Admin

[Ratings: Tues, 07.30.13]

Tues July 30, 2013

Dramas

1. MBC Goddess of Fire Jeongi 10.4→ 11.0

2. KBS Shark 8..4→10.7

3. SBS Empire of Gold 10.4→10.2

Cable

tvN Who Are You 0.595→ 0.564 (tvN+OnStyle)

Variety

1. KBS Our Neighborhood Variety and Sports 7.0

2. SBS Incarnation 6.9

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research
**Numbers may vary due to calculations and other factors 

Photo Credit: KBS / enewsworld

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Who Are You - 2013" Episode 2

photo332527.jpg

It turns out that the evil doctor is just as loony and cartoonish as the name "evil doctor" makes him sound. Literally the minute Si-On finds out his terrible crime, the stress of pretending to be an innocent person becomes too much for him and he immediately resorts to every ridiculous stock villain cliche he can think of in order to...actually, it's really not at all clear what he was planning to accomplish by attacking Si-On. There's a monologue reciting his villainous misdeeds. I guess sometimes you really just need to do an evil monologue.

Fortunately the villain has magical plot powers that keep Si-On from just beating him immediately. The evil doctor isn't physically intimidating at all. And given what we see in this episode, Si-On should easily be able to take him out in a fistfight. My only real complaint about this episode is that we never get to see Si-On physically beating up a doctor that looks maybe twenty years older than she is. He doesn't even look like he's in good shape- come on, just deck him!

I hope at some point Si-On does get to beat up someone because the poor woman is just so agitated by everything. Can't say I blame her. Actress So I-hyeon seems to be struggling between showing the disgust her character is supposed to feel at confronting the evil doctor with the frustration she feels as a person for how awful this dialogue is. In between that, the ghosts, and her dimwitted love interest anyone would be frustrated.

Another part of this drama is clearly established that I can definitely get behind. Si-On and Geon-Woo are laughably unprofessional police officers. In this episode both of them act in such a way that really should have gotten them fired, or at least suspended for fragrantly breaking the law. But after a very trivial lecture they just go right back to the same (less blatant) unprofessional behavior they were engaging in before.

On general principle, I consider fiction that glamorizes workplace romances to be problematic. There's a reason why so many companies have policies forbidding it. But these two people? When they've already shown a willingness to break far more important rules, why would they balk at violating a relatively benign policy like that? That's what I like about this drama. As much as it's failing to present its lead characters in a sympathetic light, its failures are internally consistent. 

Review by William Schwartz

"Who Are You - 2013" is directed by Jo Hyeon-tak, written by Moon Ji-yeong and features So I-hyeon, Taecyeon and Kim Jae-wook.

credit : Hancinema

New Drama "Who Are You" Starring So Yi Hyun and Taecyeon Hits Ratings Jackpot

기사관련사진

[spoiler Alert: Please do not read further, if you haven't watched the first two episodes of 'Who Are You!]

It appears cable channel tvN’s Monday Tuesday drama, ‘Who Are You’ is going to hit the jackpot.

On July 30, the broadcasting of ‘Who Are You’ recorded an average viewer’s rating of 1.8% (TNmS, Cable Subscription Household, tvN On Style total standard), the instant ratings were 2.3%. In cable dramas, 1% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win.

On this broadcast, the spirit of a junior high school student pleads for help and for vengeance to Si Ohn (So Yi Hyun) when a head to head combat is drawn between the criminal Park Hyung Jin (Jang Hyun Sung).

Si Ohn who says she is unable to punish him properly by law and pours out her rage towards jeering Park Hyung Jin and sticks out a gun. Though she was able to avoid the murder with Gun Woo’s (Ok Taecyeon) restraint, Si Ohn received a disciplinary action of a ‘six month salary reduction’ due to Park Hyung Jin’s gunshot wound.

Si Ohn and Gun Woo’s love line also grabbed much attention. While Gun Woo is trying to save a kidnapped Si Ohn, when he finds himself in a disciplinary crisis because of Si Ohn, the he bickered about pouring out both resentment and blunt words.

Also, Gun Woo caresses Si Ohn who is being teased by colleagues as a crazy woman at a get-together spot. Making the leader of the teasing pay for the dinner and tricking him, Gun Woo presented a heart-warming charm.

‘Who Are You’ is a fantasy ghost drama about main female character Si Ohn who can see spirits and untangles their unfairness. Other than the similarity of being a cop, with a totally different story of the story of a man and woman who solve situations of spirits that left behind their belongings at the police department’s lost & found center, and also interestingly learn to understand each other through this process.

(source: nate news) / DramaFever

***Taecyeon isn’t only a rapper but he could sing, too. I wonder why TOP isn’t in the list. I don’t think the list is accurate since his name isn’t included here:))

Eye Candy: Male Rappers

2PM-Taecyeon-B1A4-Baro-BAP-Bang-Yong-Guk

Throw away the false pretense that agencies make certain idols the rappers of their groups because their vocals aren't as impressive. Trust us - we've seen guys try and end up sounding like they were trying to read lines from a textbook really, really fast... words in a different language. So in the end, it just sounds like the poor guy is having a tongue seizure. 

But here's to the guys who have an exceptional knack for rapping. Whether it be their husky voices or impeccable dictation, these guys have a presence and lingering impression that's not easily replicable.

(skipped unrelated.....)

2PM's Taecyeon5zic_1375477195_-Taecyeon-cabi-2pm-18940

Like we mentioned earlier, these are only some of our favorite male rappers who consistently seem to send K-pop into a frenzy. Who are your favorite male rappers?

source : allkpop

7 Idol Actors graded by professionals

6778924b02eaeee608362a856d57cd78.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

3. Taecyeon: 81 points

Pros: He received a passing grade for his acting in 'Dream High', and his performance in his tvN drama 'Who Are You' is worth looking forward to.

Cons: Despite his decent acting skills, his image as a beastly member of 2PM often leads to the public underestimating his actual skills.

source : netizenbuzz

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Who Are You - 2013" Episode 3

photo334715.jpg

Si-On seems to have trouble making up her mind about the best way to get rid of the annoying ghosts. One minute she decides to just do whatever it is the ghost wants her to do, even if it makes no intuitive sense in the situation and makes her look like even crazier a person than usual. The next she tries to avoid or run away from the ghost, always forgetting that, as a ghost, Si-On can be followed basically anywhere. Sometimes she asks for help only to ignore it in a huff. Si-On seems to have forgotten that she can make the ghosts leave by taking her meds. Or maybe that was just the writer, I'm not really sure.

Ghost rules also take a perplexing turn in this episode. Apparently there's some sort of relation to how much of a ghost we can see compared to how many parts of the original corporeal body can be found? And no, that sentence doesn't make much more sense if put into context. The ghost seems only capable of helping Si-On in very piecemeal ways that advance the story at a slow pace. Why her powers have such arbitrary limitations is unclear. It's probably too much to hope for that next episode the ghost will make the villain feel chilly at a critical moment.

Geon-Woo's actions are about as inexplicable. He goes along with every crazy plan Si-On comes up this episode, then when it comes to a relatively minor bureaucratic dust-up at the office then all of a sudden he's willing to challenge rank in front of the subordinates. He picks battles over the weirdest stuff- by which I mean the most normal stuff, since the weird stuff is what he's going along with for no reason. In fact, Geon-Woo seems to have the ability to teleport just in time to see when Si-On is about to doing something strange.

We get more exposition about the two other subordinate officers at the Lost and Found center. It involves them going to a dance club. Why this scene was necessary I have no idea. I'm trying to imagine how a future episode could possibly build off of this and I have nothing. Personally, I'm hoping the dance club is haunted. There's absolutely no evidence to support that particular narrative direction but that hasn't stopped this drama before.

Right now it looks like the drama is in a holding pattern. Si-On is annoyed by ghosts into solving a mystery. Geon-Woo always decides on the course of action that is least professional at any given moment. Together, they fight crime. And I mean that literally. These characters aren't detectives- they just randomly waltz into dangerous situations with no plan in a way that encourages physical conflict. I look forward to their next terrible course of decision-making.

"Who Are You - 2013" is directed by Jo Hyeon-tak, written by Moon Ji-yeong and features So I-hyeon, Taecyeon and Kim Jae-wook.

[Ratings: Mon, 08.06.13]

Monday August 6, 2013

Dramas

1. KBS Good Doctor 10.9

2. MBC Goddess of Fire Jeongi 10.0

3. SBS Empire of Gold 9.8

Cable

tvN Who Are You 0.652 (tvN + Story On)

Variety

1. KBS Hello 10.0

2. SBS Healing Camp 5.5

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Who Are You - 2013" Episode 4

photo334955.jpg

After an extended, protracted conflict that involve fistfights, knifefights, clubfights, and gunfights, we finally discover who murdered the poor chilly ghost who's been pestering Si-On. And it turns out...that it wasn't actually much of a murder at all. Legally speaking, I don't think the villain actually broke any laws. Well, I guess there's the shady guys in suits, the skulking around at night, the dismembering of the body, and the strange fixation with the suitcase, all that stuff was probably illegal. But aside from that, there wasn't actually any original crime.

Seldom have I ever seen a drama where so many people expend so much effort to accomplish so little. I think I get where Si-On is coming from now, though. Now that she's resigned to a life of being harassed by ghosts, Si-On makes the most of it by annoying other people as much as possible. She has mastered their art of provoking over-reaction. Just as Si-On is provoked into solving elaborate murder mysteries, other people attempt to attack Si-On just because she asks a few slightly rude questions.

I might expect that these crooks would hesitate at snuffing out a police officer, given that's exactly the kind of crime that would get the attention of cops more important than the ones that work at a lost and found. But then, maybe they don't think Si-On and Geon-Woo are real cops. Their outfits look like the kind of light police riot gear normally seen in video games about zombies. They don't look like cops at all. Which might be to their advantage if they ever wanted to go undercover somewhere.

It seems unlikely that either of them have the subtlety or tact necessary for that kind of operation, though we may soon see this attemped anyway. Some plot devices appear in this episode that are clearly intended to connect to the drama's overarching plotline. If the first storyline was about a single incompetent crazy criminal, and the second one was about several incompetent crazy people, then presumably the ultimate storyline is about a large organization of incompetent crazy people.

Clearly this escalation can't go on forever. Even the characters are getting tired of these goofy forays. Si-On now just seems to expect that ghosts will show up randomly. She's still scared, and why not, even annoying ghosts can be pretty frightening. But this kind of attitude is starting to affect Si-On professionally. It's pretty inconvenient having to constantly second-guess whether nearby entities are real or paranormal when Si-On's job is supposed to require decisive action lest she become a ghost herself.

[Twitter Roundup]

Happy Friday!

As we look forward to the weekend ahead of us, the stars updated fans on their latest whereabouts, from the ski slopes to the subway station, and it’s all in today’s Twitter Roundup!

(skipped unrelated)

48541051.jpg

2PM’s Taecyeon tweeted a photo with Chansung on August 8, writing “Chansung, who surprised me on the Who Are You set!! Was totally surprised ㅋㅋㅋ Because this is Gapyeong ㅋㅋㅋ Seriously thank you for coming~.”

Photo credit: Above mentioned stars’ respective SNS / enewsworld

class="svtitle"2PM's Taecyeon Spreads the Happy Virus on the Set of 'Who Are You'Taecyeon acts cute for 'Who Are You'

He may be a beast, but he can still be cute when he wants to.

On August 11, the producers of tvN's Who Are You released pictures of Ok Taecyeon acting cute on set.

2PM's Taecyeon Spreads the Happy Virus on the Set of 'Who Are You'

In the pictures, Taecyeon pouts, smiles with ice cream and talks into a cone with a mischievous expression on his face.

It is said that he got staff to love him with his friendly nature.

Producer Lee Min Jin of CJ E&M, in charge of Who Are You, commented, "Even in his busy schedule and the outside heat, Ok Taecyeon has always been smiling and humble. He spreads happiness on set, and is loved by everyone. His charms help his character Cha Geon Woo shine."

In the upcoming episode of Who Are You, Yang Si On (So E Hyun) will meet a new spirit contained in a wooden case.

Photo credit: tvN

source : http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/hallyu/CJ/storyviewer.aspx?cp-documentid=253476355

class="content-title"Gajamiboy Releases “Happy” MV for Drama “Who Are You?”

Gajamiboy Releases “Happy” MV for Drama “Who Are You?”

Are you looking for some music to change up your K-Pop playlist?

On August 13, CJENMMUSIC uploaded Gajamiboy’s “Happy,” which is a track included in the original soundtrack for tvN’s drama “Who Are You?” It’s a song about yearning for the happy times in the past and wanting to go back to that particular joyous time. Categorized as guitar pop, the song emphasizes the group’s signature boy-like sensitivity.

Leader Richie Kim wrote the song in his spare time and it wasn’t included in the group’s album nor was it ever performed live. The indie group has a mania-like following in the underground scene and it was reported that the fans were highly anticipating the track.

The music video shows several scenes from the drama “Who Are You?” which is a supernatural melodrama about Si On (played by So Yi Hyun), a girl who awoke from a six-year coma and has the ability to see ghosts, and Gun Woo (played by Ok Taecyeon), who only believes in practical and tangible things that can be seen and touched. The ghost of Si On’s dead boyfriend (played by Kim Jae Wook) appears between the two, creating a strange love triangle story.

credit : soompi news

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Who Are You - 2013" Episode 5

photo337125.jpg

There's something nearly artistic about the screenwriter's insistence on making sure that every single plot event and character in "Who Are You - 2013" connects to everything else somehow, regardless of whether it makes any kind of logical sense. It's not even an idiot plot- the story feels like a divine hand is specifically manipulating people to do weird stuff for no reason just to set up whatever's going to happen next episode. Accept that conceit, and the characters are almost behaving somewhat intelligently.

The annoying ghost this time around isn't scary, but he has an astonishingly bad sense of timing. Where the other ghosts had the sense to terrorize Si-On in private and be pretty clear about what they wanted, the new ghost just does the same annoying actions repeatedly while Si-On is in the room with other people. The look on her face make it clear that she just wants to smack this guy, if only because it's just plain illogical that no one else can hear him this time.

Ghost rules are getting harder and harder to figure out. The ghosts manipulate their environments exactly the same way real human beings would, except when they don't. Possibly this is because they don't always remember that they don't, and have created a small field of alternate reality immediately around themselves which causes all mechanical objects to respond as if they were still alive through the sheer willpower of undead belief. Or maybe it's just too inconvenient for the cast and crew to use the special ghost effects all the time. Whichever floats your boat.

The characters at this point are not only completely unprofessional, but unpersonal, too. That's probably not a word but I don't know what else to call it. Geon-Woo's ingenius plan to find out how Si-On knows so much weird stuff is foiled because he apparently doesn't remember what usually happens after he drinks beer. One of the subordinates has told an elaborate, easily dispoved, and pointless lie and, I really have to wonder, what did he think was going to happen? How long did he think this relationship was going to on without her ever noticing the deception? The mistake he makes is so elementary that I have to wonder how whether he or any other character in this show has ever tried to do anything sneaky, ever.

As a final note, this episode gets the prize for goofy, unconvincing plot twist. The drama takes the question that no one ever asked, and gives us the answer we never would have expected. I don't mean that it's surprising, I mean it's such an irrelevant revelation but it's delivered as if it's this profound character building moment. And the invisible hand guiding this drama went to so much trouble to set it up, too. But hey, I can't be too mad at a narrative development which involves Geum-Woo picking a fight with four guys just for the heck of it.

[Ratings: Tues, 08.13.13]

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dramas

1. KBS Good Doctor 15.3 →15.8

2. SBS Empire of Gold 10.0 →11.2

3. MBC Goddess of Fire Jeongi 9.1 →9.6

Cable

tvN Who Are You 1.295 → 1.035 (tvN)

Variety

1. KBS Our Neighborhood Variety and Sports 7.5

2. SBS Incarnation 6.1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Who Are You - 2013" Episode 6

photo337324.jpg

This episode marks a departure from the series so far, in that it's relatively normal. There's not that much in the way of ghosts, ill-conceived ill-executed murder attempts, and contrived plotting. For the most part this is just the story of what happens when Si-On and Geon-Woo go on a company retreat. It's light-hearted comedic fare, with the occassional reference to the greater ghost storyline as, uncharacteristically, the two of them stop acting combative for the sake of being combative.

I give this drama a hard time for its absurdity, and for the most part it's well-deserved. A convoluted illegal plot does show up this episode. And true to form, the villain, rather than behave in a way that makes any kind of logical sense, comes up with an elaborate death trap that's both easy to escape and easy to notice by any random investigator. It's ridiculous just how bad these plans are, especially considering how powerful the villain ends up being.

But if I strip all that away and look at this drama in terms of its basic elements, without wondering about it's consistently inconsistent rules and characters, there's a lot to admire here. The camerawork is quite good and encapsulates everything in each given scene that we need to see. The characters are given excellent profile and are always easy to recognize. The outside is convincingly nighttime with no apparent flaws. Even the previous episodes with goofy ghost scenes are filmed quite effectively- it's the context that renders them nonsensical.

So I-hyeon and Taecyeon also have excellent chemistry. They play well off of each other. Yes, sometimes they try too hard and it feels like they have no idea what to do with the nonsensical script. Their characters are nonetheless well-defined, and their acting in this episode, without the contrivances overshadowing everything else, is actually quite good. They feel like they belong in a show about ghosts and terrible pasts that makes more logical sense.

The general unprofessionalism with which every character treats their job is on display here as well, and while I don't know if this is actually the script's intent, the actors seem to be running with the idea and not even putting up the pretense of being competent police officers unless a scene directly calls for their doing something heroic. Even though this episode feels very different from everything else so far, I still like it quite a bit. If a story must have mood whiplash, better to have it swing between individual episodes then constantly oscillating within the same one.

All About the Money: We Got Married and So Did the World, Part 2

01082013_seoulbeats_wgmglobal-620x433.jp

We Got Married Global is a spin-off from popular variety show We Got Married, where stars engage in pseudo-marriage life. This spin-off features celebrities from different countries paired together Korean idols Taecyeon and Hongki with Taiwanese Gui Gui and Japanese Fujii Mina respectively. The cultural differences between the couples added more to both their interactions and the viewers’ understanding as well, an issue covered in part 1 of this series. But cultural exchange isn’t the only aim of the show, and the second and last part focuses on this aspect — money.

To start off, there’s the show itself. The stats on online Chinese media giant iQiyi averaged a whopping five million views per episode, roughly about the views that top variety shows like Kang Xi Lai Le achieve per episode. In total, that’s about a minimum of 75 million views for all episodes in total, let alone the view count for the extra behind the scenes footage. Needless to say, the show has been pretty well-received in most of the Asian countries where it has been shown.

In the wake of WGM Global’s runaway success, Taecyeon and Gui Gui’s duet “I Love You” (above) topped the iTunes download chart in Taiwan. Fujii Mina landed a spot in Shinhwa’s music video “This Love” and an emcee-ing gig for Bucheon’s International Film Festival in Korea in the space of two months. For an actress who was mainly based in the Japan market before this, that is pretty good.

Variety shows and dramas help to improve the popularity of idols, and this isn’t a new piece of information by any means. Dream High, for example, skyrocketed Suzy‘s popularity, and Jo Kwon’s hard work on variety shows helped to put 2AM on the map. Upon the return of any K-pop group, it is perfectly normal for their members to book slots on variety shows (YG groups have recently become the most obvious example of this — Big Bang‘s comeback resulted in them appearing in places like Running Man, Strong Heart, Yoo Hee-yeol’s Sketchbook among others) to promote their albums.

This isn’t unique to K-pop culture either. Appearances on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, the Ellen DeGeneres Show in America are important for singers to get their name out there, as are variety shows like Happy Camp in China and Arashi no Shukudaikun in Japan.

01082013_seoulbeats_fujiimina

The key point is that in the K-pop world, this perceived personal relationship with idols is more central to the K-pop movement as compared to, say, American pop music. I’m not downplaying how much Directioners and Beliebers and the love-obsession the fan communities have for their artists; but for K-pop idols, personality is their bread and butter, what really shoots them into stardom. And it shows itself in really strange ways in the sales figures. The OST  “I Love You” isn’t a good song by any standard. It’s gimmicky, campy and not very professionally done up. But it sells in Taiwan, where most Chinese music is downloaded illegally.

WGM Global is, if you think about it, an extremely voyeuristic programme that demonstrates this yearning for personal identification with idols well. Gui Gui’s ethnicity as Chinese, though she is a Taiwanese national, is definitely a key reason behind producers casting her. This helps the show appeal to a largely untapped consumer market. Comments on Chinese boards mostly show a large degree of affection for Gui Gui and have lively debates about communication in such a cross-cultural marriage.  Gui Gui, for the mainland Chinese market, the Taiwanese market and the Hong Kong market, becomes a female lead that Chinese people like and can relate to. This personal identification, perhaps even fantasy about what married life to a K-pop star like Taecyeon or Hongki is like, is what has driven the explosive popularity of We Got Married Global in China and Taiwan.

01082013_seoulbeats_wgmglobal3

There’s a fascinating logic behind the marketing of personal relationships at the heart of K-pop and most Korean media products marketed as part of the “Hallyu” wave. It is both immediately enthralling, as in WGM Global, where people tune in to witness the intimate workings of a relationship and the line between who the actors are and who they play in the relationship. But it is also cold, that media companies can grasp so well what consumers want it and feed it to them so well we don’t realize how strange this is, to have our fantasies acted out by a living, breathing pair of people. These living, breathing people are acting in a way fans hope do reflect a fair amount of their personality. This is marketing targeted razor-sharp to a specific demographic, playing on cultural and social desires. K-pop does it devastatingly well.

The word “idol” sums it up the best. In K-pop, economics and personality, whether real or manufactured, cannot be separated. WGM Global is another example of how well K-pop is positioned to ride the wave of cultural globalization, or interaction with other cultures. It becomes like a mirror, reflecting exactly what it thinks our innermost  desires are.

(iQiyi,

Bucheon International Film Festival)/ seoulbeats

20 Fascinating Facts You Might Not Know About Your Favorite K-pop Idols

Jo-Kwon-2PM-Nichkhun-Taecyeon-Junho-Chan

This may sound daring, but I'll go ahead and assume that a lot of us aren't personally acquainted with some of our favorite K-pop idols (even though you know, as well as I, that we'd be the best, best friends they ever had - like, ever).

And because these idols are carefully filtered through all that airbrushed makeup and flawless performances, we so readily accept their otherworldliness, which is exactly what's expected of us - our idolatry. 

But here are 20 facts (weird, gross, random, tragic - they're all in there) you may or may not have known that take away from some of their perfection.

(skipped unrelated.....)

9. In elementary school, Taecyeon proposed to his first love with two rings. One ring was silver and the other was gold. The gold one just so happened to be 

his mother's wedding ring (what a guy). Bora_1376341992_Taecyeon-Hands-Up-MV-tae

Do you guys have any engrossing facts we may not have known about your favorite idols?

source : allkpop

For Your Viewing Pleasure: A Dandy Splash of Style

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take the time out of the week to share with our readers some of the most recent fashion-forward photos tied to the K-pop landscape.

The following is an assortment of some of the most dapper pictorials from this month’s fashion magazine photoshoots:

(skipped unrelated.....)

Taecyeon (2PM) | 1st Look Vol. 49

20130818_seoulbeats_2pm_taecyeon

(Images via Elle, High Cut, Cosmopolitan, CeCi, Harper’s Bazaar, 1st Look, InStyle, GQ, Esquire, L’Officiel Hommes, PiFan Daily)seoulbeats

LINK to view page : http://seoulbeats.com/2013/08/for-your-viewing-pleasure-splash-of-style/

class="content-title"Cosmopolitan Reveals Taecyeon, Kim Woo Bin, Kim Ji Suk and Others’ Dating Secrets

Cosmopolitan Reveals Taecyeon, Kim Woo Bin, Kim Ji Suk and Others’ Dating Secrets

The September edition of “Cosmopolitan” will be highly sought after since it will feature a special pictorial on some of the hottest male celebrities right now: 2PM‘s Taecyeon, Kim Ji Suk, Kim Woo Bin, Verbal Jint, Park Ki Woong, Seo Ha Joon, No Min Woo, Go Kyung Pyo, Choi Jin Hyuk, Kim Gi Ri, Song Jae Rim, 2AM‘s Jinwoon and BEAST‘s Yong Jun Hyung.

A few cuts of the pictorial were pre-released including Taecyeon, Kim Ji Suk, Kim Woo Bin and Verbal Jint on August 20.

For the interview, Taecyeon admitted that he’s the type that can’t talk or even look at the girl he really likes. Being the romantic guy that he is, Taecyeon revealed that his dream proposal is to take his girl to Venice’s Piazza San Marco and present the ring to her as they hear a live performance of a song they both like.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Interview excerpts from other male celebrities about their innermost thoughts on dating and women can be found in the September issue of “Cosmopolitan” magazine.

credit : soompi news

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Who Are You - 2013" Episode 8

photo340030.jpg

This drama is now deliberately straddling the line trying to see just how dumb its characters can act while still being basically sympathetic and creating a genuine conflict. It's like watching a high-rise tightrope walker. Sure, the fact that the drama has made it halfway seems to imply that it can do it the whole time- yet at any given minute I'm absolutely convinced it's going to fall down several stories and completely destroy itself.

As goofy as the storylines are, they're just barely real enough that I can't fault the humor or see it as out of place. A significant portion of the conflict is about asking women out on dates. It's dumb and silly- yet as difficult as it may be to believe, that's pretty much exactly what it feels like trying to ask someone out on a date. There is no non-awkward, non-potentially embarassing way to do it. It's this comedic void of never knowing whether or not she, the universe, or both, is really just engaging in elaborate mockery.

And this dynamic is entirely appropriate to the relationship between Si-on and Geon-Woo, because these characters can't even keep a straight face during working hours when they're supposed to be acting like professionals. So of course they're going to go through ridiculous "date or not a date" nonsense. Their dynamic actually makes the whole storyline a lot funnier than it deserves. Geon-Woo deliberately uses formal titles and tense when addressing Si-On during these romantic hijinx. Something he rarely ever does when they're actually working. It sounds grotesquely inconsistent objectively, but as far as these characters are concerned? Yes, it absolutely makes sense that they would talk this way in this context.

Movement on the main plot is deliberate and steady. Characters figure out inconsistencies and try to come up with the best way to follow up on them. It's this same sort-of competent sort-of-not that permeates the rest of the drama. Si-On's plan really shouldn't work for as long as it does, considering how much her stylish but completely inappropriate for work t-shirts stick out, but I can believe it does because the person Si-On is following is just as unprofessional and unobservant as she is.

On a final note, the fake lighter gun is starting to give me the creeps. Everyone keeps pointing it everywhere like it's a toy, even though it looks identical to a real gun. At first I thought it was just a one-off joke but now I'm worried that someone is going to secretly replace it with an actual gun and people are going to get hurt. As yet, I still can't decide whether this plot development will be horrible or hilarious, because the drama is right up there on that tightrope, and I don't know whether the next step is going to be another right one.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Who Are You - 2013"

photo341911.jpg

Characters who had previously taken very specific actions in regards to their love interests have apparently failed to consider what exactly step two of their plan was. Geon-Woo knew when he contrived this a-date-or-maybe-not situation that you were still going to have to go to work the next day. Apparently he really was so short-sighted that the best plan he could come up with was acting like a shy, idiot teenager.

I like how, in spite of that epic kiss, apparently Si-On and Geon-Woo still aren't in what we could reasonably call a romantic relationship. Si-On barely even registers that the event happened at all. Bad writing? Possibly- but I choose to interpret this as just another long-reaching impact of the unprofessional way she conducts the workplace. Why yes, she can totally kiss her subordinate and expect the emotion fallout to be his problem. Why shouldn't she? Her job has no apparent oversight or responsibilities, so who's going to stop her? Not to mention, he kissed her. Try explaining that to the human resources officer. Well played, woman who I would not want as my boss.

Incompetence in the workplace crops up other places, too, as we discover this specific branch of the police department has no apparent security. By which I mean, I'm not even sure they have locks on the doors, or guards who stay awake all night. It's a lucky thing this job is so unimportant. Except for the parts where Shi-On has to go on ghost-related adventures, although I have no idea what she writes this down as in her employment log.

There seem to be relatively few ghosts these days to pester Si-On. Even Hyeong-Joon seems to be avoiding her lately, preferring to instead communicate through Hee-Bin, the cute spirit medium. Apparently she hasn't gotten the memo that this is supposed to be a drama about gangsters, because she continues to act as if she's in a romantic comedy and that the ghosts exist mainly to enable her love life. It's too bad Si-On didn't think of that. Could have saved her a lot of trouble earlier on.

Oh, and the gangsters! Can't forget the gangsters! They're a real mob. By which I mean, hand them torches and pitchforks, and I could see them chasing monsters through the street. They've taken the organized out of organized crime, and instead utilize that adjective in attacking people in specific, easily memorized patterns. But hey, I can't complain. Any plot contrivance that ends up with Si-On smashing guys with a large wooden plank is a contrivance I can totally get behind.

2PM's Taecyeon and Gui Gui release "I Love You" MV

taecyeon_guigui.jpg
‘We Got Married - Global Edition’ couple 2PM’s Taecyeon and Gui Gui (Emma Wu) previously recorded a duet together titled “I Love You”, and now the full music video for the song has been unveiled.

On August 27th, Global We Got Married official Youtube channel uploaded the full music video for “I Love You”. Although the show has already concluded, the video is enough to bring back the sweet moments of the virtual couple of Gui Gui and Taecyeon.

Check out the MV below:

source : dailykpopnews