• Last Reply
Guest run_lola_run

http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/pt/2010/06/18/201006180929774063_1.jpg

Lee Jung Jin joins Runaway as Rain's rival. :rolleyes:

This is shaping up nicely indeed. :w00t:

Lee Jung-jin cast as Rain’s rival in Runaway

June 17th, 2010 // by javabeans

leejungjin10.jpg

Rain now has his rival for the upcoming spy-melodrama Runaway, and it’s 32-year-old Lee Jung-jin (of I Love You Don’t Cry and Bottom of the 9th Inning with 2 Outs).

Also, we finally get more on the story of Runaway, which centers around an “astronomical sum of money that disappeared with the outbreak of the Korean War, which resurfaces sixty years later in 2010.” What follows is “a lively chase” that takes the characters through various Asian cities.

The two characters played by Rain and Lee Na-young, Ji-woo and Jin-yi, are involved in this case but acting independently of each other. (She approaches him to use him, but the romance that develops between the two is an unexpected development.) Lee Jung-jin plays the chief of investigation who finds the case suspicious and pursues Ji-woo, leading to close confrontations between the two.

Lee Jung-jin said, “I’m definitely blessed to be participating in such well-made projects like my recent movie The Fixer and the drama Runaway. Viewers will have big expectations, and I want to leave them with a strong impression.”

Runaway just began filming this week and will air later this year.

Via OSEN

credit : dramabeans

Lee Jung-jin joins Rain, Lee Na-young for "Fugitive"

2010061811062384804_1.jpg

Korean actor Lee Jung-jin has joined Rain and Lee Na-young as the main cast of upcoming KBS TV series "The Fugitive," according to his agency Jambo Entertainment on Friday.

Jambo announced that the actor will be playing the role of Do-soo, an ambitious investigator who chases after Rain and Lee's character regarding a mysterious incident.

"Undoubtedly I am lucky to be getting to take part in the drama 'The Fugitive,'" the actor was quoted as saying. "I will make a very strong impression on the viewers who have high expectations."

Filming for "Fugitive," about a hefty sum of money popping up sixty years after it disappeared in times of the Korean War, will take place in various Asian cities including Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Shanghai, Beijing, Macau and Hong Kong.

The series will be directed by noted television producer Kwak Jung-hwan and written by Chun Sung-il, who collaborated on the recent hit TV series "The Slave Hunters" earlier this year.

Lee, 32, made his debut in 1998 through popular sitcom "Soonpoong Clinic" (SBS, 1998) and has since starred in many television dramas and films including "9 End 2 Outs" (MBC, 2007), "Love Story in Harvard (SBS, 2004)" and "Mapado" (2005).

He is currently a regular cast member in the popular variety show segment "Qualification of a Man" on KBS2 TV's "Happy Sunday."

Reporter : Ko Jae-wan star@

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010061812375419540

[June-18-2010] Actor 'Lee Jung-Jin' is cast for the part of Rain's rival in KBS 2TV's spy-action melodrama 'Runaway'

201006180929774063_1.jpg

Handsome actor 'Lee Jung-Jin' has been cast in the role of the male lead's rival in KBS 2TV's spy-action melodrama 'Runaway'.

They earlier cast Rain and actress 'Lee Na-Young' as the leading characters in 'Runaway' which will be aired around September this year, and shot its first scene last 18th. As 'Lee Jung-Jin' has come to join the drama, it's come to have a very strong cast.

According to Lee's agent, "'Lee Jung-Jin' has decided to join the drama. We know that his natural acting style and perfect visual looks appealed to the production."

credit to Osen News http://news.nate.com/view/20100618n06364?mid=e0102

Brief translation by rain bird.

Guest angelordevil

Daniel Henny will join Run Away

wwow it's quite interested

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002035445

2010062014304701949_1.jpg

[June-20-2010] Actor 'Daniel Hay'll join KBS 2TV drama Runaway starring Rain.

'Daniel Hay'll return to work as an actor in 4 years, joining KBS 2TV drama Runaway starring Rain.

This drama features the love triangle between actress 'Lee Na-Young', Rain, and 'Daniel Hay' to act her guardian angel who screens her from danger and protects her.

Menawhile, unbeknownst to themselves, love'll blossom between the male and female characters while the two will play a cat-and mouse game to trap each other with the dynamic plot line of the drama, and this drama'll be shot on location abroad such as Japan, China, Thailnad, Philippine, etc, including Korea.

'Runaway' which has already become the most desired drama at home and abroad, as they cast Rain as the leading character with the joining of the production team of huge box-office hit drama 'Chuno' which went off the air last March, will be aired at the end of September.

credit to Money Today's Star News http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview ... ;outlink=2&SVEC

Brief translation by rain bird.

Guest run_lola_run

Daniel Henney has been cast? I haven't seen him in a long time. Looks like Run Away is THE comeback drama for the main cast.

Now I wonder if any of the other female castmembers will be revealed soon.

Runaway adds Daniel Henney to its cast

June 20th, 2010 // by javabeans

henney_41.jpg

So Daniel Henney is joining Rain, Lee Jung-jin, and Lee Na-young in spy drama show Runaway, and I’m kinda ambivalent about it.

On one hand, the man is beautiful. On the hand, his acting… not so beautiful. He’s improved since his debut, but not enough for me to get any sort of excited about this. (He was gorgeous and wooden in Sam-soon. Gorgeous and embarrassingly bad in Seducing Mr. Perfect. Better but still inhibited in My Father. And the U.S. medical series Three Rivers made me cringe.)

In Runaway, he’ll form a love triangle between Rain and Lee Na-young’s characters. (I’m guessing the name of that triangle is acute isosceles, wherein he’s the short leg. Seriously, I can’t imagine him being compelling against those two; Rain has serious screen presence and Lee can be mesmerizing.) Henney’s character watches over and protects Lee’s character, “but the details of the character have not yet been decided.” This suggests he wasn’t cast because he fit the script, but that they’ll be creating a role for him. I suppose this means Daniel Henney : Runaway :: Oh Ji-ho : Chuno.

I wonder if Henney will communicate solely in English, as he has in most (all?) of his roles; he speaks pretty good Korean but it seems he’s self-conscious about using it if it isn’t perfect. On the upside, it’ll be nice to have an English-speaking character in a drama actually knowing how to speak English.

Runaway is looking at a September premiere on KBS.

Via Star News

Source:dramabeans

[ChanMi's drama news] "Fugitive" casting Daniel Henney

tn_1277018222_-108253861_0.jpg

Actor Daniel Henney is in the upcoming mini series, "Fugitive". It will be his first drama in 4 years in Korea!

He has been casted in this drama recently in a role taking care of Jinny acted by Lee Na-young. He will be in the love triangle with Jiwoo acted by Rain for Jinny's love.

Daniel Henney's last drama was "My Name is Kim Sam-soon" and "Sring Waltz".

He had been in the Hollywood film "X-Men: Wolverine" and his role in the drama is more awaited for.

This drama will be sold to different countries in Asia.

Source : news.nate.com

Translation : Hancinema

Daniel Henney joins Runaway

danielhenney_20100620_seoulbeats.jpg

In his first role in a Kdrama since 2006’s Spring Waltz, Daniel Henney will join the cast of KBS’ Runaway (aka Fugitive) along with world star Rain, Lee Na Young (Ireland), and Lee Jung Jin (9 End 2 Outs). Runaway is shaping up to be a hit featuring the return to the Kdrama world for Rain and Daniel Henney. The Kdrama also received some buzz when My Sassy Girl’s Jeon Ji Hyun turned down the lead role and then soon after rumors were flying that she and Rain were an item (which they both immediately denied).

Runaway is being led by the team behind the hit Chuno, PD Kwak Jung Hwan and writer Chun Sung Il. The Kdrama is said to be a spy melodrama whose story centers around a large amount of money that disappeared during the Korean War and resurfaces. The search for the money will take the main characters all over Asia with the cast and crew scheduled to shoot in Busan, Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Shanghai, Macau, and Hong Kong. The drama has actually started filming and is set to be broadcast in late September/early October.

The buzz surrounding Runaway continues to impress and intrigue and my interest has been piqued. I’m hoping that the Kdrama lives up to the return of Rain and Daniel Henney and everyone’s expectations.

cr: StarNews, TVDaily, seoulbeats

June 21, 2010

Lee Jung Jin Cast In ‘Runaway’

Actor Lee Jung Jin, who is now appearing on the KBS entertainment program “Qualifications of Men” as a cast member, has been cast in the KBS drama “Runaway,” in which singer and actor Rain (real name Jung Ji Hoon) has already been cast.

7417_1298_l.jpg

According to a statement released on June 18 by his agency, Lee Jung Jin will play the section chief of a foreign affair investigation in the police station named Do Soo. “Runaway” is about people who are chasing an astronomical amount of money and it has become an issue as writer Chun Sung Il and producing director Kwak Jung Hwan, who worked together in the KBS drama “The Slave Hunters,” have formed a production team again.

Actress Lee Na Young will make a comeback to the small screen after six years as she has also been cast in the drama as the main actress to play Jin Yi.

Lee Jung Jin reportedly said, “I am glad that I can work in filming a good drama. I have great expectations, just as viewers do, so I will do my best to make a strong impression on viewers.”

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentNews/view.html?No=7417

Daniel Henney hops aboard "Domangja" cast

2010062115010601028_1.jpg

Korean-American actor Daniel is the latest actor to be cast alongside Rain and Lee Na-young for upcoming TV series "Domangja s1," according to his agency Apple Of The Eye on Monday.

Apple Of The Eye announced in a press release that the actor will play the role of a shipping tycoon, who falls in love with Lee's character Jin-yi and tries to help her with his wealth and power.

"We are happy that Henney will be appearing in a high-quality drama that will be a collaboration between the best director and writer," an official at Apple was quoted as saying. "Daniel Henney is focusing on studying his character and is highly looking forward to meeting viewers on the small screen for the first time in a long while."

The series will be directed by noted television producer Kwak Jung-hwan and written by Chun Sung-il, the duo behind the recent hit TV series "The Slave Hunters" earlier this year.

Chun has revealed that he "had Henney in mind" since first creating the character, whom he described as having "a cold-blooded charisma underneath a warm smile."

So far, the A-list line-up for the romantic comedy-intelligence action drama includes multi-talented entertainer Rain, actress Lee Na-young and actor Lee Jung-jin.

Filming for "Domangja s1," about a hefty sum of money popping up sixty years after it disappeared in times of the Korean War, will take place in various Asian cities including Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Shanghai, Beijing, Macau and Hong Kong.

Born in Michigan to a Korean-American mother and an American father of British descent, Henney made his debut in the Korean entertainment business as a model and gained fame appearing in television commercials alongside top Korean actresses Jun Ji-hyun and Kim Tae-hee.

With his good looks and mild personality, he became a phenomenon around the country after appearing in the smash hit drama "My Name Is Kim Sam Soon" in 2005. He had no Korean-speaking lines in the show.

Last year, he had a supporting role alongside top Hollywood actor Hugh Jackman in the action film "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and scored his first gig on a U.S. television drama "Three Rivers" (CBS). Medical transplant drama "Rivers" was cancelled after the first eight episodes.

"Domangja s1" will premiere in Korea around late September.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010062115485346109

Guest angelordevil

I think we have another actor join Run Away

http://news.nate.com/view/20100620n01530

and now we can know what the film said if s.o can translate this article

http://news.nate.com/view/20100621n20703

Yoon Jin-seo joins cast of Runaway

June 21st, 2010 // by javabeans

yoonjinseo12.jpg

Oh, I like this: Yoon Jin-seo has been added to the cast of Runaway, playing an offbeat and lively detective. She’ll be chasing the two leads, spy Rain and mysterious operative Lee Na-young, which means she’ll be working a lot with Lee Jung-jin, another of the pair’s pursuers who is her superior.

PD Kwak Jung-hwan explained that he chose Yoon for her ability to transform herself. That’s certainly true, as she has played a variety of different roles in her previous projects such as Return of Iljimae, Secret Lovers, and Beastie Boys. She’s got a refreshing quality to her that can be sexy but also innocent, depending on the role, and a lovely aura.

Interestingly, one article describes this drama as a “romantic comedy spy melodrama” — the first time I’ve heard rom-com applied to the show. I’ve got nothing against it, although it makes me think of writer Chun’s other spy drama (the Civil Servant remake)…

Runaway premieres in September on KBS.

Via Mk.co.kr, E Daily

06.22.10 Visit our new ‘spin off’ site, Fugitive625

SixtoFive1982 has launched a new ‘spin off’ site called “Fugitive625“ ( http://fugitive625.wordpress.com/) for Rain’s new up and coming drama . The purpose for this blog will be to keep up with ALL the stars of the drama and the latest updates on the show. We of course will continue to post all Rain related news here ^^

We hope to see you there, please stop by and show us some ♥, and of course thoughts & suggestions are welcomed!

Cr-http://sixtofive1982.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/06-22-10-visit-our-new-spin-off-site-fugitive625/

June 24, 2010

Daniel Henney To Make Comeback after Four Years with ‘Runaway’

Daniel Henney will make a comeback to the small screen after four years away with the spy action drama “Runaway,” in which Rain (real name Jung Ji Hoon) will also appear.

7420_1304_l.jpg

According to a statement released on June 21 by his agency, Henney will play a shipping magnate named Kai who loves Jin Yi (Lee Na Young) in the drama “Runaway.” He is making a comeback to a TV drama four years since he appeared in the KBS drama “Spring Waltz” in 2006. “Runaway” is about people who are chasing an astronomical amount of money, and notably writer Chun Sung Il and producing director Kwak Jung Hwan, who worked together in the KBS drama “The Slave Hunters,” have formed a production team again. Rain has been cast as the male lead named Ji Woo, who will be involved in a mysterious incident and Lee Na Young will play his counterpart, the female lead named Jin Yi.

Kai is a passionate character who goes through fire and water to recapture Jin Yi -- who had left him due to a sudden accident -- and he will be fated to confront Rain.

Writer Chun Sung Il said, “From the time when I first planned the drama and the character Kai, who hides impassioned charisma behind his lovely smile, I have had Daniel Henney in mind for Kai.”

Henney appeared in the Hollywood blockbuster “Wolverine” last year and his name was popularized as he appeared in the American TV drama “Three Rivers.”

“Runaway” will be broadcast at the end of September on KBS 2TV.

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentNews/view.html?No=7420

10-06-24 Rain Bi & Lee Na-young _ Runaway Drama new picture

1.jpg

Credit : http://memo-rain.ning.com/profiles/blogs/100624-rain-bi-amp-lee-nayoung

Lee Na Young flexes her action muscles in Runaway

June 23rd, 2010 // by javabeans

run2.jpg

With its cast in place, the drama Runaway is getting busy with production, and Lee Na-young makes the transition to action star. These latest stills show the actress escaping from a high-rise building; Lee plays “Jin-yi,” a mysterious woman who looks innocent on the outside but hides her real motives for getting close to “Ji-woo” (Rain), whom she approaches with the intent to manipulate. Romance complicates matters. So do the pursuers on their tail.

One source said, “Lee Na-young spent several hours suspended in mid-air while filming. She threw herself into the shoot whole-heartedly, and although it was a difficult situation, she managed not to lose her smile throughout it.”

The all-star cast also features Daniel Henney as Lee Na-young’s protector, while Lee Jung-jin and Yoon Jin-seo are the officers in pursuit of the two leads. The plot kicks off when a huge sum of money makes a reappearance after being hidden for sixty years, ever since it disappeared during the Korean War.

The drama takes the actors through multiple Asian metropolises — Seoul, Busan, Shanghai, Beijing, Macau, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Osaka, and Yokohama. It premieres at the end of September on KBS.

Via OSEN

Guest Yunho_Jaejoong

Nice pictures of Lee Na Young updates! She's not pretty at the first glance but I suppose her beauty grows on you. :)

Daniel Henney has almost crossed the "Three Rivers" into the land of "Fugitives"

danielhenney-20100628.jpg

The Korean American star has shared the last on-set pictures of his USA TV show.

Actor/Model Daniel Henney will soon be saying goodbye to his homeland and make a return to his place of stardom. Before he travels back to Korea,the star uploaded on-set pictures of him and a few castmates from “Three Rivers”. Here are the pictures uploaded to his facebook page, on June 25th:

danielhenney-201006281.jpg

These pictures must have been very bittersweet for the small cast.I bet they will miss being in the presence of our star’s hottness every week! However,they would probably not be able look upon our gorgeous Daniel anymore anyway.You need sunglasses to look at this handsome man up close.He has piercing good looks.

When can you watch the finale of his medically informative show? Daniel‘s team has tweeted your answer! On June 26th, Team D wrote the following bird message:”Make sure to watch the series finale next Sat. @ 8:00. And we all look forward to seeing more of Daniel in Sept. on the much anticipated drama – Fugitive. Go Daniel! – Team D”

So, there you have it! Daniel will soon leave the medical rivers and return to your TV screen in a land filled with fugitives.

Source : popseoul

Daniel Henney almost adopted a baby boy

20100627_danielhenneyadopt_0.jpg

Well that’s what his recent Twitter update said.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Just one week ago we reported that Daniel Henney had joined the all-star cast of the upcoming KBS drama Fugitive. His tweet on the 24th stated that he was visiting family in Detroit before leaving to begin filming in Japan.

(skipped...)

Source : allkpop

Archived