she's goign to be even more cruel than NY though.

And I love the Kim family dynamic. 2nd Sister-in-Law seems more bark than bite. I'm actually more suspicious about 1st Sister-in-Law. And the MIL seems nicer and more tolerant than I expected. I love JS (the older sister) too! She's the awesomest best! :lol: I wonder how she's going to fit into this mad race for the inheritance :unsure:

And about YIS, the ex-gf: they don't really make clear whether she died or not, huh? Judging from NY's dream, it may come back to haunt her later. But it seems unlikely, since 13 years had passed since then :blink:

The preview was totally squee worthy. I'm so sad it's only Monday! Weekends are now better than ever before ;)

Guest flower pot

Uh-oh…

Anybody got a light?

It seems like someone has really fallen over the dark edge…

A certain woman with the initials NY?

And following right in her footsteps is none other than Rosemary’s Baby… the spawn of the she-devil… Baek In Ki…

Click here for more on my eps 5-6 review...

Guest marinai

Na Young is a NOT a good person !

She indeed has feelings but selfish ones! She felt guilty for Joon Gu and her sister but feeling sorry does not change anything, she's living well while her sister's life is full of hardships!And she does not change her lifestyle and ideas! She still is going for what she WANTS!

She loves Min Jae but she loves more what he can bring to her! She still went for the separation and brought him to the USA and made him live a lonely life!

Her sister is too good to be true! She's just not human! I love her but she lacks RAGE while Na Young and her daughter are full of this feeling!

Na Young is just too evil, the older sister is too kind and I can sense that InKi is struggling too live a better life but not at all costs!

I think she refused to sleep with the senator guy to become more famous and she refused to surrender! I think she will be different from her mom and I really hope so!

@misspinky Thank you ;) I would not be an actress for anything!

Guest sasgrace

Seowoo is really scary-looking when she's evil. Really scary-looking. The way she acts with her eyes, almost psychopathic and sadistic. She's so good at it, seriously scares me.

Inki and Minjae's scene together was totally cute, though. Can't wait to see them fall in love. ^_^

Seo Woo is really b...hy here ! I already somehow feel bad for the innocent Min Jae. About him he said absolutely NOTHING during the episode !

Guest mijoo-pearl

The one I can't stand is not Na Young but her sister Jeong Suk.

Sorry, maybe I'm so evil but I really don't have any sympathy for her.

She just an angel, and not an human.

Na Young is cruel, but I think she has feeling. I like the way she call Jun Gu - "Jun Gu Oppa", even after any years like that...

Guest revengeoftheflowers

This is such an interesting conversation!

Some people dislike NY because she is too evil.

Some people dislike JS because she is too angelic.

Which is better/relatable/realistic? Someone who is ruthlessly ambitious or someone who forgives others over and over again?

I wonder if these sisters will ever switch positions in their shades of good and evil?

Guest je_amourx

After a few mins. of episode 1, I got goosebumps all over! What a way to draw the audience in .. dramatic! The actresses/actors are amazing and talented! I hope it gains popularity and get recognized by the talent, writing, and directing. Its in a whole different ball park than Baker King!

I think that the reason the Seo Woo's character had to leave her mom is because she knew that in that town they would never let her have peace after finding out that her father was a murderer. She would have been miserable so either she tried to kill herself or she left town and made her mom think she died.

Guest hannabanana

this is such an amazing drama

i am so hooked at this point

even though i was mostly waiting for seungho and seo woo to appear, i still enjoyed the first few episodes

the first few scenes they appeared in were amazing

all of the actors in this drama are such good actors, it's kind of crazy

thanks for the links! ^^

The one I can't stand is not Na Young but her sister Jeong Suk.

Sorry, maybe I'm so evil but I really don't have any sympathy for her.

She just an angel, and not an human.

Na Young is cruel, but I think she has feeling. I like the way she call Jun Gu - "Jun Gu Oppa", even after any years like that...

I agree with you completely. More than any other character, Jeong Suk irritates me the most. She's just extremely passive and static it makes me grind my teeth with rage. Be something besides "sorry".

I already feel attached to In Ki's character. I never expected that spark of rage and hatefulness and then that vulnerability. It's fascinating and I have no idea where she's headed.

um I watched ep 6 on viikii just now and it worked just fine.

I want to add on to the discussion. Three highlights for me in this episode: Jung-sook's crying on the beach, In-ki's fabulous entry, and old Daddy Kim (Tae-jin is it his name?) - man he cracked me up, he's so funny...

I've grown to like Jung-sook so much but I'm also itching for a time when she will snap... people who normally seem patient and meek - when reaching breaking point, they will be really seriously scary.

New girl crush! I thought Seo Woo overacts but isn't that exactly the point, she's so so bloodchillingly twisted. everything's staged and I can't wait to see the real Hae-jin, stripped of all pretenses, I think she's still there.

I'm glad that there are crazy twisted characters (Na-young, In-ki) but also very interesting restrained characters (Young-min, Jung-sook,... perhaps Min-jae?) and, did Young-min really finally cross over to the dark side?

Guest kdramalover_56

finally I can reply I have been stalking soompi for the past four or five months and i don't know why for what ever reason I could access the forums and read people's discussions i couldn't actually reply. But now that has finally been sorted and I can finally talk..

wow this show is really amzing i did a runner yesterday and stayed up most of the night watching all six episodes in one day just beacuse i wanted to watch episode 6. I really wasn't planning to watch this show but somehow i got into it by reading all the posts from dramabeans and ockoala's websites so here i am.

i love the character of inki she seriously pulls the evil and vulnerability like no other. I haven't seen tamara the island but i have seen couple of cindereall's sister episodes and although i found her annoying at times she could really act in that show but here she has upped the scale I loved her entry. Watching all six episodes in one go I can say there are not many dull moments in the show which you have to fast forward beacuse there is so much drama in every episode you actually want to know what the back story is and what does a character want.

nayoung with her obession to gain wealth she really doesn't let anything stop her does she. At times I hated watching her because I couldn't stand her dramatics and selfishness. Min jae hasn't had much dialogues so hopefully when he talks hopefully I coupld see him as a 21 years old but right now he looks like a 16 year old but suprisingly inki and minjae do look cute together and i would really like to know why inki said he's an angel in the first episode. well he does look like an angel but he has had a difficult upbringing so lets see how he turns out to be and I really don't know how the writer is going to make inki and min jae married with nayoung being one's biological and step mother senario so let see. show suprise me and amaze me but dodn't take to long to get there.

while reading everyone's views one thing stuck to me, inki took of her shoes after coming out of the club or something and started walking bare foot because i think she was also bare foot when she left her auntie/adopted mother. Because she left her shoes on the beach as well it kind of made it seem like she walks a difficult road ahead of her and she knows that and wants to talk that difficlut path in life. and although she doesn't actually know she is adopted and who her mother is i am really looking forward to seeing all that come together. and vikkii please please don't get licence issues you are the only place i can watch this show and you will be my only hope if i become addicted to this show which i am becoming judgying by the length of this post. so please take care..and also hello to every one....loved reading your views on the show.

Guest blackjackVip

i'm watching ep. 6 raw now...

i just don't understand the hatred and evilness of the main girl. (dunno her name)

i mean, she was raised by a really nice mom, how could she have turned so greedy and evil just like her biological mom?

can someone explain that to me please?

Guest Kandi22

i just don't understand the hatred and evilness of the main girl. (dunno her name)

i mean, she was raised by a really nice mom, how could she have turned so greedy and evil just like her biological mom?

Maybe something happened during the years she grew up. Because all we know is that she jumped off the cliff and then it shifted to her as an adult. So somewhere in the middle, something must have happened. I do hope they give an explanation about how she came to be who she is now. I didn't understand it either.

Off-topic:

Btw, I'm a fellow blackjack too. Nice to meet you XD

from the beginning she already has that forceful and ambitious nature... but finding out that her "dad" Joon-gu is an executed criminal might be the catalyst - and how all of her classmates turn on her. i agree the change is really drastic though, there's got to be something else - at least i hope so.

I've finally watch the drama and so far it's getting better and better.

But...

Instead of focusing on the drama, I thought only about the whales in the beginning.

This may seem off topic, but it was quite disturbing.

I hope I don't seem another scene like this again, it'll bring bad critics.

Guest mandalaywith

MBC Morning Show(기분좋은날) Flames of Desire Special(22.10.2010) HQ Online Link

Upload by mandalaywith

Special Vod(64:58)in Drama Shooting&making film,Highlights Interview come.

Tudou Link

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/OSaH558ZRcM/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flames of Desire Special Caps

by mandalaywith

a0109543_4cc29526a2370.jpg

Archived