[Drama 2010] Flames of Desire 욕망의 불꽃

Guest yeohweping

Guest sasgrace

I'm just now watching it and to be honest I'm a little confused with Min Jae & Soo Bin. There's a scene where they're at a karaoke bar with some people (friends of either I assume) and the atmosphere between the two seems a far bit stronger than we left them in episode 10 (almost as if they've been together for a long time - that emotional attached feeling).

Thank you Semifly. I guess Inki agreed to date him. Boy sure acted a lot to make it work. Or maybe Inki has some bad intention ? (Why do I ask ?)How is the acting ?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sasgrace

The rest of the episode wasn't really all that good (my opinion). This whole "I'm fighting my demons" approach we're seeing between Na Young, Young Min, etc. is getting a little boring seeing it week-in-week-out can make it seem overused and simply slow down the progress of the story (again my opinion).

With regards to Min Jae & Soo Bin's scene (and quite frankly they really didn't appear much in this episode) at the karaoke bar I'd like to know why she kind of broke down in tears while she was singing. It didn't seem as if it had anything to do with her "troubled" past. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you. TOo bad I don't understand Korean. I guess you watched the raw episode. Na Young sure is not a quiet housewife. About MinJae and SeoBin it's too bad they didn't have too many scenes today. About her crying, I think Seobin is the "destructive" girl who lacks something even though she has everything, something is not right about her.

Guest marinai

The rest of the episode wasn't really all that good (my opinion). This whole "I'm fighting my demons" approach we're seeing between Na Young, Young Min, etc. is getting a little boring seeing it week-in-week-out can make it seem overused and simply slow down the progress of the story (again my opinion).

With regards to Min Jae & Soo Bin's scene (and quite frankly they really didn't appear much in this episode) at the karaoke bar I'd like to know why she kind of broke down in tears while she was singing. It didn't seem as if it had anything to do with her "troubled" past. Does anyone have any ideas?

I think her manager is planning something, but I don't get what exactely !

She seems to not knowing the whole truth but is pushing MJ away! I understood a bit the song she was singing it's about an impossible love and that if the lovers get the chance to meet again maybe...(I tend to understand what is about love! but the rest...Nothing Lol!)

But what I don't understand is WHY MinJae was there, Maybe the manager told him so that they could have the pictures !

Too much NaYoung scenes lol ! I like her character but OMG she was scary when she was under the rain!Her husband should buy a personality! He must really be in love with her now!

She's manipulating him , but now he was she was pregnant earlier !

Hahaha maybe he will think she had a lover back then in NewYork when he was not "interested in her"!

By the way NaYoung and MinJae scenes are creepy, she's the creepy one, she loves him too much!

He has a short scene with his real mom , it was so cute and natural, I think she is regretting that she sells him to NY back then!

Guest sasgrace

With the title of the show being Flames of Ambition/Desire relating to Na Young's wants/needs/desires to better her situation it would seem that given her position now she's accomplished all that she wanted but I think the crux of the story is meant to show the lengths at which she's willing to go/has gone to in order to maintain this better life.

Quite frankly if this is the case I can't see there being much point in watching the show other than to see how Min Jae & Soo Bin overcome the obstacles put in front of their "impossible love" I'm hopeful that I'm entirely wrong about this because as things go (well up to episode 11) we've seen very little of these two individually or collectively so it means we're going to have to suffer through a ton of back story and additional backstabbing by Na Young, Young Min, and Jung Sook (dealing with Na Young & Jin Ho respectively)

On the plus side, or silver lining or whatever metaphor you'd like to use, there isn't a "taboo" relationship forming between Min Jae & Soo Bin, right? So when/if we come full circle, the opening scene from episode 1, there won't be any reason other than "a mother's right/decision/arrogance" holding these two back (an all too typical KDrama crutch mothers hold on to).

Thinking back to that opening scene in episode 1 for a second if we're to go along with the story as is and the scene plays out again won't the story in general be for naught? Soo Bin dies or at least we're given the appearance that she's dead while Min Jae drives off recklessly to a similar fate (reckless driving = suicidal = wreck = vegetative state = death...)

Frankly there seems to be too many players in the story which I think is causing part/all of the story to drag on (Na Young and her demons - something I mentioned previously). So until we can somehow weed out some of the non-important characters Jin Ho, Tae Jin and his cronies I think we're going to be stuck with a really slow story.

Do you forget this is a 50 episodes drama ? Anyway did InKi and MinJae touched each other tenderly today ?

Guest sasgrace

I think since she is the center of the show they focuse on her...But I won't be bothered more InKi-MinJae scenes- I will even add they are the main reason I watch this drama. I like MinJae's mom too and the atmosphere of her cafe.

I would hate for them to add more In Ki and Min Jae scenes, cause quite frankly that whole Romeo and Juliet love story is overplayed already. I much prefer the NY and adult scenes and the corporate fighting, Frankly, the actress playing In Ki bugs me, and I can't stand Min Jae's babyness. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Guest anna_chan

I would hate for them to add more In Ki and Min Jae scenes, cause quite frankly that whole Romeo and Juliet love story is overplayed already. I much prefer the NY and adult scenes and the corporate fighting

sorry cutting your post, im just wanna highlight this as im sooo agree with you . loverbirds and romantic story is so overwhelming and exposed way much in all other k-dramas, really enough to see it more.

so, well, a lot ppl, mostly watching this drama bcz they want to see MinJae and InKi, but im the other way round. Its quite boring to see the loverbirds scene shown in this drama bcz  basically, my whole intention watching this drama  is to see the human's greeds and how despicable they could be when talk about money and power.  

abt na young's too much role and screen for her, i thought its bcs this drama is really abt her. when go bk to first scene, they showed nayoung's childhood, and i drew conclusion that this show is rolling abt her.  but i cant deny as well, curious to see more abt other cast, like youngmin brother and his sister in-law affair and so ever. 

simply, MinJae and InKi's roles is putting them as the 'victim' of their adults affair only, they romantic section is only to add sour in pain for adults,and also its director's way to show people that even in this dirtiest world ever, yet still have pure-kind of people that fighting over human's greeds. 

Guest sasgrace

I would hate for them to add more In Ki and Min Jae scenes, cause quite frankly that whole Romeo and Juliet love story is overplayed already. I much prefer the NY and adult scenes and the corporate fighting, Frankly, the actress playing In Ki bugs me, and I can't stand Min Jae's babyness. I guess different strokes for different folks.

LOL so funny ! Tell me what kind of overused plt is ont used is this MAKJANG drama (or any korean drama) ? Hate it or love it they will have more scenes together- what is a pleasure to me. And lovebird ?

@ Anna Chan Did you watch episode 11 the way InKi behaved towards him ? This relationship is definitly not healthy and I even feel worried for MinJae because Inki doesn't sound like the right girl for him ! I somewhat agree with NaYoung there.

unhealthy relatioships...  this is allbout in any makjang drama ... if InKi and Min Jae would be perfect for each other and nobody would object to their relationship ... who would look at their scenes?

yes this drama is about Na Young (I want to see Mom has grown horns because of her...  until now is the first female star who made me curious about other works beside the one I'm watching) ... but they made a lil bit her love story like the one between Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Buttler in Gone with the Winds (at least the stairs scene, her wish to be rich no matter what, her indifference towards a child and after that obssesion for a child(Scarlett after her daughter died had a hard time because of that - or read it both have experienced the death of a child...) none of them is pushover, both of them fight over inheritance..(Tara was Scarlett's biggest wish no matter her sisters) both had killled a persona (Scarlett the invader of her house) and NY knows that she killer MJ's biological mom) and so on)

Only that her hubby aint any Rhett Buttler... Maybe he is as handome as Clark Gable was)

If I see any fall from a horse I'm going to scream Gone with the wind reloaded

I usually love YSH but we can see that the PDnim tries not to disturb us too much with his OTP... c'mon Eugene in Baker King was 6-7 years older than Joo Won... and nobody objects to THAT OTP (one hell OTP if you ask me... I love them both to bits)

it's not like we can see smth too disturbing in any kdrama no matter who are heroes or how old are they ... we barely can see a kiss ... bed scene is like ermmm once in a century... and that is in the final ep without too many stakes :P - almost al heroines are Virgin Mary... this why we love more Na Young

ermm eps 12 is kinda boring without subs ... because I can't understand politics behind the Atlantic Co.

Guest Greenrose934

Epi 12

I think Kim Tae Jin Choose Min Jung because He feels insecure with his 1st & 2nd Son , another reason-> NY's mom is his 1st lover so he likes NY more than those women in that family

Min Jae almost was aborted by his real mom but NY begged her keeping him alive exchange when he will inherit that company she will .. appear as a real mom .. during that time both her and her B/F always bother NY to get money $$$.... what's a mother !!!!

Guest Greenrose934

Again I was somewhat disappointed with the episode. I'm not going to continue my rant about how much time is spent on Na Young in the episode but I will voice my displeasure with her controlling/invasive nature. When Min Jae was out (about midway through the episode) we see him enjoying a cup of coffee (at his real mothers shop) when he decides to pick up his cell phone and notices that his mother has been trying to reach him. I can understand 1-2 times but she called him 8-10 times within a 4 minute period and as it seems it was all for a dog and pony show no real reason to pester him to that extent.

My second issue is with her invasive nature. Not only does she go into his room while he's away (she was told he had left by the maid/servant) giving her the "green light" to snoop it seems but she goes through his stuff, goes through his computer where she finds pictures of Soo Bin and she erases them. Does she not realize that he would notice the pictures missing (one presumes she also changed his desktop background to boot).

Na Young needs to cut the [imaginary] umbilical cord and let the kid have a life. He already has a mother complex, if she continues trying to control his ever move he's going to snap and rebel and it will be justified.

Finally NY would lose Min Jae for that woman , I Know NY is evil ... but I really like her ....

Finally NY would lose Min Jae for that woman , I Know NY is evil ... but I really like her ....

I don't think that her invasive personality is all evil

my mother would do the same thing without blinking ...( oh wait she did it to me and to my sis)... and my mom would do an entire show(read scandal) about it ..how would I dare too keep the pics of the boy she doesn't like

Na Young in that matter was a lil more polite than my mom

ringging a person when you have a date with ( I don't speak Korean so I might be wrong ) even so... was a lil exagerated   but we can skip that

dunno how old are you guys but it seems like you have some super nice moms who"never talk back at you"... and never control your whereabouts ... or you are just lucky ppl with ideal moms  and you never make any mistakes when  it comes about your friends or gf(BF depends)

Maybe you don't realize it but a mother who idoesn't care  about her kids wereabouts isn't a mom - Indeed there must be a limit- in ignoring a kid or controlling him)

Guest marinai

From what I seem to understand after episode 12! I CAN BE WRONG§ BUT I think Na Young is the one who got HyeJin/InKi manager beaten up! He has to make "the lovebirds" stay away from each other!

NaYoung wants MJ to marry a chaebol daughter!

InKi likes MJ, but can't...And decided to forget him....Why I don't know but I think she told him, they are impossible because of the president who beat her manager up! All my guess!

Young Min seems to be the ONE!!! Na Young is getting her way but I think the older sis in law is planning something big!

Guest Greenrose934

I don't think that her invasive personality is all evil

my mother would do the same thing without blinking ...( oh wait she did it to me and to my sis)... and my mom would do an entire show(read scandal) about it ..how would I dare too keep the pics of the boy she doesn't like

Na Young in that matter was a lil more polite than my mom

ringging a person when you have a date with ( I don't speak Korean so I might be wrong ) even so... was a lil exagerated   but we can skip that

dunno how old are you guys but it seems like you have some super nice moms who"never talk back at you"... and never control your whereabouts ... or you are just lucky ppl with ideal moms  and you never make any mistakes when  it comes about your friends or gf(BF depends)

Maybe you don't realize it but a mother who idoesn't care  about her kids wereabouts isn't a mom - Indeed there must be a limit- in ignoring a kid or controlling him)

I agree with you 100%, but if only you're your Mom ' s child

In this case there is a competition between real mom & fake mom

Does He know who really loves him ??

NY is the one who loves him so much ...but not his real mom , she already sold out him for $$$

Epi 12

Does anyone see the doctor saying something with Min Jung about her brain ?? cancer ?? tumor ?? I'm not sure ...

and what did NY say to her EX in his car ??

Archived