Clubbox Tutorial + FAQs

Guest happyroach

Guest lordbordem

Yay time for minor technical talk to explain the errors within CB for the sake of curiosity.

Several reasons but the main one lies with the way the CB pages load their Javascript sections.

They have placed their Javascript right at the end of their HTML, which means they end up loading at the very end. I haven't actually researched it in enough detail to know if the norms to place them at the very top, but that was what i was taught when doing Web-Design.

A simple number, just the code to load the file list (just the part that shows the files), is over 4500 lines of code, which is a large number compared to most sites i've seen. That number doesn't include the number of code that loads the folders, the background pages, the top member bar etc

So what is happening with these errors is that for a variety of reasons, the browser isn't downloading the whole page before executing the necessary items to properly display the page, and once the browser sees a javascript miss, it will halt downloading the page and you get the errors.

So a simple analogy is someone trying to start a car when the engine hasn't been installed yet, the key and key hole might exist but the actual push behind the scene is missing, and than afterwards not actually bothering to fix the issue.

IE is also a bit dodgy in this regard, it shows up the page as "done" when it is still doing stuff in the background.

There is several ways to fix this, none of which we can really do, They either fix IE to be more in line with Firefox or Chrome or Opera (which have a more advance Javascript rendering engine) or the clubbox team fixes their websites.

A solution for the rest of us, refresh the whole page and than go grab a cup of coffee or something, then come back a few minutes later so at least it gives IE time to fully download and run the javascript for the page.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lordbordem

i'm going to presume that everyone here knows what a green-file is so i'll skip the details (if you don't know it has been covered a few times in this thread).

Anyway to the point.

Clubbox has started adding variety shows to the green-file list, so far the list includes but is not limited to

Good Sunday-Family Outing

Infinity Challenge (From 22nd onwards)

Come To Play (From 24th onwards)

Best Friend Note Season 2

If you depend on Clubbox to get those shows, i recommend either being very quick with the downloads (as in make sure they are downloaded within an hour or two of them being broadcast and uploaded)

Or

Use torrents

Or

You can pay for them if you are registered as a Korean User

Currently it seems limited to Ental release versions only, i haven't had a chance to check because i've had my internet capped, by the Han releases don't seem to be on the Green-file list.

Clubbox owners also seem to be uploading different release groups aswell so if one doesn't work, its worth trying the same file from a different release group

Guest lucky_moon

Thanks for the updates, Hopefully it'll not go to other version such as HAN & KSMD..

I'd depend on HAN version if it'll not be tagged as a green files, at least much more clear screen than Ental..

Guest lordbordem

Well by looking at the way they covered Drama Green files, it won't be long before they cover the other releases for Variety shows aswell.

I've also noticed that the time it takes for files to be tagged as green has dropped dramatically.

Before it could take nearly a day before the file was tagged as green. Now it happens in a matter of hours and even minutes.

I'm guessing all those extra service monitors they were hiring recently being put to good use -.-"

Guest redevilica

lordbordem - thank you for the Green Files updates as always ^^ and also about the Error 103. Some people has been asking me about it and I haven't got a clue :P

Is that why nowadays a lot of CBs uploaded HAN version instead of Ental?

Guest lordbordem

That was the idea initially, but now it doesn't really matter, most releases are now green file fairly quickly.

If you really need to download a green file there really is only a few choices, get in fast or find another alternative.

I'm sure eventually someone will figure out how to circumvent green file protection (i'm guessing changing a file CRC hash might work) but until then most seem to be just re-uploading once in awhile.

hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me.

i'm trying to sign up for clubbox through the foreign users sign up page because i don't have a korean social security number. and whenever i type in my birthday in the correct format [1993.03.09 = 930309] and do everything else fine, it brings me back to the top of the page. i know the birthday is always bold red so i'm not sure if i typed in my birthday in wrong or not because clubbox doesn't specifically tell you what you did wrong. maybe it's just me encountering this problem but it's super frustrating because i've been trying to make a clubbox forever now. if anyone knows the solution to my problem please help ^^ or if anyone is kind enough, can someone help me make my account? (:

Use IE only!

clubbox doesn't work on fire fox

How come, I overlooked this thread? I posted my clubbox qn in wrong section. :wacko:

Okay, I would like to check with you guys. Anyone of you, are you using 64 bit PC? Can clubbox work smoothly?

You see, I am going to get a new pc, 64 bit but I am still unsure whether clubbox can work well or not. Or it must be only 32 bit? hmm.

I want to get 64 bit as it is more efficient and does more work than 32 bit. But I read that not all 32 bit applications may not work well on 64 bit OS. So, I am worried about clubbox. I guess, clubbox is 32 bit?

So, please do let me know asap as next week will be my purchasing a new pc. :(

Many many thanks! ♥

by the way, lordbordem, I saw your name appearing often in this thread when I was reading backwards till Page 207. You seem like an expert in clubbox. So, do you have the answer to my question above? thanks a lot! ♥

Guest lordbordem

i somewhat forgot my id and password... how will i be able to know it again? what will i click?

Not that i've seen sorry...

How come, I overlooked this thread? I posted my clubbox qn in wrong section. :wacko:

Okay, I would like to check with you guys. Anyone of you, are you using 64 bit PC? Can clubbox work smoothly?

You see, I am going to get a new pc, 64 bit but I am still unsure whether clubbox can work well or not. Or it must be only 32 bit? hmm.

I want to get 64 bit as it is more efficient and does more work than 32 bit. But I read that not all 32 bit applications may not work well on 64 bit OS. So, I am worried about clubbox. I guess, clubbox is 32 bit?

So, please do let me know asap as next week will be my purchasing a new pc. :(

Many many thanks! ♥

by the way, lordbordem, I saw your name appearing often in this thread when I was reading backwards till Page 207. You seem like an expert in clubbox. So, do you have the answer to my question above? thanks a lot! ♥

Not an expert, just have the most free time around here :P

Anyway, I've run Clubbox on Windows7 X64 and it runs fine so i presume it will for most people.

lordbordem, thanks!! btw, also no problems with downloading? I mean no cut off or no hanging when still downloading.

oh i see. it is great to have you around here!!! i love you, man! hehe. :)

I can't seem to download from clubbox since yesterday. A box appears every time I try to download, and it says :

아래 컨텐츠는 클럽박스가 영화 저작권자에게 권리를 위임받은 합법적인 컨텐츠로서,

다운로드 시 캐쉬가 필요합니다.

제목 그린쿠폰 필요캐쉬

솔약국집아들들 42회 사용가능 500C

결제하신 그린 파일은 3일간 재결제 없이 언제든 다운로드 하실 수 있습니다.

선택된 컨텐츠 : 1개 / 500C 그린쿠폰 선택

그린쿠폰 선택 쿠폰 사용액 : 0C 최종 결제 캐쉬 : 500C

캐쉬 부족합니다. 충전하시겠습니까?

I don't understand Korea, so if any kind soul help me it'd be much appreciated. Tks

Guest kyotoji

I can't seem to download from clubbox since yesterday. A box appears every time I try to download, and it says :

아래 컨텐츠는 클럽박스가 영화 저작권자에게 권리를 위임받은 합법적인 컨텐츠로서,

다운로드 시 캐쉬가 필요합니다.

제목 그린쿠폰 필요캐쉬

솔약국집아들들 42회 사용가능 500C

결제하신 그린 파일은 3일간 재결제 없이 언제든 다운로드 하실 수 있습니다.

선택된 컨텐츠 : 1개 / 500C 그린쿠폰 선택

그린쿠폰 선택 쿠폰 사용액 : 0C 최종 결제 캐쉬 : 500C

캐쉬 부족합니다. 충전하시겠습니까?

I don't understand Korea, so if any kind soul help me it'd be much appreciated. Tks

lordbordem has this being explained quite clearly.

This is what it is called Green File. You have to pay in order to download.

you may get some explanations on pg 231.

If not, try and direct yourself to few more earlier pages or later pages of pg 231.

Can grab on pg 221, before or after this page also.

Hope it will give you some light. ;)

*i hate GREEN files*

i'm going to presume that everyone here knows what a green-file is so i'll skip the details (if you don't know it has been covered a few times in this thread).

Anyway to the point.

Clubbox has started adding variety shows to the green-file list, so far the list includes but is not limited to

Good Sunday-Family Outing

Infinity Challenge (From 22nd onwards)

Come To Play (From 24th onwards)

Best Friend Note Season 2

Currently it seems limited to Ental release versions only, i haven't had a chance to check because i've had my internet capped, by the Han releases don't seem to be on the Green-file list.

Clubbox owners also seem to be uploading different release groups aswell so if one doesn't work, its worth trying the same file from a different release group

Sighed!

lordbordem, Han releases also on the Green-file list....

I tried all versions ... and sadly to say, YES, as long as it is that show, it is being taken down as green file...

And now, more and more variety shows include Good Sunday-Family Outing, Oppa Band are in the list.

I have the feelings that by end of this week - All, Anything, as long as it is korean related programs, be it be dramas, variety shows, entertainment programs etc - all will be capped under green files.

Now, i am so disappointed with CB. How??? How??? WHY???? WHY????

Thanks kyotoji for clearing this up to me ^___^

I am really dissappointed too since CB has practically been my ultimate source of kdramas. I was able to make my collections of 720p files also from CB. Sigh, now what.....no longer can make my own collection no more :huh:

Guest fabichan

I just read the file green of clubbox.

My English is not good, so do not quite understand, I speak Spanish, sorry.

So I can not download programs Inkigayo, Music Core, etc. by clubbox?

Guest lordbordem

is there anyway to cheat the system for clubbox without us having to pay these programs????

No and even if there was, it would be illegal to mention here anyway so it's not worth asking ;)

I know the same thing.

Also I do not see the files in an orderly manner as before, it's all very confusing now.

Yes there is no easy way to see if something is a green file.

But music programs should be okay for now on clubbox, and if not there is a lot of options to get them elsewhere

Archived