Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

class="content-title"2PM’s Taecyeon Talks Next-Day Love Scenes in “1st Look”

2PM’s Taecyeon Talks Next-Day Love Scenes in “1st Look”

2PM member and actor Taecyeon was featured in a photo shoot and interview in the July issue of “1st Look.”  In the style magazine, Taecyeon talks in depth about one of his upcoming acting projects.  

This year, the handsome idol was cast in a movie called “The Eve of Marriage” [also known as "The Night Before the Wedding"] and in a tvN drama called “Who Are You.”  The movie ”The Eve of Marriage” follows the four couples as they face their fears, expectations, and joys about their upcoming nuptials, and Taecyeon plays the role of Won Cheol who is engaged to So Mi (played by Lee Yeon Hee).  In the supernatural drama “Who Are You?,” Taecyeon plays the role of Cha Geon Wu who is a police officer that only believes in evidence that he can see or touch, and eventually falls for fellow police officer Si On (played by So Yi Hyun).  The plot centers around Si On’s discovery of her ability to see ghosts after awakening from a six-year coma.          

Despite Taecyeon’s packed schedule, he did not want to miss the drama “Who Are You?”  Taecyeon commented: “Actually after finishing shooting for my movie “The Eve of Marriage,” barely two days later, I started shooting for my drama “Who Are You?”  Even during those two days, I had to complete my part in 2PM’s schedule.  As I was continuously doing concerts or various other types of work, there were times when I was injured and exhausted, but, I did not want to miss the opportunity to do this drama.  As I read [the script], I was so curious about how the story would unfold and that was really fun.”

Taecyeon went on to touch upon the love scene with So Yi Hyun in the drama: “Never mind getting close with each other, after the script reading, the very next day, we shot the love scene.  When we crossed paths, we had only exchanged greetings a few times, so, of course, when we saw the continuity, we were both flustered.  But, luckily, the chemistry was good, no issue over who was going to lead, I think we were able to shoot the scene naturally.”           

Taecyeon also talked about his motivation for playing the character Cha Geun Wu in the drama: “Actually, even in my movie “The Eve of Marriage” [also known as “The Night Before the Wedding”], the character I play, Won Cheol, is quiet, keeps his worries to himself, and is the type of man who will wait for a woman.  Because of that, this time, I deliberately chose a drama (different from the movie) where my character shows a side of himself where he takes what he wants in opposition to others, and has a part of himself where he tries to do that.  First, my character Geun Wu (in the drama “Who Are You?”] as a police officer, due to a terrible mistake, is demoted, and, because of that, has this ambition to rise to the top again.  However you look at it, this character’s personality is different.”              

Taecyeon also had a message for viewers: “This is the kind of drama that has diverse elements and is very complex.  There are lots of hidden secrets and a bit of a horror atmosphere.  I had given the script to my staff, but, because of the costumes, there were some people amongst my staff who were so scared that they could not read it.  But, even though I really hate horror stuff, I enjoyed reading the script, so viewers can also feel relaxed [that they too will enjoy the drama].”

credit : soompi news

*** Can't wait to see it.  

:))

class="content-title"Taecyeon Shows His Passion for Acting on BTS Photos of “Who Are You”

Taecyeon Shows His Passion for Acting on BTS Photos of “Who Are You”

Recently, BTS photos of Taecyeon on the set of tvN’s new drama “Who Are You” were released.

In the revealed photos is 2PM’s Taecyeon, who plays the role of Gun Woo, a capable yet troublesome policeman. So Yi Yeon will be playing the female lead named Si On, another police officer who awoke from a six-year coma and has the ability to see ghosts.

In the released pictures, Taecyeon shows enthusiasm and solemnity as he studies the script with the director. A staff member from the set stated, “Taeyeon’s passion for acting is incredible. He is learning a lot from everyone on the set, including the director and other actors, to understand his character.”

Meanwhile, the first episode of “Who Are You” will be aired on July 29, 2013.

taecyeon who are you2

***Maybe because of his busy schedule. But, at the end of the day, it is his choice whether he wants to attend or not. Or maybe he has some special arrangements, we really wouldn't know.  People are just happy when they found a chance to start throwing their bombs and let their hate overflowing! Aish....

Taecyeon hasn't been attending his classes at Korea University?

2PM-Taecyeon_1374265599_af_org.jpg

2PM's Taecyeon made headlines when he was accepted in to Korea University's School of International Studies and earned praise from fans and the public initially, but it has now been reported that contrary to popular belief, he hasn't been attending his classes. 

He'd previously said, "I wondered what it'd be like if I helped use the influence I have as part of 2PM internationally in a good way, so I decided on that major. I might not be a scholar, but It's something I want to try. I'm going to work hard so that I can become an ambassador of peace."

SEE ALSO: 2PM try life without electricity for 'The Human Condition'

Even though some articles had reported that Taecyeon was diligently attending classes, asking an actual student at the School of International Studies revealed that Taecyeon had yet to attend his classes. In one of the attendance lists for Taeceyon's class, it shows Taecyeon had never been to class since the beginning of the semester and the professor seems to have given up on marking Taecyeon's absence after a while.

One student who was in 5 of Taecyeon's classes said that he'd seen Taecyeon once during the entire semester, leading netizens to wonder whether that means he also hasn't handed in necessary reports nor taken the midterms and finals.

Korea University's School of International Studies said, "By school rules, a student get an F is he is absent for more than 1/6th of the classes. However, there is a portion where the professor can give his own opinions for a grade. Even though Taecyeon registered, he missed his classes, so he probably hasn't received grades. It's difficult for him to expect grades if he's not coming to any classes."

In response to the report, netizens have been voicing various opinions that range from criticizing celebrities who use their status and image to be accepted into the school only to not attend in the end, to reasoning that Taecyeon was probably too busy with 2PM promotions lately to attend and should be given a chance to explain.

Taecyeon graduated from Dankook University with a degree in business administration and was accepted into Korea University Graduate School of International Studies. 

Source: Kuki News via Nate / allkpop

*** I hope 2pm do resemble ShinHwa in a way or two in terms of longevity.:))

class="content-title"2PM’s Taecyeon Hopes 2PM Achieves Shinhwa’s Longevity in “1st Look”

2PM’s Taecyeon Hopes 2PM Achieves Shinhwa’s Longevity in “1st Look”

2PM member and actor Taecyeon was featured in a photo shoot and interview in the July issue of “1st Look.”  In the style magazine, Taecyeon talks in depth about his new drama “Who Are You?” and reveals his hopes for 2PM.  

Taecyeon said: “After we debuted, until the time that we received major awards for “Heartbeat,” it took us two years.   What I’m saying is that other new groups had enough time to stomp down and mark their places.  But, as opposed to being on pins and needles, we gained a wider perspective [on the music industry].  This time, the thing that I felt as I watched Shinhwa [senior idol group], when you work a long time, as you do the work, you become more charismatic.  Like Shinhwa, as 2PM has its ups and downs, as time goes by, I hope there will come a day when just our existence is looked at as charismatic.” 

***8-hours to film that scene? It's unbelievable - their lips must've been numb!. Because that's a super long time. And I would feel motion sickness if I was on it for so long- If I was Suzy, I would be happy - hahaha. Lucky her. And I know you liked it Taecyeon...... :))

Taecyeon reveals his kiss scene with Suzy took 8 hours to film

2PM-Taecyeon-miss-A-Suzy_1374538720_af_o

After being dubbed as So Yi Hyun's most 'professional' kissing partner, 2PM's Taecyeon revealed he had plenty of experience especially with his 'Dream High' co-star Suzy.

SEE ALSO: So Yi Hyun reveals Taecyeon was her most 'professional' kissing partner

On the July 22nd broadcast of 'Taxi', Taecyeon shared, "Up until now, I've filmed a kiss scene with Suzy and Lee Yeon Hee, whom I filmed a movie with that will premiere at the end-of-the-year. When I filmed my kiss scene with Suzy, it was my first kiss scene so I worried about how I should go about it. We ended up filming that kiss scene for close to 8 hours."

When the MCs gasped in surprise, Taecyeon revealed why it took so long as he said, "We filmed it in a ferris wheel so the camera crew had to film it inside, outside, and far away." 

Kim Gu Ra added, "When it is filmed far away, you don't have to keep kissing right?", Taecyeon replied, "You can hardly see it. But yeah we still did it anyways," leaving Suzy's fanboys fuming with envy.

source : allkpop

***Looking good Taec! I want this magazine.:))

2PM's Taecyeon and Kim Jae Wook make fans swoon with their manly charms for 'Singles'

2PM-Taecyeon_1374555629_af_org.jpg

'Who Are You?' co-stars 2PM's Taecyeon and Kim Jae Wook posed in a hot pictorial for 'Singles' magazine.

The co-stars teased viewers with their muscular figures in their tight-fitting suits and left fans gazing at the pictorial with their mesmerizing charisma.

During an interview with the magazine, Taecyeon shared, "I always wanted to pursue acting... It's been 6 years since my debut as a singer, and there are still a lot of things that I don't know, but I think I have better insight on how things work now. But as an actor, I am a rookie and I am on the level of an actor who is just testing the waters. That is why I want to learn more. I don't know how far acting will take me in the future."

Check out Taecyeon and Kim Jae Wook's pictorial while you wait for the premiere of their tvN drama 'Who Are You?' on July 29!

Taecyeon_1374555662_20130723_Taecyeon_1.

Taecyeon_1374555673_20130723_Taecyeon_2.

Taecyeon_1374555682_20130723_Taecyeon_3.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

[Photo] 2PM′s Ok Taecyeon, So E Hyun and More Attend ′Who Are You′ Production Presentation

The cast of upcoming tvN drama Who Are You gathered for a production presentation held at the Youngdeungpo CGV in Seoul on July 23.

(skipped unrelated.....)

38446455.jpg

Say hello to Ok Taecyeon the actor.

13478038.jpg

Ok Taecyeon is out to kill.

14409505.jpg

Ok Taecyeon and So E Hyun take a prom shot.

86776725.jpg

So E Hyun is one lucky lady.

81465212.jpg

The cast line up for a final shot.

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min / enewsworld

‘Who Are You' Ok Taec Yeon casting as a main character for the first time

020130723173732_51ee40ccd6306_1.jpg

Ok Taec Yeon is coming back with a new drama.

On July 23rd, press conference of new tvN drama 'Who Are You' was held on CGV Youngdeungpo branch in Seoul, and he said, "It is a great honor to stand in front of you with a new drama."0

In the drama, Ok Taec Yeon will be casting as Gun Woo who is a rookie police.

Especially, Gun Woo is one of the key characters who will lead the plot developments.

Ok Taec Yeon said, "I'm feeling a lot of pressure because it is first time for me to cast as the main character. I will keep doing my best."

He also added, "I will do my best so that I won't feel ashamed of myself in the future."

On the other hand, 'Who Are You' will premiere on July 29th.

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Guest yuree

Taecyeon's fans from all over the world donate 6,790 lbs of rice for his drama 'Who Are You'

July 24, 2013 @ 12:37 pm 2PM-Taecyeon_1374675854_af_org.jpgTaecyeon's fans from all over the world gathered together to donate 3.08 tons (approximately 6,790 lbs) of rice for the idol!

tvN's 'Who Are You' had its press conference at the Seoul Yeongdeung-po CGV, and fans from Korea, China, Japan, Thailand, Philippines, and Peru donated 154 bags of 20kg rice for a total of 3.08 tons. 

This is enough to feed 25,000 people for a day, and Taecyeon will be sending it to the 2PM G+ Starzone to help children in need. 

As mentioned before, the paranormal melodrama will portray the love story of Si On(So Yi Hyun), who wakes up after a 6-year coma and starts to see ghosts, and Cha Gun Woo(Taecyeon), the realist cop who ends up working with her. 
'Who Are You' will premiere on July 29 at 11PM KST after the finale of 'Dating Agency: Cyrano'!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/07/taecyeons-fans-from-all-over-the-world-donate-6790-lbs-of-rice-for-his-drama-who-are-you

yuree said:

Taecyeon's fans from all over the world donate 6,790 lbs of rice for his drama 'Who Are You'

July 24, 2013 @ 12:37 pm
Taecyeon's fans from all over the world gathered together to donate 3.08 tons (approximately 6,790 lbs) of rice for the idol!

tvN's 'Who Are You' had its press conference at the Seoul Yeongdeung-po CGV, and fans from Korea, China, Japan, Thailand, Philippines, and Peru donated 154 bags of 20kg rice for a total of 3.08 tons. 

This is enough to feed 25,000 people for a day, and Taecyeon will be sending it to the 2PM G+ Starzone to help children in need. 

As mentioned before, the paranormal melodrama will portray the love story of Si On(So Yi Hyun), who wakes up after a 6-year coma and starts to see ghosts, and Cha Gun Woo(Taecyeon), the realist cop who ends up working with her. 
'Who Are You' will premiere on July 29 at 11PM KST after the finale of 'Dating Agency: Cyrano'!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/07/taecyeons-fans-from-all-over-the-world-donate-6790-lbs-of-rice-for-his-drama-who-are-you

Spine-Tingling Preview For Ghostly New Drama ‘Who Are You?’

Spine-Tingling Preview For Ghostly New Drama 'Who Are You?' "Who Are You?"

Kdrama writers are really clever at coming up with inventive love triangles but the upcoming drama “Who Are You?” starring 2PM’s Taecyeon, Kim Jae Wook and actress So E Hyun takes complicated three-party relationships to a whole new level.
In this drama, So E Hyun plays Si On, a woman who was involved in a car crash and lost her memory. In place of her memory, she now has the ability to see ghosts, including the ghost of her boyfriend who died in the same accident. And he does not seem ready to break up with her.
A new trailer for the drama shows Kim Jae Wook playing her dead boyfriend looking as if he drowned in some very cold slimy water. It’s hard to make an actor that attractive look like someone to avoid but the trailer does a very convincing job.
When you compare his cold dead specter to the living breathing Taecyeon, he looks even worse. But how do you leave a boyfriend you loved behind, even when he’s only a ghost? If he is still visiting you and you are dating someone else, is it cheating?
The person she might be dating is her detective boss, Gun Woo, played by Taecyeon. Gun Woo is a man who does not believe in ghosts, so she has to convince him that they are real.
Once So E Hyun manages to convince Taecyeon, the two detectives can help the unsettled spirits who appear before her. Through their shared experiences the two will draw closer together and develop a relationship.
Will the dead boyfriend be jealous?
“The romance between this woman who sees spirits and a man who doesn’t properly value the human spirit will be very different from anything you have seen,” said producer Lee Min Jin. “It’s going to be a new genre with plenty of heartwarming moments when the leads try to aid the spirits.”
The cast for this drama has plenty of chemistry. In the past all of the actors have delivered great performances. So E. Hyun’s last role was the social climbing wife in “Cheomdamdung Alice.” Taecyeon’s last role was in “Dream High.” Kim Jae Wook recently finished his two years of compulsory military service. Before that he appeared in the drama “Mary Stayed Out All Night” and the film “Antique Bakery.”

The series will air after “Dating Agency: Cyrano.” Check out the new trailer for a glimpse of the supernatural love triangle.

source : ohkpop / kpopstarz

Guest trulyblessedisa

So Yi Hyun reveals 2PM Taecyeon was her most 'professional' kissing partner

2pm.06.jpg

As an actress, So Yi Hyun has her own share of kiss scenes, but she picked 2PM's Taecyeon as the most 'professional' partner she's had in her career.

So Yi Hyun and Taecyeon were guests on tvN's 'Taxi' to promote their new drama 'Who Are You'. They revealed that they actually had to film a kiss scene almost as soon as they met. So Yi Hyun said that when she had her kiss scene with Yonghwa and Kim Hyung Jun, they were incredibly nervous, which made her more nervous in turn.

However, Taecyeon was so professional and natural at it that after their kiss scene, she just felt, "What was that?". Taecyeon revealed that he didn't really have a choice because the concept of the kiss was that they were lovers who'd dated for a while.

'Who Are You' starts airing on July 29 through tvN!

So E Hyun Says She Wants to Stop Feeling Awkward Around 2PM′s Ok Taecyeon

Though they′ve had kiss scenes and all that jazz, So E Hyun revealed that she′s still not that close with Ok Taecyeon.

At the press conference for tvN′s Who Are You held on July 23, So E Hyun said she would like to have the ability to read minds, and added, "I would like to use that ability to become friends with Ok Taecyeon."

64613386.jpg

The two leads appear in Who Are You as a quarrelsome pair that ends up as a couple. Because the drama was still in its beginnings, the two still seemed to feel awkward around each other.

So E Hyun said, "Rumors say I act awkward around Ok Taecyeon. Now I′m a bit closer, but I want to become even better friends with the ability to read minds."

So E Hyun appears in Who Are You as the ghost-seeing Si On. She gains the ability to see ghosts after she wakes up from a six-year coma, and is situated in a lost and found center where she tries to listen to the spirits attached to the objects left behind.

Ok Taecyeon will be Si On′s partner Cha Geon Woo. He doubts Si On at first when she says she can see ghosts, but later on comes to trust her and helps her with her tasks.

Who Are You will kick off on July 29.

[K-Pop Battle] 2PM’s Taecyeon vs. CN Blue’s Lee Jung Shin

The idols are taking over the drama world once again, and this week, we’re having 2PM’s Taecyeon and CN Blue’s Lee Jung Shin, who will both light up the small screen in the coming months, fight it out for the best idol actor title in our K-Pop Battle.

48749666.jpg

Taecyeon

He may be playing husband to Gui Gui on the global edition of MBC’s popular love variety show We Got Married, but 2PM’s Taecyeon is set to heat up the screen with another woman in upcoming tvN drama Who Are You.

Taecyeon stars opposite actress So E Hyun in what has been dubbed a ‘ghost romance’ as a detective who only believes what he sees.

Character stills and a teaser of the stars getting up close and personal have already piqued fans’ interests in the drama that is set to air on July 29.

(skipped unrelated.....)

44728295.jpg

credit : enewsworld

@willenette
Taecyeon injured his left arm while having a wrestling match with his 2PM members last year... here are some links on the said injury...
http://www.soompi.com/2012/05/16/2pms-taecyeon-sent-to-hospital-with-broken-arm/

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2012/05/2pms-taecyeon-sent-to-the-hospital-for-arm-injury

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/2pm-s-taecyeon-broke-his-arm-while-arm-015400229.html

and a clip where Junho admitted he was the other party..
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x108spt_eng-sub-130515-mbc-s-radio-star-2pm-special-part-2-5_people?search_algo=2

pluie625 said: @willenette
Taecyeon injured his left arm while having a wrestling match with his 2PM members last year... here are some links on the said injury...
http://www.soompi.com/2012/05/16/2pms-taecyeon-sent-to-hospital-with-broken-arm/

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2012/05/2pms-taecyeon-sent-to-the-hospital-for-arm-injury

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/2pm-s-taecyeon-broke-his-arm-while-arm-015400229.html

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x108spt_eng-sub-130515-mbc-s-radio-star-2pm-special-part-2-5_people?search_algo=2

*** I’m again going to glue my eyes to Taecyeon here. I’m looking forward to this one. He is such a cutie. Ghostly trend is starting again but this one seems interesting. I have a feeling this is gonna be good. I especially loved that Taecyeon look in the poster, nice poster.  I don’t understand why some are criticizing his acting, he could act, I don’t think he’s terrible. I’m in for this drama just to see him. And it will be interesting to see Taec acting in a ‘not so cool’ role. Besides, I trust TvN and TvN writers so I know TvN does a great job of releasing quality dramas. TvN has created many of the most entertaining dramas I have seen. Taecyeon bring it on!L-)

Posters and character stills for Who Are You

by girlfriday | July 28, 2013

WhoAreYou6.jpg

These cable premieres always sneak up on me. The new ghost-seeing cop melodrama Who Are You takes off tomorrow on tvN. (I know, where did July go?) I guess they win for fastest ghost-seer out of the gate this year, with ghost-seeing insomniac just a nose behind, and ghost-seeing detective bringing up the rear. Of course first won’t count for much if they falter, but one out of three seems like fairly good odds for one decent drama, right?

The 16-episode Monday-Tuesday show comes from the PD of To My Beloved and Daemul and the writer of I Love Lee Tae-ri and Style. It stars So Yi-hyun as a police officer who wakes up from a six-year coma with the ability to see ghosts. Kim Jae-wook plays her ex-boyfriend (also a cop) who died on a case they were working together, and when she wakes up it’s as if he just died yesterday.

And then when she gets back to work she’s assigned a new partner in Taecyeon, the hothead skeptic. He only believes in things he can touch and see for himself, but she’ll have him running all over town, literally chasing ghosts. The romance with him looks a lot lighter than the rest of the drama, with more of a bickering partnership to look forward to (He calls her a total whackjob in the teaser below).

I think this show’s strength will be in the mystery, because it starts out with a day — the crucial one that ends with a dead boyfriend and a heroine in a coma — that she can’t remember. So Ghost Kim Jae-wook will play a huge role in unraveling that mystery, not just haunting his ex ’cause he can’t move on. Though of course I’m sure he’ll do his share of angsty lurking. I know it’s not a comedy, but can we get one scene where he makes Taecyeon hit himself or trip on thin air, just out of petty jealousy? That would kind of make my day.

Who Are You premieres Monday on tvN.

WhoAreYou7.jpg

WhoAreYou10.jpg

WhoAreYou11.jpg

WhoAreYou12.jpg

WhoAreYou13.jpg

WhoAreYou14.jpg

WhoAreYou15.jpg

WhoAreYou16.jpg

WhoAreYou17.jpg

WhoAreYou18.jpg

WhoAreYou19.jpg

WhoAreYou20.jpg

WhoAreYou21.jpg

WhoAreYou22.jpg

WhoAreYou23.jpg

WhoAreYou24.jpg

WhoAreYou8.jpg

Via tvN

So Who′s the Highest Ranking Police Officer in 2PM?

Ok Taecyeon got his own police rank thanks to his role in tvN′s Who Are You, and this has actually become something to joke about among the 2PM members.

At the press conference for Who Are You held on July 23, Ok Taecyeon said, "The other members and I joked about our ranks because of my police officer role."

63835977.jpg

In his recent film Cold Eyes, 2PM member Junho took on the role of an outgoing ace member in the police surveillance section.

Taecyeon said about Junho, "I actually haven′t been able to watch Cold Eyes yet, but I′m feeling pressure because Junho′s doing so well. I need to work harder. I didn′t share advice with Junho, but since we′re both policemen we joked about which one is higher in rank."

He added, "Actually, Chansung is highest in rank because he was in the drama 7th Grade Civil Servant.

Taecyeon appears in Who Are You as Cha Geon Woo, a detective. He is a delinquient police agent, but is always enthusiastic toward solving cases.

The singer showed his determination toward his first acting role in two years since KBS2′s Cinderella′s Sister and Dream High.

"I′m honored I′ll be able to appear before you with such a great piece," he said. "I′ve been pressured because it′s my first lead role, but I′ve also been working hard. It′s different from the other pieces I′ve acted in, and I′m trying to make it one that I won′t be embarrassed of when I look back on it in the future."

Who Are You is about a woman named Si On (So E Hyun), who wakes up after a six-year coma to find she can see ghosts, and Geon Woo, a man who only believes what he can see. The two will attempt to help spirits attached to objects at a lost and found center rest in piece.

The drama′s first episode will air on July 29.

2PM′s Ok Taecyeon Hangs From a Rooftop for ′Who Are You′

Ok Taecyeon put his muscles to good use, perfectly executing a bit of wire action on a rooftop.

The tvN special Who Are You: Secret File 130729 that aired on July 23 showed Ok Taecyeon filming a dangerous-looking action scene.

89734887.jpg

Taecyeon was shown on wires in hot summer weather, filming a scene in which he had to hang onto the edge of a rooftop with one hand. He had to wear wires for over an hour for this scene.

Taecyeon said, "It was okay when I had to run around and be hit with things since I had to be in an investigation, but the wire action was really hard. I had to lie down for a while after that shoot because I became exhausted for the first time in a while."

Producer Lee Min Jin of Who Are You said, "We have a lot of difficult scenes, but the actors have been perfecting them with their passion. Their health is as important as their emotions and their acting, and we′re thankful the actors have been taking care of themselves. You′ll be able to see why Ok Taecyeon had to hang from a rooftop and how that scene will turn out in the episode to air soon."

Who Are You will air its first episode on July 29.

Photo credit: tvN / enewsworld

willenette said: pluie625 said: @willenette

pluie625 said: willenette said: pluie625 said: @willenette

class="post-title"Taecyeon and Kim Jae Won for Singles

taecyeon1

Taecyeon and Kim Jae Won promote their new drama, tvN’s Who Are You?,  in the newest edition of Singles magazine.

The interview comes with ghostly-toned photo shoot, just like their drama’s theme.

(skipped unrelated.....)

taecyeon2.jpg
taecyeon3.jpg

source : KoreanVibe

@willenette Hahaha yeah, I like Taecyeon among the 2PM members. Honestly, I only know Taecyeon, Nichkhun and Wooyoung before. But because of Taecyeon, I also watch their clips and listen to their songs just recently though. I'm not a fan of drama or movie with ghosts because I keep imagining it and I have nightmares after watching. But I will try to watch it for the love of Taecyeon.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Who Are You - 2013" Episode 1

photo332263.jpg

Within the first few minutes of this episode a police officer gets on a boat and repeatedly gets lost. He gets so lost, in fact, that the gangsters chasing him can't find him even when they just had the guy surrounded. "Who Are You - 2013" is one of those shows where spatial reasoning does not apply. Characters (and ghosts) can appear basically anywhere the plot needs them to, regardless of where they are or how difficult it is for them to get there.

Normally this kind of continuity problem drives me up the wall- however, "Who Are You - 2013" is so cheesy and absurd that I can't help but laugh every time it happens. Nothing in this show makes any sense, and trying to think about how any of this is accomplished just makes me laugh harder because trying to piece anything together logically just leads to more absurdism.

Take our lead character, Yang Si-On (played by So I-hyeon). She gains the ability to see ghosts. It turns out that in this drama, ghosts exist mainly to vex and agitate Si-On. Like, the same way a kid brother would. I don't know what emotion So I-hyeon is trying to communicate but normally she just comes off as "go away you stupid annoying ghosts agh!" The only possible motivation they could have for acting the way they do is to try and get a rise out of Si-On. And it's terribly amusing watching them succeed.

Metaphorically this is also reflected in her normal working life. Cha Geon-Woo (played by Taecyeon) is a bit of an idiot. His hairstyle is terrible and he owns horribly dangerous and pointless props. He has about the worst demeanor I can think for dealing with a suicide attempt, and he annoys Si-On almost as much as the ghosts do. Fortunately, Geon-Woo is in a show where physical location and competence are not impediments to solving problems so he's not completely useless. The laughable ineptness still doesn't inspire much confidence, though.

I really love this show and I like the direction it's going. To be clear, though, I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be a metatextual comedy. I think "Who Are You - 2013" is trying to be a serious horror mystery drama and is just doing a really bad job of it. But what difference does success and failure make anyway as long as it's entertaining? At the end of this episode, Si-On faces an apparently random dangerous situation that should be easily solved with her basic police academy training. The absurdity of this cliffhanger made me laugh at loud. But the real beauty of it is that the resolution is going to be just as ridiculous and I look forward to finding out what it could be.

Review by William Schwartz

"Who Are You - 2013" is directed by Jo Hyeon-tak, written by Moon Ji-yeong and features So I-hyeon, Taecyeon and Kim Jae-wook.

credit : Hancinema